Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

emanresu tnuocca posted:

We really didn't dwell on how loving stupid it is for Randyll to switch sides, Jaime's arguments were wholly unconvincing.

but no you see they told you how he hated wildlings. he hates foreigners!

it's like scenes don't take place in the logical order. jaime's argument would've worked after the dothraki attacked or started ravaging the countryside. it doesn't make sense for the guy to break a probably centuries old pact because the dothraki are sitting on some island. plus why would anyone come to cersei's side she's gonna blow you up the first chance she gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
If Tarley was going to switch sides to be LORD of the Reach, it would have made sense to backstab the Lannisters, keep the gold and pledge to Dany. But no, better to lash himself to a sinking Jaimeship.

Edit: also shouldn't cajoling minor lords be Trion and Varyes' actual jobs right now?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 5, 2017

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
Why hasn't old man Tarly lost his poo poo about the priceless family sword disappearing at the exact same time the disappointing son left to nerd school?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

auzdark posted:

Why hasn't old man Tarly lost his poo poo about the priceless family sword disappearing at the exact same time the disappointing son left to nerd school?

Because it's not relevant to the plot and someone is going to need a Valyrian Sword in the final battle (he also could have send someone to Old Town to get the sword, given that he is now the Lord Paramount of the Reach)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sandor gets the sword! SANDOR GETS THE SWORD!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
God, landing at Storm's End would have made so much more sense.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Looking at the region around King's Landing just 3 seasons ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlKdIOQVP9U) and what it looks like today, they have a serious global warming problem. Maybe the White Walkers are just coming to solve it?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Storms End doesn't exist in the show. In fact the Stormlands as a whole don't seem to.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

grack posted:

The show writers really do need to turn the rest of GoT in to a buddy-cop series. Arya/The Hound, Bronn/Tyrion, Brienne/Podrick and Jon/The Night King just getting in to a series of wacky adventures.
Tyrion should be paired up with a talking Drogon

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kromlech posted:

Tyrion should be paired up with a talking Drogon

Also maybe a Tyrion/Davos comedy show in which they roast the incompetence of their respective leaders.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

emanresu tnuocca posted:

We really didn't dwell on how loving stupid it is for Randyll to switch sides, Jaime's arguments were wholly unconvincing.

I'll make you Warden of the South was pretty convincing

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

the tits budget is obviously lower than previous seasons as well.

Tits budget? Tits budget?!? Where's my goddamn dong budget?!? It's been literal seasons since we even saw an extra hang dong! If Olyvar isn't running around naked trying to assassinate Cersei by the end of the season I'm done with this show.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

If Tarley was going to switch sides to be LORD of the Reach, it would have made sense to backstab the Lannisters, keep the gold and pledge to Dany. But no, better to lash himself to a sinking Jaimeship.

Edit: also shouldn't cajoling minor lords be Trion and Varyes' actual jobs right now?

Yeah it seemed like they wanted to make him the Walder Frey of the Reach but he didn't have any scenes with Olenna so that didn't work too well

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Just watched the leak and that was easily one of the best episodes of the series. Stoked to watch it again in HD tomorrow.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Yeah the scenes with Bronn dodging through the battle were pretty cool in the leak but they're gonna look real pretty in the proper episode.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How the gently caress are they going to fit all of the rest of the leaked info into just 3 episodes? Yes I know the answer is "poorly" but think about it, next episode we need to see Jon plead his case to Cersei and then the very next episode he's ranging beyond the wall with the A-team when the Night King gets his Blue Eyes Wright Dragon. How is this going to work?

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How the gently caress are they going to fit all of the rest of the leaked info into just 3 episodes? Yes I know the answer is "poorly" but think about it, next episode we need to see Jon plead his case to Cersei and then the very next episode he's ranging beyond the wall with the A-team when the Night King gets his Blue Eyes Wright Dragon. How is this going to work?

poorly

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maybe some of it's wrong.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Adun posted:

I'll make you Warden of the South was pretty convincing

Also seeing how incompetent Dany was running her campaign probably made it a more obvious survival choice.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

InFlames235 posted:

:smug:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

InFlames235 posted:

The leaks have been 100% on the money so far. Just like for all of last season. (The only discrepancy was whether Ramsey survived episode 9 or not)

So no, they're right. They're all right.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Arya Stark best Stark, that is all. Holy poo poo.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Two hour episodes where characters literally teleport in and out of scenes.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Why doesn't Cersei just switch the realm to buttcoin. Debt problem solved.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why do they need to capture a wight? Just go like 10 feet past the wall and kill some random dude and have him rez in a cage. Or gently caress it kill an animal since its already established they rez too. Why is every plan on this show so loving dumb

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Shneak posted:

Two hour episodes where characters literally teleport in and out of scenes.

I'm down if they do the Star Trek transporter sound.

