Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

All I know is that since Jess' defense mechanism is clearly to mock the game when she's losing it and loves the attention it seems like there's an actual real chance that on Thursday when Julie asks her for her final plea she announces "You can't vote me out, I'm pregnant!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Eltoasto posted:

What would production even do if Jess went into the DR and wanted to have an abortion? That would be quite the bad situation for the show, has she requested a test?

Probably get her an abortion and never mention it ever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, in the crazy scenario where that happened Jessica would disappear for half a day and then whenever anyone talked about it we'd get wall to wall fish.

I mean, we'd still know because Jessica would just be yelling "I got my abobo!" on the feeds faster than they can fish. But they'd try real hard to hide it.

Incidentally its only now hitting me that Jessica is basically a character from You're The Worst.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 4, 2017

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

All I know is that since Jess' defense mechanism is clearly to mock the game when she's losing it and loves the attention it seems like there's an actual real chance that on Thursday when Julie asks her for her final plea she announces "You can't vote me out, I'm pregnant!"
A double eviction to make up for the lost week.

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

SLOSifl posted:

A double eviction to make up for the lost week.

Chenbot: "Earlier this week Jessica evicted her unwelcome houseguest, well she be the next guest to be ejected this week?"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Going on 7 hours of comp time and the feeds seem to have turned into a dog fight.

This is getting to be a very ugly season.

Also I forgot to gif Alex nearly dying last night.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

So if Cody killed someone in the house we'd get twelve hours of fish/cats/dogs followed by static and an unexplained cancellation, right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm convinced that BB is prepared enough for Cody that if he ever put his hands on someone a team of people would jump out and tackle him.

Jess is the one who is gonna kill someone by surprise. That girl's crazy.

Or Mark because he's already thrown a drink in someone's face and drat near hit Josh with a frying pan. He might snap if Josh puts him on Have Nots for the 4th week in a row.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014
Pretty bad look to slutshame Jess potentially requesting an abortion.

I'm guessing nobody has ever (openly) become pregnant in the BB House before? Kind of impressive, actually, given how many people have been through the set at this point.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Not a slutshame at all. If she's pregnant then good for her, terrible choice of a father though. I thought it was interesting to think how production would handle a polarizing issue like that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Feeds are back after nearly 10 hours. Sounds like it was the haunted house comp from BBOTT. Cody won and is safe. Sounds like Jess is up. She was talking about throwing it to assure she played in POV.

Josh saying he's putting Mark and Elena up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Matt comes to Christmas in a bit of a panic. Matt wants Mark and Paul up? Christmas seems as confused as me and gets snappy and tells him to talk to Josh/Paul so Matt kind of storms off.

Josh telling Paul he wants Elena out this week and leave Jess and Cody for next week. Paul doesn't like it. Paul's talking like Cody and Jess are both still vulnerable. Matt comes in and says "He's putting up Mark and you, right?" Paul seems confused. I guess Matt wanted Paul to play for POV but Paul explains why that's dumb and dismisses Matt. Josh is trying to sell Paul on the Elena target. Josh brings up Elena turning on Mark and Paul defends her and says she can be the target next week. Paul says Cody and Jess would never vote for him in jury but Elena could. Paul admits he hosed up his jury management last season and says Josh has to think about that. Paul is being pushy, condescending, and telling Josh what to do and Josh is clearly annoyed. Paul says its not the right time to "declare war". Paul's convinced Josh that if they get Jess out they can control Elena but if they get Elena out Mark will go to Jody (I think Paul's right).

Mark tells Elena he thinks he's going up. Elena's in a mood again and yelling at production. Oh god, Mark's whining about their relationship again. Mark thinks he's going home and wants to figure them out or something. Elena's more interested in her outfit. Elena says Christmas is "up to no good" and Mark says "of course."

Mark: I'm going to be taken out of Big Brother by loving Josh.

Josh talking to the cameras says Paul doesn't see what he does and Elena still needs to go. He says it will take time to convince Paul.

Christmas tells Paul that she can use her Ring any time so the plan is to use it if Cody gets picked. Paul says Josh wanted to call out Marlena and he told him he was an idiot. Christmas says Elena is storming around and "being sketch" with Josh.

Mark asks Josh to tell him "as a man" if he's not a pawn. Josh assures him he's a pawn. Josh says he wants Jess out. Well he's half honest. He asks Mark to send him Elena.

Paul gives Elena a head's up that she's going up "as a pawn." He advises Elena to go and talk to Josh but she's being stubborn and refusing. She says its stupid if she's going up because she voted him out.

Josh tells the cameras he's not sure Mark going up is the best bet because if Jess wins POV then Mark will go home next to Elena. He thinks he can convince the house to vote out Elena if he plays it right. He says Elena's the "glue" in the middle of everyone and if she goes Matt, Raven, and Paul stop playing with the "shady side." He says that as soon as he tells Elena she's going up she's going to start throwing names out.

Christmas trying to figure out why Jess would throw the Safety Comp. Elena pointing out that it worked out for them where if she wins POV they both stay. Paul once again tells Elena to go talk to Josh. Elena's in no rush doing her makeup and Paul tries to push since noms are going to be soon. Elena being REALLY petulant about it. Christmas asks Paul why Jess threw and Paul explains that it keeps her from getting backdoored. She finally goes and Christmas says that's the poo poo Elena's been giving her for days. Alex joins. Christmas complains about Elena's poo poo and says the only person she'll talk to is Paul and asks what she's saying. Paul says no real game. He's lowkey defending Elena as Christmas and Alex agree on her.

