Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
According to reddit, the servers are better than ever after today's hotfix.

I picked the perfect time to be out of town all weekend :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

PantsBandit posted:

According to reddit, the servers are better than ever after today's hotfix.

I picked the perfect time to be out of town all weekend :negative:

Me too, me too. :smith:

jvilmi
May 29, 2004
After the hotfix it was ok for a while, but now it's laggy again

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014
FPP is great but it's so chock full of random infuriating bullshit like world's scale being completely off, or character movement inertia affecting your camera.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
It was pretty good for a little while, but now everytime I play there is a lot of "stutter" when someone runs close to me or I start shooting. It is very aggravating that a basic part of the game is sort-of not working very well.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The lag is generated by the swooshing of the miniskirts. The unreal physics engine was not built to handle cape, dress, or any other flowing garment. Each swoosh causes a memory leak until the servers become to laggy and have to be restarted. They are going to need to disable the pants clothing slot and yellow cars as a temporary workaround.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Did they make it easier to blow out tires from long distance or am I just good at making people spin out and flip their cars as a result?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

chesnok posted:

FPP is great but it's so chock full of random infuriating bullshit like world's scale being completely off, or character movement inertia affecting your camera.

the camera is so low when you're driving the boat you can't actually see directly in front of you, and I'm the weirdo who always tries to find a boat to reposition down the river

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The swamp area is so interesting and cool, but so tiny. I want a bayou map that's like 75% swamp that's filled with air boats.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

DrPlump posted:

The lag is generated by the swooshing of the miniskirts. The unreal physics engine was not built to handle cape, dress, or any other flowing garment. Each swoosh causes a memory leak until the servers become to laggy and have to be restarted. They are going to need to disable the pants clothing slot and yellow cars as a temporary workaround.

What about hair?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Nevvy Z posted:

What about hair?

Every battlegrounds contestant is provided with 17 ounces of regulation hardening hair-gel which must be applied in its totality before each match.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DrNutt posted:

The swamp area is so interesting and cool, but so tiny. I want a bayou map that's like 75% swamp that's filled with air boats.

Oh hell yeah

(I've actually never been to the swamp. My roomie seems to always end up there every game, somehow.)

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Nevvy Z posted:

What about hair?

Why do you think they left hats/helmets all over the map?

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
The swamp is where cool kids who want an early encounter but aren't looking for the all out melee of school/containers/chinki drop. It's always tense in the swamp. Also there can be good loots.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
hmmmm

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

GOTY

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lol

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Holy poo poo I had no idea Patches was in this game.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Where's the box with a stick holding it up?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

game shoulda been an fps from the get-go.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's a shotgun hanging from the ceiling and string tied to the door knob.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Only fair to reward that generosity with a frag grenade.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

1PP is hard. It's a whole different game. Anyone got any tips? Crawling inside a building is a death sentence every time it seems.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Snapes N Snapes posted:

1PP is hard. It's a whole different game. Anyone got any tips? Crawling inside a building is a death sentence every time it seems.

Speed. Violence. Momentum.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Loot at the start, then try killing people outside of buildings for further loot.

Also, people move eventually, if you can sneak up on a building and just sit outside and listen usually within 5 minutes someone inside will move if they are there. Also, peaking and entering through the right door can help.

I find it easier because people have to show themselves to see or shoot you in a way they don't have to in third person.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Snapes N Snapes posted:

If you can't make it in a house, become a bush.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

become a bush.

The only way to actually play this simulator.

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
According to these posts on the bug tracker forums if you have a GTX 770 with version 382.53 driver specifically the bushes are oddly semi-transparent allowing you to see a player in them.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Last night playing squads was an exercise in late night randomness, lag, and bad choices. After getting to the rock quarry, we were one guy down, with one of our better players going into a house and getting stuck there as another squad on the opposing ridge makes camp directly above him. Me and another guy start taking pot shots and telling him to either get out of the house and go after them or get to where we are while we provide cover and bid a retreat to the houses behind us to the north. Well he dies naturally, and we get back in our car low on ammo with the sneaking suspicion that we are getting flanked and or surrounded with all the noise we were making. Sure enough we start getting shot at as the car dies from lack of gas, I jump out thinking that well that's that. Teammate ditches me with the cold comfort of words on Discord, "You made choices." as I get riddled from all sides.

I don't think I could have laughed harder at 3 am sober than that time. We all are laughing our asses off, I'm coughing and trying to be quiet to not wake anyone up, he dies 30 seconds later. GOTY

Rememeber, You made choices

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Jiro posted:

Last night playing squads was an exercise in late night randomness, lag, and bad choices. After getting to the rock quarry, we were one guy down, with one of our better players going into a house and getting stuck there as another squad on the opposing ridge makes camp directly above him. Me and another guy start taking pot shots and telling him to either get out of the house and go after them or get to where we are while we provide cover and bid a retreat to the houses behind us to the north. Well he dies naturally, and we get back in our car low on ammo with the sneaking suspicion that we are getting flanked and or surrounded with all the noise we were making. Sure enough we start getting shot at as the car dies from lack of gas, I jump out thinking that well that's that. Teammate ditches me with the cold comfort of words on Discord, "You made choices." as I get riddled from all sides.

I don't think I could have laughed harder at 3 am sober than that time. We all are laughing our asses off, I'm coughing and trying to be quiet to not wake anyone up, he dies 30 seconds later. GOTY

Rememeber, You made choices

This game is so good. Random Quentin Tarentino movies outta nowhere.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Bush Chat: My brother again had a no kill solo Chicken Dinner, he has 2 wins in this game both with 0 kills. He has truly become the bush.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Popete posted:

The only way to actually play this simulator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9LlEIDJL08

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I have to imagine first person mode is going to make finding and situating yourself in the perfect bush much harder and that's terrifying.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

DrNutt posted:

This game is so good. Random Quentin Tarentino movies outta nowhere.

This is the perfect elevator pitch for this game

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Where we're going..we don't need eyes to see

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I like that one eye is smooth and the other is a disco ball.

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

Shima Honnou posted:

I like that one eye is smooth and the other is a disco ball.

It's weird that they use a cube map for the eyes but can't be bothered to do the same for the water, resulting in the awful artifacts when you block the sunset with the plane at the beginning of the game.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
wtf is the point of rendering everyone's teeth

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Uhhh... how else were you planning on making use of your berries dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
poo poo nm im dumb

• Locked thread