Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

There's a new NES controller-looking fightstick if you wanna get serious on switch for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
jesus gently caress r/Kappa really are the dregs of gaming fandom :stare:

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

In Training posted:

I bought KOF 98 on switch and trying to do inputs with the joycon analogs is hell

why wouldnt you just play on fightcade

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I see he did a custom job for ChrisG.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Even on a mannequin they hoverhand the breasts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

pissdude posted:

why wouldnt you just play on fightcade

I do but I'm on vacation with friends and it's a easy way to do local VS

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dracula Factory posted:

There's a new NES controller-looking fightstick if you wanna get serious on switch for some reason.

I got a brooks converter for my ps4 stick andbit works very well

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Or MvCi will be worst?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Race Realists posted:

jesus gently caress r/Kappa really are the dregs of gaming fandom :stare:

No

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Good comeback.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm not antagonistic

I'm just disagreeing

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ultramega posted:

Good comeback.

No

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Those anime titty posting weirdos are going to somehow destroy all fighting games.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
/r/kappa is just srkgd

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You can suplex a t rex and make the cast into cute girls through vampire magic so Capcom Fighting Evolution is insanely superior.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
actually i take it back, /r/kappa has vastly better opinions about fgs than srkgd ever did

thats about the only improvement tho

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/imashbuttons/status/893235970061078533

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq36qf

James chen apologizing to r/kappa with a healthy dose of "if you hold capcom accountable for their poo poo games you are killing the scene," maybe the worst meme in fgs since people tried to push sfxt

also it is barely an apology in anything but title

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zand posted:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq36qf

James chen apologizing to r/kappa with a healthy dose of "if you hold capcom accountable for their poo poo games you are killing the scene," maybe the worst meme in fgs since people tried to push sfxt

also it is barely an apology in anything but title

srkgd is killing fighting games

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wow! A person who's livelihood depends on a specific company doesn't want people to do anything that could potentially damage his livelihood?
Who would've thunk?!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've seen James Chen cry at the end of a fighting game tournament so his opinion means nothing really.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
"r/Kappa is dangerous" -James Chen, 2017

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zand posted:

"r/Kappa is dangerous" -James Chen, 2017

Is he deathly allergic to thicc asians?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
It's just dumb internet drama and I feel more dumb every word about it I read.

But yeah it's a real bad opinion I mean literally there's a shitload of modern games out that all play better than SFV why would I play it or not be negative towards it? If it was the only game in town the argument can kinda work (although it's still dumb) but there's no reason to vouch for it right now unless hanging on Ryu's nutsack really means a lot to you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think a few thousand goobers on reddit making GBS threads on street fighter v is going to put capcom out of business, and if it somehow did then they were probably going to go out of business anyway

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I feel like a big chunk of the 'wah wah support Capcom" (aside from the obvious people with paid interests) comes from people who see Capcom releases as the only way to get mainstream popularity and are real thirsty for that. I mean obvious having more money in the industry is kind of nice, but at the end of the day I'm perfectly comfortable with FG's being a niche genre. Does having an extra thousand people slumming it in ranked really make a game better? Are non-Capcom fighters bleeding money? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think they are. As long as good games are out that I can get a match in, I'm gonna keep playing them. There's this obsession with "growing the scene." Why? I mean, having new people to play with is nice and you want the scene to sustain itself to the point where good new games keep getting released. But that's clearly already happening by the number of non-capcom games that are getting released and doing successful. Or it is for the last two years or so, anyways. FG's are basically pretty goddamn hard to play by definition. They're antithetical to pretty much every modern gaming trend. I don't think there's a magic audience of 100,000 people ready to join the scene if people just stop making GBS threads on Capcom/if Marvel or SF don't suck. You get temporary boosts from big releases, yeah, but as long as good games are out, the kind of weirdos who are into fighting games are gonna find their way to them somehow and take the plunge.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Isn't the original use of the word apology more akin to the defense of something? Something like Socrate's Apology would make like zero sense otherwise.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Romes128 posted:

I've seen James Chen cry at the end of a fighting game tournament so his opinion means nothing really.

