Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
God, I can't wait to become a manty connoisseur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Ferret King posted:

God, I can't wait to become a manty connoisseur.

Everyone has a hobby, man

mystes
May 31, 2006

Just get cheap compression shorts from target or walmart or something (size up if they're actually tight). They're usually around like $7 and they're better than all the stupid fancy underwear. They dry quickly, don't chafe at all and you can exercise (running, etc.) in them, too. I think I originally got theme for exercise, but they were so much better than my other underwear in every way that I just started wearing them all the time. (They're also much better than the absolutely terrible built-in liners that running shorts have.)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
just :lol: forever if you run with underwear under your shorts. That's a smell that will never leave. Enjoy your chafed gooch too.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

The peak design bags are fine. I've had a messenger since the beginning and it's held together remarkably well so far.

Definitely better for mirrorless, but it survived 3x CES trips with a Nikon FF kit. Never had an issue with the straps, never had an issue with the waterproofing. The only weak point is there's no pad really on the strap. Just don't be a loving moron and you'll be fine, or get a domke US postal service pad for 12 bucks.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

just :lol: forever if you run with underwear under your shorts. That's a smell that will never leave. Enjoy your chafed gooch too.
I actually had all of those problems with fancy running shorts.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

mystes posted:

Just get cheap compression shorts from target or walmart or something (size up if they're actually tight). They're usually around like $7 and they're better than all the stupid fancy underwear. They dry quickly, don't chafe at all and you can exercise (running, etc.) in them, too. I think I originally got theme for exercise, but they were so much better than my other underwear in every way that I just started wearing them all the time. (They're also much better than the absolutely terrible built-in liners that running shorts have.)

I have compression boxers too and they are nowhere near as comfortable as good underwear for everyday wear. They are good for sports though.

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm not sure I understand this? Do you suggest people don't wear anything under their shorts when they run?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Not wearing underwear while running sounds like an excellent way to get testicular torsion.

Never want that again.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

LingcodKilla posted:

Not wearing underwear while running sounds like an excellent way to get testicular torsion.

Never want that again.

Just hold your balls while running

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

My ranking is Saxx>Airism>Under Armour>Ex Officio.

Cancelled. I gotta stop browsing this thread during moments of weakness.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Bought a bottle of Bellwoods Brewing Jelly King Cherry.

Regular Jelly King is possibly my favourite Canadian beer, and I love cherries. I'm so excited :3:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Monkey Shoulder

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

null_pointer posted:

Cancelled. I gotta stop browsing this thread during moments of weakness.

I'm truly sorry

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ex Officio is like Dell during the 2000s. People who didn't know any better thought they were awesome but actually they're trash garbage.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I bought a pair of SAXX on Amazon tonight. Let's see how they feel. I have a few pairs of "Icrebreaker" brand boxer briefs that are (at least part) merino wool and I love them. It will be interesting to see how SAXX measure up.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

mystes posted:

Monkey Shoulder

sorry

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Does anyone have a microfiber bath towel? The one I got from REI starts to smell like 3 days after washing.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Josh Lyman posted:

Ex Officio is like Dell during the 2000s. People who didn't know any better thought they were awesome but actually they're trash garbage.

Tbh I like Ex Officio better than Airism/Adidas/Me Undies (although maybe I just got a bad material I guess). I don't like them enough relative to airism to spend the extra money, but for me at least they were way more wicking and overall more comfortable. Bought a pair of obviously to try, but really I think this isn't something where there's a 'right' answer that works for everyone.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Flipperwaldt posted:

It's loving huge, that's what it is.

That's the loving NASA janitor EDC of 2017.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

The Ferret King posted:

I'm truly sorry

Funny thing is, when I woke up, this morning, I remembered that I had bought a pair of wicking underwear when I climbed Mt. Washington, last year. Dug through the underwear drawer and there they were -- a pair of ExOfficios.

As I remembered, they were fairly middlin' -- a little baggy, and not much junk-support. Bullet dodged.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

Received / bought a bunch of books and zines for my birthday. They might be a bit hard to read, so (roughly clockwise from top left): The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders / Zonzo & Mox Nox - Joan Cornellà / Cabinet of Natural Curiosities - Albertus Seba / New York Drawings - Adrian Tomine / The Complete Little Nemo - Alexander Braun / I Draw, I Draw People, I Draw People Everywhere by Bruno Gallagher / The Times I Knew I Was Gay - Eleanor Crewes / My Daddy - Roger Hargreaves / Tintin: The Art of Hergé - Michel Daubert.

The Little Nemo book is gigantic and won't fit on any of my shelves.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm speaking from a professional photographer perspective that was given the bags to try out:

The Peak Design backpack is a failure for photo gear. The dividers being stacked vertically makes for terrible layouts for gear and unnecessary stress and weight on the various cameras/lenses. The bag can't hold nearly as much as any other camera backpack, and the layout of the rest of the bag isn't very efficient either. I'd recommend Incase, Think Tank, and Lowepro over this any day of the week.

The Everyday Messenger from Peak is ok. Definitely not worth 250-300 bucks. Has a lot of questionable design decisions (and a major one - the strap system can easily come undone and the bag will just fall right off your shoulder/torso), but is a decently functional bag. The dividers were hyped up and are kinda meh for both spacial changing ability and protection. Ok for mirrorless or a general messenger bag, not great for DSLRS. The 13" is useless, go with the 15".

