Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The boss of the Trial of Ascendancy just killed me for the second time on what I assume is his final form, so I have to start it over again for the 3rd time :gonk: I haven't even died before this, he hits really goddamn hard.

E: Also, most of the cosmetic stuff I see people running around with looks really cool, but right now in town there's a little megaman looking thing and it looks ridiculously out of place. Why the hell is it there when everything else seems to fit so well with the general visual theme of the game?

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Izaro ain't nothing to gently caress with, but he's also probably the first fight your going up against where you're expected to learn how to do the fight (when to dodge and whatnot) versus just being able to tank your way through it with flasks.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Better than normal skeletons? I'm planning on doing them with spectres and a queen's escape. What gem links do you do for them?

Also apparently Dark Pact can PK your party members

You can also kill things like elreon totems

Max grief mode enabled

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
can i get an invite: Taylora

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Bardeh posted:

The boss of the Trial of Ascendancy just killed me for the second time on what I assume is his final form, so I have to start it over again for the 3rd time :gonk: I haven't even died before this, he hits really goddamn hard.

E: Also, most of the cosmetic stuff I see people running around with looks really cool, but right now in town there's a little megaman looking thing and it looks ridiculously out of place. Why the hell is it there when everything else seems to fit so well with the general visual theme of the game?

The first two fights will have something you can do to make the last fight easier. You may want to read up on this for Izaro's stages: http://www.poelab.com/izaro-and-phases/ This is also a good time to start learning how to dodge the boss' big attacks, because that's going to be an important skill going forward.

Don't feel bad about skipping the Normal Labyrinth and coming back to it later. It was normal to go on to at least Act 4 Normal before coming back and tackling the Labyrinth. Now, you have until the end of Act 5 to come back and do the Labyrinth easily. (You get a resistance debuff at the end of Act 5 that sticks with you now.)

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the tips guys. I ended up getting him on the 3rd try by the skin of my teeth by managing to avoid most of his attacks (apart from the ranged ones because gently caress, I leap away to avoid the melee attack and then he shoots orbs at me). What could I have done in the first two phases to make the 3rd one easier?

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Bardeh posted:

Thanks for the tips guys. I ended up getting him on the 3rd try by the skin of my teeth by managing to avoid most of his attacks (apart from the ranged ones because gently caress, I leap away to avoid the melee attack and then he shoots orbs at me). What could I have done in the first two phases to make the 3rd one easier?

That really depends on what they are. The layout changes each day. Usually it involves killing or touching whatever adds pop up out of the floor. I use http://www.poelab.com/ to see what the layout is like and what phases are up when I plan to go in. Today's normal lab shows idols and conduits. For the idols, throw some damage their way every once in a while so they don't regen to full. If they do fill up, they'll drop the fields that the Bearer Bloodlines mobs will drop on death. And if they do that in their fight, they'll do that in the last fight, too. On the conduits, I think they come out of the floor kneeling, and you have to touch them before they stand fully upright, or else they'll give Izaro an elemental bonus to his attacks.

The idea is you can make the last Izaro fight more difficult for more treasure keys in the last room, or you can play it safer if you're just trying to get your ascendancy points. Sometimes in the labyrinth you'll find items that will disable one of the doohickys in the next Izaro fight to make dealing with him earlier. That's what the circles on the map show.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ah I see. I got 2 keys at the end, no idea if I disabled any of that stuff. I just seemed as if there were a crapload of skellie adds and loads of different coloured circles on the floor. Anyway, onto Act 4!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bardeh posted:

Really curious what set you mean

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Soothing Vapors posted:

Really curious what set you mean

Probably that garena pet

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lmao

matteo
Dec 16, 2008
so are they going to start spamming their promotion for some new gambling boxes every 2 minutes this weekend?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
So...dark pact without skeletons.

Chaos Ice Nova that steals your life?

Sure looks that way. Maybe it's more interesting when played off skeletons.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

zxqv8 posted:

So...dark pact without skeletons.

Chaos Ice Nova that steals your life?

Sure looks that way. Maybe it's more interesting when played off skeletons.

The life of your party members :q:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
If you were able to start fresh having not played this game in years which character would you run knowing you might burn out ~50 hours in?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Stupid newbie question:

Do 'Spell Support Totem' totems gain the benefit of other Support gems?

Example; Frostbolt + Controlled Destruction + Totem?

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Stupid newbie question:

Do 'Spell Support Totem' totems gain the benefit of other Support gems?

Example; Frostbolt + Controlled Destruction + Totem?

Yep

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

matteo posted:

so are they going to start spamming their promotion for some new gambling boxes every 2 minutes this weekend?

I thought its monday?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Rad, for some reason I thought Spell Totem Support made it so only things which directly effected totems added to them :downs:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Sab669 posted:

Rad, for some reason I thought Spell Totem Support made it so only things which directly effected totems added to them :downs:

Nope! Almost any combination that you can self-cast is also totem-castable, assuming it has space for the totem gem of course.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Still got any room for invites? Can ProblematicBae get one?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jusupov posted:

Probably that garena pet

Yeah that was it. What the gently caress is it doing in the game?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Bardeh posted:

It was a promotion for the Russian servers of the game, made by the Asian company to appeal to ????.

