Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
This is gonna be great. Duarte inspired death squads hunting alliance members not on board for Mercia. Effective for strong arming smaller guilds who've joined up into doing something useful, but Jesus is the messaging hella lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fonjo
Jan 1, 2012

xanif posted:

Go back and reread if you're curious. Reposting everything at this point is pointless but, yes, people split up.

Fair enough.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Fonjo posted:

Fair enough.

Check killboards before making decisions, numbers never lie~

Either way whatever you choose - get to black and get some sick ganks in! There are loot pinatas all over the place

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Posting in the thread, as someone ordered me in discord.

I am a good boy!

My name ingame is TheMooch

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Thatim posted:

Posting in the thread, as someone ordered me in discord.

I am a good boy!

My name ingame is TheMooch

Good luck and have fun. Your week at the Whitehouse should have prepared you well for the way the leadership passes informaton down here. Sorry to hear about you losing your wife and job, but I can't imagine a better reason to start playing Albion.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

quote:

Gluttony Posted:

Effective Immediately -- those guilds who are still in Anglia and playing in Anglia will be subject to martial law if they are caught breaking rules. I have created ARCHERSNON death squads; 50 loyal apostles of ARCHERSNON who have been ordered to enforce the rules of the alliance in Anglia. They have been authorized to drop tag and execute any ARCH members who are caught breaking any rules in Anglia.

Guys... I was hoping it wouldnt have to come to this and that everyone here would have been on board 100% with the alliance strategy of being in Mercia and working together, as a team, to control this end game land. Why are people fighting and dying in Anglia(or red zones, or cumbria even) when those lands are complete garbage lands -- no enchanted resources, no good fame spots, and no easy loot pinatas wearing 6.2 gathering sets?

At this point -- ARCHERSNON death squads are the only way to enforce the rules and alliance plan to be in Mercia -- if we want to defeat OOPS and be an endgame alliance(which we all want -- if youre not striving for being a competitive team, this is not the alliance for you) THEN you must put faith in the plan that the leaders of the alliance ( @[KDS] Augir , @[WarLegend]Kam , @[WLS] Maltor , @[BF]Reptar , @[Criminal]Gooch , @[R U I N]xargon , gently caress im tired of tagging poeple, etc) have all agreed is the best strategy to win.

TL/DR: If you are in Angila not in your OWN territory or on an alliance-wide operation, you are now subject to execution by loyal ARCH death squads. If you have any questions, PM me.

Only as a unified front, will we defeat OOPS and free their slaves.

:eyepop:

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
Shoot blues, then tell Vile Rat.

Glut is an idiot if he values anything augir says. Thats guys entire strategy revolves around everyone else quitting the game.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

lol gently caress this

Joining some pubbie poo poo tier guild.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

KirbyKhan posted:

Good luck and have fun. Your week at the Whitehouse should have prepared you well for the way the leadership passes informaton down here. Sorry to hear about you losing your wife and job, but I can't imagine a better reason to start playing Albion.

His name will live on forever

So, there is already drama eh? I am punching frogs naked and people are causing drama. smh

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

the gently caress is this

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I believe the English translation reads "go play Path of Exile instead"

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Jackard posted:

I believe the English translation reads "go play Path of Exile instead"

Nah - Albion is a really solid game and I've had a great time playing it the past week ever since you know...leaving AC.

Fonjo
Jan 1, 2012

Is this real life?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I wouldn't go as far as calling albion online a great game not yet. There really isn't much game there. What we have would be great if it was still 2003 and the competition was AC, DAoC, and SB. However there isn't much to the game outside of roam PKing, and gathering/ hell gates. Occasionally one guild will muster a large force and another guild will rally to defend but you can't really rely on that happening if your play times are limited. There aren't really many other game systems there to occupy people outside of gathering and fighting. There's like 10 different critter types, a handful of different hostile mobs. There just isn't a whole lot of variation and I feel like players will get bored of everything being constantly the same. Where are the orcs, ettins, dragons/wyrms/wyverns, typical fantasy type monsters. Everything is Morgana or skeletons.

They could look to UO for ideas on how to keep players engaged, but I have a feeling once the day 3 players have to resub here in a week and a half that they will think hard about whether there really is enough of a game here to keep going.

I enjoy the game myself, and don't plan on quitting here in the next month or so but I can't see myself staying past 90 days if there isn't actual susbtence added to break up the monotony of the same stuff rehashed constantly throughout the game.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FileNotFound posted:

Nah - Albion is a really solid game and I've had a great time playing it the past week ever since you know...leaving AC.

J O I N B A K A

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlvlxvxWiB4

gf

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
PRO PVP Tactics.