Elena goes to HOH and Josh flirts. Josh says he needs Elena up to make sure Jess doesn't win POV. Elena says that's "false" because she's not the best competitor and Alex and Jason are both better than her. She doesn't want to "look like an asshat." Josh says Paul offered but he thinks the house might vote him out. He tells Elena she's strong mentally and physically. Josh laying it on thick that he wanted Cody out. Elena basically berating Josh that she's going up for voting against him. Saying she quit her job to be here. Josh says they have the numbers. Elena is now hilariously pushing for Paul to go up since he "volunteered" while Paul's been trying to save her. Josh asking what he's done to make Elena think he's targeting her. Elena says she's not saying that, she just thinks he's lying to him about his reasoning for putting her up as a strong competitor. She uses a lot of words besides "lie" and talks about "averages and statistics" of comp wins and Josh's "math doesn't add up." Elena's now yelling and cursing that no one believes she's with Jess and Cody.

Christmas is giving Mark relationship advice.

Paul mocking Josh to Maven for veering from the plan and being a "ding dong."

Kitties so Noms? Elena definitely didn't talk herself off the block with that conversation.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

After Dark still on. Paul is with Elena and Josh in HOH and Elena is still fighting hard not to go up. Paul interrupts to say he's not HOH and doesn't want to look like he's making game moves. Josh says he's not, he is. Elena says if she goes up she'll handle it with "grace and class." Josh asks who Elena suggests he puts up and she won't say. Josh says she just said Paul and Alex are better competitors. Elena denies ever suggesting putting them up and babbles about math and facts. Josh and Elena fighting over this now because Elena won't admit she said Paul should go up and Josh pushing her to admit it. Elena keeps "lawyering" and Josh says she's lying to his face. They're just going around in circles because Elena won't name someone to go up in her place and Josh keeps saying she already did.

After Dark poll asks who they want to see get nominated. "Elena, especially after this conversation" wins out 64% over "Paul! Paul! Paul!".

Ok, fish on After Dark now so probably noms for real.

AbandonShip
Dec 25, 2007

Noms are officially Mark and Elena. (And Jess.)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Feeds back. Mark/Elena/Jess up.

Cody and the nominees briefly commiserate in the bathroom and then go their separate ways. Cody asks Jess to stick with him so he doesn't react.

Jess: It takes 6 grown men to take out one girl. I've never seen such pussies.
I have no idea what she's talking about, but it usually takes awhile to figure out Jess' reality.

Josh is telling Maven about Elena's HOH mess and throwing Paul under the bus and then lying about it.

Paul doing some damage control with Elena. He tells her not to react like that to Josh because he can't handle it. Elena going on about he grievances with Josh. Paul insisting he had nothing to do with it and Josh is a bad HOH. Elena says it looks sketchy and no one trusts her. She says Josh promised her safety (he sorta did, but he actually asked her to reciprocate it and she never did). Paul says Jess is the target, Elena asks what if she wins, and Paul says they'll deal with that if it happens. Elena is irritated by Josh.

Josh now telling Christmas, Mark, and Alex about the Elena freakout. He says she "lost it." Mark defending her but its badly miced.

Josh goes to talk to Cody and Jess and they're giving him poo poo. Jess saying she can't handle his mood swings. Josh saying he didn't say anything personal in his noms and Jess rips him an rear end in a top hat about the poo poo he gave her during the stoplight HOH and how he needs to "pick a mood, because I'm bored." Josh brings up the stuff she's said about him. Jess, "You literally threw trash on me on the day my dad passed away." Josh says it was part of the game and Jess is going off again. Josh rambling that things being his opinions. Cody saying they never asked for his opinions. Josh saying Jess was just blowing kisses at him and he asked if she wanted to talk. Josh says when she calms down they can talk. Jess says she is calm (she's very not). Cody says he'd know if they weren't calm. Cody going back to how he doesn't want to hear anything else from him. Jessica laughs at Josh. Jess says she doesn't need any conversations because she has a great life back home. Josh says if she's open to having a conversation with him later, she can come to him. Kevin's there now and points out the obvious that he didn't nominate Jessica. More blah blah blah. Jess, "Give me a call when one of your parents pass away." Jess says he made her miserable and when one of his parents die he'll realize what he did. Jess keeps telling him why he's disgusting. Josh apologizes and says he was only trying to get them out of the comp and he didn't mean to hurt her. He says she deserved the HOH. Kev again points out that Josh didn't put Jess on the block. Jess reasons that her nominating him was revenge for that so they were even after that (seeming to imply that Josh escalated by not nominating her?).

Apparently this is all because Josh said Cody ruined Jess' game during noms. Josh was giving what seemed like a sincere apology and asking Jess to talk to him. He presumably wants to tell her she's not his target but she just wasn't willing to hear anything and probably won't talk to him. Jess is probably going to make herself the target.

Kevin tells Josh he handled it well.

Paul is still trying to calm Elena down and convince her that Jess is her enemy this week, not Josh or anyone else. Elena still complaining about everyone blindsiding her 2 weeks ago. Elena mocking Josh and saying he lied to her. Paul tells her to "play the part."

Jess is pouting back in the Rose Room. Cody asks Jess to "play her heart out" for the POV and says he needs her. She agrees. He says this summer is going to blow and he selfishly wants her around. Cody wants to see Jess in a relaxed state. Jess feels bad Mark's been a Have Not the entire game. Cody has no sympathy, says its "just oats", and is bothered Mark is still playing nice even after the noms. Jess says he has to and he's going home if Jess wins POV. Cody says that's his point, he's not being himself, its not helping him, and he wouldn't be in this position if he was himself and had stuck with them. I'd like to hear that logic. It "pains" Cody to see Mark hugging Josh.

Maven and Jason are in HOH. Raven's ranting about Jess looking for sympathy and listing Raven's many sympathy cards (that are wearing on people. Josh is there too. He's rehashing the Jess stuff. Christmas is here now. Josh says no matter what happens he doesn't want a repeat of the mob scene from last week. He doesn't want them to play into Jody's "victim game." Josh says Jess is "rude as poo poo" and interrupted his speech. Christmas says she wants it all about her. Alex joins to congratulate Josh on a job well done.

