Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Maria has always been good. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Kanos posted:

Maria has always been good. :colbert:

It's an honor just to be nominated. Even Shirabe, the worst Symphogear, is a great Symphogear.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Shirabe's ultimate attack is transforming into a giant robot so she's in no way the worst Symphogear.

Worst Symphogear is clearly Fine.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Shirabe's ultimate attack is transforming into a giant robot so she's in no way the worst Symphogear.

Worst Symphogear is clearly Fine.

Fine didn't actually have a Symphogear. She was wearing the same Nehushtan Armor that Chris did before she had to purge it and pull out Ichiaval to not lose, just in a more complete form.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kanos posted:

Fine didn't actually have a Symphogear. She was wearing the same Nehushtan Armor that Chris did before she had to purge it and pull out Ichiaval to not lose, just in a more complete form.

Oh, I thought the armour was a relic.

Worst Symphogear was Carol then. Her harp thing was like an actual symphogear right? She even had songs.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Symphogears are made from incomplete relic fragments as far as I know. Durandal was complete. Maybe nehushtan too?

And Carol's stuff was alchemy. They have Faust robes, not Symphogears.

Everyone's good though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kylra posted:

Symphogears are made from incomplete relic fragments as far as I know. Durandal was complete. Maybe nehushtan too?

And Carol's stuff was alchemy. They have Faust robes, not Symphogears.

Everyone's good though.

Except Adam and Grandpadad Kazanari.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

No Adam is good too so far.

Grandpap dunno yet. Not enough info.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Worst Symphogear was Carol then. Her harp thing was like an actual symphogear right? She even had songs.

It was a relic, but not a Symphogear. I don;t count Staff of Solomon or Durandal either. For my money, Symphogear is 'singing + relic + arm pose during transformation'.

So by that standard Carol counts, letting Shirabe roll under the bar of 'worst symphogear'... this time.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 5, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kylra posted:

Grandpap dunno yet. Not enough info.

Well he hosed Tsubasa's mom so that he could have a sufficiently pure heir and went on to relentlessly shame Tsubasa and her whole immediate family for Reasons...

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

SyntheticPolygon posted:

All Symphogears are relic fragments but not all relics are Symphogears. Solomon's Cane was a relic but nobody would say Ver was a Symphogear because he could use it. Fine probably could have had a Symphogear if she wanted(she invented the drat things, after all), but she specifically wanted the complete Nehushtan because it pretty much grants immortality if you can utilize it to its fullest and she probably believed she was so close to her goal she didn't need to reincarnate anymore.

Carol's Daurdabla was a "Faust Robe", which appears to be some sort of bastardized Symphogear ripoff powered by alchemy(specifically the memory burning style Carol used) instead of phonic gain. She just figured out how to add phonic gain on top of that somehow, presumably because she spent a ton of time studying the symphogears because she needed them to do the Ignite Module thing to finish the Chateau. The new alchemists in this season are also using Faust Robes, though they've been talking about them using the Philosopher's Stone as a power source to "nullify impurities"(such as the spooky magic of the Dainsleif), so they probably don't have the drawbacks Daurdabla did.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
From Zoid's translation of the keywords:

Symphogear AXZ on Faust Robes posted:

This is a protector armor that is transmuted via alchemic techniques utilizing a large amount of energy. In this sense it can be thought of as a twin of the Symphogear system. The biggest difference between the two, is that a Faust Robe does not require an Activation Chant to be used. The Faust Robes worn by Saint Germain, Cagliostro and Prelati are all sourced from the Lapis Philosophicus, however it has been especially tuned to each of their unique needs and fighting styles. The capabilities of their Faust Robes are beyond impressive and not only surpass a regular Symphogear but can even suppress the power of the Ignite Module which is supposed to be an ace in the hole.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Somehow I didn't realize until last episode that Prelati's weapon is a giant ball and cup toy.

I'm going to be very disappointed if her final form isn't catching the ball on the spike.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Ah, yes, the legendary pizza cutter of love.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well... Shirabe is getting a new transformation sequence :stare:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Well... Shirabe is getting a new transformation sequence :stare:

I was all ready to congratulate them for having the best / least creepy set of transformation sequences yet. Guess it wouldn't be Symphogear without a little :stare:

:dess:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just saw it. Nothing was really wrong with it it was no worse then Hibiki's

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Is this what the dark old times were like?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Breaking News: Symphogear Likes Butts

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I thought he meant waiting on fansubs

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Sindai posted:

I thought he meant waiting on fansubs

I did.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ah

:negative:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
CR needs to get its act together between letting GuruGuru languish in the mid-card and this.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

subs when

Eela6 posted:

Is this what the dark old times were like?

Unless it was a popular series that six different fansub groups were fighting over yeah

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
gently caress it, I'm just going to make up my own subs.

HIBIKI: So, Maria, do you like Tsubasa?
MARIA: No. I only like DR VER.
TSUBASA: Indeed. Only DR VER is worthy of affection.
KIRIKA: Dess! (Translator's note: Dess means 'DR VER')

I think I hit all the basic points.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Subs for episode 6: The secret recipe for linker was the power of friendship.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I had a goofy chuckle at Adam's appearance of indulgence. Can't wait to understand better.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

graybook posted:

I had a goofy chuckle at Adam's appearance of indulgence. Can't wait to understand better.

I love that he keeps the hat on. He really is insufferable in every conceivable way.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

How long must we endure these dark times?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
This timeline doesn't deserve more Symphogear, I guess.

What's everyone's favorite character song of the season? So far, my favorite A-side is Maria's: Stand Up! Ready!!, and my favorite B-Side is Hibiki's: Hanasaku Yuuki.

I didn't care for Chris or Tsubasa's as much as usual this season. I didn't know it was possible for music to be Chuuni, but Kirika's have proved me wrong.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 16, 2017

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

chumbler posted:

What I've heard is, apparently Commie's translator was off at Comiket, and is back, but now their editor is off on a weeklong vacation.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Curse their lives

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I can't believe the moon is going to get blown up again

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

chumbler posted:

No longer! :bisonyes:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i can get what they were going for and most of the scene worked but lol at 'mom always looked so sad after hitting me' being the source of maria's powerup :thinking:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Yeah that was kind of awkward. Alchemist songs when though. But I guess they still need to go through kirika's.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

on the other hand its still better writing than that time maria could use ignite because elfnein was bad at volleyball

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Maria is kind of a disappointing character tbh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Maria is kind of a disappointing character tbh

id have it no other way, being disappointing and kind of lame is more interesting than her being a Powerful Serious Rival or whatever, though its getting hard to tell how much of her lameness is intentional. definitely some of it, but.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I don't mind her being incompetent, I mind her just being kind of boring. Like even in fluff/comedy bits she doesn't have a very strong personality to go on. Hibiki's Pacifist Goku, Miku's In Love, Chris is an edgelord who's bad at being edgy, Tsubasa is A Sword, Kirika and Shirabe are adorable chuuni girlfriends, Maria is...just kind of huffy.

• Locked thread