Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Rappaport posted:

Mel Gibson is a beautiful man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murderist
Aug 30, 2013
Audrey is my favorite original tv show character and I loving hated her scene in the last episode but I was expecting the worst for her character and that's what I got and I accept it because David Lynch does disempowerment and I'm mainly annoyed that she's stuck in a nagging wife role that has shown up in Twin Peaks repeatedly.

But any of you FUCKS AT IT AGAIN who have used the word "midget" in this thread are true fuckos. Replace that poo poo with any other slur, race or gender or ethnicity or body-based and think about how it sits in your rotten loving guts. Fucks.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Murderist posted:

Audrey is my favorite original tv show character and I loving hated her scene in the last episode but I was expecting the worst for her character and that's what I got and I accept it because David Lynch does disempowerment and I'm mainly annoyed that she's stuck in a nagging wife role that has shown up in Twin Peaks repeatedly.

But any of you FUCKS AT IT AGAIN who have used the word "midget" in this thread are true fuckos. Replace that poo poo with any other slur, race or gender or ethnicity or body-based and think about how it sits in your rotten loving guts. Fucks.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Murderist posted:

Quit talking like a midget

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

A thread full of Chads, funny via the lafftrack in their heads. Everyone else just smells their poo poo.

Peacoffee fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 5, 2017

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AaidT7PCkQ&t=49s

The actor doesn't even have dwarfism. He is neither a dwarf nor a little person nor a midget. He is fairly short though and very, very sleepy.

Murderist
Aug 30, 2013
Well that makes it okay, then, to refer to him as a midget and debate how being married to him would be an aberration.

Hey remember when the creator of this tv series said some people should "fix their hearts or die"?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Murderist posted:

Audrey is my favorite original tv show character

lol

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lynch also supports Roman Polanski. So, you know, win some lose some.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Murderist posted:

Well that makes it okay, then, to refer to him as a midget and debate how being married to him would be an aberration.

Hey remember when the creator of this tv series said some people should "fix their hearts or die"?

I'm with you on the word midget, but good luck getting the something awful of today to care about ableism at all.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Murderist posted:

Well that makes it okay, then, to refer to him as a midget

C'mon man, basic reading comprehension:

And More posted:

nor a midget

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

I'm with you on the word midget, but good luck getting the something awful of today to care about ableism at all.

To be fair, it was also the SomethingAwful of before too.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Solice Kirsk posted:

To be fair, it was also the SomethingAwful of before too.

Sa was doing OK for a minute before lowtax remembered it existed

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Maybe he's not a midget because when he and Audrey got married he evolved into a Midgeotto

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Out of curiosity, just what is the current socially acceptable term for people with that particular physical abnormality?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
little person

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CJacobs posted:

Maybe he's not a midget because when he and Audrey got married he evolved into a Midgeotto
Holy gently caress ahahahaha

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Apple Craft posted:

Out of curiosity, just what is the current socially acceptable term for people with that particular physical abnormality?

I'm no doctor but I think it's person.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Breadallelogram posted:

Every cast member is beautiful.

James is beautiful. James has always been beautiful.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Apple Craft posted:

Not "midget" is the easiest answer here. I'mma go with "Sleepy."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not "midget" is the easiest answer here. I'mma go with "Sleepy."

:stare:

This loving thread, my god

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I love every part of this show so much and I also like kaworu's posts. Fix your hearts or die.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

This. The most common disorders among little people are clinically called dwarfisms, but you wouldn't call them dwarves. They ask to be called little people and generally you should call people what they want.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

This. The most common disorders among little people are clinically called dwarfisms, but you wouldn't call them dwarves. They ask to be called little people and generally you should call people what they want.

I go with "smaller person" if I have to specify. It's super rare that I ever have to, but I think that's easier in general.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Solice Kirsk posted:

I go with "smaller person" if I have to specify. It's super rare that I ever have to, but I think that's easier in general.

I believe that's not preferred because it makes it sound like you're comparing them to a tall person unfavorably.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Here's an informative exchange between Roger Ebert and Danny Woodburn on the topic.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

cis autodrag posted:

I believe that's not preferred because it makes it sound like you're comparing them to a tall person unfavorably.

Well what the gently caress does little person mean then

But yes just call people what they ask to be called and don't be a dick about it

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Breadallelogram posted:

But yes just call people what they ask to be called and don't be a dick about it

So, who's gonna bite the bullet and ask Clark Middleton what he wants to be called? (Let's not forget that he doesn't actually have dwarfism, he's just got arthritis.)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mean, probably just like, a person, then.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Escobarbarian posted:

I mean, probably just like, a person, then.

A very short, sleepy person?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

What does Wee Man like to be called

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i believe peter dinklage prefers dwarf if you gotta or rather human being and he hated it because he would always get cast in weird dreams scenes. which brings me on to the topic of audrey is still in the coma due the complete lack of later/post 90's technology and being married to a human being.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

el oso posted:

I love every part of this show so much and I also like kaworu's posts. Fix your hearts or die.

Ditto

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Lynch also supports Roman Polanski. So, you know, win some lose some.

What a garbage person

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Remember that drugged out mom and her little boy in Vegas? I wonder what their deal is.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cromulent posted:

Remember that drugged out mom and her little boy in Vegas? I wonder what their deal is.

1-1-9. Think that really says it all, you know?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/SparkMiddleton/status/893566859613700096

get hyped, please.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
'mother' is sarah palmer's doppelganger calling it

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

I'm pretty sure it's deliberate, but this does feel more like FWWM than the original show and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cliffy
Apr 12, 2002

The Audrey scene is this episode's dougie rape scene.