Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Shadowverse has the best meme decks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Could I get a critique of my Haven deck?

Sacred Plea x3
Heavenly Hound x3
Snow White x2
Hallowed Dogma x2
Blackened Scripture x3
Beasrcall Aria x2
Grimnir, War Cyclone X1 (would have more, but only own one)
Octobishop x2
Birdkeeping Desciple x3
Tribunal of Good and Evil x3
Radiance Angel X1
Ancient Lion Spirit X1
Winged Sentinel Garuda X1
Dual Flames x2
March Hare's Teatime X1 (would have more, but only own one)
Dark Jeanne X1
Judge of Retribution X1 (would have more, but only own one. Hard call between this or Priest of the Cudgel)
Themis' Decree x2
Curate x3
Lion of the Golden City X1
Odin X1
Heavenly Aegis x1 (would have more, but only own one)

Thoughts? I used to use Lucifer for the constant healing, is Snow White still good enough? I used to run the Test of Strength/Aegis combo, but it seems like ToS doesn't affect Aegis? Acolyte's Light was another card that was in my deck for a long time, but I replaced it because it felt too slow against all the rush decks around right now.

Valicious fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 3, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Valicious posted:

Could I get a critique of my Haven deck?

Sacred Plea x3
Heavenly Hound x3
Snow White x2
Hallowed Dogma x2
Blackened Scripture x3
Beasrcall Aria x2
Grimnir, War Cyclone X1 (would have more, but only own one)
Octobishop x2
Birdkeeping Desciple x3
Tribunal of Good and Evil x3
Radiance Angel X1
Ancient Lion Spirit X1
Winged Sentinel Garuda X1
Dual Flames x2
March Hare's Teatime X1 (would have more, but only own one)
Dark Jeanne X1
Judge of Retribution X1 (would have more, but only own one. Hard call between this or Priest of the Cudgel)
Themis' Decree x2
Curate x3
Lion of the Golden City X1
Odin X1
Heavenly Aegis x1 (would have more, but only own one)

Thoughts? I used to use Lucifer for the constant healing, is Snow White still good enough? I used to run the Test of Strength/Aegis combo, but it seems like ToS doesn't affect Aegis? Acolyte's Light was another card that was in my deck for a long time, but I replaced it because it felt too slow against all the rush decks around right now.

That deck is kind of "these are the haven cards I have". Decide which are the cards that you like the most, then add three copies of each if they are like 4 mana or less and 2 copies if they are more than 5 or really important. The exception are legendaries because those are expensive, start with cheaper cards like tea time (it's a silver! it's great, no reason not to have at least 2). You have ten one-ofs in the deck, try to reduce that.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 3, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Idk one-offs are underrated imo (dark jean and 4/5 ALS are good one-ofs). The others yeah, maybe, though Judge is ok for it as would be iron maiden.

The issue with that deck is that it's not clear what stage of the game it's supposed to win in. The plan looks like to hope you draw your sacred pleas then just hope the opponent runs out of cards but with cat, rabbit ear attendant, and other BS you sort of have to assume that opponents will never fatigue these days.

That deck actually looks more like it wants to be a seraph deck but realistically you could take it in the aegis, seraph, or storm direction if you want (choose one! or two!)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I run one-of dance of death in Daria, but that's kind of a "there are only 36 good cards for this archetype" kind of situation

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

One-of DoD has been a staple of tempo decks without broken single target removal (which is now only forest and rune, shadow too i guess if you're not running necros).

It's actually exactly the card I was thinking of when defending the one-off...

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Levi and piercing rune are pretty good single-target removal in rune. DoD can have its place alongside good cards, rather than just because you don't have good cards in your class.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
So in weird tie ins, Cygames is running a promotion with an Italian soccer team. They're giving out free packs, and the game has been recently localized into Italian, but it doesn't seem like there is much overlap between the two fanbases.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
...why is Juventus being sponsored by the titty anime card game? To be fair, the "overlap" between anything and soccer in the world tends to be "were you born outside North America and enjoy things" so it makes as much sense as anything else.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So this is the first day I've played since the patch and I got the win 7 games mission... bleh.

