Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I know McMaster and Mattis are supposed to be generally decent human beings, but what's the general opinion on Kelly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pants Donkey posted:

Sarcasm or the first time :tinsley: has been compared to Canardo?
Yes.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Technowolf posted:

I know McMaster and Mattis are supposed to be generally decent human beings, but what's the general opinion on Kelly?

ICE Thug.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

it's not sarcasm, first time I've seen it, sorry friends :ohdear:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dork457 posted:

Wow how is this the first time this has come up when discussing Tinsley in this thread?

The first time in this year's thread. A quick search shows it was brought up in 2015 and 2016, though.

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

No fascist! No fascist! You're the fascist!
Not immediately falling in line and unquestioningly obeying dear leader: The real fascism.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/893571936281923584

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's the term for, like, "My enemies hate it, so it must be good!"

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

New Toby Morris:

The rest

lost old man
Nov 4, 2009

I AM HUNGER.
I FEED.

Two non smoking areas. Truly centrists are the smartest people in the room.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

"Being a Spiteful Piece of poo poo"

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Ur-Fascism.

:umberto: posted:

To people who feel deprived of a clear social identity, Ur-Fascism says that their only privilege is the most common one, to be born in the same country. This is the origin of nationalism. Besides, the only ones who can provide an identity to the nation are its enemies. Thus at the root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot, possibly an international one. The followers must feel besieged. The easiest way to solve the plot is the appeal to xenophobia. But the plot must also come from the inside: Jews are usually the best target because they have the advantage of being at the same time inside and outside. In the US, a prominent instance of the plot obsession is to be found in Pat Robertson’s The New World Order, but, as we have recently seen, there are many others.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

"Modern Republicanism"

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Ben Garrison is yet another in a long long line of idiots who think "manly" is something defined by others and immobile, that to be "manly" has a single definition. In their tiny world you can be true to yourself, confident, stand up against terrible odds, weather any storm, be a rock in a sea of storms and STILL not be "manly" because you're not wearing the "manly" uniform created decades ago by Hollywood writers and movie makers.
It reminds me of my favorite quote of all time by C.S. Lewis: “When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

In other words Ben Garrison is pathetic.

Now I want Gentle Ben to become the new Zyklon Ben.

Perhaps you could say...make it so. :v:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Did people really burnt their steaks and ate them with ketchup in solidarity with the president or was that only a joke?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Abyssal Squid posted:

"Being a Spiteful Piece of poo poo"
For animal behavior studies spiteful is indeed the term to use.

As in, actions that screw you too but you do them anyway because you want to hurt your opponent that much.

edit: as for Tinsley and the dog shelter, I interpreted his earlier cartoons as hateful of dog shelters because he used the same kind of jokes as he does with other things he hates...which is almost everything he ever talks about. Except old dogs, I guess?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 4, 2017

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

lelandjs posted:

I remember when Bennett would have drawn the comic that Darren drew.

But the message isn't spelled out in letters that fell off

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

I know I've seen other cartoons in this thread use this gag before, but I still love it every time. This one's especially good because you don't even notice it at first.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Lurdiak posted:

Claiming that anyone criticizing you must secretly be an enemy of yours from 1999 is straight up insane person behavior.
Oh my god....

DARE IS REALLY TED RALL!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

King Superman posted:

I know I've seen other cartoons in this thread use this gag before, but I still love it every time. This one's especially good because you don't even notice it at first.

It's reminiscent of an old one of Payne's about Reagan, back when he put serious effort into his work.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Le Lievre:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

lost old man posted:

the centrists are getting that sweet sweet second-hand smoke tho

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: as for Tinsley and the dog shelter, I interpreted his earlier cartoons as hateful of dog shelters because he used the same kind of jokes as he does with other things he hates...which is almost everything he ever talks about. Except old dogs, I guess?

It's more likely that snark is the only way he's capable of talking about things, even something he's trying to promote, like (uugghhh) getting an adorable dog he (unwillingly!) sympathizes with deeply (better than talking to liberals, amirite?).

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

lost old man posted:

:golfclap:

This really made me chuckle deeply.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, remember this cartoon?

Apparently it's getting some use in right-wing sites... with a slight modification:

quote:

The provocative right-wing blogger and activist Mike Cernovich has launched a sustained attack on McMaster, including setting up a website called McMasterLeaks.com. When it launched, the main page displayed a large cartoon of the Rothschilds controlling a George Soros puppet, which in turn controlled puppets representing McMaster and former CIA director David Petraeus. (The hand labeled “Rothschilds” has since been relabeled “Saudis.” Cernovich told me he changed it because complaints about the cartoon’s anti-Semitism are “not a hill to die on,” and “if everybody wants to complain, then fine—I’ll just put the Saudis at the top.”)

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/536046/

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
"Eh, the Jews, the Moslems, same difference. Ooga booga!"

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SexyBlindfold posted:

"Eh, the Jews, the Moslems, same difference. Ooga booga!"

Well considering nazis just swapped one for the other as the new minority religion to commit genocide upon.....

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DaveWoo posted:

So, remember this cartoon?

Apparently it's getting some use in right-wing sites... with a slight modification:

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/536046/

That sounds suspiciously like political correctness! :monocle:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
*trying to calm rabble* Gentlemen, gentlemen, please! There are plenty of ethnicities to blame. I'm sure we can come up with an appropriately dastardly and/or swarthy compromise.

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

Pakled posted:

That sounds suspiciously like political correctness! :monocle:

Much like his spiritual liege in the White House Cernovich is an amoral shyster who knows that there's a fine line between feeding red meat to the crowd and being an overt anti-Semite.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Can I ask for context for this comic? I know nothing about Australia and robots.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

toanoradian posted:

Can I ask for context for this comic? I know nothing about Australia and robots.
It's an illustration for a comment piece on jobs vs. robots.
Ross Gittins, "Jobs being taken by robots? Where's your evidence?", http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/jobs-being-taken-by-robots-wheres-your-evidence-20170804-gxpcdk.html

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

quote:

“Sigh. The money you owe ad tax is tax money - public money. Youvarecstealingnfrom the public in EXACTLY the same way. ” — tie a knot in it

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I know this is a fine point, but Trump isn't a liar, because that requires knowing and caring what the truth is. He's a bullshitter, which is far worse.

There's been cartoons giving him a toilet for a mouth, but that just says he says cusses. Have there been any cartoons that give him a bull's rear end for a face?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The other day I was reminded of Peter sellers' Inspector Clousou: Sellers stated that Clousou knew deep inside that he was a buffoon.
I believe that Trump's behaviour has always been in attempt to prove to himself that he is not the buffoon he knows he is.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

loquacius posted:

Tay was a complete success from a scientific perspective. I will die on this hill. :colbert: Essentially, it was a learning algorithm whose knowledge-base was entirely composed of Twitter trolls, and it successfully learned how to be a fantastic and convincing Twitter troll. The only reason it got taken down was that having a Nazi robot was bad PR. If I were Microsoft Research I'd have given the algorithm a new, anonymous Twitter account immediately without telling anyone, and I'd bet money that's exactly what they did.

I'd like to put forward that Tay the twitter AI has become Tei the SA AI. Microsoft knows what an AI made by 4chan trolls are now and they want to see what an SA AI would look like.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Really? The New Deal? I guess the rich were never richer than during the Great Depression.

• Locked thread