Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There are so many things to complain about in this game that we made multiple threads to categorize the complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Also no Krogan mad cackle after a good solid headbutt???

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Out of curiosity, what does it take to do platinum? Would an ultra rare character at I (Salarian operator) with a Hurricane I be better than a Human engineer XX with the same weapon? I just want to make the credit grind as fast as possible. I almost have the common chars at XX. After that I'm moving to 100k packs to get some rare weapons to high levels.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I can't believe how many months it took them to figure out that melee should track just a little bit in an internet game

Like, did they not have a single beta tester go lol wtf is this how could you not copy/paste me3mp

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
What I wanna know is what about the poor schmucks who bought the season pass for Andromeda? Do they get a refund? Do they just get screwed?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There was no season pass. There were $80 and $120 deluxe editions though lmao.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

quote:

Dead Quarians
Wait, what? :psyduck: Where are y'all getting this from a patch notes with barely half a dozen lines

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Wait, what? :psyduck: Where are y'all getting this from a patch notes with barely half a dozen lines

The studio branch that made Andromeda has been closed, so we can presume there is no Andromeda DLC coming, which means the quarian ark is hosed unless EA decides to do something with it when they reboot the franchise in ten years.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

And seeing as the Quarians tried to exterminate my robot bros, they got what they deserved.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's possible but super unlikely that the DLC was done before they closed the place, but yeah. RIP.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Are you a bad enough dude to make a mass effect so horrible they close down the studio

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

West007 posted:

Out of curiosity, what does it take to do platinum? Would an ultra rare character at I (Salarian operator) with a Hurricane I be better than a Human engineer XX with the same weapon? I just want to make the credit grind as fast as possible. I almost have the common chars at XX. After that I'm moving to 100k packs to get some rare weapons to high levels.

You're going to want a solid XX character, a maxed gun and a premade party. Platinum is not the place to PUG.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Tasoth posted:

You're going to want a solid XX character, a maxed gun and a premade party. Platinum is not the place to PUG.

Also stealth, lots of stealth.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tasoth posted:

This isn't necessary at all in my experience. I've had pubbies lose on Platinum, but (on PS4) by and large the people playing Platinum are doing so because they're familiar enough with the game to wing it.

XX characters are also far from necessary. I've done Plat with people, including myself, with unmaxed (though always over level X) cards. The extra damage is great, but the most important thing is to have a max build (and some kits can even max everything important to their build pre-X, for example Kineticist only really needs to max 2 trees with the rest of the points either being wasted (recharge speed, because Always Be Ascended) or just More of a Good Thing (combo damage).

High level boosters and Equipment also mitigate a lot of that.

Now yeah, if you want Platinum to be... :turianass: easy :turianass: then you need maxed everything. But it really isn't necessary depending on how good at the game you and the random strangers you find are.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

West007 posted:

There are two things to make platinum relatively.
1) Take classes with good survivability. Anything with stealth grid, cloak, shield boost, flak cannon. Adepts, engineers, and vanguards have trouble with the amount of fire flying around. Sentinels can work, although you want a really good gun.
2) For the love of god, if someone has stealth, let them complete hack / upload objectives on their own. A fully coordinated murder team can maybe hold the point, but it's so much easier to just let one guy sit there and lead the bosses / dogs around the other side of the map.

A good gun is obviously a good idea, but the Hurricane is the best close range gun in the game. Rank XX characters are not at all necessary, even rank X isn't important if you can build a character's gimmick by level 20.

Other news, the batarian vanguard is out. And ... it's another UR character with a gimmick that's mediocre on higher difficulties.

He's got charge, annihilation field, flak cannon, two soldier passives, and his punch detonates combos. The idea is apparently to charge -> melee detonate -> charge. Unfortunately the recharge penalty on AF means you can't really survive that unless you use recharge speed boosters. Smart play is probably to focus on flak cannon, using charge for movement and shields, rather than as a way to get into enemies faces.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Dilb posted:

There are two things to make platinum relatively.
1) Take classes with good survivability. Anything with stealth grid, cloak, shield boost, flak cannon. Adepts, engineers, and vanguards have trouble with the amount of fire flying around. Sentinels can work, although you want a really good gun.
2) For the love of god, if someone has stealth, let them complete hack / upload objectives on their own. A fully coordinated murder team can maybe hold the point, but it's so much easier to just let one guy sit there and lead the bosses / dogs around the other side of the map.

A good gun is obviously a good idea, but the Hurricane is the best close range gun in the game. Rank XX characters are not at all necessary, even rank X isn't important if you can build a character's gimmick by level 20.

Other news, the batarian vanguard is out. And ... it's another UR character with a gimmick that's mediocre on higher difficulties.

He's got charge, annihilation field, flak cannon, two soldier passives, and his punch detonates combos. The idea is apparently to charge -> melee detonate -> charge. Unfortunately the recharge penalty on AF means you can't really survive that unless you use recharge speed boosters. Smart play is probably to focus on flak cannon, using charge for movement and shields, rather than as a way to get into enemies faces.

Something tells me they probably considered a charge/nova/annihilation field power set and said, "Nah, that's too much fun."