Jason and Mark are talking. Paul comes by and Jason says Josh is crying (I didn't notice). Paul is exasperated.

Paul goes to HOH (Josh, Alex, Christmas, Maven) and says he did damage control with Elena. He says Elena's freaking out but Mark's handling himself and keeping his cool. Josh rehashing the Elena stuff to the collected group now and doing a pretty good "if you go by mathematics and logic" impersonation. Paul tells Josh to stop apologizing to Jess and that the next time Cody tells him to "shut the gently caress up" to do it back. Paul says he's tired of them abusing Josh and to stop letting them do it. They discuss Jess' "dad card". Paul asks if anyone knew it was the anniversary of her dad. Raven says she cried with her. Josh says she told him between the eviction and HOH. Alex tells Josh that that Jess is just trying to make him feel bad. Josh asks them not to attack Jody and they all make him promise to stand up for himself and stop apologizing. Paul says they're just laughing at him and taking advantage of his "soft heart." Cody and Jess laughed at Josh during his noms.

Kevin checks in on a fuming Jody. Kevin says Josh is just goofy. Cody says its all about control and Josh is angry that Jess took control (huh?).

Elena and Mark. Mark says Alex wants to talk to her and to be nice. Elena says she's not a nice person (Elena). She says she doesn't want to talk but if she doesn't it will be sketchy. Mark asks if he and Elena are ok and Elena says "No, I loving yelled at him for 20 minutes because he's an idiot." Mark agrees but doesn't seem to think it was smart to yell at the HOH before noms. "Remember all the times I lost my cool?" Elena says she didn't lose her cool and did exactly what she intended. Now Elena says she didn't "yell" she was just "direct and clear and intelligent" but Josh didn't understand it and got frustrated.

Mark broke up the big HOH talk and they all made nice and deflected. My web went down so I just skipped this since they don't talk about real stuff around Mark.

Josh is alone with Alex. Alex says that he did a great job and doesn't want him manipulated by Jess' "psychological warfare." Alex says she could do the same kind of thing with Jess if she wanted to but she doesn't play like that. She mentions that Jess sticks her finger up people's butts and touches her vagina but Alex's cousin was raped, tortured for days, and murdered and she could use that. We get fish while she tells him about that. We come back and Alex is saying she could destroy Jess if she played this card but won't. She starts talking about her cousin again and they jump away. They come back and Alex explains that this is why she thinks Jody throwing "sexual predator" around is hosed up. This was weird. Josh politely asks her not to bring this up again. Alex pulls it together and cuts it down to him not getting manipulated by her, not engaging with them, and just sending her home. She says he deserves to be here so not to let Jess tell him different. Jason joins. Alex says she didn't like him at first with the Jillian stuff but he proved himself to her. Josh tells Alex she's a "powerful girl... woman!" and not to let anyone get her down either. Josh says she cracked big ole Mark. Now all three numbskulls are kinda rambling.

Oh wait, Josh is trying to sell Elena as the target now. He's saying Jody are isolated but Elena is playing in the middle of everything and is persuasive. Alex saying Elena was pushing to get Josh out. Josh just doing his push. Disloyal, persuasive, smart, lawyer, dumped Mark, flip flopper, etc. Jason says Mark is claiming he doesn't care about Elena. Alex says that putting Jess and Cody in jury together is bad for Josh. Josh says Elena has Maven and Alex says they do. Alex says they should play the week out and they can revisit it, but they'll back him. Josh says Jess is playing the sympathy card and America is buying it because they gave her the Hex. As usual this is all over the place. Josh reiterates that Jody are going to try and start poo poo but they need to not get sucked into it.

Kevin telling Paul that Cody trusts him for some reason and if he wins HOH he can get him to leave them alone if he wins HOH. Paul says if he thinks he can work it go ahead. Kevin says they can use Cody to take out Mark and Matt and then they're good. Paul says they don't need Cody to do that, but if he wins HOH fine. We joined this in progress and it sounds like Kevin was trying to convince Paul to work with Cody. Paul's saying "only if its necessary." They start mocking Matt. Paul says that in his HOH video blog they asked him how many times he showers a day and how many bowls of cereal he eats. I have no idea how you see those things. I've looked.

Cody and Jess are hanging in the kitchen for once but everyone seems kind of uncomfortable and bails. It might be projection but they seem... aggressive? I don't know. Its visibly awkward. Cody is... sassy? It makes me feel uncomfortable.

Kevin tells Jason about his desire to pull Cody over to them if Jessica goes. Jason doesn't really like this any more than Paul did but he's Jason so he can't really push back. Kevin's really pushy on this one and talks randomly about ringing people's necks and staring them in the eyes and stuff.

Its midnight and the Have Nots are off slop so they're doing their weekly feast together and no real game talk (except Kevin's weird Cody thing). I think Mark is eating for the first time in 2 weeks and he knows he's going back on Have Nots tomorrow for the 4th week so he might eat someone if they get too close. Even though there's a chance of Jody causing a scene while socializing I'm going to bail and sleep or do something else.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Cody's weird obsession with control is 400% over compensation for something that happened in his life

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They just went into HOH lockdown. This is probably for Have Nots.

Normally this wouldn't be a big thing but we know Josh is planning to do 2 things. (1) Make Mark a Have Not for the 4th week despite his begging and threatening to the contrary and (2) Make Jess a Have Not but NOT Cody.

So as usual everything in the BB19 house - especially when connected to Jody and Mark - has a chance to explode.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mark is saved. No Have Nots this week except Elena since she took the chip last week. Production took mercy on Jody and Mark.

Cody hilariously abandons the people immediately and RUNS to Have Nots to collect all of his and Jess' stuff since they had already moved into Have Nots and he's a weird dude.

