Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

Zeg, stop posting so much, you're keeping me out of my rightful place in the top 5 Suck Zone thread posters :mad:

do you have the list? I need to realize that I post way too much and be ashamed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Frijolero posted:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

loquacius posted:

Zeg, stop posting so much, you're keeping me out of my rightful place in the top 5 Suck Zone thread posters :mad:

The more time he spends in the company of Bernie and out of the company of Obama, the better

Makes me wonder if the leftists may gain influence among the Democrat structure when they realise the leftists are the only ones actually willing, let alone able, to actually appeal to voters and get votes instead of expecting everyone to suck their dicks.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Frijolero posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3824498

Inescapable Duck posted:

Makes me wonder if the leftists may gain influence among the Democrat structure when they realise the leftists are the only ones actually willing, let alone able, to actually appeal to voters and get votes instead of expecting everyone to suck their dicks.

nah, the Democrat structure are the same ones that expect everyone to suck their dicks

They need to lose a lot more before they snap out of their denial

"We ain't got a constituency! Stokes got a constituency!"

man O Brother Where Art Thou is the perfect politics metaphor, been too long since we talked about that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

*to the tune of the 5-Dollar Footlong jingle*

Tie

Tie-breaker

~~tie-breaker shitpoooooost~~

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jazerus posted:

he sold out reality winner when she leaked a month or two ago basically

not a conspiracy at all

shoulda been called reality loser! :smugdon: like a dog!!!

Karl Barks posted:

greenwald is to liberals as fishmech is to people who think nutrition and sustenance are the same thing

I love how much hate greenwald gets lmao

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 18:38 on Aug 4, 2017

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the only thing better than greenwald reactions is michael tracey reactions imo, it's great because hes like 50% crazy but also correct a bunch.

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/893516809885949954

it's not the primary/ge anymore tho so nobody cares about him no more :rip:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/samknight1/status/893523780219392000

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The story is "Immoral anti-whistleblower policies may mean jail time for inexperienced leaker" not "Glenn is bad, he did a bad and he totally did it maliciously."

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

The more time he spends in the company of Bernie and out of the company of Obama, the better

#getonmylevel

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/dvoeverie/status/893323969612349441

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

protip catch up on the weekends because work is the only downtime I get

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
still can't believe somebody is named reality winner, what the gently caress is up with that

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If you are called Reality Winner, you ought to be used to your life being an endless string of ironic events.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

What's a middle class even

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Frijolero posted:

yes remember when Glenn Greenwald passed anti-whistle blower legislation and then arrested that poor woman

whistleblowing to the press was never legal

US whistleblower laws only protect whistleblowing to regulators and to Congress. running to the press to blow the whistle on classified stuff is not protected, which is why it's important for the press to protect their sources

instead of incompetently burning their source by showing the government exact copies of what they were given and telling the government where the documents were mailed from, and then taking to Twitter to whine about how their scoop doesn't really matter and how there's no evidence of Russia doing anything bad

it's often forgotten since the media focused on poo poo like invisible printer dots, but the Intercept also showed a government investigators the postmark on the letter that contained the papers, allowing them to determine whether it was sent from and significantly narrow down their search area

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

It's no big deal her brother Quatre Raberba will break her out of prison.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

https://twitter.com/cher/status/759062918340063232

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Was the T/P sex logo ever actually a real thing because it seems so ill advised that it comes across as something that started as a mocking ironic thing that achieve unironic sentience, ala "It's her turn"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

zegermans posted:

Was the T/P sex logo ever actually a real thing because it seems so ill advised that it comes across as something that started as a mocking ironic thing that achieve unironic sentience, ala "It's her turn"

I don't think it actually got used, since the initial reaction to it appearing on like one press release or whatever was so universally uproarious.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Toilet Paper Sex Logo

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

zegermans posted:

Yes they presented it in earnest and it lasted like two days or a week

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Homeless Friend posted:

still can't believe somebody is named reality winner, what the gently caress is up with that

god bless her hippie parents

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

what the gently caress is even the attraction of twitter slapfights

watching two internet nobodies who think they're minor celebrities tweet snippy insults at each other is just dull