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

Zotix posted:

I wouldn't go as far as calling albion online a great game not yet. There really isn't much game there. What we have would be great if it was still 2003 and the competition was AC, DAoC, and SB. However there isn't much to the game outside of roam PKing, and gathering/ hell gates. Occasionally one guild will muster a large force and another guild will rally to defend but you can't really rely on that happening if your play times are limited. There aren't really many other game systems there to occupy people outside of gathering and fighting. There's like 10 different critter types, a handful of different hostile mobs. There just isn't a whole lot of variation and I feel like players will get bored of everything being constantly the same. Where are the orcs, ettins, dragons/wyrms/wyverns, typical fantasy type monsters. Everything is Morgana or skeletons.

They could look to UO for ideas on how to keep players engaged, but I have a feeling once the day 3 players have to resub here in a week and a half that they will think hard about whether there really is enough of a game here to keep going.

I enjoy the game myself, and don't plan on quitting here in the next month or so but I can't see myself staying past 90 days if there isn't actual susbtence added to break up the monotony of the same stuff rehashed constantly throughout the game.

Folks have been saying all this for years. The game is souless and isn't going to change. You'll quit in the next month with the vast majority.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
yeah i farmed awful company for like 200 kills the first week, was pretty fun

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Zotix posted:

I agree, I like the game a lot right now, but hoping there will be more content.

The game is just missing a lot of...stuff. Build variety, mob variety, terrain detail, sounds, music, lighting/effect, day/night, weather, etc are all just very bare bones or missing entirely. And as you mentioned there isn't much to do. PKing is fun, but there needs to be other things that are fun too and that let people play in creative ways. Not JUST mindless grinding and roaming PK.

They need to take ideas from UO for gameplay variety and from Shadowbane for PvP and ZvZ/territory battle type stuff. There is just so much more they need to add and I'm worried they will just be doing bug fixes and balance changes without adding all the much-needed content at this point.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.
Discord: MUFC#8381
In-Game: MUFC

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Pawn 17 posted:

I agree, I like the game a lot right now, but hoping there will be more content.

The game is just missing a lot of...stuff. Build variety, mob variety, terrain detail, sounds, music, lighting/effect, day/night, weather, etc are all just very bare bones or missing entirely. And as you mentioned there isn't much to do. PKing is fun, but there needs to be other things that are fun too and that let people play in creative ways. Not JUST mindless grinding and roaming PK.

They need to take ideas from UO for gameplay variety and from Shadowbane for PvP and ZvZ/territory battle type stuff. There is just so much more they need to add and I'm worried they will just be doing bug fixes and balance changes without adding all the much-needed content at this point.

You are correct, but don't be worried about it. I have played since one of the first alphas and while I don't always agree with the dev team's decisions, I do think they are one of the better teams out there compared to other early access games I have been in on or witnessed. They always said that for launch they had a certain minimum amount of content they wanted to hit and everything else would be devoted to the core systems and making sure they are good. I think this is the smart approach and it really shows with the quality of pvp, destiny board, etc.

Throughout the alphas and betas the devs were very good about releasing significant amounts of new content on a frequent basis. The release was a huge success with 2-3x the players they expected, and they know they need to quickly add content to keep them. They have a 50 man team and their company won't be working on any other projects at all. I have no doubt they are going to start adding a ton of content and fast. I am really excited for what this game is going to look like in a year and then in two. I can definitely see myself taking long breaks from this game to prevent or because of burnout, but always coming back to play for a while.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I'm bathing in the tears of people crying about the 3 second dismount changes. I'm very sorry your solo DB or Pike or Claw or whatever can't get dismounts on anyone with no effort and that your elite roaming squad requires a brain to catch someone.

You couldn't solo kill gatherers before the patch (if they weren't idiots) and you can't kill them now.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

FranktheBank posted:

I'm bathing in the tears of people crying about the 3 second dismount changes. I'm very sorry your solo DB or Pike or Claw or whatever can't get dismounts on anyone with no effort and that your elite roaming squad requires a brain to catch someone.

You couldn't solo kill gatherers before the patch (if they weren't idiots) and you can't kill them now.

Please source your quotes

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I've been doing my own solo thing and just PVEing while building plate, shield, and broadsword. If I wanted to join the war effort should I level some different skills, or are these usable?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

FranktheBank posted:

Hello I gank more than you and this patch was bad, but we've adjusted and its no longer an issue. In fact it makes gank squads nigh immortal to zergs. When life gives you lemons, squeeze the lemons in life's eyes.

