Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

SeANMcBAY posted:

I will too unless the port sucks like with Heroes on Switch.

Part of me wants to think that's just KT being bad at optimizing.

I am so loving ready for more Builders tho. I bought that game 3 times...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

That's a lot of times!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

add Dragon Warriors 11 and Builder 2 to the massive pile of "game announced, release date....!?!?" along with Wargroove, Golf Story, Stardew Valley, a Suda51 game, potentially whatever From Software wants to make, and so on and so forth

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Has there been any news about Project Octopath Travele since it was announced back at the start of the year?

Call me when it's Project Octorok Traveler.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I really liked DQ Builders so that's great news

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Andrast posted:

I really liked DQ Builders so that's great news

The really need to improve combat though, cause it was garbage.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
My Pro Controller Dpad has been perfectly fine. Thank god it isn't an across the board issue, but that does suck for people who got a janky one. I wonder if it's more common with people who got them a while ago or not.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I think how people use their dpad also matters. I have a lighter and more precise touch generally than my friend for instance who just fat finger rolls it all day long.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm just waiting for someone to make like replacement ones I can take it apart and replace

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Pro Controller d-pad I have registers any force pressed onto it for a certain direction as the input rather than the part of the d-pad I'm actually pressing onto. So for example if I press on the down d-pad but my thumb is pushing more force on the left side of the down d-pad then it registers it as a left input. A lot of people complain about this stuff hard for games like Puyo Puyo Tetris where different d-pad inputs can have drastically different effects.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Dragon Quest Builders 2 just got announced for PS4 and Switch.

Kick rear end, I liked the first one on PS4 and I'll probably get the sequel there too.

Here's some footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euG4FL3QjpM

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Have you tried breaking it in a bit so it's not as sensitive? Do some circle motions for a few minutes to loosen it up and see if that gives you better results.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Kick rear end, I liked the first one on PS4 and I'll probably get the sequel there too.

Here's some footage.

Those are some really nice improvements to an already great game. I might not need to buy Minecraft now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want Rocket Slime Switch.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Heads up to everyone that has Blaster Master 0, the Shovel Knight character DLC is free for a limited time.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want Rocket Slime Switch.

This. This I want very badly. It's been too long.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Policenaut posted:

The Pro Controller d-pad I have registers any force pressed onto it for a certain direction as the input rather than the part of the d-pad I'm actually pressing onto. So for example if I press on the down d-pad but my thumb is pushing more force on the left side of the down d-pad then it registers it as a left input. A lot of people complain about this stuff hard for games like Puyo Puyo Tetris where different d-pad inputs can have drastically different effects.

Here's some footage.

DQB2 when?

Also new features that I noticed: Sloped blocks, Water you can swim in, way more verticality (like tall montains, deep water), way bigger maps, water on other y-levels and flowing, gliding/flying, a dog, companions that help you collect materials, multiplayer

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I want dragon quest monsters switch.

And not a poopy port of an old game. gimme something new

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Here to report that the switch is the perfect travel device. Have a case for keeping it with me as a carry-on, and I can keep my grip and dock in the luggage for the hotel room. Painless as can be.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Brook has updated the firmware for their PS4 to WiiU adapter, so now when plugged into a Switch the full range of analog control will work, as well as the motion control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yJ9J3m_lLI

Still wired, but a great alternative if you've got a PS4 controller.

Also the 360 and Xbox One controllers have their analog sticks work perfectly now, although those do not have accelerometers.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 6, 2017

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Been getting into Splatoon 2 and it's competitive in the Ranked Battles. After Mayo won the Splatfest this weekend, I got some sweet sea shell currency that allows me to mess with perks on one of my items. So, what is going on with perks. They are all passive so I should just collect as many as possible on a piece of gear?

Why does it seem like some weapons are way better than others, are there known balance issues or is it a matter of just getting better at using them.

Splatoon 2 is definitely a "just one more round" game.

