Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Indy 500 Leader (for a bit) Max Chilton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Wirth1000 posted:

Indy 500 Leader (for a bit) Max Chilton

Indy 500 most laps led Max Chilton you mean

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lol, really?

Sign him up, Sauber.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Just quietly I think the Williams car should probably sit around where the Redbull was early season, the two drivers are just so bad it looks like a much worse car.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
A retiree and a kid who is the very definition of billionaire bought seat.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

lol, really?

Sign him up, Sauber.

Naaahhh he's more likely to be the money behind Trevor Carlin starting an IndyCar team of his own, or staying with a Ganassi team. Plus, Sauber has their own money driver in Ericsson.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

Ok, it wasn't a fluke as that race was pure attrition and keeping your nose clean and he maintained the pace well but still gently caress him.

and he still got pipped by Bottas for 2nd at the end. He shouldn't be remembered for getting 3rd well. He should be remembered for being given a gimme 2nd and losing it pathetically.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
If Massa's car hadn't conked out he would've won that race, but unfortunately we live in the bad timeline

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Massa deserves everything he gets for unretiring, up to and including the ear parasite that is currently chewing on rotten spring-tenderised bits of brain

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

AgentJotun posted:

Just quietly I think the Williams car should probably sit around where the Redbull was early season, the two drivers are just so bad it looks like a much worse car.

Red Bull have been consistently the third best team, it just so happens that they're nowhere near the top 2. Williams' drivers aren't good, but they're not that bad.

If you're a Williams fan and you want to feel bad, just give it a second and remember that two years ago was as good as Williams has been for like a decade and realistically that's as close as they're going to get for the next decade.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

So, rumors abound that one Fernando Alonso may make a 3rd US race this year

The two best races of the 2017 F1 season will be the Indy 500 and Sonoma.

I'll be ok with this if Bottas wins the WDC by 3 points from Hamilton.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Huh. How long has Motogp had picture in picture?

They just showed onboard from teh leader on a small screen attached to the relative timing/order board while showing an ongoing battle on the main part of the screen.

Neat trick, and makes F1 look even more amateurish with their media management.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

They just showed onboard from teh leader on a small screen attached to the relative timing/order board while showing an ongoing battle on the main part of the screen.

The best thing about MotoGP is how the availability of streams fell off a cliff when they rolled out their subscription service.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

You can set up your MotoGP stream to do pip of one of four drivers every race.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

You can set up your MotoGP stream to do pip of one of four drivers every race.

I'm not even talking about on a streaming service. Just the straight TV broadcast did it.

Also a rider just got a position penalty for unsafe release. Novel idea instead of a flat time penalty/drivethrough.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

they've done a lot of fun things in their graphics (including the left-of-screen "timing tower") for a good long while now.

MotoGP is the gold standard of racing production and availability, their app is great, the TV production for their races is easily better than F1. Nobody does it better.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

harperdc posted:

they've done a lot of fun things in their graphics (including the left-of-screen "timing tower") for a good long while now.

quote:

MotoGP is the gold standard of racing production and availability, their app is great, the TV production for their races is easily better than F1. Nobody does it better.
Commentators too. They actually pay good commentators with knowledge and experience to commentate well. Another novel idea.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's going to be a bittersweet day when F1 releases their own streaming service, in the same vein as MotoGP, and the English commentators are loving Croft and Brundle.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

It's going to be a bittersweet day when F1 releases their own streaming service, in the same vein as MotoGP, and the English commentators are loving Croft and Brundle.

gently caress this gay earth if they choose those two muppets.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

I ran across an old friend of mine and he said he doesn't watch F1 on tv anymore.

He loves Brundle and looks for a stream just to get his ommentary.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah they should just get Darrell Waltrip to do Formula 1 commentary

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Forgot about that one. Crying laughing.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

This owns.

quote:

Commentators too. They actually pay good commentators with knowledge and experience to commentate well. Another novel idea.

eeeeh I don't know. They used to suck off the british riders excessively but they do seem to have toned it down a bit. Still noticable though.

LochNessMonster posted:

I ran across an old friend of mine and he said he doesn't watch F1 on tv anymore.

He loves Brundle and looks for a stream just to get his ommentary.

And you didn't smite him dead right then and there why?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sky should just hand over the F1 to their cricket production team and commentators and have done with it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

learnincurve posted:

Sky should just hand over the F1 to their cricket production team and commentators and have done with it.

I don't want the races more boring than they already are.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Norns posted:

Yeah they should just get Darrell Waltrip to do Formula 1 commentary

I hate you for giving me this mental image.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Darrell Waltrip's NASCAR commentary is, conservatively, 67 million times better than Brundle's F1 commentary.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
If the thread title refers to Our Kevin's foul-mouthed tirade, why is it "honey" and not "mate"?

He said "suck my balls, mate"

Unless I have missed some sort of "dank meme" that you kids know about?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

We get it you're old

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

iospace posted:

I don't want the races more boring than they already are.

I dislike cricket but accidentally watched it after the F1 one time and was completely enthralled by the magical production quality and general likability of the presenters. You know they can say stuff like "director, please play back x from y angle in slow motion" and then as if by wizardry it will appear in a little box on the TV.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Brainwrong posted:

If the thread title refers to Our Kevin's foul-mouthed tirade, why is it "honey" and not "mate"?

He said "suck my balls, mate"

Unless I have missed some sort of "dank meme" that you kids know about?

There was an article that quoted Hulkenberg saying it was suck my balls, honey

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Tsaedje posted:

There was an article that quoted Hulkenberg saying it was suck my balls, honey

He may have won Le Mans, but he's wrong.

In related news, this is the cockpit of Nico "Can't Hear Properly" Hulkenberg's car today at Assen:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Brainwrong posted:

In related news, this is the cockpit of Nico "Can't Hear Properly" Hulkenberg's car today at Assen:

I see Doornbos put a dildo in Hulk's seat.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

learnincurve posted:

I dislike cricket but accidentally watched it after the F1 one time and was completely enthralled by the magical production quality and general likability of the presenters. You know they can say stuff like "director, please play back x from y angle in slow motion" and then as if by wizardry it will appear in a little box on the TV.

Fair enough. I mean people can make watching baseball interesting here, it takes a bit of practice, a brilliant thing called pacing, and not being "Old Man Yells at Cloud" all the time.

Something that is done here in the US, at least on the radio broadcasts (and the NASCAR TV broadcast this weekend), is turn reporters. Having a team of reporters at the major corners helps cover the action better, and gets the old whiny men to shut up more. Obviously I also don't watch Sky, so if they do do turn reporters, oh well :shobon:.

In before Gonzo goes "WE SHOULDN'T DO ANYTHING INDY OR NASCAR DOES".

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Carth Dookie posted:

And you didn't smite him dead right then and there why?

I was completely flabbergasted. I may have blacked out too. I have no recollection of what happened the hour after that bomb was dropped.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Brainwrong posted:

peeing in someone seat is one thing, but putting poop in it.....gah!

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

iospace posted:

Fair enough. I mean people can make watching baseball interesting here,

My brother married a New Yorkian lady (or whatever you call them) and as part of the"Trip to NYC for the wedding" trip everyone went to a baseball game. Lasted about 18 hours and not a lot seemed to happen but the atmosphere was great. I've heard the same said about cricket, but never tried it. I even know an ex-England player who always berated me for not giving it a go

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

"U wot m8?"

• Locked thread