Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Accounting for hiatuses, how long has Coyote been fighting Demaro now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
35 minutes.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ROFL Octopus posted:

Well at the very least the first ~9-10 chapters (I can't remember where Fud's Choice was) were pure gold, with maybe a resurgence during the weed party chapters.

I think most people couldn't imagine the this comic without your songs though, especially the main theme.
Thanks, it does occasionally pop into my own drat head from time to time, too.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Wait, you made a theme song????

Links?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

DicktheCat posted:

Links?

Just google it dude.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

DicktheCat posted:

Links?
Always happy to share. (SHAMELESS PLUG)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RePSdwjOz5c

I actually did a full 10-track album corresponding to the first 10 chapters. The first 4 music videos are on YouTube and the rest of the songs you can find in the description of the first music video if they're still up on tindeck.

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
NEW PAGE

Also, some posts on the Facebook page that haven't been posted here yet.

lazerbot on July 27th posted:

(Tails Gets Trolled News!) we will be getting internet on Monday. We should be up and going very soon. We wanted to mention that the writing for Tails Gets Trolled Polished is actually going quite well and we have a lot in store. We plan on doing a sneak peek for chapter one soon. We also want to make some changes to the Patreon page that will make things a lot more fitting and perhaps more satisfying to the fans. We will explain more about that soon. We also want to confirm that the quality of the art in TGTP will remain around the point of chapter 4 & 5 in TGT. This is so we can produce more, faster. We're very focused on making sure that the lack of quality in art, will not effect the quality of the comic its self, in a negative way. We're testing it and the results are great. We are back to the original pace in the early points in TGT where we were producing a page or 2 every day or every other day. Thank you all for being very patient with us and supporting our Patreon page, see you soon!

lazerbot on July 31st posted:

(Tails Gets Trolled New!)
So we have internet again. We apologies for the wait, money was tight and we had to wait it out.
Our Patreon page will be getting a rework soon, we'll post the changes on here and on the page.
Tails Gets Trolled Polished will be aired whenever the goal is met, on our modified Patreon page. The goal will not be that high, but we now need to pay for internet expenses, so we have no choice but to set a minimum requirement.
After the conclusion of chapter 22, TGT will be halted, unless we feel like it should be continued. Instead, TGTP will take its place, catch up and proceed in a mere fraction of the time it took to reach 22 chapters of TGT. We highly doubt that we will have anymore issues preventing us from working on the comic at this point. Our living situation is going quite well now.
Yes, we understand the hesitation to back this approach, considering that the original TGT will be halted. But like we've stated to a few of our followers, TGT was a draft. TGTP is everything that TGT is, but more. (Without the unintended comedy, of course) Instead, we've loaded it full of ''intended comedy'' For an example, Espio is now primarily a comedy based character. He didn't have a thorough personalty in TGT, but now he's quite fleshed out.
We will air a sneak peek to hype Tails Gets Trolled Polished soon.
Also, keep in mind that we will be making several posts on this Facebook page to inform you all of any information.

lazerbot on August 1st posted:

(Tails Gets Trolled important News!)
First off, The Official UpsideDown Facebook page, Patreon page & website have been halted or taken down. We will find other means to have easy access to view TGT without the need for an account.
Creating a website on Wix left us with too many limitations, not to mention how dreadful it was trying to create a page with a website builder that bugs out and freezes frequently. We decided to cut our loses and eventually hire a professional to build our website for us one day. As for the Facebook and Patreon page, our current focus is only on the TGT series. They will be re-aired again whenever we have more than one project running at once. We might not even continue the UpsideDown Patreon page at all, and just have each project have their own Patreon page. That way our followers can choose what project that they prefer to pledge to, and only be charged per content. So in other words, they only pay if we bring them content.
Which brings up the next topic. We modified our Tails Gets Trolled Patreon Page here: https://www.patreon.com/user/creators?u=5076922
We changed the payment option from ''Per Month'' to ''Per Creation'' So all those who are subscribed have until the 1st of September to modify their pledged amount. We will begin airing Tails Gets Polished on that day (We wanted to air it sooner but the changes to the Patreon page will delay it)
Whenever we begin uploading TGTP, we will be airing a page every other day (3 or 4 pages a week, at most.)
We have added a starting goal, eventually there will be more goals. One of those goals if met, will allow subscribers to submit their own characters into TGTP. (The goal will be added some time after the airing of TGTP)
If you have any hesitation regarding this decision, just know that we are putting a lot of effort into TGTP (Especially the drama and comedy aspect to it)
We also feel the need to mention that each page of TGTP will have around twenty panels, and each page will have a cliff hanger of some kind.
We are also composing a sneak peek, we will upload it soon. (Though the sneak peek could revolve around what our followers prefer to see a sneak peek of. Our original approach was comedy based, but if any of you rather see a different one, please comment. We will also make a poll on our DevientArt Page here: http://iiupsidedownii.deviantart.com/)
(To end on a side note, we are aware that a lot of the links/description to TGT on our UpsideDown DevientArt aren't all fixed. We will continue to fix this over time.)
Stay tuned for more updates!
And, just 11 hours before writing this post,