"Littlefinger you didn't even do anything"
[spock "Didn't I?".gif]

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 6, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rated PG-34 posted:

Why doesn't Cersei just switch the realm to buttcoin. Debt problem solved.

she should just switch to fiat currency

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

The idea of such a powerful foreign banking entity that isn't the seat of power that everyone fights over is p dumb. Dany should just take the iron bank if it really is so powerful.

etalian posted:

she should just switch to fiat currency

Yeah. Any fiat currency would work.

Rated PG-34 fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 6, 2017

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The leaks have been 100% on the money so far. Just like for all of last season. (The only discrepancy was whether Ramsey survived episode 9 or not)

So no, they're right. They're all right.

Not all right. Leaks said Sam went to Westeros with Jorah and that's been wrong. I think they're mostly right but there could be some ways the plot could change a bit so Jon isn't zig zagging so much between KL & the Wall.

CalvinandHobbes
Aug 5, 2004

banned from Starbucks posted:

Why do they need to capture a wight? Just go like 10 feet past the wall and kill some random dude and have him rez in a cage. Or gently caress it kill an animal since its already established they rez too. Why is every plan on this show so loving dumb

don't they only resurrect when acted on by a white walker or the night king? So the plan would be kill some random dude, put him in a cage, wait for a white walker to ressurect him, kill the white walker, get the now-wight back into a cage?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Think the three eye raven can masterbate in his flashback visions without being seen?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CalvinandHobbes posted:

don't they only resurrect when acted on by a white walker or the night king? So the plan would be kill some random dude, put him in a cage, wait for a white walker to ressurect him, kill the white walker, get the now-wight back into a cage?

Pretty sure they come back no matter what. That's why they burn dead bodies even with no WWs around

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I want their expedition to immediately find White Walkers because holy poo poo they're just past the treeline or something

From the full list, we still have:
- Jon realizes he needs proof, resolves to capture a live wight for show and tell
- Gendry returns at last, joins the wight hunting party
- Sam cures Jorah's greyscale with his maester powers and they go North together
- Reunions throughout the season: Jorah + Dany, Sam + Bran, Jamie + Tyrion + Bronn
- The wight hunting party grows to includes Jorah, Tormund, Beric, Thoros, and the Hound. They run into trouble beyond the Wall and most are ultimately saved by Dany and her dragons
- Viserion (the white dragon) dies and the Night's King raises him as a blue eyes wight dragon
- Littlefinger tries to turn Sansa against her family, is sentenced to death and executed by Arya
- In King's Landing, Jon, Dany and their allies show a live wight to Cersei to win her aid as well. Cersei agrees to help but secretly plots to allow the White Walkers to kill her enemies first
- Sam and Bran figure out Jon's heritage
- Jon and Dany gently caress
- The Wall falls

If Sam, Jorah and Danny arrive in Dragonstone at roughly the same time and they immediately set out to capture a white walker, it could fit.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

Think the three eye raven can masterbate in his flashback visions without being seen?

Yes, but everyone can still "feel" him. Icky stuff.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Isn't the last episode rumored to be some two hour long monstrosity? Presumably they're going to cram it all in there.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yes, but everyone can still "feel" him. Icky stuff.

Time travelling jism all over the place

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

What if Bran slipped on his own muck?

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Accretionist posted:

I want their expedition to immediately find White Walkers because holy poo poo they're just past the treeline or something

From the full list, we still have:
- Jon realizes he needs proof, resolves to capture a live wight for show and tell
- Gendry returns at last, joins the wight hunting party
- Sam cures Jorah's greyscale with his maester powers and they go North together
- Reunions throughout the season: Jorah + Dany, Sam + Bran, Jamie + Tyrion + Bronn
- The wight hunting party grows to includes Jorah, Tormund, Beric, Thoros, and the Hound. They run into trouble beyond the Wall and most are ultimately saved by Dany and her dragons
- Viserion (the white dragon) dies and the Night's King raises him as a blue eyes wight dragon
- Littlefinger tries to turn Sansa against her family, is sentenced to death and executed by Arya
- In King's Landing, Jon, Dany and their allies show a live wight to Cersei to win her aid as well. Cersei agrees to help but secretly plots to allow the White Walkers to kill her enemies first
- Sam and Bran figure out Jon's heritage
- Jon and Dany gently caress
- The Wall falls

If Sam, Jorah and Danny arrive in Dragonstone at roughly the same time and they immediately set out to capture a white walker, it could fit.

detailed episode summaries are out

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6pillk/frikidoctors_season_7_episode_5_review_full/

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6pktkb/frikidoctors_season_7_episode_6_review_full/

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6q7mn1/frikidoctors_season_7_episode_7_review_and_qa/

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.

Sydin posted:

Isn't the last episode rumored to be some two hour long monstrosity? Presumably they're going to cram it all in there.

Hour and a half, but close enough. Except for the upcoming 4th episode, IIRC all the rest of the season's episodes will be over an hour long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

ahahah so the only reason that the Night King is able to get through the wall is because he, through sheer dumb luck, had a dragon fall into his lap and he burned it down. What the gently caress was he planning to do if Dany never showed up? Did he read the script too?

There was no threat from the Walkers at all!

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 6, 2017

• Locked thread