Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Imma Tigerperson this time. We don't hug, but we do play with our prey food :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

my next build will be a yeti named lennie who fights entirely by hugging people hard enough to break their spines

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Consoling: 14 (Grand Master)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Lennie will be no match for Huggs who will be a Grandmaster Friendzonee.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, I missed a thing.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The Shaver of Beards has been tweaked a little and is now operational. May as well do something with those leftover points I had.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Spermy Smurf posted:

I think I'm done screwing with my build.

I cant decide on a better weapon or more skill. Waffling back and forth on that. Teammates: Tell me what to do.

Maybe buy a shield, if you have time

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

I have renamed my character and changed its race so that there's a the suggestion of a pun that doesn't actually exist and now I'm not even sure if I'm doing the right thing oh god what's going on

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The first rule of Dorfarena is go with your gut. The second rule is to drink heavy to ensure you are living the dorf ideal.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

habituallyred posted:

Maybe buy a shield, if you have time

Check your email.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Coward posted:

I have renamed my character and changed its race so that there's a the suggestion of a pun that doesn't actually exist and now I'm not even sure if I'm doing the right thing oh god what's going on

Looks fine to me. Welcome aboard!

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator

Spermy Smurf posted:

Check your email.

I've messed with my dude a bit, give him a shot if you want.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Well, everyone looks like they've got their fighters updated, and... it is the weekend.

:siren: Get your bets in, get your tests in. Unless someone tells me not to, this is go time some time tomorrow. :siren:

The first fight will be either Three Strong Women & Frick vs Totally not everyone throwing spear or Projectile Vomit vs Morning Routine. Because I like the gimmicks of the first crew and the latter have the names that appeal to me.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i spent a whole 3 minutes on fricks build

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

I was gone for like one day.

Dang.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ramc posted:

I was gone for like one day.

Dang.

:smith: I knew I should have done 5 teams per division instead of 4.

Side note: That would have also allowed me to show off a cool feature of the scheduling algorithm I wrote for the site -- when there are an odd number of teams n in the round-robin, the regular season will last for n rounds, and each team will get one "bye" week where they are not scheduled to fight. The site generates this schedule automatically. Yeah, I'm awesome. :smug:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ok I'm awake now so let's get this started

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oh yeah don't we have like 4 new commish guys?

Bust this out in a week.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Wait, are we going to march madness this? :pusheen:

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
I've changed my build a few times, looking forward to see if I can be as ineffective as I hope.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Spermy Smurf posted:

Bust this out in a week.

Added Space did an excellent job last time, but he hasn't been seen on the forums for a couple of weeks. :smith:

Any new volunteers for a commissioner spot?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Bust this out in a week.

I don't see you doing any work around here. :colbert:

(I'm workin' on it!)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I didn't do any work on the last one either. I am trying to coast through the next five tournaments.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Been busy volunteering this summer. May get around to helping next week.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
:siren: Round 1, Fight 2 :siren:

Three Strong Women & Frick is on the left side of the arena.
Deep AI Generated Kobold (jon joe) is a female kobold. She wields an iron pick and wears no armor.
NotTheEuphrates (Fuubi) is a female tigerman. She wields a bronze pilum and wears a copper cap.
Frick (Tiler Kiwi) is a male kobold. He wields a copper pilum and wears no armor.
Daisy (Verbal Enema) is a female werewolf. She wields a silver war hammer and wears an iron helm and an iron mail shirt.

Totally not everyone throwing spear is on the right side of the arena.
Hurly (Spermy Smurf) is a female strangler. She wields an iron pilum and wears no armor.
Punching Bag (Galick) is a male troll. He is empty handed and wears an iron helm, two iron mail shirts, an iron breast plate, iron leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Ihadtoknow (habituallyred) is a female soldier ant woman. She wields two iron throwing axes and wears no armor.
Bling swing (Selious) is a male minotaur. He wields two silver bucklers and wears no armor.

Totally not everyone throwing spear is a 1.48 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 4000.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 2700.00 dwarfbucks for Three Strong Women & Frick.

Well. Half of each team has throwing weapons. The other half consists of... a naked kobold with a pick and a hammerwolf on one side, versus an empty handed troll in iron and a minotaur holding two little bucklers. I'm glad to see we're embracing the love of weird builds.

Oh, and Ihadtoknow there is attempting to answer a question we all could have learned at home, because I'm running this on the same game that Jazz made available to everyone: can you stack throwing weapons and have extra rounds of shots if you have the hands to do so? Asking the thread could also have informed habituallyred.

I know the answer, and probably a lot of you do, too. For the rest, let's sound the starting bell and see what happens.

Totally's weapons stack up. They're closing in on Three, where Three have their fire spread out a bit more. They strike! Hurly's javelin pierces Frick's spleen. Punching Bag completely no-sells Frick's javelin. Ihad's axe nearly rips apart Euphrates's heart. Hurly takes a shot through his intestines. A fairly even outcome, on the whole.

Punching Bag is in no hurry. The other melee warriors are already out in the middle of the arena. Deep AI swings at Bling, and Bling loses one of his shields, as well as pretty much all use of his right arm. Daisy does the same to poor Bling's foot.

Euphrates is quick on the draw, and his second javelin comes out at this point. He misses. Ihad is second, and her other thrown axe arcs out. Yes, that does work. She misses. Hurly is third. It misses the melee. As it is still flying, Frick throws his second javelin. That's all the ranged shots! Oh, Hurly missed. Frick... does not. His secod javelin rips a chunk out of Bling's thigh. Poor Bling. Money doesn't buy you medical care, I guess. Deep AI chops off the minotaur's other hand. So much for that idea.

