Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_end
May 17, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

Even if he's in uni it's pretty creepy imo, however here is some SF classic to make up for that sub-standard post

This is why i own several pairs of ice cleats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Reddit users take over white power subreddits to discuss laundry, weather, and more

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Even if he's in uni it's pretty creepy imo, however here is some SF classic to make up for that sub-standard post

This is terrifying. I fell completely handlessly a few winters ago and would probably have hosed up the back of my head if I hadn't had a soft bag full of clothes on my back.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

quote:

Just this week, Urquhart got control of r/Faggots_must_die. She’s going to turn it into an anti-smoking subreddit.
:allears:

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

:discourse:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Krispy Kareem posted:

Definitely clickbait, although teachers can get into stupid trouble on social media. They pretty much have to lock everything down in super private mode.

As someone looking at Education as a career, I'm pretty comfortable with the idea that people who have been documented sexually harassing people much younger than them should not also be in a classroom with people that same age, even in cases where it's not explicitly illegal like college students.

Mofette
Jan 9, 2004

Hey you! It's the sound, in your head goes round and round

https://twitter.com/itssavannahxox/status/893259253644836867

Wholesome, non-pain involved freude

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

yeah boy

https://twitter.com/AP/status/893542307948920832

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

3 of 8 counts, maximum sentence of 20 years

Awwww yeah

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Zaphod42 posted:

Awwww yeah

Please tell me the courts will seize Once Upon a Time in Shaolin as restitution.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
is he still rocking that smug loving smile of his

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Zaphod42 posted:

Awwww yeah

Trump is going to pardon and hire him.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

KingSlime posted:

is he still rocking that smug loving smile of his

There's no way it didn't hurt his chances. He didn't even try to play like an appealing person caught in an unreasonable situation, he just told everybody to go gently caress themselves.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

There's no way it didn't hurt his chances. He didn't even try to play like an appealing person caught in an unreasonable situation, he just told everybody to go gently caress themselves.

for being loaded he must have had poo poo attorneys or was truly supremely up his own rear end in a top hat, appealing to basic human decency is like Being A Defendant Who Wants To Avoid A Conviction 101

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

https://twitter.com/jamesharveytm/status/893323832295137280

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

KingSlime posted:

for being loaded he must have had poo poo attorneys or was truly supremely up his own rear end in a top hat, appealing to basic human decency is like Being A Defendant Who Wants To Avoid A Conviction 101

I always figure the whole "dress up nicely, get a haircut, and act nice" is a dumb strategy in the courtroom but then someone goes and proves at least it can't hurt.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Thwomp posted:

I always figure the whole "dress up nicely, get a haircut, and act nice" is a dumb strategy in the courtroom but then someone goes and proves at least it can't hurt.

oh absolutely, especially because intent and willing, active malice can play such a huge role in determining culpability

it goes without saying but nebulous claims of I didn't do nuffin and my client is a respectable American patriot!! start going out the window real quick when you're flashing a poo poo-eating grin at everyone in that courtroom

loving those courtoom sketches though

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Thwomp posted:

I now want to see him floor it and go Bender from Breakfast Club at his sentencing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTeYncx1xmI&t=97s

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Zaphod42 posted:

Awwww yeah

:v: :thermidor:

:colbert:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I hope he's sentenced to being set on fire.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Thwomp posted:

Thing is if everybody does that it doesn't really help, people come to expect it, but then if you are the one person who doesn't you stick out like a sore thumb and it really hurts.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I have to disagree, you slightly underestimate the social and psychological effects of someone dressed well and speaking in a way that helps you relate to them/their plight

we are largely emotionally and visually driven apes afters all

but yeah people who don't conform to the "be on your best look" definitely stand out much more largely due to everyone being in the loop

disclaimer: is not a courtroom professional or authority

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
I've been to the courtroom a lot of times and no, not everyone does it. In fact a surprising amount do not. Dressing nice and being nice really helps.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Apparently in a murder case distantly related to me (brother in law's mother in law killed a man) they dressed her up so nicely with new hair and make up the witnesses could not identify her in the courtroom.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The top-right one is fantastic.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

https://twitter.com/Sccaramucci/status/893542694726664194

aww... it's a fake account

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Grem posted:

I've been to the courtroom a lot of times and no, not everyone does it. In fact a surprising amount do not. Dressing nice and being nice really helps.

Yeah, there's a reason you don't want to wear an orange jumpsuit in front of a jury.

Dressing good definitely helps. Being a pretty White girl though, that's tops.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

marshmallow creep posted:

Apparently in a murder case distantly related to me (brother in law's mother in law killed a man) they dressed her up so nicely with new hair and make up the witnesses could not identify her in the courtroom.

Wow, they do the whole "And Mr./Mrs. Witness, can you point out the person you saw doing the murder in this courtroom today?" and they were like "gee i dunno"?

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mierenneuker posted:

The top-right one is fantastic.

Kinda looks like Gollum wearing a cheap toupee.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Tony Snark posted:

Kinda looks like Gollum wearing a cheap toupee.

Colbert made the same joke lol (not calling you out, just agreeing he really looks like Gollum there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_V7N1oAu00&t=95s

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Hopefully he gets shanked trying to screw someone over in prison.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I almost wonder if he doesn't have a disability of some kind. It seems so permanently plastered on his face,and he doesn't blink. Maybe he's just broke brained.

He can still get hosed for doing what literally every pharmaceutical company does. I don't care about his securities fraud.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

It doesn't matter though. The system as a whole is hosed up & as many others have pointed out, he's pretty much only being punished for loving over rich white dudes.

Anyone else can do the same thing and probably someone will sooner or later.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/08/04/martin-shkreli-jury-enters-fifth-day-of-deliberations/

quote:

“We’re delighted in many ways,” Shkreli said later outside the courtroom, saying he was glad to be exonerated on other charges he considered more serious.

“This was a witch hunt of epic proportions,” he said. “Maybe they found one or two broomsticks, but at the end of the day we were acquitted of the most important charges in this case.”

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Powaqoatse posted:

Wow, they do the whole "And Mr./Mrs. Witness, can you point out the person you saw doing the murder in this courtroom today?" and they were like "gee i dunno"?

My understanding is most of the people involved in this case are not very bright, but I gratefully have little to do with them personally, so I can't say with certainty.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

I almost wonder if he doesn't have a disability of some kind. It seems so permanently plastered on his face,and he doesn't blink. Maybe he's just broke brained.

Wealth is a disease.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
Not to rain on your parade, but where is the trail for that EpiPen woman? Shrekli was just too visible and a dumbass. The other one is just evil.

Mr Shiny Pants has a new favorite as of 22:46 on Aug 4, 2017

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

Not to rain on your parade, but where is the trail for that EpiPen woman? Shrekli was just to visible and a dumbass. The other one is just evil.

IIRC she also has a father who's a senator, I'm sure that helps.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

Scruff McGruff posted:

IIRC she also has a father who's a senator, I'm sure that helps.

Ah, so the schadenfreude is on us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

marshmallow creep posted:

Am I being incredibly stupid or wouldn't the Mother in Law of your Brother in Law be your own Mother?