Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

and like with ros, they're killing off the best set remaining. shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Groovelord Neato posted:

and like with ros, they're killing off the best set remaining. shameful.

???? explain

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

she got poison kiss.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Groovelord Neato posted:

she got poison kiss.

oh poo poo you're right. gently caress

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008
GRRM what is best in life?
To crush your readers, see them relieve their stools before you, and to hear crust of their cherry pies breaking.

Killing people and witnessing their bowel movement seems to be the ultimate manhood rite in Westeros. Song of ice cold steel and fiery

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sam was rewarded for basically acting like a untrained quack doctor.

also

Waltzing Along posted:

But most importantly, copy and paste these next six lines into every single one of your posts:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/6MPlfm0.jpg :nws:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/QzVUQ8W.jpg :nws:
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/RYnzZkh.jpg:nws:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/SpgNXPj.jpg :nws:
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/EfdTT3l.gifv:nws:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/8XR1O1E.jpg :nws:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/gjXfns9.jpg :nws:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/mPPZmSq.jpg :nws:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/A24uDMN.jpg :nws:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/mkYam8T.jpg :nws:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/DfOixYx.jpg :nws:

that's a lot of titties

Or just quote the thread and copy it. Make sure you get the :nws: in there. We dont' want people getting probated for making this a great thread.

etalian fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 5, 2017

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Gold made it into King's Landing.

But real talk, deep water + full armor = ded.

RIP Jaime.

I thought they were going to have the dragon put its head through the water and drag him out with its teeth.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Gold made it into King's Landing.

But real talk, deep water + full armor = ded.

RIP Jaime.

Jaime is not dead.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
I'm not having it for a second that golden boy is dead. No way. He is probably my favourite fictional child killer and is a Good Boy.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I mean other than the fact that we know for certain that Jaime isn't dead because we know just about everything that happens this season, he wasn't wearing a full suit of plate anyway, like his armor is considerably lighter than what's Dickon is wearing.

It's funny though because the original outline specifically notes that Jaime sees other soldiers drowning while he is helped by Bronn, I guess it was just changed for dramatic effect.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

like they'd have the balls to kill anyone off at this point besides the best character they had left (the queen of shade).

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Proposition Joe posted:

Why are there giant mesas near Kings Landing? You're going from not-France to not-Croatia, the only place that might have mesas in Westeros should be Dorne right?

This is the answer to all questions like this.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It's funny though because the original outline specifically notes that Jaime sees other soldiers drowning while he is helped by Bronn, I guess it was just changed for dramatic effect.

That might still happen next ep. I wouldn't be surprised if next time we see him he's in the throne room with Cersei and then we can infer that he swam to KL and had no problems getting there but it would make more sense to pick it up from when he goes in the river or at least crawls out of it.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Proposition Joe posted:

Why are there giant mesas near Kings Landing? You're going from not-France to not-Croatia, the only place that might have mesas in Westeros should be Dorne right?

Because the writers wanted to invoke a Wild West settler atmosphere.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Bates posted:

That might still happen next ep. I wouldn't be surprised if next time we see him he's in the throne room with Cersei and then we can infer that he swam to KL and had no problems getting there but it would make more sense to pick it up from when he goes in the river or at least crawls out of it.

ah, a callback to Arya in Braavos. nice

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Demiurge4 posted:

It's Drogon you dunce.

No poo poo. It was a question relating to why the dothraki all followed her. I was just curious if they ever mentioned it again.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they should make a first law show cuz it's better than got.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm just impressed that Dany managed to land the Dothraki on the south side of the Blackwater without being noticed. That's some drat fine generallin'.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

TK-42-1 posted:

No poo poo. It was a question relating to why the dothraki all followed her. I was just curious if they ever mentioned it again.

The ones that followed her immediately after she burned Khal Drogo and the witch called her the 'mother of Dragons' and the rest because she's fire Jesus and Drogon showed up. I mean they haven't mentioned it specifically but it's not hard to infer here.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's problematic that a bunch of brown peoples slavishly follow a white tyrant.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

TK-42-1 posted:

She burned all of their leaders and walked out of the inferno unhurt

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Gee, why would anyone follow this lady who can perform miracles and controls legendary beasts the world hasn't seen in hundreds of years?

