Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamled
Sep 11, 2003

XK posted:

The Witness sucked.

It's playing a $1 phone game inside a pretty walking simulator.

The ending was self wankery.

It released at $40.

Jonathon Blow pukes out trash.

Why wouldn't it be a $40 phone game?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

XK posted:

The Witness sucked.

It's playing a $1 phone game inside a pretty walking simulator.

The ending was self wankery.

It released at $40.

Jonathon Blow pukes out trash.

So you played it?

It was a quality $60 game that they released at $40, with no filler, DLC or micro-transactions, which I've played for dozens of hours. There's not a lot of AAA games like that these days, and is commendable in itself.

You are being overly reductive and portraying it as something it is not. If they stripped down the game and made it into a line game with a phone UI, you wouldn't be able to do most of the puzzles, it wouldn't be anywhere near as good, worthy of praise or as good value for money.

Rahtas
Oct 22, 2010

RABBIT TROOP FOREVER!

XK posted:

Even if 50% of the people who see the video link play it, which would be an amazing conversion rate, that's like a thousand lurkers. And who but the maniacs view every page of this thread without skipping? There's easily like 5,000 people occasionally checking up on this thread.

Only us few dozen idiots ever post here.

Hi guys out there.

Hi! Thanks for keeping me occupied. You have no idea the toll it would take if I had to use the restroom with nothing but my own thoughts to occupy me.
Y'all provide the best white noise, that of the noble PARP.
Carry on my wayward sons (& daughters, but there has yet to be a hit song featuring such pronouns).

O7

e: fixing autocorrect

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Too many posts the last few days can't keep up, [platinum]was Operation Steve a success? ]\platinum]

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
if they don't play full burn as I'm being cremated I'm going to be loving pissed

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:vince:

I love how the 'network' and 'backend' parts simply give up half way through.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

G0RF posted:

Go ahead, salt the wound, TB.

It's just gonna make dem Night Moves™ all the sweeter once they get the female models in game.

Hip Sway is in. Let the Night Moves™ begin.

Something feel.. Off. Cant figure it out but the hips feel wrong, like they are pinned too high above her pelvic bone.

Also women dont "sway" once they are loaded with 30+lbs of field gear.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hey on the plus side the network/backend bars barely moved so they're basically done, right?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Bug free, rock solid 30 fps, here we come.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
but but but guys game development is hard!!!!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/robertsspaceind/status/893956675480059904

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

reminder that a reverse inverse troll is derek calling his boys at the defense department to check up on someone's vietnam vet cred because they tweeted at sandy. also includes self owning for 10 or so pages because he has the fake vietnam vet on his ignore list.

I know I'm not the only Leonard Skinly fan here

FREEEE BIRRRB!!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

This is like that paradox about how you can never move anywhere because to move a certain distance you have to move half that distance, and to move half that distance you have to move quarter of that distance, and so on and so forth until the finish line keeps being away and all you have are some pictures of the goal

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Deserving of a place on page (NCC) 1701 (D), the best Enterprise Captain:

Photo is from his spoke his historical line: "CALLED IT!"

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Quavers posted:

So you're saying that this is page paedo?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Quavers posted:

Sullying this once-great subforum with Star Trek. :cripes:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

toanoradian posted:

This is like that paradox about how you can never move anywhere because to move a certain distance you have to move half that distance, and to move half that distance you have to move quarter of that distance, and so on and so forth until the finish line keeps being away and all you have are some pictures of the goal

That is exactly what I was thinking. Crazy.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Beet Wagon posted:

Sullying this once-great subforum with Star Trek. :cripes:

At least Star Trek released 5 tv shows and a billion games and books and movies

Experience BIJ

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

The Witness is a good game yo.

agreed

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I was waiting for someone to do this since they announced that they'd be posting their schedule openly.
It's as awesome as I dreamt it.