lazerbot posted:

How's everyone going on Something Awful? ;) Liking it so far?

Puke Fukem fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 5, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Coyote :allears:

He's gonna die, isn't he?

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Those last panels would be perfect for a smug emote.

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!
So is this comic finally getting back on track??

lazerbot on July 31st posted:

After the conclusion of chapter 22, TGT will be halted, unless we feel like it should be continued. Instead, TGTP will take its place, catch up and proceed in a mere fraction of the time it took to reach 22 chapters of TGT. We highly doubt that we will have anymore issues preventing us from working on the comic at this point. Our living situation is going quite well now.
Yes, we understand the hesitation to back this approach, considering that the original TGT will be halted. But like we've stated to a few of our followers, TGT was a draft. TGTP is everything that TGT is, but more. (Without the unintended comedy, of course) Instead, we've loaded it full of ''intended comedy''
But the unintended comedy was what made early TGT unique!

JazzFlight posted:

I actually did a full 10-track album corresponding to the first 10 chapters. The first 4 music videos are on YouTube and the rest of the songs you can find in the description of the first music video if they're still up on tindeck.
My favorite is the one for Chapter 9, "Nooooo Porky Dont". I crack up at the line about "loving jarry" every time I hear it. :)

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

quote:

Without the unintended comedy, of course
RUINED

Does he have any concept of why people like TGT?

Spending years re-doing the entire thing before continuing the story also seems like a recipe for disaster. Does he really think he'll have the motivation to keep going after devoting like 7 years total of his life on this?

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

If there's one thing the last couple of years of TGT has proved it's that Lazerbot has absolutely no idea why people actually liked TGT.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

RevolverDivider posted:

If there's one thing the last couple of years of TGT has proved it's that Lazerbot has absolutely no idea why people actually liked TGT.

Almost everyone that was following it when it was about the funny licensed characters is gone now because the joke/novelty has worn off and all that's left now is

simplefish posted:

Holy poo poo normally when I type lol I don't even exhale strongly through my nose irl, this legit had me giggling.

Crayvex posted:

He should have a Patreon page. I'd donate a few bucks each month for his "art."

ComfyPants posted:

How does this comic keep getting better?

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Woke up to this and it's put a real shine on the day.

at insanely epic jokes such as an oc having his dick cut off, a black dude saying niggas, and sonichu making GBS threads on the floor

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah the whole thing is kinda collapsing into itself more than it has even before

its still kinda fascinating but i am not really enjoying TGT itself anymore as TGT, but more "oh this is still going in a way"

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I'd say that TGT was good all the way through the Porky Pig stuff in Chapter 9. Maybe a little bit into Chapter 10 with Kermit and his story bomb about trolling another troll, then you can stop.

After that, it sort of devolves into endless fights with OCs that go nowhere and having arguments with fan criticisms in-comic. Definitely tap out by the time we spend almost a whole chapter on Amy getting raped by Eggman.

But still, those first 10 chapters or so are loving GOLD.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Wrist Watch posted:

Almost everyone that was following it when it was about the funny licensed characters is gone now because the joke/novelty has worn off and all that's left now is

at insanely epic jokes such as an oc having his dick cut off, a black dude saying niggas, and sonichu making GBS threads on the floor

1) gently caress you
2) it was at the surprise inclusion of sonichu rather than a crappy OC, and the human teeth on him, but thanks for not asking and assuming/implying I'm puerile and possibly racist
3) gently caress off

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

My god, thank you. This is priceless.

