Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

like if i recall correctly, a flick of Meruem's tail basically popped an Ant's head like a balloon.

Which also made Pitou just casually taking the same strike a pretty :stare: thing

Yeah it was the penguin squad leader I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah exactly. He could probably easily kill any of them with sneak attack stuff. In a straight fight the Troupe Fighters would be a close match that Hisoka could win. But it could go the other way too.

He was willing to fight chrollo and any 2 spiders at once. I think he'd kill most of them fairly easily

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oh Snapple! posted:

like if i recall correctly, a flick of Meruem's tail basically popped an Ant's head like a balloon.

Which also made Pitou just casually taking the same strike a pretty :stare: thing

Kild posted:

Yeah it was the penguin squad leader I believe.

Penguin and Turtle. And it was less popped them and more completely disintegrated them. I brought up Pitou's durability using this as a point earlier as the same blow from Meruem intended to kill Pitou only caused slight bleeding.

Jose posted:

He was willing to fight chrollo and any 2 spiders at once. I think he'd kill most of them fairly easily

No he wasn't. The fact Chrollo had at least two Spiders with him at all times is why he plotted with Kurapika to separate him from them. The Troupe Fighters Nobunaga, Machi, Phinks, and Feitan could likely challenge him. He even expressed his fight love interest in Machi.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Penguin and Turtle. And it was less popped them and more completely disintegrated them. I brought up Pitou's durability using this as a point earlier as the same blow from Meruem intended to kill Pitou only caused slight bleeding.

No he wasn't. The fact Chrollo had at least two Spiders with him at all times is why he plotted with Kurapika to separate him from them. The Troupe Fighters Nobunaga, Machi, Phinks, and Feitan could likely challenge him. He even expressed his fight love interest in Machi.

Uvogin and Franklin too.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The series is currently suffering from character overload. A whole bunch of people need to die quickly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Silver2195 posted:

Uvogin and Franklin too.

I don't see how Hisoka could really do anything against Uvogin. Seems like a hard counter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

Uvogin and Franklin too.

I did not mention Uvo cause he is dead. And Franklin is more of a Backline fighter.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Everybody But Shizuku

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

I don't see how Hisoka could really do anything against Uvogin. Seems like a hard counter.

I feel like "really big tough dude" is someone Hisoka has tons of experience dealing with.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like "really big tough dude" is someone Hisoka has tons of experience dealing with.

Yeah but would Hisoka even be able to pierce Uvogin's skin with his cards? Or even be fast enough to overcome Uvogin's ridiculous reflexes?

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
I love how everyone was talking about how much they liked the politics and Togashi ratcheting up the tension in the newest arc, but then as soon as someone compared ant arc to DBZ it's turned to a "COULD HISOKA FIGHT THE WHOLE TROUPE" discussion that has been passed between high schoolers like a sacred torch for legit over a decade now.

A child born when people started asking if Hisoka could win in a fight with the Troupe is almost old enough to have an opinion on it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair the Chimera ant Arc is very power levels.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair the Chimera ant Arc is very power levels.

Literally.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when i said that hisoka had trouble with brute force, i meant that he had trouble when he had to face it head on. against an enhancer his usual tricks would work perfectly well.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

Yeah but would Hisoka even be able to pierce Uvogin's skin with his cards? Or even be fast enough to overcome Uvogin's ridiculous reflexes?

I'm pretty sure he'd end up forcing Uvogin to swallow a razor-sharp card or something equally awful.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

the room is bugged

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure he'd end up forcing Uvogin to swallow a razor-sharp card or something equally awful.

When trying to figure out how Hisoka would tackle a certain enemy, it's important to remember bungee gum has both the properties of bull and poo poo.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The politics in this arc could kill meruem with a single look

Why do power levels matter when people can just fuckin nuke you.

I bet tsernic has like
5 nukes. All personal size
Benjamin prob has like 10 military size

woble has 1000

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Aug 6, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

that mafia guy was able to bite and poison him through it and he sucked

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Jose posted:

that mafia guy was able to bite and poison him through it and he sucked

Which did practically nothing to Uvogin and resulted in Uvogin literally eating the guy's head and spitting his skull fragments like bullets. Uvogin was absurdly powerful at enhancement, and he only lost to Kurapika because he was forced into Zetsu.

Uvogin could just facetank Hisoka's cards (because Hisoka would realize that getting within arm's reach would be suicide), and win through sheer endurance, or force a stalemate.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Knuckle would do pretty well against Uvo I think. Failed against Youpi because the motherfucker never runs out of fuel.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
enhancement isn't invincible. enhancers can run out of aura like anyone else, and if mentally shaken they will show an opening.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

just finished the anime and I am very proud of all of my sons

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Which did practically nothing to Uvogin and resulted in Uvogin literally eating the guy's head and spitting his skull fragments like bullets. Uvogin was absurdly powerful at enhancement, and he only lost to Kurapika because he was forced into Zetsu.