Mark tells Elena he'll stay in Have Nots with her this week. Last night they cuddled and hooked up again, so I guess Marlena is a thing again as block mates.

Kevin rats out to Cody that Josh wasn't going to pick Cody to gently caress with Jody. Jess has "no words." Jess correctly figures out that Matt would have been the fourth Have Not but once again doesn't understand the house dynamics and things it would be because Josh and Matt genuinely don't have a relationship. Jess complains that Paul lies about knowing people in LA she knows because she knows everyone in LA and doesn't know Paul. Cody running off some similar story and saying Paul's a pathological liar like some military bud he has. They're probably not wrong but also they're both clearly full of poo poo too.

Ok, gently caress Jody Cam. Its Saturday.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Not just Jody cam, Kevin is giving a history lesson on WWII

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

Jess complains that Paul lies about knowing people in LA she knows because she knows everyone in LA and doesn't know Paul. Cody running off some similar story and saying Paul's a pathological liar like some military bud he has. They're probably not wrong but also they're both clearly full of poo poo too.
If Jess was as connected in LA as she claims she wouldn't be on big brother. She's a joke.

Hope she goes home this week and Cody goes berserk.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah, Big Brother is not a good sign of a career on the rise. Ricky Gervais was mocking it a decade ago.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah, Big Brother is not a good sign of a career on the rise. Ricky Gervais was mocking it a decade ago.
I was howling with laughter when Elena was telling Josh this is her big opportunity to be discovered and she quit her job to do it. I think she was a radio personality before right? Has anyone moved up beyond that same-ish level from being on Big Brother? Also what does she think she is showing off? She hasn't done poo poo and is boring.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The Real World has a better track record of turning a cast member into genuine celebrities. Even those were few and far between.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mahoning posted:

The Real World has a better track record of turning a cast member into genuine celebrities. Even those were few and far between.

Hey now, what are you talking about? There is the Miz and

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Your Taint posted:

Jamie Chung from San Diego is an actress. She plays Mulan on Once Upon a Time

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jacinda Barrett's actually had a pretty successful acting career too. She had a regular role on Suits for awhile and is starring in Bloodline now.

And Heather B's in my iTunes library.

And there's Austin and Jesse having success in the wrestling business too. Although that's kind of a different twisty road and Austin was already pretty deep down it.

I don't really think much of the "this is my big break" stuff. Its dumb but dumb kids have been dreaming of breaking big forever. It makes more sense than the number of kids who make it big with a Youtube show or podcast or whatever. Its all the same thing. Kids looking to becomes stars and thinking their 15 minutes are going to be it.

People like Paul pretending it really did make them big deals or like Jess acting like they're already big deals because they party with Gronk... those people are the truly deluded.

Elena? She's just a girl who wants to be a star, was on a radio show, is now on a TV show, and in fairness is plugging on with a bigger profile than most of her peers. Even though this is probably the peak.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 5, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas and Josh agree that she shouldn't use her Ring to pull Cody off if he gets picked, despite what Paul wants. They discuss a cover story for pretending that Christmas only just told Josh about it to hide how close they are to Paul (apparently she told him weeks ago). Christmas doesn't want to blindside Paul about it so they're going to tell Paul that they have 3 targets on the block so its not worth wasting it this week. Josh thinks Paul saw Elena's poo poo last night but Christmas is nervous and says they talk a lot and Paul doesn't tell them anything she says. Both are still firmly on the Elena Target this week and think its fine since she's still working with Jody anyway.

Josh talks to Jess again. Josh says that he respects that Jess never came at him anyway but straight. Jess says when she watches he'll see a lot of people lied to him and regret things. Josh wanted Jess to hear him out her HOH week which is why he's giving her the chance to talk to him. Josh feels bad about the pots and pans, things he's said, and the mob scene. He says he wanted to flush out the Hex but he "doesn't stand by" where it went. Jess doesn't accept this apology and just acts high and mighty that its taken the entire house to take them down. Josh points out that he had the whole house against him for the first few weeks, that he was unable to get out of his bed and crying, and no one did anything but mock him. Jess complains that Mark and Elena are up because they stood by Jody and they're being punished for "having brains for themselves" and she doesn't agree with the "horseshit" of people not being allowed to talk to people. Josh says Cody hasn't talked to him in weeks and has said terrible things about him for his family to hear, and that Josh has tried to talk to Cody about it multiple times and he's never done it. Jess says Cody is "old school" and judged him on Day 2 for going for the golden apple and "attacking a female". "He is a marine, he believes in loyalty and trust, and you on Day 2 betrayed your entire team." Jess says that's a very good reason for Cody not to like him. Josh says it was a game move and Jess says everyone uses that excuse but its about "your character" that follows you outside the house. Jessica's all aggro now and says she doesn't want to get riled up so excuses herself. She says Cody and Josh are "boys will be boys." Josh asks for a hug and she gives him that at least.

Josh tells the cameras that Jody can't stop coming at him personally and he has to just step back and let the week play out. This is why everyone told him to stop apologizing to Jess and Cody and letting them abuse him. And Josh has shifted from "Elena has to go" to "one of them needs to go." Jess is going to make herself the target this week.

Christmas tells Josh that she prepped Jessica for possibly talking to her later. Josh tells Christmas about his talk with Jess and Christmas again tells Josh to stop apologizing to her. Josh says Jess just brought up all the personal stuff again and Christmas says to just shut that down. Josh says he can't talk to Jody anymore and keep them the house targets. Christmas suggest Josh ask people to have his bag next week before POV as long as he takes out "a" target. Christmas says Josh has been doing things for people and its time for him to collect. Christmas suggests that if Josh wins POV he might want to make a deal with Jess and pull her off. Josh wisely points out that Christmas could do that but he can't because Jess will just throw it back at him. Christmas encourages Josh to bring Mark in closer. Josh wants to flip Paul against Elena but Christmas advises to soft touch it and make Paul stick his neck out. They both trust Paul but they know he's working with Elena on the side. Christmas doesn't want to spook Paul and make him feel threatened by them. Josh vocalizes what I've been assuming his logic is, that he thinks Elena is a link between Paul and Jody and Maven and Jody. He worries that if she stays in the game she might convince Maven to flip back against the singles by playing the "showmances" angle. Josh also wants a secret handshake with Christmas.