E:
Coyote being super powerful is kind of great. I wonder if Lazerbot has a clue how he wants to end thus thing?

DicktheCat fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 6, 2017

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
How is it still Coyote vs Demaro?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I forget, did Hulk die or something? I'm not re-reading the entire thing just to find out if he just got lost in the shuffle or died.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Lets be fair. His intentional comedy could end up so terrible, it loops back around into unintentionally hilarious again. We could end up at Pac-Man Joke Book levels of comedic garbage.

That said, it's quite likely he's going to lose the magic yet again. If the past few comics were intentional comedy and not intentional sabotage, he's really bad at this.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Anyone who has hope this could get good again, just remember the weed party and where that ended up going.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

simplefish posted:

1) gently caress you
2) it was at the surprise inclusion of sonichu rather than a crappy OC, and the human teeth on him, but thanks for not asking and assuming/implying I'm puerile and possibly racist
3) gently caress off

I was just listing what happened in the last few strips and picking random quotes praising them, but if you really want to get on this hill about not liking the other ones and instead getting a real good chuckle out of the one where sonichu shits on the ground, throws it at someone, and picks his nose with his explicitly poo poo covered hand while spouting old memes because of a single panel with teeth lazily copy pasted on it then hell dude go right ahead

http://i.imgur.com/uic2dOd.jpg

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Wrist Watch posted:

I was just listing what happened in the last few strips and picking random quotes praising them, but if you really want to get on this hill about not liking the other ones and instead getting a real good chuckle out of the one where sonichu shits on the ground, throws it at someone, and picks his nose with his explicitly poo poo covered hand while spouting old memes because of a single panel with teeth lazily copy pasted on it then hell dude go right ahead

http://i.imgur.com/uic2dOd.jpg

It's not a hill when someone misconstrues what you've said, and attaches your comment to list, implying you like everything in that list. Like you've done again here. I apparently like this entire strip and no others because of one panel, according to you. In fact, all I said was that one particular panel made me laugh. Not that I need to explain myself to you, but if you're going to put words in my mouth I suppose I had better.

You are a bad poster and should feel bad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I can't believe Sonichu is what's killing this thread and not Amy Rose's tragic rape backstory.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Coyote is the best anime character. Dude just blew up that guys arm with the smuggest look on his face.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

:classiclol: Man this was already great, but those human teeth really make this come together I tell you. Makes me laugh every time. :haw:

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Wrist Watch posted:

:classiclol: Man this was already great, but those human teeth really make this come together I tell you. Makes me laugh every time. :haw:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Are you trolling me??? Because I know a thing or two about dealing with trolls.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I'm going full sunken cost fallacy on this one, I'm in it for the long haul just because I put in so much time here, and I still want to know how this ends up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

While I can't quite say that I still enjoy this comic like I used to, I can't claim it has stopped surprising me. Which is more than I can say for a lot of media.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this comic and thread was really good when it was about smoking weed and pigs getting roasted and raped by daffy duck or whatever.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like, this poo poo was real legit

http://i.imgur.com/4mtyTO7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/U4lI0fv.jpg

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

quote:

(Tails Gets Trolled Polished News!)
Polls on DevientArt here: https://iiupsidedownii.deviantart.com/ will be concluded on the 15th. It seems like it is a race between comedy & Plot. Whichever wins will decide what the sneak peek for TGTP will revolve around. Please make your votes!

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017

Here's a link to that specific poll
https://iiupsidedownii.deviantart.com/journal/poll/6839662/

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
honestly, i'm shocked to even see demaro and coyote fighting again. Just kinda seemed like this was gonna be random trolls forever.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

fish and chips and dip posted:

I'm going full sunken cost fallacy on this one, I'm in it for the long haul just because I put in so much time here, and I still want to know how this ends up.

Seriously, it's been over five years. I'll be checking this thread all the way until the end and rolling my eyes at the dumb OC fights and the terrible b-team inserts.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Aristobulus posted:

honestly, i'm shocked to even see demaro and coyote fighting again. Just kinda seemed like this was gonna be random trolls forever.
B-but they're the Neighborhood Watch...

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
New page

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
It's... a spooky tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Is Demaro supposed to be jumping backwards in those first couple of panels?