Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Of course he will live, because plot. He shouldn't though because that Die Hard swim below the fire poo poo works only on the presumption that you aren't wearing a suit made of steel

They will probably make sure to put Jaime in the "next episode preview" just to make sure people know he isn't dead.

...Or they won't, to make people wonder. May be kind of fun to watch the internet agonize for a week over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Shneak posted:

I think I saw a smirk from her when she was watching the sparring.

Yeah I did too. She had one when Aria told her that most of the folks on her list were dead also.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yureina posted:

They will probably make sure to put Jaime in the "next episode preview" just to make sure people know he isn't dead.

...Or they won't, to make people wonder. May be kind of fun to watch the internet agonize for a week over it.

If they were gonna kill him then they wouldn't have knocked him into water instead of being blazed by fire. Thats just bad storytelli.......yeah, maybe he's dead.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Shneak posted:

I think I saw a smirk from her when she was watching the sparring.

Not really, Sansa walked off with her mouth open when it ended.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
People have been expressing their frustation with the show because of battle tactics/ teleporting cast/ writing and whatever, but the thing that is bothering me the most this season is this "reacting by not reacting" going on. To be fair, maybe it was always like this and i've never noticed before, but watching Kitt staring blank faced at Theon for a solid minute, the underwhelming Stark reunion and nobody giving a poo poo about a dragon soured me on the episode a little.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Personal_Nirvana posted:

soured me on the episode a little.

This is overwhelming praise coming from this thread. Anything above "This is the worst thing ever produced. The writers' families should be executed." is quite an achievement.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Let's all remember one of the best loving scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRY4Mpmfk1o

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
The show writers really do need to turn the rest of GoT in to a buddy-cop series. Arya/The Hound, Bronn/Tyrion, Brienne/Podrick and Jon/The Night King just getting in to a series of wacky adventures.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

grack posted:

The show writers really do need to turn the rest of GoT in to a buddy-cop series. Arya/The Hound, Bronn/Tyrion, Brienne/Podrick and Jon/The Night King just getting in to a series of wacky adventures.

Davos/Lyanna

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
:-)

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Goddamn I'm a softbodied goon but not so unfamiliar with the idea of physically doing stuff that I'd credit a fairly simple windmill kip up to CGI instead of a stunt double.

Anyone else noticed not one character has diabetes and walks with a cane? Do they just use CGI to airbrush the canes out, or?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

WampaLord posted:

Hahahaha, do you even watch fiction?

Unless we see a corpse, characters aren't dead.

Plus theres the whole resurrection thing

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bravos, day, the Iron Bank

*The Night King enters the Iron Bank with Jon, both look bewildered

Jon: Let me do the talking. They'll never give us the gold to save the Youth Center if you do the talking.
Night King: [stares]

*Tycho enters

Tycho: Welcome to the Iron Bank.
Jon: Thank you for meeting us, we're looking...
T: I know what you're looking for Jon Snow. You're planning on paying off the debt of the Youth Center's previous owners. We know all about your intentions.
NK: [stares]
Jon: Yes, we think that with the right...
T: Well you didn't think of one thing....Old Man Hasserfast has already bought out and shut down your Youth Center and is going to turn it into a private resort!
J: You can't do that! We have just as much right to this land as they do!
*Old Man Hasserfast enters with his son Todd
Todd: Face it Snow! You're done here! Done!
Jon: This isn;t fair at all!
NK: [stares]

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Why are there giant mesas near Kings Landing? You're going from not-France to not-Croatia, the only place that might have mesas in Westeros should be Dorne right?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Proposition Joe posted:

Why are there giant mesas near Kings Landing? You're going from not-France to not-Croatia, the only place that might have mesas in Westeros should be Dorne right?

loving christ

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Barreft posted:

loving christ

I don't think Jesus is canon for GoT or responsible for rock formations in Christianity either for that matter.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
One of the subtle things (or maybe not, I dunno how well people pay attention) the show has been implicating is that no matter who wins a lot of people are going to starve to death. Dany just torched the only decent food stock in Westeros. Well except probably Dorne but I feel like that place may as well not exist anymore.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Where is the confusion about LF giving Sansa to the boltons coming from? If he can curry favor with the family that will be ruling an enormous part of the country, he'd be real dumb not to use one of his trump cards, especially if Sansa is pretty worthless to the other players at the moment.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Proposition Joe posted:

You're going from one part of a fictional continent to another part of a fictional continent, the only place that might have mesas is wherever the gently caress they want.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Didn't they already use the super secret sewer entrance trick in Mireen or whatever? And in lord of the rings. And in a ton of other movies I can't think of right now

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo

drunken officeparty posted:

Didn't they already use the super secret sewer entrance trick in Mireen or whatever? And in lord of the rings. And in a ton of other movies I can't think of right now

The Rock comes to mind. It's definitely an overused gimmick.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Am i supposed to like any of the starks this season? Because goddamn the acting is badddddddddddddd

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why is Randal Tarley letting the Lannisters take all the food. Shouldnt he like..want that for his people? Isnt he in charge of that area now and responsible for the people there?

