Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

most of rybacks bookings are for his manager's promotion or his manager's buddy's promotion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is he deliberately pricing himself out of the market? Like in a similar way to where Goldberg would've wrestled before last year if he'd gotten the right offer, is the quote Ryback gives basically his way of saying "I don't want to work, but a truck o' money this big will make me do it"?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I guarantee the high ask is due to Ryback's psychology and how he's into The Secret, i.e.: "If I don't ask for everything I deserve, I'll have to accept less. And if I accept less, I admit to myself that I am not worth more." Something like that.

He might also think that acting like a big shot on the indies will draw Vince's eye back to him.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

He allegedly quoted the secret to a promoter who balked at his prices.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

He allegedly quoted the secret to a promoter who balked at his prices.

1000% not shocked

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

CubsWoo posted:

I guarantee the high ask is due to Ryback's psychology and how he's into The Secret, i.e.: "If I don't ask for everything I deserve, I'll have to accept less. And if I accept less, I admit to myself that I am not worth more." Something like that.

He might also think that acting like a big shot on the indies will draw Vince's eye back to him.

I have a feeling it is a mixture of the Secret crap and him actually thinking he is that much of a draw and can command that kind of money. I know he was talking to NJPW after he was released and the price he was asking for was again stupid. I think they just stopped talking to him after that.

On the plus side this means we will likely never see him again. I can't say I'll miss him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The only thing I'm surprised about there is that he hasn't vision boarded his way to TNA yet. Though they probably blew most of their wad on Del Rio.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ryback still insists he's going to try for new japan when his shoulder is fully healed by the way

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What does trying real hard mean for Ryback, is it cutting out and pasting pictures of Gedo on a large piece of Bristol board surrounded by the word DESTINY written in glitter paint

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Ryback is dumb as gently caress.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The funny thing about Ryback too is I can't imagine he is a dude who is really on the radar of ROH or PWG or one of the other big indies. He'd be great on those shows in the Midwest somewhere and he can use his wwe cred to bring in a lot of kids, but like I don't see superdragon blowing up him phone or anything. That being said if he lowered his asking rate. Who knows he might get booked at a bigger show and be able to show off and possibly get over with an Indy crowd.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Is anyone really asking for Ryback anymore though? I mean, I could see people wanting to being him in right after he left the WWE, but it's been about a year now, is there even any interest still there?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

oatgan posted:

ryback still insists he's going to try for new japan when his shoulder is fully healed by the way

I have no idea why they would even want him. Elgin and Ishii do everything he does and more for a hell of a lot less money. As a plus they are already over with their audience.

Rhonne posted:

Is anyone really asking for Ryback anymore though? I mean, I could see people wanting to being him in right after he left the WWE, but it's been about a year now, is there even any interest still there?

I don't think anyone was clamoring for him before he left. It is like Bull Dempsey/James, for about five minutes right after he was released he had a bunch of indie bookings and shoot interviews. Now, I have no idea if he is even still working which he is by all accounts a very nice guy and wasn't that bad of a worker. Ryback at least was for five minutes in the main event scene of WWE and keeps pulling stunts to keep himself in the public eye but so does Virgil.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

bradzilla posted:

It's so cute when people think that the wrestlers care about how they're booked first, and their paycheck second.

Just a thought, but consistent terrible booking hurts a performer's future career prospects in an industry where contract negotiations and revenue from merch sales are based on popularity.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I saw Ryback main event an indie show and he was super over and did a dive. It was okay

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Ryback's so dumb that he's probably on the shortlist for Trump's Child Nutrition Program head.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
hey ryback heres a secret for you: you suck and are bad and curtis axel still has a job so thats what you get for turning your back on friendship

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
actually sorry i said that was a secret and what i meant was obvious common knowledge known to all who have met you, idiot

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ryback just needs GFW/TNA to start overpaying for ex WWE guys again and he'll be on easy street and getting belts again!