Cody's fantasizing about the "pure terror" they'll feel if his name is picked for POV.

Kevin's still pushing an alliance with Cody to Alex and Jason. He wants to go to F5 with Paul and Cody. Alex doesn't like the sound of leaving Cody around that long. Kevin's confident he can keep Cody from nominating any of them. Jason, Alex, and I clearly disagree. Jason and Kevin think Matt doesn't care about anything but getting to Jury. Alex says he's been throwing things and will turn it up after Jury. Kevin thinks he's too stupid for that and calls him a sociopath.

Josh and Christmas wake up Paul to tell him they don't want to use Christmas' Ring this week. Josh says Jess and Elena are equal targets so he's fine with either going, so using the Ring is a waste. Christmas says their worst case scenario is Elena and that's fine. Paul is sleepy and not pushing. He tells Josh its his HOH but he thinks Jess is the best move. Paul saying Jody will be spiteful in Jury and 2 votes but Elena would be fair and moveable. Paul again kind of admitting he hosed up his Jury Management last season and is thinking of that this time. Christmas and Josh concede that's a good point. Josh doesn't think Jessica has the power to manipulate people that Elena has. Christmas says Jess has a different approach. I agree with Josh. Josh saying he wants to save Christmas' power for another week and if it comes back and gets him out next week, he's willing to take that risk. Paul is pushing harder now. Paul can't see a scenario where Christmas' Ring is more useful than securing Jury members (uh, saving her?). Paul says Elena is a solid backup plan. Paul pushing that Elena can't get any allies after Jess. Christmas thinks it would be fun to see all 3 stay up. Christmas says it might be fun to use the Ring to pull Cody off just to piss them off. Josh still saying he doesn't want it used and doesn't think its logical using it with it guaranteed he's got 3 targets up there. This is just Paul and Josh pushing back and forth in circles until DR breaks it up calling Josh in.

Paul trying to explain the dynamics of Jody and Marlena.

Kevin tells Alex and Jason that Alex is the most lady like in the house because she doesn't shove her rear end in people's faces or have sex on TV. I get what he's saying but I'm not sure I'd call Alex a "lady." Jason's now agreeing with the idea of working with Cody next week, but it sounds short term in his mind and not the F5 Kevin wants.

Paul tells Matt and Christmas that last night during the Safety Comp Cody told Jessica that the time between their two runs was "the longest they've been apart" and Paul nearly vomited. Christmas calls him "Cody-Codependent" and laughs at her own bad joke. Matt says Cody is smitten but Jess is just going back to her life and forgetting about him. Christmas says it hurts her heart taht Cody will be hurt, but Matt doesn't. Paul says this happens every year and he doesn't get it. Christmas says Jess wasted her Hex to save him and it will cost her. Paul thinks their strategy of Cody winning Safety and Jess throwing is hilarious in light of Jess using her Hex because "Cody keeps her safe." He's got a point. Raven joins. Paul and Christmas start talking about how blown away they are that Jody "humped" on live feeds after just a few days. Maven are largely silent. They shift to Mark and his relationship problems. Matt says Mark sent 30 messages to his ex after she blocked him. Paul says the stories he tells shows they were "verbally abusive and sociopathic" to each other and he tells Mark to please not go back to her. Raven calls her a "twatwaffle" and "maybe Mark's a twatwaffle." They discuss that Elena is kind of stringing Mark along and Matt says that she "has a bit of that 'I don't want anything to do with you until you completely ignore me and then I want the attention back.'" Apparently during HOH lockdown Mark talked a lot about his ex and freaked them out and Elena got jealous.

Matt: You guys are kind of twinning right now. Its kind of turning me on. Think you can take your shirts off at the same time?
Christmas: Have you mastered sucking your own dick yet?
Paul: I have.
Matt: How?
Paul: Lots of aerobics.
Christmas: I bet if I was a boy...

Long fish for POV picks. When we come back Cody is sobbing in Jess' arms. Elena is talking to Christmas about her using the Ring. So Cody must have gotten picked and Christmas used it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Alex and Cody picked for POV. Christmas used the ring and pulled Cody out. So its Josh, Mark, Elena, Jess, Alex, and Christmas.

Cody's really broken down and a mess and Jess is saying its always them vs the house and if they can't get him they'll get her. DR calls him in and Cody says "gently caress you." He does go at Jess' urging.

Elena's doing damage control with Christmas, or the other way around. Elena's calm now and says Christmas using the ring was a "team move" and she's with the team to get Jess out. Lot of rehashing stuff about last week. Elena seems placated.

Kevin telling Jess that if she goes he'll take care of Cody. Kevin proposing his F5 deal. This might not go over well with people. Jess says Cody's "earned" this game more than most.

Josh telling Mark they're on the same team and they want to go to the same goal and asks him to have his back next week. Mark agrees. Mark says if he wins POV he's going to mess with Josh and he agrees. Josh says no aggressive touching. Josh doesn't like when Mark grabs him and Mark says he's glad he told him. Mark agrees Jess this week, Cody next week. Mark appreciates that Josh showed him the respect to not blindside him.

Christmas tells Kevin she was just scared to tell anyone about her Ring. Kevin says they're cool.

Jess tells Christmas she has nothing to say to her. Christmas says its not personal. Jess says it is because she's been very sweet to Christmas (:O) and she used her "gift" to take her out. Christmas says she told Jess that exactly this would happen if she used her "gift" last week. Jessica says she doesn't have relationships with people who are "two faced." Christmas rolls away.