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

GoT had already used the sewer trick twice. Once in S2 when Davos smuggles Mel (and shadow baby) to Dragonstone, and again in S4 when Grey worm sneaks into Meereen.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

IncendiaC posted:

GoT had already used the sewer trick twice. Once in S2 when Davos smuggles Mel (and shadow baby) to Dragonstone, and again in S4 when Grey worm sneaks into Meereen.

Three times because tyrion leads the soldiers outside the walls to flank Stannis during blackwater

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
Bran creeping the gently caress out of everyone he comes across will never not be entertaining.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

meanolmrcloud posted:

Where is the confusion about LF giving Sansa to the boltons coming from?

Marrying off someone you "love" to a rapist sadist known for killing people on a whim is not a good way to woo said person's affection.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Let's all remember one of the best loving scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRY4Mpmfk1o

I really am looking forward to the Arya/The Hound reunion scene. The Hound needs to be in more episodes, eating chickens and calling people cunts.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Lionel Richie posted:

I did a little fist pump when Bronn got a shot in on Drogon, and I was all for Jaime on his suicide charge too. I'm not sure I watch this show correctly.

I think you are watching the show exactly as the creators intend it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Am i supposed to like any of the starks this season? Because goddamn the acting is badddddddddddddd

Bran is supposed to be a weird autist now. He's been exposed to too much at once with not enough training. He's just seeing and hearing the echoes of the past continuously.

Arya's doing fine. Sansa's fine.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Proposition Joe posted:

we've established the showrunners don't care about the books' geography or scale. They can put whatever features wherever they want.

I don't mind. If they're gonna have a goofy battle whose outcome is a foregone conclusion, at least they're having it in a sorta interesting-looking locale. Better than having it in a regular boring ol' grassland.

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Aug 5, 2017

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

WampaLord posted:

Marrying off someone you "love" to a rapist sadist known for killing people on a whim is not a good way to woo said person's affection.

Yeah I think you're conflating Sansa's idea of love with Littlefinger's idea of love. His idea of 'love' seems to be that he thinks something is 'precious'. He certainly doesn't care about sex at all except for whether it gets him money and/or power.

It's real creepy.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Even then, giving something "precious" to someone who's definitely going to ruin it(oh god this sentence is grossing me out) seems like a weird move.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah even if Ramsey was honestly a standup guy who would have treated Sansa well, Littlefinger sending his most precious political chip to the Boltons made zero sense. By Littlefinger's own admission, Sansa is/was the key to the North. Why wouldn't he marry her himself, use his recently acquired loyal Vale Knights to go reclaim her birthright and install her as Queen/Warden of the North, and then have both the North and the Vale in his pocket? Plus he'd get to bang his replacement for Cat as a bonus.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Sydin posted:

Yeah even if Ramsey was honestly a standup guy who would have treated Sansa well, Littlefinger sending his most precious political chip to the Boltons made zero sense. By Littlefinger's own admission, Sansa is/was the key to the North. Why wouldn't he marry her himself, use his recently acquired loyal Vale Knights to go reclaim her birthright and install her as Queen/Warden of the North, and then have both the North and the Vale in his pocket? Plus he'd get to bang his replacement for Cat as a bonus.

That's probably what he does in Winds of Winter.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

That's probably what he does in Winds of Winter.

In the books he explicitly ruled out marrying/loving Sansa himself and plans to marry her to Harry the Heir. It has to be said that he is much more self-aware in the books, where he recognizes the fact that everyone sees him as a ruthless schemer and sees the value of having public support - in contrast to the show where he seems to think that backstabbing a popular ruler makes you the next popular ruler... then again, that seems to be the rule in the show.

Sydin posted:

I read somewhere that they wrote season 5 as they were filming, so maybe they planed on having LF ride in to aid Stannis and rescue Sansa, which would have made at least some sense, but changed their mind for reasons unknown. It's like the Arya in Braavos plot, which too could have ended a season early, but didn't.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Aug 5, 2017

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Who, at this point, got Valyrian steel weapons apart from Brienne and Arya?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Bates posted:

Who, at this point, got Valyrian steel weapons apart from Brienne and Arya?

Jaime has Widow's Wail, Sam has Heartsbane, Jon has Longclaw.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i was hoping they'd intercept the gold but lol i remembered they cut down both seasons tremendously can't have any political intrigue and poo poo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

i was hoping they'd intercept the gold but lol i remembered they cut down both seasons tremendously can't have any political intrigue and poo poo.

the tits budget is obviously lower than previous seasons as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

etalian posted:

the tits budget is obviously lower than previous seasons as well.

You'd think they would just jam it full of cheap, bargain bin tits to keep the audience enthralled, but noooooo.

• Locked thread