So, at this point, Bling is in bad shape, with two of the enemy immediately adjacent and a third just a step away. His support is just barely behind him, but Punching Bag is in no hurry. Behind these six, the slowest of the ranged support is still far from the fray.

General melee descends. Ihad hacks at Deep AI, but not before Deep AI chops open Bling's belly like some horrible sacrifical ritual. Daisy tries a hammer blow there, but there's not much left for a hammer to damage. Euphrates swings his pilum like a baseball bat and breaks Bling's humerus. Finally, Bling gives up and gives in. Much brutal head-smashing ensues. Ihad continues to menace Deep AI, knocking the kobold back, stunned, and removing her weapon hand.

So far, no one has died, and both sides have a warrior just about out of commission: it's anyone's game!

Ihad finds Deep AI biting her hand, and Daisy gives her a punishing kick, as well. Three has been playing as a team. Daisy tries to wrestle one of the axes away from the dervish Ihad, but fails to grip well enough. Punching Bag finally acts, biting Daisy in the torso. Daisy, enraged, stabs back, and Punching Bag loses a tusk.

Ihad finally begins to wear down. Deep AI is kicking her, and Daisy has injured her as well. Deep AI is hardly in any better shape. The much-hacked kobold looks weak to me.

Oh, Hurly just vomited again. I can't deny she's living up to her name. She's been slowed down a lot by that first injury she took. Back to Ihad. Bad luck between kobold teeth and Daisy's hammer has cost her the use of both of her axes, which have dropped to the floor as her hands became unable to hold onto them.

The away team is getting ground down.

It's a confused mess, but no one has died, and all concerns of tactics are degenerating into a huge furball. Daisy sees Hurly trying to hurl again, so she tackles the strangler, then stabs her repeatedly, taking chunks off one of her arms as she stands up again. Before Hurly can compose herself, Euphrates comes at her again and stabs her foot off.

Very slowly, as is his wont, Punching Bag begins to get the better of Euphrates. While the troll is not dealing much damage, he's taking less, thanks to his huge armor.

Eventually, we get our first death. Frick, who has been trying very hard without interruption, has finally managed to stab through Bling's skull, and the minotaur is slain.

Team Totally is being pushed back. Hurly continues to suffer at Euphrates's hands. And as for Ihad, I'm amazed she's not yet fainted or bled out.

Hurly is the next casualty. Death by a thousand cuts has finally caused blood loss. Ihad suffers more and more and more. Three of her foes surround her, now, while Punching Bag keeps punching Euphrates. Eventually, Ihad is slain, when Deep AI kicks her brain in.

That leaves only Punching Bag by himself, but the troll seems insensate to the loss of his teammates. His foes have suffered significantly, and he has both healing and armor, not to mention a surprising stamina. He's having a marvelous time, still barely injured.

That will change, it seems. Daisy has a hammer, which can injure even through armor. So much for his invincibility. As he falls to the floor with a broken ankle, it's like a spell has been broken. He suffers multiple compound broken bones, and his lack of offensive power means he's at the end of his rope. He can't even reasonably fish for a lucky one-shot kill to turn this around.

There goes his other tusk. His best hope at this point is that all his foes will collapse from exhaustion before he gets too injured to fight back, which is unlikely, to put it mildly. Oh, there go his teeth now. Will Punching Bag's armor give out before his flesh? He passes out from exhaustion himself. Can he recuperate in time? Frick, ever the clever one, pulls his helmet off. Euphrates stabs him to death.

Kills
Deep AI Generated Kobold: 1
NotTheEuphrates: 2
Frick: 1

Combat Log

ZeeToo fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 6, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Rerun it you cheating rear end in a top hat.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hell yeah I did stuff maybe even a lot

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also just lol at the minotaur

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Neat, an even kill spread!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Rerun it you cheating rear end in a top hat.

You guys did get super unlucky with, like, everything.

verbal enema posted:

Hell yeah I did stuff maybe even a lot

AJ_Impy posted:

Neat, an even kill spread!

Yeah, about that... I listed one kill for the wrong fighter. Fixed now.

sorry

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hey wtf this is BS!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

verbal enema posted:

Hey wtf this is BS!

That's what I said.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Spermy Smurf posted:

That's what I said.

No you guys lost so you can't complain I'm upset that history won't remember me with a point just me smashing people's bones to bits

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
Poor bling wagered poorly on shield skill and double shields, and ran quickly to his death. There is exactly one blocked attack in that whole log.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I also realized I forgot to bet

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Selious posted:

Poor bling wagered poorly on shield skill and double shields, and ran quickly to his death. There is exactly one blocked attack in that whole log.

Well to be fair you are a 9 foot tall hulk holding a normal sized dinner plate on his forearm. There is a lot of body to cover.

But yeah, if I didn't get a spear to the gut immediately and you blocked two or dodged a bit then it would have been a different story.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i can't search for my own characters name in the combat log :argh:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I just did that and not a single thing hit my wolflady

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i can't search for my own characters name in the combat log :argh:

Try adding a single space to the end of your name and it finds all 48 instances perfectly fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
We just need to buy bling swing some lead boots before the next match and we have this. I get into the mix not long after Punching Bag does. Hurly has a note from her doctor, she was excused.

I can't even be mad about that Kobold beating me. Her response to losing both of her arms was to turn to kickboxing and biting me to death.

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 6, 2017