Anyways, at the bottom of master Neph is doing pretty well for me. Went 7-1 with the deck (the games take a long-rear end time tho) and managed to face a couple of nice gimmick decks. Ursula (queen of the dread sea) dragon is the most telegraphed poo poo ever, killing her and then ploping a khawy (twice!) was all it took for the dragon to concede. I also fought a wallet forest who didn't play lily -big loving mistake- that was another concede. Good times.

I guess it's time to enjoy the clown fiesta until the new polished decks get posted online and everybody jumps into the bandwagon.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what did they drop with the queen? in dragon she is only good for like genesis zeus lethal or dropping poly with something else

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

what did they drop with the queen? in dragon she is only good for like genesis zeus lethal or dropping poly with something else

Genesis dragon and Arriet shenanigans. It is a good combo.

I also faced a wyrm waifu of the skies deck so I got an idea and made a mega-gimmick wyrm/ursula deck. Drop the wyrm waifu on 9, get her killed, then the queen plus genesis plus arriet on 10. That's 28 face damage from the genesis dragon. (It hasn't worked yet)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 4, 2017

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Does my test of strength affect my heavenly Aegis?

Valicious fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Aug 4, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no it wont get ward

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Valicious posted:

Does my <anything> affect my heavenly Aegis?

no

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
elana's and epheral moon
:goonsay:

So after trouncing a few aggro decks and midrange shadow decks but running into a lot of slow decks primed to outrace aegis (seraph, polyphonic roar dragon), I've decided to go in on Dshift. I'm probably not remotely the first on saying this but Dshift feels like it's in a really good place now and I think the worst card in my deck is probably the one-of Merlin that I'm going to cut soon.

Been making a pretty steady climb with Dshift and now I wanna try the Oz-Caprice list. I tried the list with Swords but I think Destroyers are still the best overall.

This is the pretty cookie cutter Dshift list I've been running but I'm considering tweaking some numbers. Golem Assault and Fire Chain are cards I'm not too sure about but I actually kinda like Golem Assault since I can use it to pad spellboost count against other slow decks that aren't giving me cards to remove.

Maybe the enchanted blade package is a bit more powerful but I don't think I was playing it right so I didn't like it. For other tech I've also seen some jp lists run rite of exorcism to get rid of pesky 3-drops that kaleidoscopic glow won't hit.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Aug 4, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

please dont play dshift

dont be that guy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
D shift is cool actually

spellboost is cool in all its forms

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

please dont play dshift

dont be that guy

If people are playing ramp dragon, aegis, seraph, and nephthys, I'm going to shift.

Plus you get to play cool topdecks sequences like this one (not as cool as the Taiwan event one but gently caress the sword version of the deck) :

https://gfycat.com/LimpingFeminineGazelle

I needed a playable spell that cost 2 or less or I lost from that hand

Zoness fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Aug 4, 2017

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Zoness posted:

If people are playing ramp dragon, aegis, seraph, and nephthys, I'm going to shift.

Yes good, join the dark side :unsmigghh:

I've seen some people running Witchbolt, since it can kill off some priority midgame threats, and it's not too hard to draw an extra card when you've got the best 2 mana evolve in the game.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I don't like witch bolt because a lot of the time I don't event want to play it with the evolve, although I admittedly don't mulligan for Levi often enough in the first place, and usually when your hand is that full you're probably winning anyway. It's probably the same reason that people run rite of exorcism.

But it might shore up my aggro matchup.

Also after playing Aegis Haven (since I just needed one more copy of Aegis to build one variant after playing mostly Storm last month) I find that dshift is just more fun and I'm ok with a tougher aggro matchup.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Aug 4, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
D Shift is one of those decks where it just isn't any fun for the opponent to play against, like Aegis stall haven and basically any dragon deck. You villain

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Meanwhile i've won 7 dang games in a row with this

Swordcraft

3x Maid Leader
3x bladed hedgehog
2x whole souled swing
3x shield of flame
3x young ogrehunter momo
2x art of the ninja
2x Jeno, levin vanguard
2x Gawain
3x Albert
3x Luminous Mage
3x White Ridge Swordsman
2x Card knights
1x Tsubaki
2x Alwida's
2x Roland
2x Fangblade
2x Hero of Antiquity

I guess it's a pretty expensive deck. Hero of Antiquity looks at Haven and just laughs, forever.

