Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

You know what you have to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I want something like AirPods that's not AirPods since normal EarPods don't stay in my right ear.

Left ear is great fit, but my right ear is not.

I have Jaybird X3's but the in-ear monitors are actually huge and it's really not comfortable at all.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Thwomp posted:

How many times while wearing headphones/earbuds do you really need to adjust the volume?
would do fine.

All the loving time. The volume normalization is terrible, even with sound check on, or whatever it's called that's supposed to adjust the volume of songs automatically.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

EconOutlines posted:

Get Plantronics Backbeats Fits instead.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

All the loving time. The volume normalization is terrible, even with sound check on, or whatever it's called that's supposed to adjust the volume of songs automatically.

In my experience, all Sound Check does is gently caress up the volume in a totally different way.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Using them with a MacBook Pro also doesn't work unless I turn the Bluetooth off on my iPhone (which renders the Apple Watch useless)

This is more a problem with the wireless spectrum but they're definitely not the seamless experience I expected.

I just tested this. Switched back and forth between my iPhone 7 and MacBook Air several times by picking the AirPods from the menu and it worked as expected. Sounds like something's up with your device(s).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Weedle posted:

I just tested this. Switched back and forth between my iPhone 7 and MacBook Air several times by picking the AirPods from the menu and it worked as expected. Sounds like something's up with your device(s).

I think you might have mentioned this before. Can you try playing a video on VLC on your MacBook with your phone nearby please?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I think you might have mentioned this before. Can you try playing a video on VLC on your MacBook with your phone nearby please?

I dunno man. Works fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What year is the Air? I'm on a mid 2013 rMBP and a 6s+

Might bring these pods back and get a replacement

Weedle
May 31, 2006

What year is the Air? I'm on a mid 2013 rMBP and a 6s+

Might bring these pods back and get a replacement

2014 Air. I'm on a 7 Plus, though, so maybe the W1 chip makes a difference.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

EconOutlines posted:

Alright these are really loving cool. Normal Earpods feel kind of uncomfortable because they don't stick in my ears well, but without the cable dragging them down these things are comfortable as gently caress. They are SO light! I tried to shake them loose from my head but I couldn't do it without really going crazy. The quality is OK but I didn't expect anything special. I really like how they were already paired via iCloud to my Mac when I got home. All I have to do is open the case and stick one in and my Mac's sound is coming from them, and it only takes a few clicks or taps to 'steal' priority from another device.

And yes clicking the case feels so good.

Alright. To be honest I just bought these so I didn't have to deal with wires in bed if I wanted to watch YouTube or a TV show or whatever while my gf sleeps. I could see myself wearing these on my commute though, or maybe just at work.

I don't see myself washing them by mistake like you guys, but I could definitely see them getting lost...

Anyhow. Yeah. Okay. Fine. I like the AirPods.

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/3QARG

Really not liking that white trim up front

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I don't even know why they would bother making a white version of the new design.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

They won't, that looks awful. MKBHD is cool but he doesn't have any insider info with Apple like he does with RED.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

comper posted:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/3QARG

Really not liking that white trim up front

I don't like the colors either but I would love if they went back to the 4/4S back glass with a more square/flat look/

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

RVProfootballer posted:

Does iOS keep trying to use wifi over data even when it can't? Or is it just staying latched onto wifi long after the signal is too poor to be usable? Android now will keep using data even if you've auto-connected to some portal that needs a log in or isn't functional in some way, but still does tend to try to keep connected to wifi too long out of range.

Both.

At work I have a wifi network without internet (sometimes, it's a long story), and I have to turn wifi off to get anything to load.

When leaving the house and walking down my street, the phone will claim to have 1 bar of WiFi pretty much all the way to the end of the road, and again, I have to turn wifi off to get anything to load.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Got an e-mail from Apple saying my phone is ready for collection and that they only replaced the screen and that's all I'll be charged for!