I like to nitpick as much as anyone but goddamn guys.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's problematic that a bunch of brown peoples slavishly follow a white tyrant.

she's a great leader as evidenced by uh well it's her time

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Dragons man's burden.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Bates posted:

Swimming up a river with one hand while wearing plate armor would be by far the most impressive thing anyone has done on this show

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bloom posted:

Gee, why would anyone follow this lady who can perform miracles and controls legendary beasts the world hasn't seen in hundreds of years?

they should worship the dragons not her.

she's a slave master to those intelligent beings.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Extremely excited for George R.R. Martin's: Confederate

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Groovelord Neato posted:

they should worship the dragons not her.

she's a slave master to those intelligent beings.

The dragons are basically flying Super Horses to them.

They understand the concept of a horse and its rider. Also the Dothraki sell people as slaves so being a slave master is again, understandable.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

but what about the slaves she freed.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

bloom posted:

actually its less then 150 years since dragons were last seen.

Groovelord Neato posted:

but what about the slaves she freed.

Given that she still supports absolute autocratic rule she did not so much free them as steal them for herself.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this man gets it!

also lol what patriots hater gave you that av.

speaking of patriots hater here's good old grrm:

quote:

Belicho was a renowned Volantene patriot whose famous exploits are recorded in the series The Life of the Triarch Belicho. His unbroken succession of conquests and triumphs ended rather abruptly when he was eaten by giants.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

speaking of patriots hater here's good old grrm:

Someone should tell GRRM that the Patriots are going to continue to be in every AFC title game until he finishes Winds of Winter (they were in every since ADWD was released)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

HannibalBarca posted:

Swimming up a river with one hand while wearing plate armor would be by far the most impressive thing anyone has done on this show

Bronn will save him.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Sydin posted:

Yeah even if Ramsey was honestly a standup guy who would have treated Sansa well, Littlefinger sending his most precious political chip to the Boltons made zero sense. By Littlefinger's own admission, Sansa is/was the key to the North. Why wouldn't he marry her himself, use his recently acquired loyal Vale Knights to go reclaim her birthright and install her as Queen/Warden of the North, and then have both the North and the Vale in his pocket? Plus he'd get to bang his replacement for Cat as a bonus.

The Vale Knights aren't really all that loyal to him; marrying her himself would put him in direct opposition to the crown; The Vale Knights on their own can't actually defeat the North.

He wants other people to do the bulk of the fighting and leading, and take advantage of those situations. He doesn't want to be the person actually doing most of this stuff.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 5, 2017

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Maybe this has been mentioned, but I thought the Tyrell army was far larger than the Lannister army, so was it off going to King's Landing as discussed in the season opener and that's how they got through, or was there some big battle we didn't see and the Lannister army won when taking High Garden?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SourKraut posted:

Maybe this has been mentioned, but I thought the Tyrell army was far larger than the Lannister army, so was it off going to King's Landing as discussed in the season opener and that's how they got through, or was there some big battle we didn't see and the Lannister army won when taking High Garden?

armies are just window dressing for story characters so when Sam's dad switched sides all the footsoldiers did too

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Ague Proof posted:

I thought they were going to have the dragon put its head through the water and drag him out with its teeth.

I figured the dragon was gonna boil the water.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
We really didn't dwell on how loving stupid it is for Randyll to switch sides, Jaime's arguments were wholly unconvincing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

We really didn't dwell on how loving stupid it is for Randyll to switch sides, Jaime's arguments were wholly unconvincing.

"The Tarly name means something! I won't switch sides!"

switches sides and immediately gets wrecked. Winds up in front of Dany next episode.

"The Tarley name means something! I won't switch sides!"

gets burned to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Ten bucks says he won't bend the knee because Sam is there with jorah and he refuses to get punked in front of Sam

• Locked thread