E; Yeah it's like 46000 vials haha

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I went up to two blessings of light in my aegis list to deal with things like Mordecai, Dark Alice, and Hero of Antiquity :twisted:

Also I don't think people have fun being pecked to death by Garuda over 3 turns by Storm either maybe I'm just a bully.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Storm is fine, as it leaves room for the other play to interact with you. When I'm playing into storm I can favour things like white ridge and card knights on turn 5 instead of my other choices, I'm also often forced to choose which of your followers needs to die, and I need to determine when I shift from defense into offense. Against something like Dshift or Aegis stall, the game often feels decided purely by card draws.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Jimmy Hats posted:

Storm is fine, as it leaves room for the other play to interact with you. When I'm playing into storm I can favour things like white ridge and card knights on turn 5 instead of my other choices, I'm also often forced to choose which of your followers needs to die, and I need to determine when I shift from defense into offense. Against something like Dshift or Aegis stall, the game often feels decided purely by card draws.

"Did they draw the nuts stall hand?" "Are they playing havenanswers.dec?" If yes, you don't really have much counterplay to what they can do and you just lose.

Edit: What's a good aggro/midrange deck to use in the current meta that isn't Shadow Midrange. I've played enough of that deck last expansion.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Blood still has some really good midrange cards. I've been finding Squall Lancer to be a huge boon these days when I'm running blood: she clears boards like little else.

I've been running the following, which honestly skews a bit towards the end game, but I'm sure you could adapt it to be more of a board presence thing.

3x razory
2x limil's
3x hungering horde
2x disagreeable demon
2x laura
2x blood moon
3x dark general
3x righteous devil
3x belphegor
2x big knuckle
2x squall lancer
2x scarlet
3x diabolic drain
2x soul dominator
3x emeralda
3x revelation

I also saw a pretty cool Officers sword deck that gets a lot of mileage out of Lecia but I don't have the full list.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

2x bkb :psyduck:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The other 4 drops are all better, and squall lancer and scarlet are better once turn 5 comes around

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Freakin doubt it but I know how blood players are about their righteous devils

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

Blood still has some really good midrange cards. I've been finding Squall Lancer to be a huge boon these days when I'm running blood: she clears boards like little else.

I've been running the following, which honestly skews a bit towards the end game, but I'm sure you could adapt it to be more of a board presence thing.

3x razory
2x limil's
3x hungering horde
2x disagreeable demon
2x laura
2x blood moon
3x dark general
3x righteous devil
3x belphegor
2x big knuckle
2x squall lancer
2x scarlet
3x diabolic drain
2x soul dominator
3x emeralda
3x revelation

I also saw a pretty cool Officers sword deck that gets a lot of mileage out of Lecia but I don't have the full list.

At what rank are you winning games with this?

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

Then why are Test of Strength Aegis decks a thing?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Valicious posted:

Then why are Test of Strength Aegis decks a thing?

Test of Strength used to have different text which did work with Aegis (it forced followers to attack followers rather than face, rather than giving anything ward). The lists you're looking at are probably pre-nerf.

e: if test of strength aegis is still a thing, it's despite test of strength not working with aegis

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

trucutru posted:

At what rank are you winning games with this?

A3. Frequently get matched against people in the AA ranks.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Why would you not just play vengeance blood is the real question imo, you can drop all the garbage cards for good ones and just have a better deck.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

everyone should play dshift, it's the best deck

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Indecisive posted:

everyone should play dshift, it's the best deck

second best

daria is still best deck

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Zoness posted:

Why would you not just play vengeance blood is the real question imo, you can drop all the garbage cards for good ones and just have a better deck.

Because my deck beats vengeance blood, and plays better into the other decks I'm seeing played right now

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zoness posted:

He runs Belph and blood moon, that's vengeance blood. An unorthodox version but it is vengeance blood. If he's having fun and winning at his current rank then it's a-ok.

Like, my ledger deck gets plenty of wins because people don't know what to expect and it is a lovely deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

He runs Belph and blood moon, that's vengeance blood. An unorthodox version but it is vengeance blood. If he's having fun and winning at his current rank then it's a-ok.

Like, my ledger deck gets plenty of wins because people don't know what to expect and it is a lovely deck.

I mean I play a standard vengeance blood and I have never thought "man I really want a blood moon right now" :shrug:

Especially not when you could be playing more Disagreeable Demon.

• Locked thread