Uvogin could just facetank Hisoka's cards (because Hisoka would realize that getting within arm's reach would be suicide), and win through sheer endurance, or force a stalemate.

It broke his skin easily enough which was my point

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Enhancers can be beat down physically, if you get an opening while fighting with them. Just use in that moment kou (focus 100% of your aura in your weapon/punch), unless they are stupidly strong (like Royal Guards) or you are an amateur with little aura, you should overpower their protective aura and damage them.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I love how Jose brings out the point that Hisoka was willing to fight the Troupe as something that proves his strenght. He was also willing to fight Netero, remember? gently caress, since people don't remember Togashi actually made Hisoka willingfully fight Chrollo despite everything that was shown to him.

HxH is more than your Shonen fight Arena. Even the same guys fightning again would get a different result just because of knowledge and stuff other than P O W E R L E V E L S.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I feel that Morel summed it up pretty nicely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qHoiHtDFCg&t=80s

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
powerlevels don't mean poo poo, like morel said. All that matters is that you're ballsy enough and have a good nen

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

turboraton posted:

I love how Jose brings out the point that Hisoka was willing to fight the Troupe as something that proves his strenght. He was also willing to fight Netero, remember? gently caress, since people don't remember Togashi actually made Hisoka willingfully fight Chrollo despite everything that was shown to him.

HxH is more than your Shonen fight Arena. Even the same guys fightning again would get a different result just because of knowledge and stuff other than P O W E R L E V E L S.

i think hisoka would beat netero

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hisoka was always insane. the idea that he could beat anyone at their strongest and most confident was never rational.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wark Say posted:

I feel that Morel summed it up pretty nicely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qHoiHtDFCg&t=80s

Though all three of those guys later acknowledged. Oh these Ants will kick our asses in a straight fight.

Jose posted:

i think hisoka would beat netero

Now we know you are joking at best.

Cause I can't help but Llugh at the idea of Hisoka beating Netero in a straight fight. Which is the only thing Hisoka would challenge him to. Unlike a lot of other possible fights in Hunter. There are very few characters I can even Imagine beating Netero and Hisoka is not one of them.

Like if you honestly believe this could you give justification.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Also because Netero ultimately didn't believe in fair fights, which the King realized way too late.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't know if there's a human alive who could take more than a hit or two from the 100 Guanyin Bodhisattva and Meruem couldn't even avoid them just tank them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

I don't know if there's a human alive who could take more than a hit or two from the 100 Guanyin Bodhisattva and Meruem couldn't even avoid them just tank them.

Well Meruem could eventually avoid them. He just had a tank a ton of them first.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

killuas great great grandfather was an enhancer who fought netero apparently.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
ppl before were saying that if komugi didn't get hurt in the dragon dive then the extermination team would have gotten wiped out (well they did lose pretty badly but so did the ants i guess? idk. wasnt clean for anyone involved)

but one thing that is interesting is that killuas dad and grandfather would have stayed around had that not happened. cheeto or whatever his name was kinda sucked but he was taken out in an instant by killuas dad while it took morel a while to do. i figure killuas gramps can go toe to toe w/ pitou, tbh

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

tbp posted:

ppl before were saying that if komugi didn't get hurt in the dragon dive then the extermination team would have gotten wiped out (well they did lose pretty badly but so did the ants i guess? idk. wasnt clean for anyone involved)

but one thing that is interesting is that killuas dad and grandfather would have stayed around had that not happened. cheeto or whatever his name was kinda sucked but he was taken out in an instant by killuas dad while it took morel a while to do. i figure killuas gramps can go toe to toe w/ pitou, tbh

His Job was purely to transport the King with Netero. They would not have stuck around and risked their lives no matter the situation unless they were payed for that. Also Zeno himself admitted inferiority to Netero. So I doubt he would be able to handle Pitou.

Stairmaster posted:

That would be like 60 years ago then.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i want to go to go to toe with Pitou

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well Meruem could eventually avoid them. He just had a tank a ton of them first.

Lmao true, unfortunately not a viable tactic for anyone else.

Stairmaster posted:

God what is the official lineage again? Is this Zigg? I feel like I ask this all the time. P sure MonsterEnvy will know tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

Lmao true, unfortunately not a viable tactic for anyone else.

God what is the official lineage again? Is this Zigg? I feel like I ask this all the time. P sure MonsterEnvy will know tbh

Maha I am pretty sure.