Him going to New Japan seems like a pipe dream cause they can pay Chase Owens less to fill the roll he'd end up getting on the card and he's nowhere near talented enough to hang with the Upper Card Foreigners. Maybe he could get tossed out by Scot Norton in the New Japan Rumble?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Ryback apparently showed up at a nerdcon I went to a few weeks ago. Sadly, he left before CM Punk showed up.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ryback to New Japan was a real thing.

However he pissed an American friend of Tiger Hattori's off years ago.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Ryback seems like he would just rather hock his bullshit supplements rather than do the extra legwork of trying to make a career out of wrestling outside of WWE

Which like, fine, the modern culture of wrestlers being a bunch of dorks who grew up loving 'the business' and just desperately want to be a part of it results in a lot of them severely undervaluing themselves, so if he doesn't care enough to keep wrecking his body unless somebody pays him a whole lot of money to do so that's certainly a valid perspective

Also it means that we as a society are subjected to fewer Ryback matches, which I wholeheartedly support

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
ryback sucks and is also a douche

About four years ago at a house show my kid caught a FEED ME MORE shirt that jojo shot out of a t-shirt cannon during the middle of the card break. After the show a handful of wrestlers were hanging around doing interviews, which I assume they always do here because they literally always have kid-filled sunday matinee-time shows and never anything else. Anyway, ryback was one of them, and my kid had on his XXL free shirt, and ryback was like "why did you buy a shirt so big" and my kid said he caught it, and ryback got all uppity about him getting a free shirt.

Then big show put his hand on my kid's head and it was like palming a basketball.

Thanks for reading my story about how ryback sucks and big show is a nice man

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

Just a thought, but consistent terrible booking hurts a performer's future career prospects in an industry where contract negotiations and revenue from merch sales are based on popularity.

I forgot, I have to be extremely specific with goons.

Obviously wrestlers care about their booking. If they're getting paid, you won't hear them complaining about it, you'll hear booking complaints. If you're in TNA and not getting paid on time, then they bitch about not being paid on time and stop caring about the booking until they get paid.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Djarum posted:

I don't think anyone was clamoring for him before he left. It is like Bull Dempsey/James, for about five minutes right after he was released he had a bunch of indie bookings and shoot interviews. Now, I have no idea if he is even still working which he is by all accounts a very nice guy and wasn't that bad of a worker.

Bull is a pissy little baby and a bad, lazy worker. All I've seen him doing lately is making me avoid Highspots shoots I would otherwise watch because I don't want to hear him yap on and on with his crybaby lies.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
The indie careers of The Ryback and Cody Rhodes: an introspective

Ryback
-Rage quit the WWE, burnt bridges
-Little to no presence in the indies due to believing he's a bigger deal than what he really is
-Will fade into obscurity

Cody Rhodes
-Quit WWE on good terms, could go back if he wanted to
-Grandson of a plumber
-Killing it in the indies, deserves to be ROH champ
-Stupid hot wife

Cody wins.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you don't have to post in the third person if it's an introspective, cody

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

you don't have to post in the third person if it's an introspective, cody

Not enough Legend of Zelda or Green Arrow references to be Cody.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

man cody is such a great guy and wonderful God damnm boy that i'd love it if he was enjoyable on the screens. When viewed. i'd say, "Yeah to this here"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I asked around extensively about this.

Becky Lynch currently isn't apart of the internal plans for Summerslam.

The Cyborg feud is just her going into business for herself and a project between Becky Lynch, Luke Sanders and a backup plan for Cyborg if she lost last weekend.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

good because who the gently caress would want to see that

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i would

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

I rest my case

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

So fun people with good taste, glad to know :)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If she's not apart of them, then she's part of them. How does she have this much free time?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

The Cyborg feud is just her going into business for herself and a project between Becky Lynch, Luke Sanders and a backup plan for Cyborg if she lost last weekend.

Did Cyborg really need a backup plan in case she lost to her latest completely overmatched tomato can

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They meant in case the masking agents don't work this time.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

They meant in case the masking agents don't work this time.

How does her piss not melt the cup?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

If Tito didn't manage Cyborg, no buys IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Baron Corbin has new music for some reason

https://streamable.com/9zy2h