Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NewFatMike posted:

Phone posting, hard to read.

:lol: it's 2017 who the heck uses the internet via phone just :laffo: (Can't you zoom in tho? I know my lovely Mulia can. It's about the only thing it can do.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

null_pointer posted:

SOOOOooooo fahncy! :sissies:

My pink polo makes me feel fancy and free.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

dpack_1 posted:

Core i5 7400 Kaby Lake 3.0GHz (clocked at 3.4GHz)
Gigabyte GA-Z270 K3
Kolink 500W PSU
Samsung 120gb SSD
Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
Corsair 16gb DDR4 3000Mhz (2x8gb)
Coolermaster Hyper TX3 heatsink & fan
CiT F4 Midi Case
Windows 10 Pro 32/64bit

Custom built from Freshtech, added in my extra HDD's and my Blu Ray writer from my old failing rig.

Bought my first ever OS in the form of Win 10 Pro, had previously always swiped a key from whatever office job i had at the time, but since giving up the IT game I figured it was time to own my own legit copy of Windows.

All up this cost just shy of £1000 delivered in 4 working days. It's a vast improvement over my old computer that had a failing mobo and was down to detecting just 1 x 2gb stick of ram from the 6 that were installed, needless to say Windows, let alone any other application / game, didn't like running on 2gb RAM and constant crashes / restarts forced my hand to buy this.

Freshtech was a real good way of matching a HUGE selection of parts to mix and match, getting everything I wanted within my budget, built, and delivered in a reasonable time. Would recommend them to any UK goons that are tired of building their own PC's but still want to flexibility of choosing exactly the parts they want.

Loving it so far.
Did you run that through the PC Parts picking megathread? It seems to me you could've halved your RAM and put that toward a 1070, unless the computer is more for productivity than gaming.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Coredump posted:

Yeah I get that. I'm just saying all the complaints about ExOfficios I haven't experienced. The fabric is nice, it doesn't ride up into my crack, or wicks moisture nicely, etc.

If I like ExOfficios but want to branch out what is considered the "next step up"? Maybe I dunno what I'm missing here.
The fact that you compared ExOfficios to cotton instead of other poly/spandex underwear shows you're looking at the wrong alternatives.

It's not about a next step up. Ex Officios are probably the most expensive retail underwear in this category--I believe MeUndies and Saxx are more expensive. We're telling you to buy cheaper alternatives that are actually also better.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I'd love to find a nice-fitting bra for thirty bucks. Let's have some equal opportunity underwear chat.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

queserasera posted:

I'd love to find a nice-fitting bra for thirty bucks. Let's have some equal opportunity underwear chat.
I've heard good things about Thirdlove and you can get $15 off using a number of podcast codes.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

queserasera posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3226135 bra thread might be able to help. If you're in a popular or easy size, back to school season might give you some good deals.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

A diaphragm that went into this:

1945 Parker Vacumatic.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

queserasera posted:

Lol, half the goon guys here should use a bra.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Megabound posted:

1945 Parker Vacumatic.

A diaphragm? I bet it doesn't even gently caress

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Megabound posted:

1945 Parker Vacumatic.

They just don’t make Fleshlights like they used to

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I got into looking at flashlights on Wednesday because the ones I have are all crap and I've been doing a lot of car work in the dark.

Lo and behold, Sam's Club included these in their 1 day sale today for $15: https://www.samsclub.com/sams/tasco-led-flashlight/prod16420024.ip

300 lumens max output, which is perfect

80 lumen mode for household use, which is perfect

CREE LED for dat brand assurance

Beam is adjustable by sliding the lense, not twisting, which is cool

Strong rear end magnets on the base to secure it so that I can WORK ON MY CAR IN THE DARK :woop:

Takes 3xAAA batteries which is great since I have a million rechargeables sitting unused

And the overall design is aesthetically pleasing

I wanted to spend <$10 on a single flashlight, but I suspect what I would've gotten would be crap, so 3 for $15 isn't bad at all.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Josh Lyman posted:

Did you run that through the PC Parts picking megathread? It seems to me you could've halved your RAM and put that toward a 1070, unless the computer is more for productivity than gaming.