Equalized mount speeds with a 1.5s timer would have sufficed

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

FireWhizzle posted:

Hello I gank more than you and this patch was bad, but we've adjusted and its no longer an issue. In fact it makes gank squads nigh immortal to zergs. When life gives you lemons, squeeze the lemons in life's eyes.

Equalized mount speeds with a 1.5s timer would have sufficed

yeah but rational thinking like yours doesn't leave room for me to make snarky drive by posts :confused:

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Who is Gluttony? Is he a goon? And why can't we take our guild and play with non retarded babies?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

In fact it makes gank squads nigh immortal to zergs.

Oh imagine that.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler

a dingus posted:

Who is Gluttony? Is he a goon? And why can't we take our guild and play with non retarded babies?

He's the AC lead who is going gently caress goons by killing goons who don't do exactly what he wants when he wants.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
In a way, as a person who ganks, I actually like the dismount change.

It has the psychological effect of making solo gatherers feel that can safely farm anytime, anywhere. That as long as they keep a mount handy they are invincible. This is an illusion that I enjoy dispelling.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I like how this thread is very confusing to people about who split. Baka was never goons and thus no split, the only goon I know is stunt who is bakas leader aka 1001 Arabian Dicks. AC and Kim were always going to do their own thing, and they got kicked from the alliance for doing dumb stuff the first day(no shock). Then allied with baka for a lack of anything else to do.

Also this death squad thing is pretty funny. But what most people forgot was the image that glut posted with shows all the alliance members as members of the death squad. My understanding is its there to police the shitters who go on alliances territory and vacume up all the resources. Rule #2 of the don't do in the alliance poo poo that everyone supports except the baka spies in AC causing trouble.

Also I'm playing POE.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

I like how this thread is very confusing to people about who split. Baka was never goons and thus no split, the only goon I know is stunt who is bakas leader aka 1001 Arabian Dicks. AC and Kim were always going to do their own thing, and they got kicked from the alliance for doing dumb stuff the first day(no shock). Then allied with baka for a lack of anything else to do.

Also this death squad thing is pretty funny. But what most people forgot was the image that glut posted with shows all the alliance members as members of the death squad. My understanding is its there to police the shitters who go on alliances territory and vacume up all the resources. Rule #2 of the don't do in the alliance poo poo that everyone supports except the baka spies in AC causing trouble.

Also I'm playing POE.

Why do you keep bringing me up constantly regarding things I had nothing to do with. I'm the first to take credit for poo poo stirring I actually cause, but come the gently caress on forge. :allears:

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

xanif posted:

He's the AC lead who is going gently caress goons by killing goons who don't do exactly what he wants when he wants.

What makes you say that?

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Laserpig posted:

What makes you say that?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825879&pagenumber=38#post475053062

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I've been doing my own solo thing and just PVEing while building plate, shield, and broadsword. If I wanted to join the war effort should I level some different skills, or are these usable?

Kinda building off this because I am also building a fighter with plate, but want to go hammer or axe and shield...I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the logistics of this game because it seems to go against everything I have learned about MMOs over the last 18 years but if I want to just poo poo damage as a fighter, do I go cloth or does it not matter than much over plate?

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

If it's on ARCH's agenda to be taken seriously and take territory then I don't see how this is as "oh so shocking" as it's made out to be.

How else do you propose to control 7000+ headless chickens spanning every corner of Black in 20man gangs uselessly gathering? Like I said - if it's on ARCH's agenda to be a force then structure and organisation is the first step - can you point out any better suggestions which have been made, as opposed to deathsquads?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Laserpig posted:

If it's on ARCH's agenda to be taken seriously and take territory then I don't see how this is as "oh so shocking" as it's made out to be.

How else do you propose to control 7000+ headless chickens spanning every corner of Black in 20man gangs uselessly gathering? Like I said - if it's on ARCH's agenda to be a force then structure and organisation is the first step - can you point out any better suggestions which have been made, as opposed to deathsquads?

Goon guilds were never about "Do as I say or we will kill you." AC has gone from being a mostly goon guild to a zerg pubbie alliance that is busy spam recruiting anyone.

There are plenty of guilds and alliances that are able to hold territory in the black with far fewer members and without death squads.

Previously when I said that joining AC made you a slave plenty of people argued that I was wrong. What now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Laserpig posted:

Useless gathering? The first thing you are supposed to do is get your gathering to t4. One of the things gluttony was bitching about was there wasn't enough mats getting funneled into the guild (hence the 90% tax weekend for gathering that lasted all of a couple hours before the entire plan fell apart).

I have never been in a goon guild that has had roaming death squads to kill people who aren't doing exactly what the guild leader wants.