Lol which ones

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ultramega posted:

Lol which ones

All of them

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ultramega posted:

Lol which ones

He cried on stream at the end of Evo lol.

also

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Romes128 posted:

He cried on stream at the end of Evo lol.

You must be new around here.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dracula Factory posted:

Here's the deets. Supports Switch, PC (with both DirectInput and XInput modes), Mac and smartphones/tablets (as well as NES and SNES with some additional dongles), built for modding so that Sanwa parts can be swapped in without soldering or whatever, $80.

It has a wireless bluetooth mode as well as a USB one, so input lag's gonna be a big question until folks can get their hands on it...

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

>Fighting Game Controller
>Bluetooth

:thunk:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I would strongly recommend against buying a fight stick from an unproven manufacturer. Especially since it isn't using Sanwa parts.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Endorph posted:

i dont think a few thousand goobers on reddit making GBS threads on street fighter v is going to put capcom out of business, and if it somehow did then they were probably going to go out of business anyway

i think its just a reflection of the overall sentiment of lower-mid level fans. most people in other places are hardcore dunking on capcom, its not just kappa. they're just particular assholes about it. almost any place that isnt an enormous fanzone and they all are really mad at capcom.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Kins posted:

Here's the deets. Supports Switch, PC (with both DirectInput and XInput modes), Mac and smartphones/tablets (as well as NES and SNES with some additional dongles), built for modding so that Sanwa parts can be swapped in without soldering or whatever, $80.

It has a wireless bluetooth mode as well as a USB one, so input lag's gonna be a big question until folks can get their hands on it...

Brooks wii u converter

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

attackmole posted:

I feel like a big chunk of the 'wah wah support Capcom" (aside from the obvious people with paid interests) comes from people who see Capcom releases as the only way to get mainstream popularity and are real thirsty for that. I mean obvious having more money in the industry is kind of nice, but at the end of the day I'm perfectly comfortable with FG's being a niche genre. Does having an extra thousand people slumming it in ranked really make a game better? Are non-Capcom fighters bleeding money? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think they are. As long as good games are out that I can get a match in, I'm gonna keep playing them. There's this obsession with "growing the scene." Why? I mean, having new people to play with is nice and you want the scene to sustain itself to the point where good new games keep getting released. But that's clearly already happening by the number of non-capcom games that are getting released and doing successful. Or it is for the last two years or so, anyways. FG's are basically pretty goddamn hard to play by definition. They're antithetical to pretty much every modern gaming trend. I don't think there's a magic audience of 100,000 people ready to join the scene if people just stop making GBS threads on Capcom/if Marvel or SF don't suck. You get temporary boosts from big releases, yeah, but as long as good games are out, the kind of weirdos who are into fighting games are gonna find their way to them somehow and take the plunge.

its probably because james chen wants to marry cammy

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...
Hey I've got a winning formula for capcom releases doing better on release:

Release a complete game.

This isn't an anti-DLC screed, but SF5 at release was in this weird place of not really pleasing the hard core crowd OR casual fans of the genre.

Between that and learning how to properly lure in players (making your game learnable as well as stuff that non-competitive players thrive on like DECENT STORY MODES). Oh, also at some point find a way to integrate and make GGPO work instead of spending the engineering resources and effort to make an inferior workalike.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Fayk posted:

Hey I've got a winning formula for capcom releases doing better on release:

Release a complete game.

This isn't an anti-DLC screed, but SF5 at release was in this weird place of not really pleasing the hard core crowd OR casual fans of the genre.

Between that and learning how to properly lure in players (making your game learnable as well as stuff that non-competitive players thrive on like DECENT STORY MODES). Oh, also at some point find a way to integrate and make GGPO work instead of spending the engineering resources and effort to make an inferior workalike.

the funniest thing is like tom cannon or w/e basically told capcom how to fix their rollback netcode and capcom didnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

anime was right posted:

its probably because james chen wants to marry cammy

You mean the character that can't be shown on cable TV in her default costume? #growingthescene