Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Elentor posted:

Can someone recommend me a good support build to play with a pre-made party? Are Necromancers still decent after the nerf?

none

nope

this isn't d3 go kill some stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Remembered another link for OP, https://github.com/Exslims/MercuryTrade is a tool similar to PoE Trade Companion thing.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Login servers are up.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Mr. Despair posted:

New website backdrop is pretty dope, pretty hyped to see the new supporter packs too.

the new supporter packs wont be up this weekend. they hope to have them up "soon"

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Slo-Tek posted:

Login servers are up.

not the realm though, so still time to be productive today

e. login servers backdown, hopefully not too much longer before I can claim a primo character name

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 4, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

this isn't d3 go kill some stuff

SRS Necros killed a lot of stuff though, more so than my friends' builds. Probably the reason why it ate a nerf.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Do we have any idea what sort of builds are going to be cool and good this season? I haven't played in about a year and I'm a huge baby who just wants to follow something I know is good. I've made enough non-functional characters on my own :negative:

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
So all summoning builds bad now?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Not enough has changed for them to be bad. They're as solid as they've always been.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

rip patching servers

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Remembered another link for OP, https://github.com/Exslims/MercuryTrade is a tool similar to PoE Trade Companion thing.

I think that has been abandoned. Their update servers are down. No idea if it still works fine for 3.0. You should probably use Trade Companion though.

Also if anybody downloaded NeverSink's filter before 5 minutes ago, you need to redownload it. There was a bug that has been fixed in version 5.0.1.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

patching servers back up with a new ~440 mb update.

e. 4051 in the login queue

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
4081 lets gooo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
5173, only because I used TeamViewer while I'm grabbing my lunch

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Bloodly posted:

Not enough has changed for them to be bad. They're as solid as they've always been.

So can I reasonably follow a build from last season and expect it to be not patched into the dirt, if I don't want to be original.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Mr. Despair posted:

patching servers back up with a new ~440 mb update.

e. 4051 in the login queue

That update wasn't on steam right? I'm in at 1800 and really don't want to restart the game.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Eezee posted:

That update wasn't on steam right? I'm in at 1800 and really don't want to restart the game.

I was at 80 in the queue left and steam hasnt downloaded anything. Now 8800. Yay.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Eezee posted:

I had used the torrent based update, so I wouldn't be shocked if it was local to that.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think the queue is only for the login server, I'm guessing it'll evaporate once 3.0 goes live and they start letting people in

panda clue
May 23, 2014
MOD EDIT How could you think this as anything other than creepy and wrong?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Huge as this launch is likely to be, I wouldn't be surprised to see a short queue at the start.

It's rarely been more than a few minutes wait, even at the worst.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The only thing I'm concerned about is rollbacks and server crashes. And GGG's *usually* really good about those. Probably going to be hotfixes like crazy though regardless, given how huge this expansion is.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you aren't in maps within 6 hours you are a personal failure.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I went from 1k in front of me to 14k because I alt tabbed and missed the second patch :smithicide:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I'm still at work. Hopefully all the login crap will be solved by the time I can play tonight. And that I'm still in the guild. :v:

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

euphronius posted:

If you aren't in maps within 6 hours you are a personal failure.

I think hitting maps is gonna be a fair amount slower now

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Are you really that bored?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 7, 2017

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Skyl3lazer posted:

I think hitting maps is gonna be a fair amount slower now

Especially for those of us who haven't played Beta and want to actually check out the new content.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I know I'm going to take my sweet rear end time leveling my first dude. I've intentionally kept my head in the sand about beta, I had a level 30-something Ranger in Wave 2? I think and I stopped before I got to Dominus. Only in the last few days have I even started to theorycraft builds and everything.

I'm doing SR Inquisitor to start, and then we'll see from there.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

silvergoose posted:

And that I'm still in the guild. :v:
i took a look last night. if you havent logged in in the last 2 weeks you are gone

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I am an intermittent player and I don't know poo poo about how to make good PoE builds or what's in-style, but I'm back to try the new content.

Someone tell me what build to do!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Scoss posted:

I am an intermittent player and I don't know poo poo about how to make good PoE builds or what's in-style, but I'm back to try the new content.

Someone tell me what build to do!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1920845

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
5 minutes lads

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm ready... for the servers to die

nerox
May 20, 2001
Steam, why did you queue the POE update to start at 4:33pm.... :argh:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
'ere we go!

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Queue moving nice and steady.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

This is a cool build but I did it last time I played and also standing around while my totems do everything was a little boring!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eezee posted:

I think that has been abandoned. Their update servers are down. No idea if it still works fine for 3.0. You should probably use Trade Companion though.

Also if anybody downloaded NeverSink's filter before 5 minutes ago, you need to redownload it. There was a bug that has been fixed in version 5.0.1.
Might be abandomed, whatever. Just remembered about it going through PoE stuff during downtime, and it has been updated relatively recently. Either works fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is the Steam patch live? I'm gettin' nothing.