Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

drunkill posted:

Yes, 7 season ending injuries. :(

Even then, it was shockingly bad efforts from Docherty, Simpson, and Casboult in the last 3 minutes that killed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I take it you haven't watched other Carlton games this season.

We also hit the interchange cap so players were out of legs in the end.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

snaeksikn posted:

Considering that Gawn created a running clearance and goal the play before it was obviously a clear intent to injure Gawn as well. But instead we'll get a bunch of pearl clutching about "it's not a contact sport anymore" and "playing on the edge" teeth gnashing all week instead

I've already seen a bit of 'might as well be playing netball' on Twitter

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

NTRabbit posted:

Carlton's got a serious potato issue

loving hell Casboult. Thought he had fixed his accuracy

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
So I was sitting about 8 rows behind all the international teams at the MCG today. They had the front rows of two bays of the third tier in the southern stand as seats. I think I'll be going for Japan in the second mens division ebcause they were up and about after every goal from both Carlton and the bombers, they were having a blast at the match.

I think I'll support Ireland or France for the main mens division because they too were into it and cheering, plus a few of the ireland blokes had carlton scarves. Probably Canada for the womens team.

The Americans looked like an olympic team, impressive looking custom jackets and beanies. Hopefully people don't boo them this time. I remember in the last IC they played someone else as a curtain raiser at Docklands and some people in the crowd booed the Americans which was really cunty.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
It was good that Essendon beat Carlton today. That is a good and cool thing to have happen. But for the annoyed Blues supporters, worry not, for we get to lose to Adelaide by 100 points next week.

Or we beat Adelaide and then get done by Gold Coast and Freo to miss the finals. Either way, today's win was pretty hollow.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Actually, you'll find that it is really bad.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

drunkill posted:

So I was sitting about 8 rows behind all the international teams at the MCG today. They had the front rows of two bays of the third tier in the southern stand as seats. I think I'll be going for Japan in the second mens division ebcause they were up and about after every goal from both Carlton and the bombers, they were having a blast at the match.

I think I'll support Ireland or France for the main mens division because they too were into it and cheering, plus a few of the ireland blokes had carlton scarves. Probably Canada for the womens team.

The Americans looked like an olympic team, impressive looking custom jackets and beanies. Hopefully people don't boo them this time. I remember in the last IC they played someone else as a curtain raiser at Docklands and some people in the crowd booed the Americans which was really cunty.

Nauru and Fiji both have a seriously strong jumper game.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The American jumpers are extremely on brand

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Hit refresh to get a score to see how much the doggies are winning b:staredog:

this loving season

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
If they lose this game they should also lose their 2016 flag. Mark it as a null year.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Aug 5, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm actually shocked there's a Pakistan women's team

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I'm a bit surprised there is a European Crusaders team. I suppose that's acceptable because white people etc. Could you imagine if there was a Middle Eastern Jihad team, or the Italian Black Shirts etc.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Bulldogs defense is pretty decimated at the moment, missed three of our best defensive 6 and lost Wood in the first quarter.

Says it all that Smith & Webb only played today because we had two fit other fit players that could play as a small forward & one of is Matthew Boyd while the other is a guy that hasn't debuted yet.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Aug 5, 2017

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This round is really breaking teams, just by injury. Swans are going to be annoying in the finals again.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

drunkill posted:

I play in Japan so I've played with or against all the Samurais going this year, have played a few scratch matches against them too. I think they've got a chance but I have zero clue how organized or frequent games are for the other D2 countries so it's hard to gauge. I've got a couple friends from my club in the US helping coach them too.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I don't want to be mean but this Larkey kid for North is not good.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
1.10 to 6.11 in the Norf Pies game, gross

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Has to be candidate for worst game of the year (which I'm sure no one could have predicted pre-game)

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
They said it was the worst first half for accuracy ever at docklands just before I stopped watching.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

thepokey posted:

Has to be candidate for worst game of the year (which I'm sure no one could have predicted pre-game)

We haven't played Brisbane yet and that's a perennial contender

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Usual IC favourites are Ireland/NZ/PNG for obvious reasons.

Bookmark tomorrow afternoon for an epic meltdown from myself. We've been doing OK lately considering how absolutely shithouse we were at the start of the year (I think basically the defence had to learn how to defend again), but I wouldn't be surprised if the wheels fall off again because Richmond tend to do that to us.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Hawthorn will make the 8 if they win tomorrow

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
we should get some serious thanks for a) keeping footscrays flag defence hopes alive and b) keeping richmond out of the top 2 imho

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
People always complain about Etihad stadium but then the Saints play on a day like today and I thank the footy gods that our home ground has a roof.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Periphery posted:

People always complain about Etihad stadium but then the Saints play on a day like today and I thank the footy gods that our home ground has a roof.

Thank goodness, ponchos never bloody fit me properly.

Anyways, looking forward to watching us score more behinds than either team playing in the wet today.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
One day a St Kilda forward will get a free kick for holding the man

Haha I'm good at jokes

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Ready to fume about West Coast's upcoming 4th quarter fade out

Brown Paper Bag fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 6, 2017

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lmao @ these stupid loving drums the tigers have playing while the team runs out before the song.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Brown Paper Bag posted:

loving hell our last quarters suck

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Brown Paper Bag posted:

lol

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

thank you stkilda, did melbourne a big favour

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Bad Hawthorn is baaaack.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Textbook fade out :discourse:

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
gently caress me football can be frustrating

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Deadly Hume posted:

Bad Hawthorn is baaaack.

We were due for a bad quarter I guess. Worst one in ten rounds.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
JJK rocketing back up the Colman standings. Averaging 3.9 goals a game this year

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Go Crows! This weather is bad

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

If Mumford somehow gets let off than I hope the Bulldogs tell Jack Redpath to do a little head hunting of his own. If the AFL is going to protect Mumford when he's a thug sniper then he needs to face the consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
A half to forget.

• Locked thread