Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

I do not understand why people liked that show. I hate Aaron Sorkin.

i love sorkin dialogue tbh

and the show had a real accessibility by mixing fancy grown up plot poo poo w episodic subplots that paralleled the episodes main plot so if you got lost or werent big on following the fancy plot you could still track what was happening because the govt and moral sturm und drang were indexed to a wacky donna/josh adventure about the census or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

BREAKING NEWS Scoop

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sullat posted:

What about Tamerlane? Or Babur? Your western bias is showing. Alexander would have been the last westerner to conquer Afghanistan; the central Asians nomads have had no problems with it.

babar is an elephant you goober

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

sullat posted:

What about Tamerlane? Or Babur? Your western bias is showing. Alexander would have been the last westerner to conquer Afghanistan; the central Asians nomads have had no problems with it.

[extremely steve Bannon voice]

fake news

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Squizzle posted:

babar is an elephant you goober

babar secured his reign with the blood of untold millions

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Squizzle posted:

why does nbc still exist

give their broadcast spectrum to someone who wont waste it on garbage

1) keeping matt lauer quarantined from other employment

2) someone's gotta lock down the olympics until 2156

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Squizzle posted:

why does nbc still exist

It's one of, if not the oldest TV networks and basically made an assload of money when there were virtually the only game in town.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

"Juror #4's skull shape clearly shows a disposition towards degeneracy and anti American behaviour"

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

i hope they bring back lexx
This but Space: Above and Beyond.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al! posted:

h*ck :yossame:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

"Juror #4's skull shape clearly shows a disposition towards degeneracy and anti American behaviour"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZaVA3NS7zE

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Al! posted:

Just lol if you expected him to take POWs or show mercy when we all know they'd never forget what he did to them

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

IF KEITH ELLISON IS CALLED A COOL KID ONE MORE TIME IM LEAVING THE PARTY

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

jBrereton posted:

This but Space: Above and Beyond.

The only episode that I ever saw of that show had a guy fly into a black hole while listening to Johnny Cash because he thought that the time dilation effects of extreme gravity would mean that he got to listen to Johnny Cash forever.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Zeroisanumber posted:

The only episode that I ever saw of that show had a guy fly into a black hole while listening to Johnny Cash because he thought that the time dilation effects of extreme gravity would mean that he got to listen to Johnny Cash forever.
And that guy's name... was Ray Butts...

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Squizzle posted:

i love sorkin dialogue tbh

and the show had a real accessibility by mixing fancy grown up plot poo poo w episodic subplots that paralleled the episodes main plot so if you got lost or werent big on following the fancy plot you could still track what was happening because the govt and moral sturm und drang were indexed to a wacky donna/josh adventure about the census or w/e

myabe ur just a fuckin liberal

myabe u cheered for ur slaver queen

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

CheesyDog posted:

Thank you, Bill Clinton, for making oral sex an extremely common conversational topic right as I entered puberty

Sorry 'bout today's youth and the imminent piss tapes however

1998: daddy? What's oral sex?
2017: daddy? What's a golden shower?
2019: daddy? Who'se Mr hands?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
lol

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

its fucken crazy that butterflies/moths are just former caterpillars
like wtf
caterpillar goes into a fucken weird cocoon thing n its organs n guts rearrange all fucken crazy like n then it turns into something that looks completely different
its rad they p much digest themselves inside that thing

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

2020: daddy? whats laying ur eggs inside a piece of dry toast?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Turdfuzz posted:

like wtf
caterpillar goes into a fucken weird cocoon thing n its organs n guts rearrange all fucken crazy like n then it turns into something that looks completely different

i'll rearrage ur guts alright

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Turdfuzz posted:

like wtf

*steve bannon researches human cocoons*

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Tesseraction posted:

*steve bannon researches human cocoons*

"The Fly" was a great film.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B86EuJPI5slER2N2MjBlUFJwTlk/view

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

also aaron sorkin sucks n lol at the idea of politics as some battle of ideas n decorum n w/e dumb poo poo its a sport idiot

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
This thread gets weird pretty quick if Trump doesn't tweet some tweets.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So just how dumb are those auto workers who voted down the union in Mississippi?

I know unions aren't perfect, but they are much better for workers than nothing. It's really amazing how this country has turned against unions even though without them we'd all be working seven days a week in terrible conditions for even shittier pay.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

deadgoon posted:

myabe ur just a fuckin liberal

myabe u cheered for ur slaver queen

:shrug:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

TMMadman posted:

So just how dumb are those auto workers who voted down the union in Mississippi?

I know unions aren't perfect, but they are much better for workers than nothing. It's really amazing how this country has turned against unions even though without them we'd all be working seven days a week in terrible conditions for even shittier pay.

"No one in this world, so far as I know—and I have researched the records for years, and employed agents to help me—has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby."

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Wow this is actually my exact memory of that show.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i mean i guess bugs in general go from larva thing to some other thing but they dont all melt themselves like the caterpillar does

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

This thread gets weird pretty quick if Trump doesn't tweet some tweets.

been fisting for almost a day now

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
is there any more "evidence" that pence fucks horses or did it all spring from that single absurd tweet he made

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Samurai Sanders posted:

Red meat for me is like...responsible government based on falsifiable scientific research.

Gets me going real good

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

southerners have dominated politics since the beginning. they likely always will.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I hope they bring back Manimal

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ymgve posted:

is there any more "evidence" that pence fucks horses or did it all spring from that single absurd tweet he made

has this administration taught you nothing about how little importance is placed on evidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ymgve posted:

irrefutable mountains of evidence

• Locked thread