Alex joins Mark, Elena, and Josh and teaches them how to cheat in the over/under POV.

Christmas tells the people in the kitchen who were listening that Jess can't separate game from personal. She says she told her how this week would go if she used the Hex. Christmas says Jess talks about airtime, now its hers. Christmas says Jess thinks she deserves to be here over Mark and Elena.

Jess is probably going to blow up if she doesn't win POV.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Glad Christmas used her temptation in this way, best drama production could have hoped for.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Teek posted:

Glad Christmas used her temptation in this way, best drama production could have hoped for.

Seriously the temptation thing has worked out surprisingly well. They've all been used in dramatic fashion.

Hopefully Jess doesn't win veto. I'm real sick of Jody at this point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its good drama and it might work out gamewise for Christmas. People are at least saying that it bought a lot of trust and faith that she used it for the team instead of keeping it for herself. That might be lipservice that fades away but at the very least now no one has to worry about her having the mysterious power in her pocket and that being used to target her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So, in case you didn't put it together in the last few hours Jessica has chewed out both people who have been trying to save her this week. She's an awesome BB player.

Christmas joins Josh, Mark, Elena, and Alex in HOH. Mark says that Christmas was never in danger this week so the fact that she used the Ring for the team plan means a lot to him. Christmas tells them about the Jessica fight. Christmas is fired up against Jess and probably off the "evict Elena" train. Josh reiterates that no one should go after Jess and "bully" her and play into her victimhood. Alex says she's impressed with Josh. They're all strategizing how to rig POVs.

Matt is indignant that Jessica is "playing the victim role" after being saved with the Hex "undeservingly".

Jess asks Cody if he's ok and he says he's angry. Jess says she's numb. Jess says Christmas made a dumb move. Cody, "All she had to do was NOTHING. Like she's always been doing!" Kevin saying something but he's in the shower and not miced. Cody whining about a knife in Jess' back. I think these two actually thought Christmas was on their side. But they seem to get mad when anyone isn't on their side.

Jason, Paul, and Maven are all with the HOH crew strategizing now. People are talking about "following" Jess in the comp and messing with her and Josh keeps saying he doesn't want them doing it. They're drawing a distinction between bullying and strategic harassment. Paul, Christmas, and Alex all saying that Josh needs to get past it and its not personal, just game. Everyone's getting upset about Jess now and all the poo poo she's done. Josh finally agrees to nothing personal but they can game, cheer, and whatever. Now they're trying to convince Josh that pots and pans are ok and just game. Its circles. Josh is really concerned about the "bullying" thing but everyone else is back to being super over Jess' poo poo.

Jess and Cody leave Kevin. Jess says they're all plotting and talking poo poo in HOH. Cody says "grown rear end men afraid of a woman." Jess tells Cody that Christmas told her to separate game and personal. Cody, "SHUT THE gently caress UP!" In Jess' version of the story she told Christmas to "move along." Cody complains about the "garbage rear end pillows." Cody's easily the most upset I've seen him and barely holding it together. Jess tells Cody about Kevin's deal. Jess still thinks the house has "sides". Cody guesses Alex and Jason are on Kevin's side and Jess says "Paul." Cody, "gently caress that." He says he's not making any deals and just taking out targets. Cody says Christmas did a "manly" staredown with him because she "thinks she's a dude." Jess says Christmas said told her she warned her about this happening if she used the Hex and Jess thinks she only said "the house" and not her specifically. Cody says they always say that and every move they (Jody) have made "those dickheads" have made too and they justify it and come out "squeaky clean." "loving cowards." "That's why they tried to bully you, because they knew there'd be no retaliation." "It takes a team to take you out."

Kevin asks Jody where everyone is and Jess snarks that they're all in HOH because it takes an entire house to plot and plan against them.

Now Cody's complaining about "those loving idiots" burning things on the stove. Jess says Christmas will need the Ring at some point and she wasted it because she listened to Paul to "prove a point" and not strategy. Nah, the strategy was taking Cody out, Jess. Cody says "and not from a position of strength, a position of weakness." Huh?

Mark's got them off "To Bully or Not To Bully" and back on strategizing. I'd describe but who cares? They strategizing for a random POV and its too complicated for me to bother following.

Josh tells Christmas he's pissed. He doesn't want Mark or Elena winning POV. Christmas says she was debating the Ring but the Jury Argument makes sense. Josh says he agrees but he doesn't like Paul pushing the "gently caress with Jess" stuff and he had it under control. Christmas says its his HOH and "lock your loving door." Christmas tells him Josh is an aggressive personality but remember he's on his team so don't do anything to lose him. Josh gets called to DR and POV is probably starting.

Jody are really focusing in on criticizing Raven's cooking. Paul's actually cooking. Cody says that if Jessica leaves and Raven cooks something and asks Cody to try it he's going to try it and spit it at her. Jess, "God help them." Cody says she's the only reason he's kept the peace in the house. Cody says its never been a good look in anything he's seen for one group to be attacking one small force. Cody compares themselves to 300. He's really into it. He refuses to kneel to a "god king." He won't "lose his honor." I might finally watch 300 during the POV just to laugh at Cody. Jess talking about watching life feeds every night at 9 PM (does she think only After Dark is live?) and watching 300, Troy, and Inglorious Bastards and thinking of him. Jess is glad if someone stays it him and she doesn't care what anyone says. Cody says everyone out there wants to be remembered and act like "cartoon characters" but everyone will remember Jessica. Jess wishes she could have "pulled a Janelle."