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

tribbledirigible posted:

Something tells me they probably considered a charge/nova/annihilation field power set and said, "Nah, that's too much fun."

Which is interesting, because when I rolled with those powers in single player I found it to be somewhat underwhelming. I found it more effective to roll Charge/Nova/Throw, with nova and throw specced for priming.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Luceo posted:

If there's no equivalent of Varric/Garrus then I might as well never start this game :sigh:

Go everywhere with vetra and drack.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

xarph posted:

Seconding this amazing combo. Also Drack and Jaal have some really interesting conversations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

xarph posted:

I feel like they started out by having Vetra be "female Garrus" then for some reason pulled back on that idea and instead made her story all about her dumb sister.

Dilb posted:

Other news, the batarian vanguard is out. And ... it's another UR character

oh gently caress right off bioware

At least I have Batarian Scrapper now. Snap Freeze > Punch Face is a good power set.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I saw a guy with a Shorty Siphon X this morning

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Imagine a Hurricane Siphon X :allears:

Anyone seen a rank XX UR character in the wild? Barring good luck, it seems like that would take literally thousands of dollars or more playtime than has existed since the game came out.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

precision posted:

Anyone seen a rank XX UR character in the wild? Barring good luck, it seems like that would take literally thousands of dollars or more playtime than has existed since the game came out.

Given how easy it is to cheat credits, I'm sure there's a few.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

precision posted:

I saw an xx kineticist in the wild once.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

The highest thing I've seen is a Hurricane I Syphon

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I saw some absurdly high variants once - guy had a Charger S Siphon 7 and something like a Concussive Disciple 9

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
The Disciple I understand - it's a silver gun. I've got a pretty high Siphon Ruzad. But high tier variants of gold or UR guns I don't understand. The pool for those tiers is so huge and then variants on top of it.

Incidentally, the Siphon Ruzard makes every kill count for Krogan Rage trigger when I have it out. I'm assuming it's not intentional, but it does make Krogans really funny (power combos triggering rage, etc.).

I also didn't understand why people were excited about the new Batarian, since Annihilation Field, Charge, whatever isn't that novel. But then I got it - it's a batarian, his punches detonate. And he's got a permanent priming field.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Rage triggers on all kinds of non-melee kills I've noticed, and since it's never been patched I assume it's intentional somehow? Or they just used the same code that counts kills for Ascension, because :bioware:

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Rage triggers on all kills as of recently, not just melee. It's a good 1 pointer for the engineer and mercenary.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I could've sworn it's been that way all along, good to know it's intentional. And yeah, once I noticed I respecced my KroEng out of Assault Turret entirely.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It wasn't always that way, it used to be melee kills only. They tweaked it to make Rage more useful when they did their big overhaul on power damage and stuff. They also made it so that Rage always gives HP regen when it's active now, before you had to invest all the way into a rank 5 upgrade to get that.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Its definitely intentional. One of the rage tier 6 upgrades increases its "range" for kills (the other reduces the number required)

A Light Grift
Aug 1, 2011
Just finished this game and I wanted to read some withering goon criticisms. What happened to the single player thread? I don't see it anywhere?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

A Light Grift posted:

Just finished this game and I wanted to read some withering goon criticisms. What happened to the single player thread? I don't see it anywhere?

Its the gaming food megathread now

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

A Light Grift posted:

It's called "Gaming food megathread: Mmm-hmm! This is a tasty bowser!" now.

But the only thing worse than the game's disappointment is goony circle-jerking about it, so you'll have to go pretty far back to find some genuine opinions in it.

A Light Grift
Aug 1, 2011
Maybe not, then.

It's been four hours or so since I beat the game, and I'm having trouble recalling anything that really happened. It's as if some sort of very mediocre fog has been lifted.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

A Light Grift posted:

Maybe not, then.

It's been four hours or so since I beat the game, and I'm having trouble recalling anything that really happened. It's as if some sort of very mediocre fog has been lifted.

Which multiplayer class were you playing when you beat multiplayer so you could post about it in the multiplayer thread?

multiplayer

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Error 404 posted:

Which multiplayer class were you playing when you beat multiplayer so you could post about it in the multiplayer thread?

multiplayer

Honestly man given there are like three posts a day here I don't think it matters

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Two Finger posted:

Honestly man given there are like three posts a day here I don't think it matters

Ehh, the way I said it was dickish, but really the sp thread became the food thread for a reason and I just dont want to invite those shitheads here.

Even if we only have 1 post a week asking if x is a good gun. At least its not...*waves to sp thread*

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Error 404 posted:

Ehh, the way I said it was dickish, but really the sp thread became the food thread for a reason and I just dont want to invite those shitheads here.

Even if we only have 1 post a week asking if x is a good gun. At least its not...*waves to sp thread*

That's fair. I remember similar in the ME3 threads, SP questions used to pop up from time to time and they were just that, questions, where the SP thread became this unending cycle of bullshit.

Also it really sucks that there are like 3 posts a day here. I had such high hopes for this game but it committed the worst crime of all: being dull and annoying.

• Locked thread