Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
stellaris woulda been the better choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

TheAgent posted:

stellaris woulda been the better choice

Already own, and play the poo poo out of Stellaris.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

ModernSociety posted:

So on recommendation of this thread and after further investigation, i have bought X3...

• X3
  • Three day weekend.
  • Large bottle of whiskey

Wish me luck.

Normal SC 3.0 developer crunch time recipe.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol, I present to you the saga of hairycoconut

quote:

You got your account banned notting got to do with me your account got banned so long after I sold it to you that ive sold every other account I was selling I dont even sell accounts anymore this is from another shop on another website notting got to do with this and how come your the only person with problems with the account no one else and I no all the **** you were saying behind my back I was told everything im not telling you his name so you can spread stuff about him aswell and I no how you changed your story about 2 or was it 3 times I am not wasting anymore time talking with you.

I will not solve an issue that has notting got to do with me. I sold the account to you and you had it for weeks maybe it go banned for threats like the ones you sent me?

Your started the insults maybe you should practice what you preach. I have ships there for sale if you are looking

I have never heard of half these sites, its getting weird with underground black markets and stolen accounts and bitcoin trades and naked pic trades and holy poo poo was a loving cesspit

this is what is supporting CIG

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

ModernSociety posted:

So on recommendation of this thread and after further investigation, i have bought X3...

• X3
  • Three day weekend.
  • Large bottle of whiskey

Wish me luck.

What X3 ? Or are we speaking "the whole of X3" ?

Good luck building your space manufacturing syndicate.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

This seems as good an opportunity to educate on the topic as I'll get, so I'll take it.  The ongoing narrative conflict has long been more nuanced than Cymelion gives it credit. Beer, for example, isn't a Troll, he's a Believer turned Heretic. When you see all disagreement as simply trolling of two flavors, high and low, you're missing valuable distinctions -- distinctions which can clarify one's understanding of the diverse ecosystem we're all a part of (him included.)

Allow me to explain in infographic:

Circulation is welcomed but credit isn't needed nor really even desired. It's not especially helpful since it biases so many unnecessarily. They might otherwise find it illuminating, which is the hope.

I'm definitely inching towards the Red Crew at this point.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
Path of exile just released 3.0 like an hour ago.

See? 3.0 was released and it looks amazing.

You stupid goonies didn't specify which game.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol

http://imgur.com/duuWgx3

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
seriously this is better than browsing r/incel

just fire up sc_trades and pick a username at random

jesus christ

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Baxta posted:

Path of exile just released 3.0 like an hour ago.

See? 3.0 was released and it looks amazing.

You stupid goonies didn't specify which game.

We would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that competent development team! :argh:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TheAgent posted:

lol, I present to you the saga of hairycoconut

I have never heard of half these sites, its getting weird with underground black markets and stolen accounts and bitcoin trades and naked pic trades and holy poo poo was a loving cesspit

this is what is supporting CIG

I can't believe there isn't a poo poo load more of stuff like this with the grey market trading. I'd expect stuff like this constantly. That it happens so rarely, it's almost like there's something suspicious about the grey market activity.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Light blue crew checking in

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

Mr.Tophat posted:

Just play the base game, it serves remarkably well. I don't have the DLC myself, but there's no need for it when you begin. I hear pretty good things about them however.

Stellaris is one of the more accessible x4 games out there. For your first race I recommend you select the trait, "Rapid Breeders," but ultimately just go with what seems fun to you.

Bofast posted:

Yes, it's quite good. You could always check out some of the videos from when Paradox streamed it, though, so you know a bit more what to expect.
They upload them here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadoxExtra/playlists

Warhawk109 posted:

Yes, make sure you try the Star Trek New Horizons mod if you like that sort of thing.

Ok, thanks guys, will check it out.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheAgent posted:

which led me down the dark hole of :nws: r/MGTOW :nms:

lol

Foo Diddley fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 4, 2017

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

Who is this anyway? Is this some random new hire you saw at twitter or should I recognize his name?

Toblakai fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 4, 2017

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Toblakai posted:

Who is this nice, young man? Is this some random new hire you saw at twitter or should I recognize his name?
dude tone it down a notch

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

TheAgent posted:

dude tone it down a notch

Sorry, corrected :(

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Daztek posted:

Perceived* :v:

HATER!!!

(Fixed anyway. I'd blame my aging eyes but it was just carelessness this time.)

TheAgent posted:

are you seriously giving out these jpgs for free? what's wrong with you

(also good work, I wonder where I fit in on that thing)

Thank you. I'm all about dem free PNGs, as noted in my July JPEG.

It's not really the full ecosystem, just the most populated. There are some additional species left off on both sides. So if you don't quite match you may be one.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Gorf Stealth Variant

The Gorf Stealth Variant is an info-graphic that punches above its weight.
Now available in limited quantities in cool black, black is the new white so open your wallets you god drat turbo nerd fuckwits

$250 NEW CASH ONLY

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

new newbie avatar guy has a really unfortunate head

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

boviscopophobic posted:

Apparently, I'm a mixture of Hater and Skeptic.

A skater? :rimshot:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

peter gabriel posted:

Gorf Stealth Variant

Now available in limited quantities in cool black, black is the new white so open your wallets you god drat turbo nerd fuckwits

$250 NEW CASH ONLY

Does this come with LTI?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

Gorf Stealth Variant

$250 NEW CASH ONLY

Ahem-

it is G0RF, with a zero. Furthermore...

