Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

TwoPair posted:

Hold up a sec. Say what?

I think he is referring to Alexander Luther as president lex surprise kissing Amanda Waller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
It was President Lex Luthor (who was Regular Lex Luthor) just sort of randomly grabbing his Secretary of Metahuman Affairs and kissing her in the middle of a debriefing. Because it's written by Jeph Loeb. And Luthor's like freebasing synthetic Kryptonite steroids or something and has gone CRAZY. It was definitely real Luthor though, because he was Power Suit Luthor full of green eyes and Steroid Madness. Alexander Luthor was Versace Luthor, suavely recruiting supervillains to a society while having blue eyes because changing eye color is not possible when disguising yourself as another person in the DC universe.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lol who would ever be attracted to a fat lady. Can you imagine Lex Luthor just forcefully kissing a fat black lady? This will be so hilarious - Jeff Loeb

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 3, 2017

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
The stupidest thing was that Alexander isn't just a 1 to 1 Lex Luthor like Infinite Crisis and its lead up poses. He's the son of Lex and Lois from Earth 3. He should have been pretending to be Lois.

Nessus posted:

Didn't Plastic Man say "It's like that's his power now" or some similar sentiment?
It was part of the gritty narration to Baker's last issue of Plastic Man. It's Batman narrating.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/893094562440327168

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

I think he is referring to Alexander Luther as president lex surprise kissing Amanda Waller.

It was very weird.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lex actually entering a romantic relationship with Amanda Waller based on respect of her abilities and mind, where she is skeptical of him but giving him a shot, and he's trying his best to be a good boyfriend for once, would be kicking rad. They would make a legit cool couple and it's a shame that was relegated to a joke about how crazy he was.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Waller is too good for Lex

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Roth posted:

Waller is too good for Lex

That's why he wants to be a better man, he knows it

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Lex doesn't need Waller though, he's got the perfect girlfriend: a fuckbot of Lois Lane.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I'm pretty sure the entire superhero community would be utterly hosed if Lex and Amanda legitimately joined forces. The Justice League animated series had something to this extent during it first Unlimited season.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Excuse me, Lex Luthor is a good guy now. Friends with Superman even.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

TwoPair posted:

Lex doesn't need Waller though, he's got the perfect girlfriend: a fuckbot of Lois Lane.

Christ I forgot about that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

One of the Dark Batmans is an evil Thomas The Tank Engine? Sold.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want Bane to suplex it

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I want Bane to suplex it

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yes that was the reference, thanks

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well Dark Nights continues to cartwheel on the line between completely incomprehensible and intriguingly bonkers.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Lol who would ever be attracted to a fat lady. Can you imagine Lex Luthor just forcefully kissing a fat black lady? This will be so hilarious - Jeff Loeb
Uh excuse meh but I'll have you know it was later revealed that Lex only did that 'cuz Alex Luthor from Earth-3's presence was messing with Lex's brainwaves!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I don't know what it is about Dark Nights, but I'm finding it super intriguing despite the sensible part of me thinking it's ridiculous. Look at that, I'm loving sold even though I'm also thinking that I shouldn't be sold at all.

I don't know why, but I find myself really liking the weird armour style of these evil Batmen.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I love the way Aquaman's climbing it because I don't know what he exactly plans to do once he's up there. I'm up for evil Bat-Tank buffoonery.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It this train is powered by steam, there's a chance I can talk to it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Wait, was there another Death of Batman I missed and we're getting an EVIL Steel here?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Crabtree posted:

Wait, was there another Death of Batman I missed and we're getting an EVIL Steel here?

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/06/16/dc-hints-at-evil-versions-of-batman-for-dark-nights-metal-one-shots

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bizarro :smith:

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

It is still bizzare (hurr) to me that a Red Hood series of all places is where I wound up reading one of the best done tragedies in comics this year.
Like, even forgiving the art which... isn't always good, the character writing is excellent.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Is there a Bizarro style clone of Cyborg, and if not can we make one and name him Cy Clone

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

purple death ray posted:

Is there a Bizarro style clone of Cyborg, and if not can we make one and name him Cy Clone

His name is Grid I believe!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ImpAtom posted:

His name is Grid I believe!

Well that's not very funny.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I think Grid was just evil Earth-3 Cyborg.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

CapnAndy posted:

I think Grid was just evil Earth-3 Cyborg.

Actually Grid originated on Earth-1 or Earth Prime or whatever the gently caress it's called now. He's a program that gained sentience and then communicated with Atomica and agreed to join the Crime Syndicate.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

So like Lex Luthor was feeding his Superman clones the memories of the real Superman including his secret identity and stuff?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

https://twitter.com/Jawiin/status/893523716843360256

Okay, now I want a copy of this.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Bizarro is what happens when you get bored and replace the people in your clones' implanted memories with Funko Pops.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I want a copy of whatever comic he read. Mine had original material on less than half the pages, with the rest direct copy-pastes from Wikipedia.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Mine had Lois and Clark stumble upon and intrude on a group of people having a picnic remembering their ancestor who fought in the Civil War and then that night Superman dredges a river and finds a skeleton and dumps it into their porch, claiming it's their ancestor. Superman dredging and dumping corpses is shown to be a heartfelt act of kindness, not the terrifying whim of a demigod.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Edge & Christian posted:

Mine had Lois and Clark stumble upon and intrude on a group of people having a picnic remembering their ancestor who fought in the Civil War and then that night Superman dredges a river and finds a skeleton and dumps it into their porch, claiming it's their ancestor. Superman dredging and dumping corpses is shown to be a heartfelt act of kindness, not the terrifying whim of a demigod.
Mine had that too, except he also left all the other skeletons there to rot, and then claims to have run an overnight DNA test on the skeleton, which means that he violated at least one member of the family's bodily autonomy while they slept because otherwise how would he have a sample to compare to.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Superman has DNA sequencing vision.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm pretty sure they gave Superman MRI vision at one point.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

I want something to help with the overwhelming nausea I got reading that

Rhyno posted:

Superman even had a "vision" that turned other people into Supermen iirc

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Superman has DNA sequencing vision.

Rhyno posted:

I would have much more happily accepted that, but nope, his note specifically says he took it to a lab and did a special rush-job DNA test on it.