Josh is back from DR and tells Alex that Mark and Elena can't win POV because he doesn't want to have to put someone else up. He tells her to gun for it. Josh complains about everyone strategizing together in HOH. Alex doesn't like Maven "making themselves comfortable." Josh says its fine because they're numbers but he wants to kick them out but he's playing smart. They complain about Raven eating all Josh's food. Josh still wants Elena out. He thinks he still has the votes and says Paul and Maven want him to take out Jess for them because they're good with Elena. Alex says if she wins POV she's keeping noms the same. Josh doesn't like that they're trying to rile him up against Jody and he says all he needed was the letter from his mom to bring him back. He says they used him to rile up Jody for the first half of the game, but now he's playing different. Josh saying Jody will always be targets. Josh says Elena was controlling the POV strategy session. Alex says if Mark wins he's scared enough that they can make him keep the noms the same. Josh says "they're all a pack of pussies" who want him to say stuff but they never do. Alex loves the new Josh and says "you finally came around."

Sounds like Cody beat Alex by 6 seconds in the Safety Comp.

Jess again whining about wanting to FF to leaving. She says if she loses then she has to look at people be smug til Thursday and if she wins its just another week of this. Jess complaining about people whispering about her for 45 days. Cody says its impressive she can "live rent free in their heads" and they "live in fear" of her. Jody really think they're the first people to ever get targeted in BB. Jess is planning out her schedule for outside the house next week.

Josh tells the cameras he wants him, Alex, or Jess to win POV (I think he just left Christmas out because of her leg). He says if someone attacks Jess he's going to go off because he asked them to respect his HOH and not do it. Josh recognizes that Paul doesn't want Jody in Jury because he can't get their votes, but Josh thinks he could win over Jess' jury vote. Eh... respect for the first part and the general gaming approach.

Cody wants to move into Have Nots and get away from everyone. Jess doesn't want to give them the satisfaction. "I am not in the business of giving people what they want." If its the spelling POV Jess' word is "strengthlessness". I'm pretty sure that's not a word. (I looked it up, it is. My bad. I still think its a dumb strategy to go running around trying to find all those letters instead of just finding letters and figuring it out. But I didn't even know it was a word, so ignore me.)

Kevin called to DR so that's the POV because he's the host.

Christmas: How are you doing? Is it the respect thing? Is it because they won't shut the gently caress up?
Josh: Both.
Christmas says they (Elena, Paul, Maven) talk over everyone and they're know it alls. They say Josh needs to have a talk with Paul and just tell him how he feels about the HOH being taken over. Christmas says Matt does a good job trying to calm people down but Raven always makes it worse. Josh doesn't like that they were trying to get him to attack Jess but they won't do any of it. They'll just sit on the sidelines and throw comments at him. Christmas agrees. Josh says he hasn't played safe in 50 days and Christmas loves him for it. Christmas tells him to just stay calm. She says Paul is putting in Elena's hands and there's an alliance there. Christmas isn't 100% sure but thinks Alex is turning around to their side. Christmas promises to do her best in POV for him. She tells Josh to just tell people he needs chill time in HOH and to take back his room and enjoy it.

Paul breaks it up. Josh says he understands why Paul was so drained last week. Paul immediately starts ranting about Jess and the Hex. Josh asks if Paul saw (Elena controlling things) and Paul says he did but there's a time and place and he shouldn't create an enemy. Paul ranting about how no one bullied Jody and its just a game. Josh is visibly tired of this. Paul's trying to rile Josh up again saying that they were laughing at him during noms. Paul isn't letting it go and can't read how suck if of this Josh is.

Ok, POV time. Gonna be a late one.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 6, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Your Taint posted:

Jacinda and Jamie were touched on. Cameran is on Southern Charm on Bravo. Sean Duffy has been in the House for like 10 years now or something. Heather B cohosts Sway's radio show. David from Seattle was a VP at the LA Times. Kevin from the first season is a very successful writer. Kyle Brandt hosts a morning show on NFL Network. Judd Winick has been writing comics for ages. Tonya was in some softcore pornos lol

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

How many of those people got their break from big brother?

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that Jess threw the Temptation comp to ensure Cody won. What made them think that was a good idea? Wouldn't it have made more sense the other way around? Jess would have to 1, rely on luck on the draw for Cody to be picked for the veto comp to being with, and 2, had absolutely no history of hinkey powers being used this season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The idea was to assure Jess gets to play in POV and doesn't get backdoored. Plus if she won POV Josh wouldn't get to name a replacement so Cody couldn't be backdoored.

Why Cody gets Safety and she throws? Partly because they see Cody as the better competitor (which at least worked out this time) but also because Jessica has already quit the game in her own mind and wants to go home. She can't stand being in a low position and has repeatedly said she would have quit except she doesn't want to give the HGs the satisfaction. When they told her last week she'd be the target if she used the Hex to save Cody she decided she was fine with that since she was checked out and Cody needed the money.

They couldn't guarantee Cody gets picked, although that worked out. And of course they were furious that a screwy Temptation cost them their perfect plan when it was a screwy Temptation that gave them a second (third) chance.

And of course as Paul pointed out it's ironic that she used the Hex to save Cody because "he's the only one who saves her" but really every move they've made has been about saving Cody. Jessica's been throwing her game away for Cody since Week 1.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 6, 2017

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Don't forget that she thinks these are all good moves and that she's going to be a combination of America's sweetheart and some master player that was just ganged up on because she's so good instead of an idiot who threw her game away repeatedly for a showmance with a potential future spree shooter.

Faustian Bargain fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 6, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mark won POV. Josh, Paul, and Christmas kind of wnat to try and convince him not to use it but they know that probably won't work.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Edit nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

POV was OTEV.

Christmas fired up about something Cody did. She offers to Josh to go up as a pawn because she thinks it would be funny, but Josh doesn't want to risk it. Josh and Christmas kind of whisper about Elena vs Jess and its hard to hear because people are in and out, but the impression I got was that they think Elena's not really an option anymore with the way things have played out. But not sure.

Elena salty about... something. Losing? I don't know. Elena's been mad for weeks.