I have the everyday messenger and I'm quite fond of it. I got mine for $200 from Touch of Modern and also got $50 in store credit back. Mostly I just really like the quick closure on it. It's great for quick lens swaps. Personally I have never had the shoulder strap system come undone and I've had it for a good two years now. I do agree the dividers are less impressive than they hype them out to be. Overall I like the look and it works well enough for what I got it for.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Core i5 7400 Kaby Lake 3.0GHz (clocked at 3.4GHz)
Gigabyte GA-Z270 K3
Kolink 500W PSU
Samsung 120gb SSD
Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
Corsair 16gb DDR4 3000Mhz (2x8gb)
Coolermaster Hyper TX3 heatsink & fan
CiT F4 Midi Case
Windows 10 Pro 32/64bit

Custom built from Freshtech, added in my extra HDD's and my Blu Ray writer from my old failing rig.

Bought my first ever OS in the form of Win 10 Pro, had previously always swiped a key from whatever office job i had at the time, but since giving up the IT game I figured it was time to own my own legit copy of Windows.

All up this cost just shy of £1000 delivered in 4 working days. It's a vast improvement over my old computer that had a failing mobo and was down to detecting just 1 x 2gb stick of ram from the 6 that were installed, needless to say Windows, let alone any other application / game, didn't like running on 2gb RAM and constant crashes / restarts forced my hand to buy this.

Freshtech was a real good way of matching a HUGE selection of parts to mix and match, getting everything I wanted within my budget, built, and delivered in a reasonable time. Would recommend them to any UK goons that are tired of building their own PC's but still want to flexibility of choosing exactly the parts they want.

Loving it so far.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Sexual Lorax posted:

Replying to support the "wrong reason" part of "you got the right knife for the wrong reason" without piling on. Be safe, and please don't make any potential future bad situations worse for yourself.

Also, I want to emphasize the "right knife" part, because I'm jealous as hell of that OTF. Autos haven't been legal for that long where I live, and I've been straight up lusting after a Microtech for tactical mail and package opening duties.

Thanks, it's been the same for me, i've wanted one since i first played with one 15 years ago but am the type that never carries a knife nor uses one. I'm more of a healer class than rouge.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Tenterhooks posted:

Received / bought a bunch of books and zines for my birthday. They might be a bit hard to read, so (roughly clockwise from top left): The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders / Zonzo & Mox Nox - Joan Cornellà / Cabinet of Natural Curiosities - Albertus Seba / New York Drawings - Adrian Tomine / The Complete Little Nemo - Alexander Braun / I Draw, I Draw People, I Draw People Everywhere by Bruno Gallagher / The Times I Knew I Was Gay - Eleanor Crewes / My Daddy - Roger Hargreaves / Tintin: The Art of Hergé - Michel Daubert.

The Little Nemo book is gigantic and won't fit on any of my shelves.

Which Little Nemo did you get? I love mine, and it's exactly as insane as a pre-WWI comic should be.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NewFatMike posted:

Which Little Nemo did you get? I love mine, and it's exactly as insane as a pre-WWI comic should be.

It says "The Complete" and 1905-1909 right there on the pic?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I got a Stitch Fix box to try.

They got my style pretty exactly. The jeans are super soft and fit better than the Lucky Brand I got recently.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm the wet spot on your tummy.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

All you people who say ExOfficios suck are weirdos. They've been fantastic for me. Every time I run out and have to switch back to cotton it's a swamp down there.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Coredump posted:

All you people who say ExOfficios suck are weirdos. They've been fantastic for me. Every time I run out and have to switch back to cotton it's a swamp down there.

We are saying other non-cotton options are better, not that cotton is better.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm the wet spot on your tummy.

Our car has a leak in the radiator, so we have to make sure it's full each morning until we get the new one.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Jerry Cotton posted:

It says "The Complete" and 1905-1909 right there on the pic?

Phone posting, hard to read.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I got a Stitch Fix box to try.

They got my style pretty exactly. The jeans are super soft and fit better than the Lucky Brand I got recently.

Not to be a dick, but how does sending you a t-shirt and a pair of jeans, equal "got my style pretty exactly"? You realize pretty much everyone alive owns jeans and t-shirts, right?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RCarr posted:

Not to be a dick, but how does sending you a t-shirt and a pair of jeans, equal "got my style pretty exactly"? You realize pretty much everyone alive owns jeans and t-shirts, right?

It's 5 items in total, I'm only wearing two of them.

Well, 3 if you count the socks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

It's 5 items in total, I'm only wearing two of them.

Well, 3 if you count the socks.

Gotchya, that makes more sense.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

taqueso posted:

We are saying other non-cotton options are better, not that cotton is better.

Yeah I get that. I'm just saying all the complaints about ExOfficios I haven't experienced. The fabric is nice, it doesn't ride up into my crack, or wicks moisture nicely, etc.

If I like ExOfficios but want to branch out what is considered the "next step up"? Maybe I dunno what I'm missing here.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

RCarr posted:

I only own collard shirts and slacks. Never liked the way tshirts and jeans looked or felt.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just bought something that might get me killed

2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom Special Edition

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Aramek posted:

I only own collard shirts and slacks. Never liked the way tshirts and jeans looked or felt.

SOOOOooooo fahncy! :sissies:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Digital Jedi posted:

Just bought something that might get me killed

2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom Special Edition

I hope you're an organ donor. I know a guy that knew a guy that died on one, that Onion article, etc etc