Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I'm still waiting for ER to stream some goddamn where :mad:

I'm pumped about roseanne though. I expect it will make good background noise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

I'm still waiting for ER to stream some goddamn where :mad:

I'm pumped about roseanne though. I expect it will make good background noise

It was on Netlix for a while, I'm pretty sure. Didn't realize it was gone.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

precision posted:

Cloud Atlas just dropped on Netflix. If you have 3 hours and a lot of weed I think it's an interesting failure.

I remember walking out of this movie. It was the equivalent of sitting in traffic with some greasy anime nerd telling you about multiple dimensions. gently caress that movie so hard.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It was on Netlix for a while, I'm pretty sure. Didn't realize it was gone.

It's never been on any streaming services as far as I can tell (at least not without having to buy individual episodes/seasons)

BIG CITY LAWYER fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 5, 2017

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

New WHAS is loving hilarious.

e: well, first 5 ep at least.. haven't finished yet

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Icarus on Netflix. Holy poo poo is it amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXoRdSTrR-4

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"Colossal" is a colossal pice of poo poo. It doesn't work on any level. It's proof positive that movie critics are complete idiots and that rottentomatoes.com is horrible at gauging movies. If you want to watch a story of two narcissistic drunks destroying their lives, the lives of innocent people around them and suffering no consequences for their stupidity, then this is the show for you. How the hell does anybody watch this show and come away thinking, "hey that was pretty good". It was bad, really bad.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

radical meme posted:

"Colossal" is a colossal pice of poo poo. It doesn't work on any level. It's proof positive that movie critics are complete idiots and that rottentomatoes.com is horrible at gauging movies. If you want to watch a story of two narcissistic drunks destroying their lives, the lives of innocent people around them and suffering no consequences for their stupidity, then this is the show for you. How the hell does anybody watch this show and come away thinking, "hey that was pretty good". It was bad, really bad.

That actually sounds awesome. Gonna check it out now

Unmature
May 9, 2008

radical meme posted:

Naw, it's really really good.

Also, I don't think you saw like the whole last half hour of the movie. There are consequences and character arcs all over that poo poo.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Unmature posted:

Naw, it's really really good.

Also, I don't think you saw like the whole last half hour of the movie. There are consequences and character arcs all over that poo poo.

I watched the whole horrible drat thing and it's time from my life that I regret loosing and can never get back. The only message I got from this movie was, "hey, getting black out drunk and killing innocent people is acceptable". I hope Vigalondo is never, ever again hired to write or direct any movie, ever. Everyone associated with this movie should be ashamed of themselves.

vvvvv edit: then what was it trying to say? I'm willing to accept my ignorance of subtle plot twits that I may have missed; enlighten me.

radical meme fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Aug 5, 2017

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Lmao Colossal owns and you did not pay attention to what it was trying to say at all

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
"loosing"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Your takeaway from Colossal is so bizarre and backwards I don't even know how to respond to it. It's like you saw it and walked away with a completely upside down version of what it was about. I wouldn't know how to go about telling you why you are wrong because it's not exactly a subtle movie.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I somehow had the idea that Colossal was a sappy romcom but I am now on board with watching it, so thanks op

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
OKJA was almost too intense for me. That ending. JFC.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Icarus on Netflix. Holy poo poo is it amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXoRdSTrR-4

This looks awesome, I should check it out.

Reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask: anyone have any recommendations for paranoid thrillers on streaming? Something ala Three Days of the Condor. I've got Netflix, HBO and Prime.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

rngd in the womb posted:

OKJA was almost too intense for me. That ending. JFC.

Ugh I know. The ending that was all "meat is good! Eat meat! Only eat meat!"

I absolutely unequivocally understood this film and none of you CHUDs can convince me otherwise. :colbert:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Super Fan posted:

That actually sounds awesome. Gonna check it out now

yeah I just watched it, it's really good.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

radical meme posted:

I really liked it. I question your judgment and sanity.

radical meme posted:

loosing

I also just realized that you're posting drunk.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 5, 2017

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

The_Rob posted:

I remember walking out of this movie. It was the equivalent of sitting in traffic with some greasy anime nerd telling you about multiple dimensions. gently caress that movie so hard.