It was originally only on those servers. Then GGG let people transfer, and they transferred with their lovely pet.

See :anime:.

e: Apparently you are logging in from Europe because it's basically impossible to see that pet in NA from what I'm reading online.

ee: Also yeah Russia.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 5, 2017

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Bardeh posted:

The Russian servers used to be outsourced to another company, and that pet is what its logo looked like. When the Russian servers got merged into the rest, the microtransactions came with them.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I want to play this again but I don't particularly want to deal with poe.trade :(

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is there some way to import to the in-game build planner?

I hate constantly alt tabbing back and forth to keep track of a build. Then I stop playing for a week and forget what it was.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

I want to play this again but I don't particularly want to deal with poe.trade :(

Play SSF?

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Click solo self found when you create a character, be smug about it forever after. Just not in guild chat.

quote:

If you were able to start fresh having not played this game in years which character would you run knowing you might burn out ~50 hours in?
Sunder for melee gently caress you concussion waves of pain (also massively overpowered(most fun way to play I find))
Frostbolt or Fireball for a 'proper' classic ARPG spellcaster
Firestorm for oh I didn't really want to pay attention I just wanted to win
any Minion build for oh I didn't really want to pay attention and remembering D2 necromancers
Scorching ray for oh this spell is obscene at all levels, hahaa pyromaniacy

The only good archer is a twinked archer :(
edit: by good I mean speed running easy life, playing an archer is fine just not spectacular until geared

Jessant fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 5, 2017

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Poe trade is almost robotic when I use it. Maybe I miss the landmines of stubborn hagglers by moving on when they don't immediately accept.

Also ssf-ing myself this league so far :birddrugs:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rookersh posted:

It was a promotion for the Russian servers of the game, made by the Asian company to appeal to ????.

It was originally only on those servers. Then GGG let people transfer, and they transferred with their lovely pet.

See :anime:.

e: Apparently you are logging in from Europe because it's basically impossible to see that pet in NA from what I'm reading online.

ee: Also yeah Russia.

I'm playing on the Singapore gateway, so I guess it was an ex-Garena player? It's hilarious how bad and jarring it looks

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bardeh posted:

I'm playing on the Singapore gateway, so I guess it was an ex-Garena player? It's hilarious how bad and jarring it looks
Yes, Garena operated there too - it is a Singaporean company after all.

blackteapot
Jan 26, 2006

If there's room, could Teapotticus get a guild invite por favor?

If not, I'll see you guys in a couple weeks when things have died down and there's room.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Better than normal skeletons? I'm planning on doing them with spectres and a queen's escape. What gem links do you do for them?

The spell echo and faster casting you link with summon skeletons, to cast your skeletons faster, also increases the cast speed of your summoned skeletons. You can get 20k dps per skeleton mage (you have 9 mages) with level 20 gems and the right gear.

Links are: Summon Skeletons, Spell Echo, Faster Casting, Minion Damage, Greater Multiple Projectiles. With a six link you can add Elemental Focus. I also use flesh offering and anger, and dual curse projectile weakness and elemental weakness.

Plus, you know, nine skeletons all casting ten or so projectiles a second also looks pretty loving great.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I guess? I more just wish there were a better way than whispering endlessly until someone responds. Automated markets or something.

Can a character be withdrawn from SSF at any time and stay in the temp league, or is it like HC where withdrawal takes you back to Standard?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

I guess? I more just wish there were a better way than whispering endlessly until someone responds. Automated markets or something.

Can a character be withdrawn from SSF at any time and stay in the temp league, or is it like HC where withdrawal takes you back to Standard?

Automated markets are a can of worms best avoided. And yes, you can transfer your SSF progress to parent temporary league.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I haven't played this game in a loooooong time. So much has changed! I already saw a new enemy type, a skeleton wheel dude. That was cool.

Trying out a Glacial Cascade Mine build as it looks easy and doesn't seem to need a ton of gear. Made it to like level 7 last night.

Could I get an invite on Bluesdad please?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I like buying spell effect premium stuff for my characters but are there any available for melee totems like ancient warchief? In the shop they all say 'magic or ranged attack' and not 'melee attack' but it doesn't make sense it'd work for one and not the other. Can somebody confirm they work for melee totems before I drop :10bux:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

The spell echo and faster casting you link with summon skeletons, to cast your skeletons faster, also increases the cast speed of your summoned skeletons. You can get 20k dps per skeleton mage (you have 9 mages) with level 20 gems and the right gear.

Links are: Summon Skeletons, Spell Echo, Faster Casting, Minion Damage, Greater Multiple Projectiles. With a six link you can add Elemental Focus. I also use flesh offering and anger, and dual curse projectile weakness and elemental weakness.

Plus, you know, nine skeletons all casting ten or so projectiles a second also looks pretty loving great.

I'm working on a Skeleton Mage build myself but I thought Spell Echo didn't affect the projectiles, per Path of Building? Wouldn't mind being wrong on this :getin:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Agent355 posted:

I like buying spell effect premium stuff for my characters but are there any available for melee totems like ancient warchief? In the shop they all say 'magic or ranged attack' and not 'melee attack' but it doesn't make sense it'd work for one and not the other. Can somebody confirm they work for melee totems before I drop :10bux:

No, there's no MTX for Warchief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

This truly is a dark setting.