Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

i cant even imagine the internal meltdown nick must be having that hes now on the level of a jontron, sargon, ian miles cheong, etc lmao

thats gotta fuckin suckkkkkkk

Don't forget noted scumbags moopy, beachpoopy and the whizz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
What I'm saying is I don't play video games

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

Don't forget noted scumbags moopy, beachpoopy and the whizz

Let's not get crazy here. Nobody's as bad as the whizz

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Drunkboxer posted:

What I'm saying is I don't play video games

If there's a camera anywhere near your video game console, you're officially a sex crime.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Oof... read through the last like, 800 posts in here and Jeeeeesus. My first selfish reaction is that it really sucks that an integral part of some of my favorite internet things is 99% definitely a sack of poo poo. But it really makes me feel bad for Griffin :( . I've had to cut ties with friends over revelations that they were, the whole time, the worst, and it suuuucks. I wish he and Justin and everyone at Polygon the best in dealing with their friend and coworker revealing himself to be a sentient nutsack.

And of course, even that is secondary to whatever has actually happened to the victims themselves. (Hopefully that goes without saying, though).

Ugh, what a loving lovely thread to wake up to today. It's dumb but wish I could just give out hugs to so many people :smith:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Is there any actual evidence that Nick has done anything other than some vague tweets from people?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Most people think there's stuff that's been shown to specific people, but not the public because victims are afraid of weird internet assholes. I would like more proof than that but it's probably got some weight.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Is there any actual evidence that Nick has done anything other than some vague tweets from people?

Here's the timeline as I see it:

1. Drunkboxer notices there's like a billion posts in the mbmbam thread

2. He skips to the last post, and gets pretty confused so he randomly reads a few earlier pages and gets more confused

3. He hunts for vague tweets but only finds ones about some game he's never heard of

4. He passes out on the couch

5. Nick Robinson dick pix?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

Probably. Will you get to see it, random unconnected internet person? Probably not.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

So just how many times does this tweet or others like it need to be linked here

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/893649472114368513

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Biggest Zag of 'em all, Nick heel turn.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Probably. Will you get to see it, random unconnected internet person? Probably not.

Can't wait to see that nick-dick

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

PostNouveau posted:

So there's like an opening for fourth McElroy brother? Time to polish the ol' resume.

This is what got Nick in trouble in the first place dude

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Veib posted:

As much as I like Griffin, if you don't want to give people evidence then maybe don't make a public accusation and just keep it all private while you hash it out with the people involved? It seems super, super weird to me to just leave a sick burn about his apparent sexual misconduct but then turn around and say that no, you can't possibly give the actual information about it all and then watch as the internet runs wild with it all and spins "He was a creep over twitter" into "He's a rapist with a wife!"

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
im a subtweet and nick is my daddyDM

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Veib posted:

I think wanting evidence of serious allegations is pretty reasonable.

Sorry Griffin, you and I have to disagree on this.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

im sure griffin's going to take that really hard :(

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Actually it's about evidence in horny DM journalism

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

If the people providing evidence wouldn't be immediately harassed again, maybe that would be OK. It's great that you live in a bubble where you think it won't happen. Sorry that no one wants to satisfy Judge Nitrousoxide.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
What is 'soft boy culture'?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Is this what that giant bomb thread is like?

Edit: also,

Jippa posted:

Enrique Meridian
Mar 29, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

i think he'll get over it, dude

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You don't need the evidence because you aren't the one investigating it. There are people doing that who will release their findings when they have a statement in due time.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I plan on spending the rest of my day being very flustered by this news

Practically verklempt

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Jippa posted:

You know those lovely twitters that talk about Doggos in a baby voice? 50% pedos

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Whatever happened to Phil Kollar, the hearthstonerz videos were good

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
What's 'soft boy couture'?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

What's 'soft boy couture'?

It's a recurring feature of Griffin's Nuzlocke run.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

myron cope posted:

Whatever happened to Phil Kollar, the hearthstonerz videos were good

Don't think Griffin ever said anything but he did have a really bad time in the last Hearthstone video he did. Phil was on holiday so he got Russ (I think, not going to look it up) who doesn't seem as knowledgeable, it was the last boss battle of the new adventure and it turns into an hour long video of Griffin just slogging through this fight. At the end he just seems thoroughly done with HS. Then I think Griffin was also just really busy in general since he had loads of video series ongoing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
On the Nick+Griffin shows, they usually acted more gentle and quiet compared to abrasive and brash video game show hosts, and Griffin would occasionally refer to Nick as his sweet sweet boy. Fan feedback created a loop where they would be goofier and sweeter on the shows. Sadly it seems Nick was just a bad dude who abused his screen persona, brother's fame, and his relationship with Vox to be a loving creep.