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I'm going through a clear out of apps I've downloaded but never really use. Does anyone use any of the Adobe apps and can vouch for whether any of them are any better than non-Adobe equivalents? Like, I probably don't need Lightroom as well as Snapseed and Enlight for touching up photos. (Don't really need all 3 tbh with the in built Photos stuff)

Photoshop Fix seems useful at least for the content-aware-fill tool.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I like Adobe capture for importing scans into Acrobat. It's not great but the workflow is awesome. I've never used any of the other ones.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Yeah the only real reason to prefer the Adobe apps on iOS IMO is if you have Adobe workflow on your desktop too. The CC integration is really good, but it seems like if you're just working on your phone, you can get away using any of the competing apps just fine.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

What's recommended that's similar to Adobe Comp?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Today I realized Handoff works from Chrome on my Mac to Safari on my iPhone. Has this always been the case? (On iOS 11 and Sober Sierra)

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

carry on then posted:

What's recommended that's similar to Adobe Comp?

Is that Adobe's competitor to Sketch? Not sure what the mobile equivalent of competitors would be.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I am debating getting AirPods. I have some Powerbeats 2 and the cord pulls them out of my ears all the time. Talk me in to or out of making the change.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What phone and other mac stuff do you have?

Do you use any non apple stuff?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Are the beatsx any different in that regard? Obv not completely wireless

I like mine.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I am debating getting AirPods. I have some Powerbeats 2 and the cord pulls them out of my ears all the time. Talk me in to or out of making the change.

How are you wearing the Powerbeats that the cord pulls them out?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

All my other stuff is Apple. Phone, laptop, watch, Apple TV, iPad.

Wearing it with cord behind my neck. Have tried it in front too with same problems.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They're awesome, and if you don't like them return them?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

How are you wearing the Powerbeats that the cord pulls them out?

That's the question I have. The clips keep them on my ears and I've never had them come even close to falling out.

:confused:

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

[quote="“MarcusSA”" post="“475069088”"]
That’s the question I have. The clips keep them on my ears and I’ve never had them come even close to falling out.

:confused:
[/quote]

I have glasses so maybe that’s the problem? I have to tuck the clip under my glasses to get them to even go in my ears.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I have glasses so maybe that’s the problem? I have to tuck the clip under my glasses to get them to even go in my ears.

Get laser eye surgery like all the tech CEOs so you don't need to worry about glasses during the imminent apocalypse.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Well I just posted above about mine. I was completely against them at first:
1) 200+ buckaroos for earbuds!?
2) EarPods feel weird to me
3) I already have great IEMs and great over-ears and great cheapo buds - is wireless really worth it?

Every time they came up in the thread I tried to impulse buy them but they were out of stock. They weren't this time.
1) They are still expensive
2) Without the weight of the cable, they feel a lot more comfortable than EarPods, and certainly less itchy than my IEMs
3) I can still use my other audio gear when I'm chasing quality - but these are great for relaxed listening with no cord tangles to worry about. Just pop 'em in your pocket and go.

Basically, even though I'm trying to save money, I still think it was a very good impulse buy and I won't be returning mine. You always can if you don't like them though. I thought they were stupid but goons peer pressured me and I fell in love so, give 'em a go.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I think the biggest thing for me is I really don't like how they look while in peoples ears. It just looks odd.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

[quote="“Nostalgia4Dogges”" post="“475068480”"]
Are the beatsx any different in that regard? Obv not completely wireless

I like mine.
[/quote]

My BeatsX don’t have that problem unless they get caught on a tree branch, but I only use them when doing yard work. Otherwise, I only use my AirPods and have even more or less retired my Bose Soundsports completely (even though they have the superior sound amongst my BT earbuds). The lack of cord does make the AirPods feel even lighter than they probably are, and sometimes I forget I even have them in my ears if I’ve paused something for a length of time.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I went ahead and ordered the AirPods. Is the fit exactly the same as the EarPods? I had an old pair that I cut the cords off of and walked around for a while with them in and they were fine.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I went ahead and ordered the AirPods. Is the fit exactly the same as the EarPods? I had an old pair that I cut the cords off of and walked around for a while with them in and they were fine.

Yep.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

MarcusSA posted:

I think the biggest thing for me is I really don't like how they look while in peoples ears. It just looks odd.

You'll get over it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rage-saq posted:

You'll get over it.

I definitely will with ear pods 2.0 and the change it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Do you throw the airpods right in your pocket or do you always carry them with the case? Considering buying em as well.