Maxwellsdemon
Nov 12, 2007
meh
Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

Dragon Quest Builders 2 just got announced for PS4 and Switch.

gently caress yeah!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nolgthorn posted:

Been getting into Splatoon 2 and it's competitive in the Ranked Battles. After Mayo won the Splatfest this weekend, I got some sweet sea shell currency that allows me to mess with perks on one of my items. So, what is going on with perks. They are all passive so I should just collect as many as possible on a piece of gear?

Why does it seem like some weapons are way better than others, are there known balance issues or is it a matter of just getting better at using them.

I definitely enjoy ranked much much more.

They're all passive. Just save up ability chunks and go with what you want and use shells on clothes you like that don't already have 3 extra slots.

Some weapons are better I'd say but they're balanced with having weaker sub and special weapons.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Seriously it has been two loving weeks when is Amazon going to get switches in.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Amazon let me place an order and they sent me one when they had one. I'm not on Prime or anything either. Maybe it's regional, instead of "Add to basket" there was some other "Place order and wait" type button.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

I definitely enjoy ranked much much more.

I'm getting splatted constantly by what I assume are geniuses. They can evade and shoot like motherbastards. When I'm faced off against someone I usually shoot over their head or at the wall beside me. I've occasionally radically turned the tides of battle with a well executed special.

Wonderful game even for people who suck like me. I love that I enter a battle and it pairs me up automatically, nobody has any say of who's on their team or not. It's great.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Nolgthorn posted:

Most weapons are balanced enough that a skilled player could use any weapon and still win. It's like rock/paper/scissors though in where everything has its strengths and weaknesses. Weapon choice is largely a situational one though, with map/mode being main factors. If you spend all your time only getting good with one weapon you're probably doing your team a disservice if you get deep into ranked mode.

Also the main thing to know about ability chunks is that the main slot on your gear is worth 3x that chunk, and they all have diminishing returns and stop having any effectiveness after 9x total chunks across all gear. Also certain clothing items have special main slot abilities.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Slime-san kind of looks like fun, has anyone tried it?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just realized that I started to get a lot better at Splatoon when I got the Ethernet adapter. Would that make a huge difference from my side, or just a coincidence?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I just realized that I started to get a lot better at Splatoon when I got the Ethernet adapter. Would that make a huge difference from my side, or just a coincidence?

It could. Maybe the game is letting you be host in more matches.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

This game seems to be the reverse of the first one far as dealing with lag. If I splat some lagging jerk he doesn't get to mysteriously keep shooting at me from the void, they explode and that's that. So yeah having a lower ping yourself probably helps

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Seriously why won't Amazon restock

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

GoldfishStew posted:

Seriously why won't Amazon restock

Switch when?????

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I got drunk last night and played Splatoon 2, hella yellin at the ketchup boys. It was a good time. Then I took a break for a few minutes and came back and my shirt was gone, the square was quiet, and I was back to shooting purple ink. I never made it to Mayonnaise Queen.

I thought I had more time :( They should at least have Splatfest going through the entire weekend.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Restricting the playmode to Turf War for anything more than a 24 hour chunk would be a bit much.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

If I recall correctly, they've gone weekend long for some Splatfests in Splatoon 1. Wouldn't be surprised if that were the case for some 'fests in this game when the install base grows.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nintendo is having more splatfests for shorter times now and wins give more points then they used to. Only took me 33 matches to max out, so about 3 hours. Used to take 4 or 5 less you had a really strong win percentage.

Edit used to be 5 for a win now it's 6 to 9 points depending how much of a win as far as your splatfest title goes

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 6, 2017

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I was a Mayo Queen.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I am really impressed with mine. The controllers are surprisingly way more ergonomic than they have any right to be, the screen is gorgeous and the size is perfect. I wish the charging port wasn't on the bottom and the indy/VC was fleshed out, but it really is a brilliant little design.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Any tips for snagging one of these? My (3 year old) kid has taken an interest in Mario characters, and I think Mario Kart 8 with all the steering assists would be fun as hell for her.

Should I just keep an eye on Amazon? What's the best in-stock-alert app for iOS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It seems they always drop a bunch of systems when a big game is released. The next one is at the end of the month.

• Locked thread