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

TheAgent posted:

so I was like "wonder what kind of person is on r/starcitizen_trades and actually buying things" and this, no joke, was the first loving guy I clicked on

which led me down the dark hole of :nws: r/MGTOW :nms:

what the gently caress is MGTOW, you ask? Well, don't feel bad, I didn't know either

Men Going Their Own Way

sometimes I forget just how awful the majority of the people are that support this loving game

thanks for the reminder sc_trades

Of all the poo poo holes on Reddit MGTOW is one of the foulest. A bunch of self loathing edgelords, misogynists, and losers all telling each other that all their life's woes are the fault of those feeeemales who they totally don't care about, but somehow spend all their time posting about.

It's like a 7 year old going through the "girls are gross" phase somehow got supercharged with the hatred of a chapter of the KKK.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

. And who but the maniacs view every page of this thread without skipping? There's easily like 5,000 people occasionally checking up on this thread.
I bet there is some lurker shitizen reading every single post angrily.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lazrin posted:

what's your criteria for deciding they had plenty of money? and does that reconcile with plenty of time? for both triple a games? simultaneously?

i am assuming chris is paid very well. but as for just 'pocketing" money? don't be dense.

He is being paid too much since he hasn't actually delivered anything.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Toblakai posted:

Who is this anyway? Is this some random new hire you saw at twitter or should I recognize his name?

He was posted a little bit earlier in the thread, I don't know why or how he was noticed in the first place.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

boviscopophobic posted:

He was posted a little bit earlier in the thread, I don't know why or how he was noticed in the first place.

I suspect a hashtag was involved at some point.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Toblakai posted:

He's a totally random new hire that somehow got posted in the thread tweeting about being super happy starting his job on Star Citizen. Then on the first day he tweeted that things were "complicated".

That's all.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Pretty sure AP caught him in one of his usual Twitter doxxes.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

XK posted:

He's a totally random new hire that somehow got posted in the thread tweeting about being super happy starting his job on Star Citizen. Then on the first day he tweeted that things were "complicated".

That's all.

And yesterday apparently he's tweeting out that MMO's are hard, and that you shouldn't make them.

It's not a huge thing, it's just funny how quickly the tweets went from "oh joy, working for CIG" to "this is complicated and hard".

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

G0RF posted:

This seems as good an opportunity to educate on the topic as I'll get, so I'll take it.  The ongoing narrative conflict has long been more nuanced than Cymelion gives it credit. Beer, for example, isn't a Troll, he's a Believer turned Heretic. When you see all disagreement as simply trolling of two flavors, high and low, you're missing valuable distinctions -- distinctions which can clarify one's understanding of the diverse ecosystem we're all a part of (him included.)

Allow me to explain in infographic:

Circulation is welcomed but credit isn't needed nor really even desired. It's not especially helpful since it biases so many unnecessarily. They might otherwise find it illuminating, which is the hope.

This seems like it is missing "Gawkers"? Pretty sure the project is going to fail, not particularly interested in seeking out chances to criticize it. Enjoying the pageantry of the long slow collapse. Benefitting from the insider conversations about game development, scams, and such that accompanies the larger flow of conversation.

And then maybe also "NEED A WORD HERE": Backed the project, then largely forgot about it. Haven't given the project much thought one way or the other.

Though I guess neither of those groups are voices, particularly.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Drunk Theory posted:

And yesterday apparently he's tweeting out that MMO's are hard, and that you shouldn't make them.

It's not a huge thing, it's just funny how quickly the tweets went from "oh joy, working for CIG" to "this is complicated and hard".

Funny thing is it was probably amounting to filling out his W-4, health insurance poo poo, and the 40 page NDA agreement that soured him before they strapped him into an airplane chair within a room where the windows are barred.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

:five:

peter gabriel posted:

Gorf Stealth Variant

$250 NEW CASH ONLY

:five:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

doingitwrong posted:

This seems like it is missing "Gawkers"? Pretty sure the project is going to fail, not particularly interested in seeking out chances to criticize it. Enjoying the pageantry of the long slow collapse. Benefitting from the insider conversations about game development, scams, and such that accompanies the larger flow of conversation.

And then maybe also "NEED A WORD HERE": Backed the project, then largely forgot about it. Haven't given the project much thought one way or the other.

Though I guess neither of those groups are voices, particularly.
I'm on the opposite side of agnostic where I don't care about whether the game is good or not and I'm only here to laugh at all the idiots, be they Derek or Chris. The important part is to find a way to feel superior to the rest of the chart.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I'm just sad G0rf archered the layout of the old Milton-Bradley classic 'Simon'.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

thatguy posted:

I'm on the opposite side of agnostic where I don't care about whether the game is good or not and I'm only here to laugh at all the idiots, be they Derek or Chris. The important part is to find a way to feel superior to the rest of the chart.

Would that be the troll category? Like, I enjoy laughing at this poo poo, but I'm not going to go post on reddit about it. I guess if the game came out I would buy it to mess with people, so I'm putting myself in troll category. Just really low effort troll.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Drunk Theory posted:

Would that be the troll category? Like, I enjoy laughing at this poo poo, but I'm not going to go post on reddit about it. I guess if the game came out I would buy it to mess with people, so I'm putting myself in troll category. Just really low effort troll.
I don't care enough to fake or overreact to anything since there's plenty of hilarious stuff already so I don't think so. If the game came out I would totally be griefing the poo poo out of people though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

Gorf Stealth Variant

$250 NEW CASH ONLY

When this infographic is released it will only have one wedge, But I'll be happy to sell you the Inforgraphic : Hurricane, that does everything the original infographic was supposed to do, but for $500.