They're going to try and convince Mark that not using the POV would be him truly showing them he's not with Jody and he's on the team the same way Christmas playing her Ring was. But that's not gonna happen.

Jess is breaking down a bit as the reality of things sink in. Cody's being pensive and bodyguarding her.

Josh throws out the "prove your trust" thing to Mark but he ain't going for it and he's using POV. He wants it not to cast doubts that he doesn't trust people though. Mark saying he tried to show Josh his number on some round where Josh had the wrong one and went out. Mark makes it sound like it was him and Jess in the F2 and Alex at 3 and he says he would have thrown it to Alex if he could have. Mark assures Josh that Cody is his target next week. Josh says he and Mark have had their problems and both "hosed up" but they apologize and talk it out and move on, but Cody can't do that. Mark says he doesn't trust Cody if he wins POV because he turned his back on him. He compares his relationship with Cody to Christmas/Jess. HA! Josh telling Mark about Elena lying about suggesting Paul going up. Mark says people play the game differently but Alex came to him a few weeks ago and Josh came to him and told him he was going up so he respects that. Mark loves Josh and everyone in the house and is so happy he made Jury. Josh says people are seeing Mark is separating himself from Jody and handled the block like a champ. Bro, brother. They're just blowing each other with lies endlessly at this stage.

Mark: I'm happy to call you a friend. And a loving cannoli.
Josh: We've always been friends. loving dickhead.

Cody cries under a blanket a little. Lots of silent staring in each other's eyes on JodyCam. Cody asks who needs to be next to Paul for him to go home. Jess says Alex to win POV and then Raven.

Elena breaks up the Mark/Josh love fest. Josh asks her why she's upset and assures her everything's good and Jess is going home. Elena says she has a migraine and it was a frustrating day. Elena leaves and Josh asks why she's so hard on herself and Mark acts like he doesn't care and insists he doesn't talk for her. Josh asks what their deal is and Mark says she wants distance and to stop their showmance and says he's sad. Mark tells Josh it was his fight with him that led to their breakup. He says it was all happening at the time which is why he snapped.

Jess is called to DR and walks her to it. He usually stands guard but he runs to the bathroom so I guess he had to go.

Josh: gently caress... we need to live with Cody in Jury. Fuuuuuuuck.
Mark: Hey, who knows how he'll change when Jess leaves. Maybe he'll be livable.

Josh trying to get Elena out of her funk. Elena saying she doesn't feel safe on the block. Josh says she hasn't eaten anything and she has to just pretend the slop is quinoa and drain it and he'll help if she doesn't know how. I'd blame Elena's behavior the last 2 weeks on the Have Nots but she was throwing a fit before that.

Cody's silently carving up chicken like its name is Josh in the kitchen. Raven makes some idle chit chat but he ignores her.

The HGs talk about Jess throwing a fit when she was eliminated and nearly hitting someone by throwing her thing.

Paul is holding court in HOH with Kevin, Mark, Alex, Jason, Christmas, and Josh. Josh was complaining about this earlier to Christmas and Alex and he's pretty quiet and doesn't seem super happy. Christmas told him to lock his door and I think he might start doing that soon.

Josh, Alex, Christmas, and Kevin wasting energy talking about the idea of Mark not using POV. Alex doesn't think he's a team player and says she wouldn't have used the POV if she was in that spot. Kev asks who Josh will put up in his place and Josh says probably Matt or Raven. Christmas and Alex think they shouldn't put up Raven "yet." They figure Matt will be game because he knows the votes are good.

Paul checking in on Elena and she's being cold and pissy. When she leaves Paul tells Mark she can't do that and Mark says she pulled away so its not his problem and she doesn't listen. Apparently it might have been Elena who threw the fit in OTEV. Mark again saying he tried to throw it to Josh, so he might have been towards the end. Sounds like the elimination order might have been Elena, Jess, Josh, Alex, Mark. Mark saying he needs to get control of his emotions and he turned a corner yesterday. Paul says he's doing a good job recovering but Elena is screwing up a great game position.

Christmas and Josh get left alone in HOH. They complain a little about how Mark is showing he doesn't trust them. Josh says he no one is going to want to go up and tells Christmas to stop volunteering because people are going to suggest her. Raven said "Christmas wants to go up as a pawn" and they're both pretty sore about it, say Raven jumps into everything, and are sick of her. But Christmas says to save her as a pawn down the road. I think that's mainly that they know Raven will hold a grudge and be drama. Josh still wants Elena to go. Christmas says if she hadn't used the Ring to take Cody down and he won it would have been Josh/Christmas vs the House. Josh is worried that Paul will tell Elena that she was the target. Christmas thinks its best to get Jess out so they can separate Elena from Cody. Christmas is really holding onto the hope that Mark can be talked into staying on the block to prove he's not with Cody. Christmas says Mark owes her a solid (I dunno). At some point Mark and Christmas are going to fight over this. Christmas says she's fine using the Ring because she met her first goal of making Jury and now its "game loving on." Christmas says Josh has a clear mind and knows what to do but he's a nice guy who second guesses himself and doesn't stand his ground becuase he's afraid of being a dick. She wants him to take a hard stand with Mark. Josh wants to go to Mark with the house but Christmas says that will make him look weak. "You know what you want." Christmas being very pushy. I THINK she's sincere with Josh but she's sorta pushing him towards making Mark an enemy again. Which might be deliberate to make sure Josh doesn't stray. I'm not sure. I'm suspicious of Christmas' motivations.

Ok, I got the OTEV situation figured out. Josh and Mark were at the end and Mark tried to throw it, but Josh second guessed the right answer and didn't go up the ramp. He was kicking himself but Christmas told him to move on.

They're enjoying a family dinner of chicken parm now. And Cody and Jess are there too being awkward in their own conversations staring into each other's eyes with their own chicken they cooked alone.

• Locked thread