Wanted 6gb of video memory. A 1070 or 1080 was way outta budget unless i cut down to 8gb of 2133mhz RAM and I figured that would be a worse bottle neck than the 1060 6gb.

When you are budgeting between £850-1000 it all becomes much of a muchness.

It has handled a few benchmarks with satisfactory results for me. Only thing I would like to add is a 500gb SSD for installs. Should otherwise be future proofed for at least 2-3 years as im fine not maxxing out *every* graphics setting.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Dog Case posted:

I hope you're an organ donor. I know a guy that knew a guy that died on one, that Onion article, etc etc

Sadly he died before being able to see this post.

RIP

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Some good stuff from a couple goons and eBay

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Oh gently caress I love Omega Boost, good games.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

drat that's a good spread.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

This pic captures like 4th grade to college for me. Goddamn that's a lot of gaming nostalgia.

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I actually said "Yes!" out loud when I saw this picture

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
gently caress yeah, Oddworld.

Follow me follow me follow me wait hi hi hi hi *fart*

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Some funny backstory on Oddworld from the creator if you're into the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuM6FagqQ20

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Got a new baby at the thrift store. And yes, it does reek of cigarette smoke, so it's authentic.

And this, in awesome shape, for all the random tapes floating around my place

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

Got a new baby at the thrift store. And yes, it does reek of cigarette smoke, so it's authentic.

planning to cosplay as michael cera cosplaying as marlon brando?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Holy poo poo, it's a post from the 80s

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Sexual Shiite posted:

Holy poo poo, it's a post from the 80s
coffee and pie exists in a temporal anomaly where every decade is the 80s

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

Where in the actual gently caress do you find a thrift store where a leather jacket doesn't disappear the moment it's put out.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

ishikabibble posted:

Where in the actual gently caress do you find a thrift store where a leather jacket doesn't disappear the moment it's put out.

Or an oak audio cassette cabinet for that matter.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
1987 is lovely, I'd recommend visiting

ishikabibble posted:

Equal parts it being the middle of summer, it was tucked away all the way in the back, and I check the stores like every week or so. This is actually the second time I've found one, and the first time it was way too small.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
C&P is cool and attractive.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Coffee And Pie posted:

I wanna sit around wearing nothing but that jacket smoking cigarettes and listening to black metal tapes.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Kilometers Davis posted:

I wanna sit around wearing nothing but that jacket smoking cigarettes and listening to black metal tapes.

I gotta do this, especially if I listen to them on this

Coffee And Pie posted:

A lunch break trip to goodwill ended up being a good choice:

Her name is Reba the All-Consuming, and I'm hoping she works or I'll have to return her, gotta buy some d-batteries when I get off work.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Jealous as heck but props on the god tier thrifting!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I still smile whenever I see that loving Ico cover.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

No thrift stores I go to ever have stuff that cool :(

Well, except the time I found a near-mint copy of the Star Wars original trilogy THX box set on VHS for like $6.

...okay, I take back what I said originally

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I got a double rider jacket a few weeks ago at the thrift store near my place for $40. I'm stoked. Definitely one of my white whales.

Just gotta go often enough to score!

LooksLikeABabyRat has a new favorite as of 17:26 on Aug 6, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I got a double rider jacket a few weeks ago at the thrift store near my place for $40. I'm stoked. Definitely one of my white whales.

Just gotta go often enough to score!
Does it count as a thrift store if they're selling jackets for $40?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Coffee And Pie posted:

1987 is lovely, I'd recommend visiting

We're just going to have to disagree about 1987... :argh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Josh Lyman posted:

Goodwill sells the nicer leather jackets for around that price.
Leather goods maintain value and they'd be crazy to throw it out for a fiver.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Josh Lyman posted:

When a good double rider jacket goes for $250-1000 new, yeah $40 is a good deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just bought tickets for a local ComicCon.
An additional $200 will be taken out in cash to spend in the artist alley. It's my favorite part.