Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Amy Pole Her posted:

I'm spinning to increase endurance.

I'm good on food and weight. Pretty steady 180 @ 5'11 and happy with myself

It seems eating for improved performance is more complex than eating for a beach bod so I'm not sure. Hell eat the kit kat, I would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Crazy, how is the scenery in spin class?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hot Diggity! posted:

Goddamn late night posting means I missed a life of Brian joke and I'm a dummy

I realized that I'm going to miss week 1 of the season but it's to see Queens of the Stone Age so it's an alright tradeoff
:hellyeah: I loving love QotSA

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
gently caress deadlifts

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

weird Asian candy posted:

Crazy, how is the scenery in spin class?

How do you think I was lured into it in the first place

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Amy Pole Her posted:

How do you think I was lured into it in the first place

my man

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Mel Mudkiper posted:

gently caress deadlifts

oh, another goon lifter? let us converse about fitness. i also go to the gym frequently

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

a patagonian cavy posted:

oh, another goon lifter? let us converse about fitness. i also go to the gym frequently

they are heavy and it sucks lifting things that are really heavy thats my 2 cents

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

they are heavy and it sucks lifting things that are really heavy thats my 2 cents

Counterpoint: it is fun and good

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

really tho its pretty dumb that working out is hard

they should figure out how to make it not so hard

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Im gonna just buy a bunch of fake weights so it looks like I am crazy strong and call it a day

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Im gonna just buy a bunch of fake weights so it looks like I am crazy strong and call it a day

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18815142&sf59972517=1

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We almost got treated to the hat trick

You can do it Mel. Thaddeus was lucky to sneak in there

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

really tho its pretty dumb that working out is hard

they should figure out how to make it not so hard
said every middle-aged white woman ever

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Eli Wiggum posted:

:hellyeah: I loving love QotSA

It's gonna own. Going with my Lions buddy and his girlfriend to catch them at a pretty small venue in Michigan

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's gonna own. Going with my Lions buddy and his girlfriend to catch them at a pretty small venue in Michigan
Saw them at The Aragon three years ago. Everyone in the Chicago thread bitches about that venue but that concert owned so hard. It's a testament to how great of a band they are.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

when did riding an exercycle turn into 'spinning'

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

The class is frequently called spin. I don't think anybody calls jumping on a stationary bike "spinning"

Edit: according to wiki indoor cycling classes have been called spin as early as 1897 so apparently they have always been known that I wa not aware!

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 5, 2017

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Amy Pole Her posted:

We almost got treated to the hat trick

You can do it Mel. Thaddeus was lucky to sneak in there

Just tryna help Mel build his posting endurance, he's gotta work his way up to getting them all in without taking a break.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

It's known as spin class

You of all people could've googled that in 2 seconds

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Thaddius the Large posted:

Just tryna help Mel build his posting endurance, he's gotta work his way up to getting them all in without taking a break.

Look if I don;t take a break in between posting sets I will tear something

I have to make sure my form and content is solid on each rep

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am very tired after today's workout. I think I will take the dogs over to the new house tho.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

The class is frequently called spin. I don't think anybody calls jumping on a stationary bike "spinning"

Edit: according to wiki indoor cycling classes have been called spin as early as 1897 so apparently they have always been known that I wa not aware!

ok so it's spinning if it's a class but if you're just doing it alone it's not spinning

that makes loads of sense

Amy Pole Her posted:

It's known as spin class

You of all people could've googled that in 2 seconds

my intent was not to get information, it was to complain about the kids these days and their weird terms, but it seems I failed because apparently spinning is an ancient technique known to our ancestors

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Worked shoulders and biceps today. Feelin good. I've lost about 8 pounds since I decided to do this. Trying just to get back to a healthy weight and not be so skinnyfat.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Eli Wiggum posted:

Saw them at The Aragon three years ago. Everyone in the Chicago thread bitches about that venue but that concert owned so hard. It's a testament to how great of a band they are.

I had a ticket to that but was too sick to go

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

ok so it's spinning if it's a class but if you're just doing it alone it's not spinning

that makes loads of sense

my intent was not to get information, it was to complain about the kids these days and their weird terms, but it seems I failed because apparently spinning is an ancient technique known to our ancestors

Ok

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Who are these people hatin' on the Aragon? That venue owns.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Filthy Casual posted:

Who are these people hatin' on the Aragon? That venue owns.

Me but it's mostly because I like places like the Empty Bottle much more. Aragon is okay but man do they overcharge on beer.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

gently caress deadlifts

get the gently caress out

ive got a big crossfit competition coming up in about 7 weeks in pensacola

doing this as a combo coming back from injury/doing big competitions again

did a set of 6 shoulder to overhead in a wod today!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Fiz how do you get a gym all to yourself?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Everytime someone claims to have lifted I want a verification photo.

Outside of Fiz I'm assuming all of you are lardos just claiming to be healthy

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ehuds even known as a beefcake in the comic world. He's got cred.

Mel tho lol

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ehud posted:

you suck off the gym owner

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

This is the key to a happy life and I must know the answer.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
My wife and I have an ongoing dispute as to whether to turn the carport (not the garage, previous owner collected cars) into a home gym or a guest house for her parents. I feel like my $3000 renovation is way more reasonable than her $50,000 renovation, and she feels like I should stop my bitching and learn to put up drywall so it doesn't cost so much. I'll probably lose the battle on this one, but the upshot is I'll probably wind up with my own Groverhaus to show off.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

befriend a gym owner.

work for him for free for a free membership

get a key

do your own thing

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Thaddius the Large posted:

My wife and I have an ongoing dispute as to whether to turn the carport (not the garage, previous owner collected cars) into a home gym or a guest house for her parents. I feel like my $3000 renovation is way more reasonable than her $50,000 renovation, and she feels like I should stop my bitching and learn to put up drywall so it doesn't cost so much. I'll probably lose the battle on this one, but the upshot is I'll probably wind up with my own Groverhaus to show off.

Drywall and framing are easy enough. It's the planning, electric and plumbing that are terrible. And all the finish work. And all of it really.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

befriend a gym owner.

get a key

do your own thing

huh

it really is all about who you know

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

I like to imagine he uses his celebrity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

befriend a gym owner.

get a key

do your own thing

This triggers the hell out of as a gym employee as I have nightmares of members coming in after hours and getting killed using our equipment

• Locked thread