I feel bad for the women involved, I feel bad for Griffin and Justin, and more selfishly, I'm at a loss since like 2/3 of my video game viewing content featured Nick Robinson.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

On the Nick+Griffin shows, they usually acted more gentle and quiet compared to abrasive and brash video game show hosts, and Griffin would occasionally refer to Nick as his sweet sweet boy. Fan feedback created a loop where they would be goofier and sweeter on the shows. Sadly it seems Nick was just a bad dude who abused his screen persona, brother's fame, and his relationship with Vox to be a loving creep.

I feel bad for the women involved, I feel bad for Griffin and Justin, and more selfishly, I'm at a loss since like 2/3 of my video game viewing content featured Nick Robinson.

Yeah. It was a really appealing persona. I don't think this is an indictment of that kind of style, male hosts who reinvent the traditional "yelling guy calling things bitch with a facecam" are imo a really good thing, and there's a reason Nick and Griffin's content had such a huge following from demographics who are normally repelled by Video Game Playthrough Men. It's just a terrible shame that Nick was a scuzzball putting on an act.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Android Blues posted:

It's just a terrible shame that Nick was a scuzzball putting on an act.

I think it's a reach to assume he was putting on an act. His flaws don't make everything else about him automatically insincere.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Nuebot posted:

As much as I like Griffin, if you don't want to give people evidence then maybe don't make a public accusation and just keep it all private while you hash it out with the people involved? It seems super, super weird to me to just leave a sick burn about his apparent sexual misconduct but then turn around and say that no, you can't possibly give the actual information about it all and then watch as the internet runs wild with it all and spins "He was a creep over twitter" into "He's a rapist with a wife!"

lmao

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Yeah, the moral of this is that vigilance is required and that the socially evolving corners of the games community still have snakes hidden in the grass; not that every Internet personality who opts for inclusive humor and "games are toys to play with" optimism is secretly a predatory pervert. It's another good reminder that comedy/video/games/comics/etc still isn't a 100% safe space for non Straight White Dudes and women especially, and that culture makes it so that victims of harassment or predatory misconduct in these spaces are still afraid to come out in the open

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Enrique Meridian posted:

i think he'll get over it, dude

Nah, this is the straw that breaks the camel's back

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Clair de Lune just came on Classic FM and I realised with sadness in my heart that there is a thin chance this incident has forever tainted Clair de Lune for me.

thexerox123 posted:

I think it's a reach to assume he was putting on an act. His flaws don't make everything else about him automatically insincere.

He was definitely not projecting, "yeah, I'm the sort of person who sexually harasses and intimidates women". As far as I'm concerned if you do that, any other positive thing you do or say or think is always going to be under a deep, corrosive pall.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

quadrophrenic posted:

my important question: why does everyone keep saying "ben and kessler"

shouldn't it be "ben and matt" or "pack and kessler"

kessler is just kessler always has been always will be

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

thebardyspoon posted:

Don't think Griffin ever said anything but he did have a really bad time in the last Hearthstone video he did. Phil was on holiday so he got Russ (I think, not going to look it up) who doesn't seem as knowledgeable, it was the last boss battle of the new adventure and it turns into an hour long video of Griffin just slogging through this fight. At the end he just seems thoroughly done with HS. Then I think Griffin was also just really busy in general since he had loads of video series ongoing.

frushstick ruins everything

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis

Android Blues posted:

Clair de Lune just came on Classic FM and I realised with sadness in my heart that there is a thin chance this incident has forever tainted Clair de Lune for me.

He was definitely not projecting, "yeah, I'm the sort of person who sexually harasses and intimidates women". As far as I'm concerned if you do that, any other positive thing you do or say or think is always going to be under a deep, corrosive pall.

Car Boys was a great intro into the return to the "games as toys" mentality, which is super healthy for the hobby as a whole for both consumer and developer. Susan Crushbone was weirdly on the way to becoming something of a memetic tongue-in-cheek-but-maybe-not trans icon. All of it, now, tainted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Who's next I wonder? Probably videogamedunkey, he seems kind of on thin ice already. Then maybe James Rolfe.