Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Like that one Deviantart thing with the My Little Pony edited into Schindler's List where some broke-brained nerd actually said 'I understand the Holocaust now'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Oh, dear. That is the face of a man who didn't quite read his contract carefully enough.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Macaluso posted:

They saw what Spongebob and Zootopia did and thought they'd give it a try (spoiler: it didn't work)

Kid cartoons inserted into inappropriate movies would make a great Photoshop thread.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Detective No. 27 posted:

Kid cartoons inserted into inappropriate movies would make a great Photoshop thread.

I'm not sure anything can beat Tom and Jerry in The Shining.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bimmi posted:

Oh, dear. That is the face of a man who didn't quite read his contract carefully enough.

Honestly, they've all got a bit of the thousand-yard-stare going in that picture. But, hell, I don't blame them. I can only imagine the ridiculous paycheques they all got for this.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
He probably spent more time being sweaty and miserable at that promo event than he did recording his lines. But again, would that I should suffer so for a handy 5-figure payday.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Phylodox posted:

Honestly, they've all got a bit of the thousand-yard-stare going in that picture. But, hell, I don't blame them. I can only imagine the ridiculous paycheques they all got for this.

the only two that looked happy is the two fashion disasters in the middle.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Detective No. 27 posted:

It already exists, it's called teefury.com

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phylodox posted:

It looks like TJ Miller, Christina Aguilera and Anna Faris got high as hell beforehand and everyone else is really annoyed that they didn't think of doing that as well. Steven Wright looks like he's trying to kill himself through sheer willpower, he's given up on life.

James Corden looks unhappy to be there. I don't think I've ever seen James Corden look unhappy about anything ever, I didn't think it was possible.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
TJ Miller looks like he's having a great time until you zoom in on his face. Then you see his eyes. He's dead inside. That's why Gwen Steffani is wearing sunglasses.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The super articulated Revoltech Zootopia figures you wanted are finally being made.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

The_Doctor posted:

The super articulated Revoltech Zootopia figures you wanted are finally being made.

Nick is a real articulate fella

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

my friend learned this weekend that I had never seen The Lego Movie, so she sat me down to watch it.

God drat it was awesome, I take it Lego Batman is out on blu-ray now?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yep. LEGO Batman is very different but also extremely good, I actually like it better despite reviling Batman (in general, not the LEGO one).

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Batmen am i right??

Batmen are from mars, catwomen are from venus

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'll have you know that Batmen are from Zurr-En-Arr

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Batmen am i right??

Batmen are from mars, catwomen are from venus

Who keeps giving you that terrible AV?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

LeJackal posted:

Who keeps giving you that terrible AV?

One particular jokester in GBS :\

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Pick posted:

Yep. LEGO Batman is very different but also extremely good, I actually like it better despite reviling Batman (in general, not the LEGO one).

reviling Batman? As in everything about Batman, including the Bat-family, or just singled out to Bruce Wayne

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Like superhero stuff generally, I hate it.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I took my brother to see Lego Batman and nearly died laughing when he whispered to me half-way through "why is Batman like this"

He never saw Lego Movie and I completely forgot.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They really lucked out by not having Robin in the Lego Movie.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Between Emmet and Wyldstyle the role would be pretty redundant.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yes. But I mean that they lucked out by not even giving a Robin a cameo because it gave them the entire plot for the spin-off movie.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

I didn't need money anyway

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I watched LEGO Movie one night when I was deliriously feverish and it's got this kind of fever-high memory in the sense that I only remember bits and pieces from it, and I kind of love that about it. I should probably re-watch it at some point to actually.. yaknow.. understand the plot and whatnot.

Phylodox posted:

On Jaws: The Revenge, Caine said "I have never seen the film, but by all accounts it was terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jul 31, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REkk9SCRn0

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Next year, Batman: The Animated Series will be as old (26) as the Adam West show was when BTAS premiered.

LoseHound
Nov 10, 2012

I want to say something snarky about animated shorts with gay umbrellas and volcanoes, but nah. This is cute and I'm glad it exists.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

awgh gently caress

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Saw the new Lion King transfer in the theater today. Gorgeous, but either the original has a lot more digital effects and blurry/less defined painting in the backgrounds or they messed with some stuff for this. I know the whole movie is digitally painted, but I didn't remember it looking this computer-y. Also they really muddled down the infamous "SFX" part. And no Morning Report song.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Unmature posted:

And no Morning Report song.

So that's a plus?

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

how long and where

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I want those and also a Lionheart and a dancing and/or cop tiger figure :3

Aladdin
Feb 16, 2011

What's with budding romance like every animated feature/short always being a shy meepish thin/lanky white dude

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
There's not a lot of drama in the premise of 'does this character manage to convey their feelings' if they aren't shy. Also, "write what you know".

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Especially looks like they're middle school students, which is utterly hell even for the bold - get shot down? You're a laughingstock, get shot down while being gay? Very good chance of getting the poo poo beaten out of you while the teacher walks by pretending not to notice.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I finally got around to Ernest and Celestine.

That was a really cute movie! Not at all familiar with the book series, though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Aladdin posted:

What's with budding romance like every animated feature/short always being a shy meepish thin/lanky white dude

Because there has to be something to complain about I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
So a while ago, the Rembrant films 'un-released' The Hobbit from 1966 was posted in gen chat, so I'm gonna post it here as well as a link to Rembrandt's website, because it's something of a treasure trove of low budget animations. The selection is really diverse, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBnVL1Y2src

http://rembrandtfilms.com/rembrandtanimation.html