Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

you took that one guy's nightingale though, so really, you came out ahead relative to him

Yeah and I didn't pay anything for the privilege. But I find it sort of difficult to find a legitimate use for her. Main reason I wanted Cu was because I'm still missing a generally useful main attacker. I didn't think about rerolling at the start so I don't have Herc or really any other 4star berserker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

This amuses me greatly that their mascot for FGO is the embodiment of the fandom.

Vengarr posted:

There is a postscript to this tale. Today he came back to twitter and posted this:

https://twitter.com/takutotunashi/status/893483492184440833

"The dream came true.

Even though it was in this way, I'm really really glad I kept going to the end."

Gambling addiction scares the loving poo poo out of me.

This however terrifies me to no end. He has almost 30k in cubes!!! Here I am looking at my 18 being like "that's a good collection so far..." :stare:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Revolver Bunker posted:

This amuses me greatly that their mascot for FGO is the embodiment of the fandom.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Got the Lancer Monument I needed to 3rd ascend Cu! Best dog's progress is well on track.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the stupid archer monument won't drop for me.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
had to make a choice between waiting til i got a berserker monument for vlad to get him another ascension or sticking Salter in a good dress and welpo fashion won out

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

I don't get the gudako meme but I want to

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

http://cirnopedia.org/comic_page.php?chapter=00#nav good luck

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I watched a video of the Gudako fight and oh man, poor Gudako.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

genericnick posted:

Probably no realistic chance to ever get Cu zerker after I blew all my quartz on yesterday's rate up with only Nightingale to show for it. This is astonishingly frustrating.

Die

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I didn't spend all of my quartz but I also got nightingale rolling for cuzerker so I think it should be obvious how you get her now

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/invinciblekiku/status/893701240273592320

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Maybe this one has better gatcha odds...

https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/893846116231524352

e:

I guess maybe it's more of a Smash thing? I dunno, i'd play Gil in Smash Bros though, that's for sure.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 5, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Summer 2017 aka Baal fuckin hates FGO

https://mobile.twitter.com/enptea3/status/893853480657367040/video/1

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Fate Whackey Races is always good, and lol @ Mos Espa Speedway.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
those are sure some realistic boob physics

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ishtar Welfare being a thing absolved all of my problems and then they showed the summer Helena and I just got annoyed they put another servant I wanted in there after I tried to get Penthesilea and got loving Holmes

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Now this is podracing

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

No swimsuit husbandos.

gently caress this.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pureauthor posted:

No swimsuit husbandos.

gently caress this.

Same. When will we get Hawaian Shirt Cu dammit!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Kahuna Julius Gaius Ceasar! Speedo Blackbeard!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Speedo Romulus!

... Wait, I guess that's regular Romulus anyway.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dunno how actually good either of these are but I wanted Shinjuku Avenger so EMIYA alter was a nice bonus.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
you got

a man from detroit

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

bob

is cool.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nitocris has a Medjeb kickboard that makes faces.

https://twitter.com/Kei_Lori/status/893865346947350530

What did they do to Babbage

https://twitter.com/kumaaggai/status/893858746853543936

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm curious if any of these will wind up just being alternate outfits using the new costume system instead of actual new servants.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Buster shirt for Nobunaga. :allears:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bakanogami posted:

I'm curious if any of these will wind up just being alternate outfits using the new costume system instead of actual new servants.

I'd definitely be down for a large scale wave of alternate outfits, rather than painful 5 star servants to roll for. Though I guess it matters less for me, being US-only.

Also,

:toot:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I kind of feel like sitting on as many grails as possible in the event I get better or at least different 4*/5* down the road. I could see myself putting in 7 for Herc eventually because his curve is Reverse S but a part of wants to hold out hope that I get say Jeanne Alter for the rest.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Grailed level stat growth is linear, previous stat curve is irrelevant. Herc would get the same amount of stats from grailing him up as any other 4*.

And yeah, lvl 80-90 is overkill for most things until way down the line in Camelot, so you might as well save your grails for those servants you love.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Edit: ^ :argh:

Well, grail growth is always linear, so you don't need to worry about the stat curve.

Personally, I'm just putting one grail on Altera for now, but the rest I'm saving to get Serenity and Astolfo to 90 when they drop. Definitely want to get all three to max eventually though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder if they'll ever implement a universal level cap raise for more difficult content.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder if they'll ever implement a universal level cap raise for more difficult content.

There is no small amount of suspicion that Part 2 proper, starting next year, will introduce fifth ascensions and above in some fashion.

Also, it amuses me that, when we finally see Nero with her trademark bun down, she basically turns into Blonde Estelle Bright. Amuses me for, y'know, Some Reason™.

... For real tho, I'm not the only one who sees it, right

I'm a little bummed that it seems Summer Jalter does seem to be just an art thing, but what we're getting looks like a ton of fun. Looking forward to next week and a likely free Ishtarin.

... For double real, tho, where the hell is Casual Shirt Chulainn

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Grail for love, not for stats

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I think Summer Ishtar is speculated to be a Caster. If she is, she'll probably be an offense based Caster. Since I'm already saving all my grails on JP for Ishtar, I wonder if I should grail welfare Ishtar. My money is on her being a better Offensive Caster than Illya.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Trihugger posted:

I think Summer Ishtar is speculated to be a Caster. If she is, she'll probably be an offense based Caster. Since I'm already saving all my grails on JP for Ishtar, I wonder if I should grail welfare Ishtar. My money is on her being a better Offensive Caster than Illya.

She's very likely to be the free Servant of the event (since a large part of the point of the free Servants, especially during major seasonals, is to let people get a version of a popular character who is otherwise difficult to obtain), so she'd be a good target for grailing if you want to follow the golden rule of grailing like Bholder outlined. And since there's no lore reason for Ishtar to have an NP that trashes her damage for three turns, and DW has hopefully learned their lesson about random-chance skills, yeah, she would hopefully make a pretty good offensive Caster.

(If the racing theme means she ends up being the longed-for Quick Support Caster, though, I will laugh. Then keep laughing all the way to the bank beside my Jack.)

Bakanogami posted:

Almost certainly not, for better or worse; they use Summer as an excuse to give characters who otherwise might never get alternate versions a chance to show off in a different class or look, and occasionally to make them easier to obtain (e.g., Summer Scath for people who couldn't roll her during rate-up, Summer Nobu here for people who somehow missed both Honnouji runs, etc). Everyone we saw is likely to be an obtainable Servant.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Bholder posted:

Grail for love, not for stats

agreed, gonna have that level 100 astolfo

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just reached Camelot and my Jalter is still level 60 because these golem crystals will not drop at all for me. I don't think I'm going to have a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

SpaceDrake posted:

There is no small amount of suspicion that Part 2 proper, starting next year, will introduce fifth ascensions and above in some fashion.

BAD CIVILIZATION