Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

lol if you think America will still exist in 2020

The nuclear holocaust needs to fuckin hurry up already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

how many people in the USA do you think are concerned for the future of privacy rights

to the nearest million, say

Not nearly enough, but it would be the height of folly to assume that Zuck won't unashamedly utilize his knowledge of data analytics to undermine what little privacy protection we have left if given the opportunity to sit behind the Resolute Desk. Zuck may come across as a soulless data-driven automaton but he is not stupid and is imminently aware of the vastness of the NSA's data collection efforts and how powerful that information can be, perhaps to a much greater degree than most current sitting politicians are even able to grasp.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's gonna be a helluva time explaining this to the grandkids.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's gonna be a helluva time explaining this to the grandkids.

"Dornald J Chimp was president, that's why you have to go out now and scavenge fuel from the scorched hellscape so we can cook and eat your little brother who died of Super AIDS"

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's gonna be a helluva time explaining this to the grandkids with the kids a straight face.

FTFY

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

gonadic io posted:

Trump for 2020. President of Trump-land, formerly the United States of America.

Independent voters:. Well, he's been the most terrible president ever...but his last name matches the name of the country! *Votes straight R*

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
The tradeoff voting for Zuck would be cool because you'd probably get universal healthcare and maybe UBI out of it but on the other hand say goodbye to the 40 hour workweek and every tiny shred of power labor still has to make things better for workers.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

Independent voters:. Well, he's been the most terrible president ever...but his last name matches the name of the country! *Votes straight R*

So not much different than the 2016 republic voters "well shucks, I recognize him from the tee vee"

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The tradeoff voting for Zuck would be cool because you'd probably get universal healthcare and maybe UBI out of it but on the other hand say goodbye to the 40 hour workweek and every tiny shred of power labor still has to make things better for workers.

Lol Americans won't vote for someone with the last name "Zuckerberg".

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The tradeoff voting for Zuck would be cool because you'd probably get universal healthcare and maybe UBI out of it .

Why, is Zuck planning on killing every white male over the age of 30 in politics?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Zuckerberg is going to run on the platform of "I'm going to let computers run America, and I'm going to use every minute of my time and power to totally ruin Trump. Not jail him, but ruin him entirely." and he'll win because the U.S is that hosed up and divided.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Tumble posted:

Zuckerberg is going to run on the platform of "I'm going to let computers run America, and I'm going to use every minute of my time and power to totally ruin Trump. Not jail him, but ruin him entirely." and he'll win because the U.S is that hosed up and divided.

Kid Rock will denounce him as a 'race mixer' on Hannity and the 50 million Russian twitter bots will spam it over and over until Kid wins.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
Zuckerberg will buy Twitter and ban Trump and then the civil war will begin.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

MC Hawking posted:

Not nearly enough, but it would be the height of folly to assume that Zuck won't unashamedly utilize his knowledge of data analytics to undermine what little privacy protection we have left if given the opportunity to sit behind the Resolute Desk. Zuck may come across as a soulless data-driven automaton but he is not stupid and is imminently aware of the vastness of the NSA's data collection efforts and how powerful that information can be, perhaps to a much greater degree than most current sitting politicians are even able to grasp.

well yeah no poo poo, but the ten thousand or so people who a) comprehend b) care and c) vote will be a drop in the ocean compared to the magamen looking to latch on to a new saviour, or the billions of old people voting for that nice young white man, or all the other things people will latch onto

he'll utilize the knowledge of data analytics to get the votes in the first place, with microtargeted ads. especially now that it's been proven you can just lie and say whatever to gain the presidency!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

well yeah no poo poo, but the ten thousand or so people who a) comprehend b) care and c) vote will be a drop in the ocean compared to the magamen looking to latch on to a new saviour, or the billions of old people voting for that nice young white man, or all the other things people will latch onto

he'll utilize the knowledge of data analytics to get the votes in the first place, with microtargeted ads. especially now that it's been proven you can just lie and say whatever to gain the presidency!

yes, but he is uncharismatic as gently caress.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
You guys know that Trump is like 5 points away from his absolute "I drool on my shoes and will vote for literally anything with a (R) before their name" floor right? lol trumps approval rating is going to stick right about here unless he actually works hard to improve things or starts listening to the people who can do that for him. and lmfao if you think he's anywhere near capable of doing either of those

trump is hated by more people than any president in history, he's a pariah

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Tumble posted:

he's a pariah

HE'S NOT A PARIAH, HE'S A VERY NAUGHTY BOY!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

We need a sequel 9/11 Part 2: Lightning Strikes Twice to really unite the country and get his ratings up.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if he got bushs 35 point jump in the Gallup poll he would be at 71%

lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tumble posted:

You guys know that Trump is like 5 points away from his absolute "I drool on my shoes and will vote for literally anything with a (R) before their name" floor right? lol trumps approval rating is going to stick right about here unless he actually works hard to improve things or starts listening to the people who can do that for him. and lmfao if you think he's anywhere near capable of doing either of those

he'll go lower.

