Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

cheetah7071 posted:

Souls have to exist. That's what they mean when they scan for lifesigns--they just set the sensors to search for souls.

That sounds like a Futurama quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The transporter is murder though, what Barclay experienced was just Barclay #201's brain interpreting what Barclay #200's disintegrating eyes saw.

Oh nooooooooooooo

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Now that I think about it, the "transporter is murder" argument would hold more water if you were only able to transport from one pad to another. In that case you could argue that each transporter pad functions like a 3D printer following complex instructions and using the available biomatter as filament.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

cheetah7071 posted:

Souls have to exist. That's what they mean when they scan for lifesigns--they just set the sensors to search for souls.

Ah, the Gurren Lagann sensor.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Guys, according to Bashir, they're not called "souls," they're called "sparks of life" get it right gosh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Bajorans hold their souls in their ears, which is why Vedeks grab your ear to feel your Pah

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Bajorans hold their souls in their ears, which is why Vedeks grab your ear to feel your Pah

How did you hack into my fanfiction?

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

cheetah7071 posted:

Go on...

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
:siren: Spock's Brain just started on BBC America :siren:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Big Mean Jerk posted:

:siren: Spock's Brain just started on BBC America :siren:

Everyone criticizes Spock's Brain, but I legitimately like it. That episode is funnier, in my eyes, than Trouble With Tribbles.

Shatner's weird speech patterns make it priceless. "She took it! What have you done with Spock's brain?"

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Spock's Brain is extremely obviously stupid but it isn't boring, everyone involved seems to be having fun. I would say stuff like that and Omega Glory are a definite cut above the real garbage like Children Shall Lead or the loving Lazarus episode.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I swear I read somewhere that the replicators make nutritious food that just happens to taste like whatever you want it to be.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Gonna watch Menage A Trois when my beans finish cooking, but they're taking forever cause they're so old.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Gonna watch Menage A Trois when my beans finish cooking, but they're taking forever cause they're so old.

Hey, just cause the foreplay takes longer doesn't mean Picard can't pull off a hell of a menage a trois

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Wow Picard's racist against Ferengi. "I've reluctantly consented to their boarding the enterprise for the closing of the conference"

vermin posted:

Hey, just cause the foreplay takes longer doesn't mean Picard can't pull off a hell of a menage a trois

:catstare:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I wonder if they made that 3D chess into a real game.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Betazoids can't read Ferengi minds. They really are the most deceptive race in the galaxy.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Troi's mom with the boob window. Heaven help us

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

"I am willing to pay handsomely for you" looool

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Don't hurt em Lwuxanna

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Intro thought: these beans taste replicated

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I wonder if they made that 3D chess into a real game.

Like forty years ago.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

There she is pulling the "give me grandkids." Surprised she didn't do that sooner in the series

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

They must have worked hard to make pants that unflattering to Riker's rear end.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

"Now look, 'Demon Tog' or whatever you call yourself"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I wonder why the Ferengi kidnapped Riker and Troi too.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Why in god's name through the entire run of this show did they doll up Marina Sirtis like a nineteenth-century trollop? It drives me bonkers the poo poo they put her through.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Riker always has the ugliest off-duty outfits. Everything he owns is some version of silk pajamas.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

holy poo poo they were beamed out their clothes

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

This is getting extremely uncomfortable

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Did they know people hated Wesley at this point? If so it's cruel for them to tease everybody with the idea of him leaving the show.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My dad bought the Franklin mint set. Dork.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
This episode is ridiculous, but I can't think of the end without grinning like an idiot.

FAKE EDIT - the eipsode climax, not the Wesley stuff at the very end.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Man this is goofy. I guess Troi's mom just carries an aura of that with her. "Our ears are one of our most erogenous zones"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

When the other Ferengi started calling out Demon Tog for giving her the access codes I thought he knew Riker and Troi had escaped but apparently he didn't.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The vegetated Betazoid planet kind of reminds me of the one where Wesley got executed. Not sure why other than the perfectly manicured grass. Or maybe because it's so rare to have outdoor scenes so I associate all of them.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Riker's a leet hacker all of a sudden.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I dunno how ingenious Riker's plan was if they were just barely, luckily able to figure it out like that.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The vegetated Betazoid planet kind of reminds me of the one where Wesley got executed. Not sure why other than the perfectly manicured grass. Or maybe because it's so rare to have outdoor scenes so I associate all of them.

That's because they used the same location for both episodes (along with many, many others).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I'm pretty sure starfleet headquarters, that death planet, and this garden are all the same LA-local garden they film a LOT of poo poo at.
A bit like how all scifi's filmed in Vancouver end up filming at the exact same parks resulting in "planet vancouver"