Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Trip report: me and the GF went to the cinema with the intention of seeing Valerian but it was sunny out and it looks poo poo so we didn't go. That's my Valerian story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm glad of it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zzulu posted:

I'm glad of it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So are Dunkirk, Spider-Man, and Emoji Movie seriously the only movies making back their budgets this summer?

Is it time for a "Millennials Are Killing Summer Movies" hot take?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Didn't Wonder Woman make a shitload of money too?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Go emoji movie go!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it owns that the best movie of 2017 is the most profitable (:getout:)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Logan and Get Out are at the top of my list for 2017 so far.

I'm sure there are better movies, but if they don't catch my interest on a trailer I'm not going to give em a chance.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Logan and Get Out are at the top of my list for 2017 so far.

I'm sure there are better movies, but if they don't catch my interest on a trailer I'm not going to give em a chance.

Yeah same. Loved Logan. Get Out was also great.

The other stuff I really liked was Lego Batman and... XXX 3 👀😳

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Guardians 2 and Spiderman: Homecoming have been my faves so far.

Logan was pretty good too.

It's me, I'm the omniculture consumer. I love the endless trash.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They were also both surprisingly good. I didn't like guardians one at all but really enjoyed the second.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I feel like since we don't really get major straight up comedy movies anymore (last major one I can remember that was any good was 21 Jump Street), the funnier comic book movies have essentially filled that role.

Like I was just loving laughing for almost all of Spiderman: Homecoming, it's much more of a comedy movie than an action movie.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Just watched the last BotW, jesus loving kennedy. I'm not sure I've ever laughed more at a Best of the Worst, but I was laughing more at the films themselves than the jokes. Josh was good in this episode and he's fine in general, frig the haters.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
no he's not and never say "frig" again you loving Josh

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Josh is mostly "fine" but when he's bad he's real bad.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
People who say frig aren't people

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Someone post the Best of Josh video.

Oh, right, you can't. It doesn't exist.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
On the other hand, the "Rich Evans mispronouncing words" video exists and whoever made it needs to update it now.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Someone post the Best of Josh video.

Oh, right, you can't. It doesn't exist.

Juicy Shaq Meat?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gildiss posted:

Juicy Shaq Meat?

Juicy Shaq Meat exists in spite of Josh.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tejVykfuF7o
Look at him trying to seriously discuss that bullshit cannibal movie, while one of the funniest RLM moments happens.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Look at him trying to seriously discuss that bullshit cannibal movie, while one of the funniest RLM moments happens.

Yeah dude is a plague and I even noticed him harshing the vibes on older episodes from behind the camera trying to inject his lovely quips and comments.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Josh thinks the point of the discussion is to describe these movies in their entirety to us.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Paladinus posted:

I think in that one specific case it's funny because they're trying to ignore him blandly explaining a film, but it would have been even better if they turned down his audio over time as he drones on, for comedic effect. Or fired him, whatever.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I was impressed that Rich was able to the pronounce the grapheme (the german letter ß) as a double-S rather than as a B while reading the back of Mad Foxes. I'm sure he hosed up other parts of his reading, but he got that part right.

corn in the bible posted:

People who say frig aren't people

frig off lahey!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Weirdo posted:

I was impressed that Rich was able to the pronounce the grapheme (the german letter ß) as a double-S rather than as a B while reading the back of Mad Foxes. I'm sure he hosed up other parts of his reading, but he got that part right.

frig off lahey!!

I think Rich knows some German.

It was far from ideal, but intelligible for the most part.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 5, 2017

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Paladinus posted:

I think Rich knows some German.

It was far from ideal, but intelligible for the most part.

(I'm sorry)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
February and March were extremely dope.

Summer '17 loving blows.

And Winter is another lovely Star War movie and Justice League: Mustache Reshoots.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Watching jurassic world again. Mike is a hack fraud for loving this movie. It's not awful, but for every interesting thing it does, it undercuts itself with bad cgi and a godawful soundtrack by giacchino that is only kept from being his weakest by virtue of not being his audio vomit for rogue one. And none of the characters are interesting apart from over the top Vince donofrio

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
He liked Independence Day 2 and that was one of the worst movies I've seen in the past 15 years

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The alcohol has melted the part of my his brain that can distinguish good from bad.

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

Arcsquad12 posted:

Watching jurassic world again. Mike is a hack fraud for loving this movie. It's not awful, but for every interesting thing it does, it undercuts itself with bad cgi and a godawful soundtrack by giacchino that is only kept from being his weakest by virtue of not being his audio vomit for rogue one. And none of the characters are interesting apart from over the top Vince donofrio

That but also how all the key scenes in the movie make zero sense. The scene where the frankensaurus escapes and the raptor pen trailer shot scene were the kind of poo poo pre-alcohol-induced-brain-rot Mike would have savagely dissected in a Plinkett review.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

a bone to pick posted:

He liked Independence Day 2 and that was one of the worst movies I've seen in the past 15 years

It's so loving bad.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PostNouveau posted:

It's so loving bad.

Still better than Transformers in almost every way other than the blatant China cock holstering.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

February and March were extremely dope.

Summer '17 loving blows.

And Winter is another lovely Star War movie and Justice League: Mustache Reshoots.

Thor Ragnarok looks cool.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Universe Master posted:

Thor Ragnarok looks cool.

Yah I was gonna say this. Surprised to see it is a November release, wonder why they put it then if there were reshoots or delays or something. Seems like quite a few summer weekends it could have won the box office easily.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm at the part where they're in the Jimmy Fallon bubble ride. gently caress, the cgi for Walking With Dinosaurs is better than this, and that show came out in the 90s

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

I havent seen Jurassic World but i saw a clip where the raptors all had their heads poking through a wall and were being held by little cages that kept their heads in place, and it was obvious CG. It stuck out to me because I know in the original Jurassic Park, a scene like that would've used actual physical puppets and it would have looked a million times better. The scene in Jurassic Park where the raptor kills the hunter and then there's a close-up of a snake crawling past a raptor's eye still looks totally real. Today it would have been obvious fake CG.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

priznat posted:

Yah I was gonna say this. Surprised to see it is a November release, wonder why they put it then if there were reshoots or delays or something. Seems like quite a few summer weekends it could have won the box office easily.

Summer was pretty crowded this year, and November usually has a big release but was open.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm at the part where they're in the Jimmy Fallon bubble ride. gently caress, the cgi for Walking With Dinosaurs is better than this, and that show came out in the 90s

It really isn't. Walking has aged horribly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm at the part where they're in the Jimmy Fallon bubble ride.

:suicide:

• Locked thread