I mean, you're not in the minority, that seems the be the general opinion of Cloud Atlas. When I said I loved it earlier I was pleasantly surprised that 3 or 4 people immediately agreed, that's never happened before.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

I mean, you're not in the minority, that seems the be the general opinion of Cloud Atlas. When I said I loved it earlier I was pleasantly surprised that 3 or 4 people immediately agreed, that's never happened before.

:hfive:

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Where is Colossal streaming?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Basebf555 posted:

Eh, I tend to like anything that swings for the fences.

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Where is Colossal streaming?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Colossal is still a paid rental, which I suppose isn't really the type of streaming this thread is meant to be about.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

WHAS: Ten Years Later is so loving good

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Papa John Misty posted:

Yeah, I finished it this morning and loved it so much. I'd rank it above first day of camp.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Papa John Misty posted:

It certainly dials the weirdness up to 11. I love the scene in the first episode where the one character lists off all the insane stuff that happened in the previous Netflix Wet Hot American Summer "and John got turned into a can of vegetables!"

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Quiet Feet posted:

"Good morning dad!"

"Good morning Cyberdyne Series T_800."

I finished watching season 4 of Agents of Shield on Netflix recently. I wish at least one character had a complete mental breakdown after the whole robot clones and Matrix Network stuff. "Is he real? Okay how about that one? Okay, but is he not real because he's a robot clone or because he's a computer program in my brain?"

The occult stuff comes out of nowhere but I guess they're trying to catch up with the cinematic universe and Doctor Strange. Also, their Ghost Rider was about ten times better than the stupid, doofy Nicolas Cage Ghost Rider.

A ghost skeleton who is on fire and he rides a motorcycle which is also on fire and he does stunts and fights evil is inherently stupid and doofy. A dead serious take on the idea is probably stupider and doofier even

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

precision posted:

It certainly dials the weirdness up to 11. I love the scene in the first episode where the one character lists off all the insane stuff that happened in the previous Netflix Wet Hot American Summer "and John got turned into a can of vegetables!"

Wasn't that from the original movie?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Lots of Shaw Brothers films are leaving Netflix on the 9th, like The 36th Chamber of Shaolin and Five Venoms, so now's your chance to check them out.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

veni veni veni posted:

Wasn't that from the original movie?

I haven't seen the new show yet, but in the original movie, it's played as a gag related to the camp cook's insanity/paranoia. Then in "First Day of Camp", it's revealed that the staff member was actually turned into a talking can of vegetables via a wacky 80's toxic sludge accident.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Lots of Shaw Brothers films are leaving Netflix on the 9th, like The 36th Chamber of Shaolin and Five Venoms, so now's your chance to check them out.

They'll still be on prime afaik

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

But on Prime they're all loving dubbed.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Nroo posted:

I didn't realize they weren't on Netflix! I've been had

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

TychoCelchuuu posted:

These are both fuckin rad, for anyone on the fence. Five Venoms is basically a kung fu murder mystery.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Nroo posted:

good, whats even the point of watching five venoms without the wutang samples

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah, old martial arts movies are actively enhanced by the dubs in many cases

they're still great in the original language, but for some reason they feel like they have a bit less personality to me

e: like, I honestly can't imagine watching Master of the Flying Guillotine subtitled, the dub gives that movie a bizarre amount of its charm

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Finally got around to watching Okja and man. :smith:

I don't think I absolutely love the movie. It was pretty hamfisted (sorry) with it's messages, but it really was really a breath of fresh air and I'm amazed a movie like this can still get made with such high production values.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
lol I love how haphazard Bong Joon-Ho can be in his anti capitalist slant. TBH, this wouldn't have gotten made without Netflix. on that note, they are dropping ridiculous amounts of money on original content. it feels like there's only so much content for people to drown in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Icarus is loving nuts