Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Hmmm, I wonder what I should do with my army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

That leaked episode is pretty good.

Yea it's pretty funny seeing goons poo poo talk one of the best scenes this show's had in years even before they've seen it.

I'll leave which scene I'm talking about as a mystery for the reader.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bran needs to stop the mind rape.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
leaked episode is loving great

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Rose Leslie crush zone right here

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'm sure he'll have a better end to come, but damned if I didn't want to see Jaime get nuked in that moment.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm sure he'll have a better end to come, but damned if I didn't want to see Jaime get nuked in that moment.

Got an unrelated question... Why do you and at least one other goon ("yeah i eat rear end") have not only the same avatar, but the same custom text?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

It's been a few dozen pages so I am going to take this tiny prompt to complain that Strong Belwas would have owned on screen and helped make Dany scenes less dire, and also not including him is erasure of strongfats, who need more representation.

I guess they didn't want "can only emote if I'm shrieking in a fake language" Clarke to have every scene stolen by some cool belching fat murder guy.

While I totally understand cutting/concatenating extraneous (yet sometimes cool) characters like Edric Storm/Aurane Waters/Patchface/Willas Tyrell (the show needs a cool legit crippled dude)/every Sand Snake/etc, I don't really understand getting rid of Strong Belwas. Belwas is a very unique character who is a badass big dude brawler and hilarious comic relief. There's no one else like him in the franchise. They should have cut loving tedious rear end Daario before Belwas any day, but I guess they needed more Dany sex scenes with her *~ dreamy pretty boy warrior~* and only one prominent fat guy is allowed in the whole series.

I don't get why they cut Quentyn Martell either. Even if Quentyn's plot is ridiculously silly sometimes, he would have shown another flipside of Dorne that they're not just sex-obsessed shortsighted treasonous fools and would've been easy to integrate vs. the wildly different Arianne/Darkstar plotline. Though I guess they needed to change up the Dorne storyline with Dany for whatever reason, even though it went absolutely nowhere and was insanely idiotic.

While I understood why they decided not to adapt Lady Stoneheart after season 3 at the time, it's very weird in retrospect with how poorly paced and slow season 5 was most of the time. The Lady Stoneheart/Brotherhood scenes could have livened a season of bad King's Landing Faith politics and Dany Mereen drama up. Brienne would've also been able to do stuff, which would have been nice because she hasn't done anything ever since she became a glorified Westeros tourist with Podrick after season 4.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 4, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
We have the benefit of hindsight. Benioff and company have to go through their own idiocy in realtime.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Did the leaked episode have any tits?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lol Dickon

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.

etalian posted:

Did the leaked episode have any tits?

:( nope

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Kelp Me! posted:

lol Dickon

Reminder that ASoIaF has a separate character named Dickon Manwoody heehee.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Captain Lavender posted:

Reminder that ASoIaF has a separate character named Dickon Manwoody heehee.

I wonder how the spanish dub of this show pronounces Jaime

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kelp Me! posted:

lol Dickon

I'm as sex positive as the next guy but never say that to me again

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Leaked episode good, despite dumb stuff.

Best scene obv was massive claymore wielded by massive knight woman being effortlessly parried by a tween's rapier.

EN GARDE!!!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Bran done caught the 'tism.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

You too with the shared avatar/custom title. Weird.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
See it's cool and all because Arya is Batman No One literal ninja trained by super murder dudes :downs:

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

ElGroucho posted:

Why wouldn't Arya just sneak up on her big rear end while she's asleep and stick knife down her throat? What's the point of being an assassin if you do stupid poo poo like fight fair?

They're sparring you stupid gently caress.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

facebook jihad posted:

Oh gently caress that. I was hoping it was something like the planet was stuck in orbit between two opposing suns or some poo poo.

This is why I hate fantasy in general

Are you loving for real. Fantasy books where magic feature always has strange phenomena explained by magic. Fuckin get real. Consume sci fi for that. Goddamn nerds.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

It'll be nice to see all that dragon stuff in not potato SD, or maybe it'll look bad and I'll simply think it was better

Those kopesh sure cut through Westerosi guys a lot more than Jorah's plot armor let on in S1

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
General: Our enemy has three dragons... build ONE ballista.

Soldier: Sir, shouldn't we build as many as we can?

General: You fool! Do think wood grows on trees?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I don't have HBO but from what I'm seeing here, I was right to check out after season 5. It sounds like there's zero attention to detail and it's just become fantasy football for the writers.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

General: Our enemy has three dragons... build ONE ballista.

Soldier: Sir, shouldn't we build as many as we can?

General: You fool! Do think wood grows on trees?

In the leaked outline for the episode they had a dozen or so in the caravan.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Gonna laugh is they run out of screech lizard CGI and unceremoniously kill them offscreen.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Outrail posted:

Gonna laugh is they run out of screech lizard CGI and unceremoniously kill them offscreen.

The dragons have mysteriously fallen asleep in that cave for the rest of the season.

*points to crudely rendered 2D matt painting of a cave slapped together using watermarked shutterstock images*

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Note the dragons died on their way back to Valyria

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The wound got infected and Drogon died. :rip:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

seriousposters itt suck my cock

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The wound got infected and Drogon died. :rip:

Dude that "meera went back to her home planet" got me out of nowhere.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Jon Snow owns

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I think it's nice of everyone not to mention how ugly Bran grew up to be when they first see him again.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Holy poo poo them leaks

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
#realtalk the scene where the girl protector leaves Brann was actually real good and she's a better actor than every lady lead

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

#realtalk the scene where the girl protector leaves Brann was actually real good and she's a better actor than every lady lead

Lena Heady does a mean 'evil bitch monologue' but I think that's about it

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

One of the worst things about the character direction in this show is that 98% of the time you could describe any/all of them as, "Serious" "Angry" "Sad" "Serious and Horny".

That's why I actually like when Sam's on screen. He's wimpy, but doesn't give up. Or the Hound, who doesn't give AF, but you know he secretly does. He's not serious at all.

It's also a good argument for characters like Belwas, and why they actually were necessary.

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I thought no one has plot armour