There's some appeal to seeing what kind of people public figures actually are. Like, without Twitter it would be difficult to ever realize what a ridiculous and immature person Neera Tanden is, even if you ignore her ideology.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

Toilet Paper Sex Logo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

hell yeah cher

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
GA stole my #1 slot and Condiv has posted so much lately the lead is shortening between #2 and #3

I blame the DNC

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

zegermans posted:

iirc it came out on a Thursday or Friday and they had a replacement by Monday because of all the gifs people made

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jazerus posted:

mostly it's just hard to believe that someone w/ greenwald's experience in shielding federal leakers would be so bad at it, if it wasn't deliberate

I'm glad that literally everyone is a conspiracy theorist now, really makes it easier to let go and stop caring or hoping.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm glad that literally everyone is a conspiracy theorist now, really makes it easier to let go and stop caring or hoping.

when it comes to nsa leaks poo poo is actually, factually always nuts as hell and the folks who are proven correct in the end often come off as conspiracy theorists at the time

were you one of those folks who thought people who believed drake & binney were nuts until the snowden leaks proved everything they had said years earlier??

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Homeless Friend posted:

the only thing better than greenwald reactions is michael tracey reactions imo, it's great because hes like 50% crazy but also correct a bunch.

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/893516809885949954

it's not the primary/ge anymore tho so nobody cares about him no more :rip:

wish Maxine waters had actually beat the poo poo out of this guy lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mattis, like all Marines, is a mistake of a person

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the bitcoin of weed posted:

iirc it came out on a Thursday or Friday and they had a replacement by Monday because of all the gifs people made

tfw the Trump campaign is better at responding to feedback than the Dem party leaders still doing the "Better Deal" thing

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jazerus posted:

when it comes to nsa leaks poo poo is actually, factually always nuts as hell and the folks who are proven correct in the end often come off as conspiracy theorists at the time

were you one of those folks who thought people who believed drake & binney were nuts until the snowden leaks proved everything they had said years earlier??

The "poo poo is so crazy that the craziest conclusion is probably correct" argument is a new one for me.

I don't know why you're referencing those other NSA leakers. It's been pretty broadly accepted that NSA spying has been rampant and unchecked for quite a while.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

tfw the Trump campaign is better at responding to feedback than the Dem party leaders still doing the "Better Deal" thing

look at dumb Trump giving a speech in front of a wall of garbage in a dirty factory in Pennsylvania!!! :smug:

*Wins Pennsylvania by 50k votes*

Frijolero has issued a correction as of 19:53 on Aug 4, 2017

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains,
The jails are made of tin.
And you can walk right out again,
As soon as you are in.
There ain't no short-handled shovels,
No axes, saws nor picks,
I'm bound to stay
Where you sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk
That invented work
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

wait, what's caused medicare costs to skyrocket that much? Even people putting off care in their early 60s shouldn't drive it that hard

that figure is for those on medicare aged 65+.

I reckon it's a combination of factors, from Part D calling for the government to subsidize retail pharma pricing to "that last year of life accounts for x of medical spending" (aka "end-of-life care") to private insurers' profits being capped under the ACA at a *percentage* of medical costs, which does nothing to rein in inflationary medical pricing.

Plus, you know, medical inflation, which has outpaced other sectors for a long time.

Here's a KFF study from a few years ago that examines the various factors, including increased longevity.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

Plus, you know, medical inflation, which has outpaced other sectors for a long time.

I hate the term medical inflation, it should be called price fixing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

The "poo poo is so crazy that the craziest conclusion is probably correct" argument is a new one for me.

I don't know why you're referencing those other NSA leakers. It's been pretty broadly accepted that NSA spying has been rampant and unchecked for quite a while.

nah the craziest conclusion isn't correct. there were tons of actual conspiracy theories surrounding the nsa leakers that were totally insane. but a correct conclusion on stuff surrounding an nsa leak often seems outside the bounds of normality, until further leaks confirm it

who knows why the intercept did what they did, but it was very strange coming from a news organization supposedly intended to facilitate leaks into becoming big stories

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 19:57 on Aug 4, 2017

• Locked thread