even bush got to 22 percent and in the last year of his presidency the republican heavy rasmussen had 41 percent saying bush would go down as the worst president ever lmao

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

Between a Rock and a Zuck place

general election 2020: between a Zuck and a tard place

a tard palace

a turd palace

TRUMP

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I think even if (or when) a major attack occurs here, he's already demonstrated his total incompetence so completely that people would NOT trust him to lead the nation through it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

gently caress y'all I'm voting for The Rock because im sick and tired of the same ol roody poo candy rear end politicians

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Tumble posted:

I think even if (or when) a major attack occurs here, he's already demonstrated his total incompetence so completely that people would NOT trust him to lead the nation through it.

yeah too bad you make that decision every 4 years, typically before the crisis occurs

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

sloppo posted:

yeah too bad you make that decision every 4 years, typically before the crisis occurs

Obama and Clinton were pretty good tho?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the kurds love trump lol

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/JohnCTownsend/status/801100703515234305

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
we uhh... might need to bring out the doll for when Ivanka is on the stand

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

happyhippy posted:

Reminder that all the companies Trump touched to keep jobs in the US, moved all their jobs to Mexico.

Reminder, Trump thought he was smart not paying people the original agreed amounts in deals all the time in Atlanta, so that companies there added a secret 'Trump tax' to all their deals with him. Trump thought he was getting good deals ripping people off when he was actually paying the normal costs.

Reminder the world sees the US as a joke now.

"now"

Tumble posted:

Zuckerberg will buy Twitter ..
That's actually brilliant.
Don't ban the T as that would be seen as limiting free speech though.

Twitter is the perfect tool for Turmp, just alter it subtly and make it the slightly imperfect tool.
Remove the character limitation? That'd probably throw him off his game.
Or a really annoying spellchecker you can't disable: "I see you're writing certain words in all capitals/using numerous exclamation marks, are you sure you want to proceed?" followed by a captcha.
Or autocorrecting Trump to turnip ("it's a known bug, we're working on it").

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Vote Zuckerberg 2020: I Will Literally Cum into Trump's Eye

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Tumble posted:

Zuckerberg will buy Twitter and ban Trump and then the civil war will begin.

I'd vote for him if he did this. Oh, and forced a banner ad on top of everyone's feed with that picture of Donnie's fat rear end playing tennis

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Mr Havafap posted:

"now"

That's actually brilliant.
Don't ban the T as that would be seen as limiting free speech though.

Twitter is the perfect tool for Turmp, just alter it subtly and make it the slightly imperfect tool.
Remove the character limitation? That'd probably throw him off his game.
Or a really annoying spellchecker you can't disable: "I see you're writing certain words in all capitals/using numerous exclamation marks, are you sure you want to proceed?" followed by a captcha.
Or autocorrecting Trump to turnip ("it's a known bug, we're working on it").

he'll edit a few tweets so that it looks like Trump said "I actually hate America and I also am a very fat very dumb man" and then Zuck will take out a bunch of ads mocking Trump for being too dumb to keep his account safe, at which point Trump will say "Nope I actually said all that and I meant it you idiots"

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

redgubbinz posted:

I'd vote for him if he did this. Oh, and forced a banner ad on top of everyone's feed with that picture of Donnie's fat rear end playing tennis

what's even the point of having techno overlords ruling over us if they don't do poo poo like this?

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

Unfortunately you're likely correct. The slow descent into totalitarian populist governments is an insidious thing built on the backs of willful naivety and complicit "well what you gonna do?" sentiment.

moosetoucher
Jul 11, 2017

heck. heckin heck.

MC Hawking posted:

Zuck may come across as a soulless data-driven automaton

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Tumble posted:

he'll edit a few tweets so that it looks like Trump said "I actually hate America and I also am a very fat very dumb man" and then Zuck will take out a bunch of ads mocking Trump for being too dumb to keep his account safe, at which point Trump will say "Nope I actually said all that and I meant it you idiots"

Yeah whatever will Trump do if there's some tweets that make him look dumb?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
cant wait until someone hijacks trumps twitter and start making pro-liberal tweets

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

what's even the point of having techno overlords ruling over us if they don't do poo poo like this?

It'll definitely make the conveyor belt ride into the soylent processing facility much more enjoyable.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The 2020 Debates should feature all candidates in arm casts. Then the host just says "Time to go to work" and the candidate who flex shatters their cast wins the election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
remember when trump tried to impress the russian ambassador by revealing classified information about the war against ISIS

and a few days after wapo reported it, trump decided to use a photo op with bibi netanyahu to reassure everybody he never disclosed that the source of the intelligence was israel, thereby unwittingly confirming that it was israel, even though no one had reported that in the first place

lol