Which is a phrase that Citizens will never utter.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

AbstractNapper posted:

I was waiting for someone to do this since they announced that they'd be posting their schedule openly.
It's as awesome as I dreamt it.

Which is a phrase that Citizens will never utter.

That is actually, exactly what they're saying, because they think its amazing progress.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

These people look so happy for having to work through the weekend in what I am assuming is a marathon to gettin the new fake demo up and running for GamesCom.

I mean, Sandi or whoever was holding the gun during that photo-shoot, they could also be a few high-five-ing each other or doing acrobatic cartwheels and air flips, but what do I know.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

The guy on the left-middle sure doesn't look too happy

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

aleksendr posted:

Rule of cool getting money from horny nerds.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

What they really mean: "goddammit he took the credit AGAIN! And he's NOT SORRY!!! AAAggghhhh!!"

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

ewe2 posted:

What they really mean: "goddammit he took the credit AGAIN! And he's NOT SORRY!!! AAAggghhhh!!"

I don't know why people keep thinking they can pin this man down. Even if they pooled their collective experience in shitposting and trolling on the internet they couldn't match half of Derek's long years wasted doing it. It's like trying to punch cooked spaghetti. Give it up.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Quavers posted:

Happy page 1700! :toot:

Here are some old (classic?) Chris Roberts articles for light reading :tif:

And finally...

Chris Roberts: "Chairman's Response to The Escapist (Or: The Long Troll)" (2015)

I don't know how that loving wall of excuses didn't set off all of the alarm bells.

Like that letter should just be titled "Red flags: The Movie".

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah they're complete lightweights compared to Derek. Partly because they are actually trying to convince themselves of their own bullshit, whereas Derek actually knows poo poo from shinola and just enjoys the game of it.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
There's so many red flags coming out of SC a US president might ask Roberts to tear down the wall.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I would be furious at my employer for taking that kind of picture. Working the weekend is bad enough, being bribed with pizza is insulting, but then you have some PR rear end in a top hat taking a picture for social media in order to make it look like everything is fine and that working on the weekend on a 8+ month delayed patch to a 4+ year delayed game is perfectly normal and good

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck CIG

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

aleksendr posted:

Something feel.. Off. Cant figure it out but the hips feel wrong, like they are pinned too high above her pelvic bone.

It's because whoever mocapped that is wearing loving heels. :ughh: That's why it looks like a supermodel is walking down the isle.

aleksendr posted:

They don't sway at all without heels, that's why heels are a thing.

Crazypoops fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Aug 6, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

G0RF posted:

Thank you. I strongly believer cig's heavy-handed moderation tactics, poor community management, and general disregard for truth have produced Heretics in huge disproportion to their natural count. Cig leadership is primarily responsible for that. They're aware of this to some degree but indifferent. Worst case scenario they can just find new Believers, right?

This pretty accurately describes why Derek Smart is my leader now

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

toanoradian posted:

There's so many red flags coming out of SC a US president might ask Roberts to tear down the wall.

:rimshot:

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Crazypoops posted:

It's because whoever mocapped that is wearing loving heels. :ughh: That's why it looks like a supermodel is walking down the isle.

Nah it was Lesnick doing the mocap with Sir Mixalot's ode to sizeable buttocks playing in the background.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Crazypoops posted:

Looks more like someone with a painful urinary tract infection wincing along.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

WarpDogs posted:

I would be furious at my employer for taking that kind of picture. Working the weekend is bad enough, being bribed with pizza is insulting, but then you have some PR rear end in a top hat taking a picture for social media in order to make it look like everything is fine and that working on the weekend on a 8+ month delayed patch to a 4+ year delayed game is perfectly normal and good

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck CIG
Seriously, though. This.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

WarpDogs posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck CIG

But look at the bright side. Now I'm seriously considering buying pizza, even though I have better stuff in the fridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

What happend to the old stupid newbie thing?

this one sucks rear end, i want my old newbie pic back