Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
https://twitter.com/ThatSupahGuy/status/894078607206871042

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
:qq: RIGGED :qq:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Wanna give a shoutout to my friend's 3-year-old for battling for Team Ketchup all day long and throwing literally every match, also big ups to Kraft, Hellmann's, and poo poo, Miracle Whip you can get in on this too *sprays champagne all over the place*

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
hahaha mayonnaise runs this town bitches and bitchettes. we're paving the streets with sticky egg goop. taps run with hot or cold mayo. you shower in this poo poo now. soda fountains are mayo fountains. quarterly brain mayo injections are mandatory. the mayonnaise gestapo are going door-to-door inspecting barns for ketchup sympathisers. anyone found to be eating anything sans mayonnaise or mayonnaise-based sauces will be stoned to death with empty mayo jars. those allergic to eggs will have their names inscribed at inkopolis hall for their brave commitment to the king of lovely condiments after they suffocate from breathing mayo mist

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Ketchup got

But all jokes aside, through all the games I participated in, and what I watched on Twitch, Mayo in general seemed to have the more skilled players.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

I'm gonna eat a mayo sandwich in celebration

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Gee, that sure is reminiscent to the Barbarians Vs Ninjas Splatfest.

EU Splatfest is still in progress. I think I'm still needed.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Mayo is still gross. :colbert:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

a cock shaped fruit posted:

But all jokes aside, through all the games I participated in, and what I watched on Twitch, Mayo in general seemed to have the more skilled players.

Let's be real, these results were in the cointoss zone. There's no way a handful of Twitch streams gave you enough finely-tuned data to predict a 52/48 win.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Closer than I thought. Anyway I went 5-10 in my matches so feel free to blame me

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm sorry for being a bad player and holding every match I was in back.

you piece of poo poo

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I knew it. My team always choked whenever we actually got paired with mayos.:smith:

I won tons of games ketchup v mayo, but ultimately the minority team has a huge advantage

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sorry... :smith:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
https://twitter.com/MikePanoots/status/894079618080268289

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Playing this online with friends has been kind of a disaster

Ok there are 4 of us, let's get in a room for team splatfest

Wait one can't join. Oh you picked mayonnaise. Ok I guess we can't play with you

Ok there are 3 of us

Wait I guess you can't join splatfest as a group of 3? Uhh ok

Try joining each other's games in progress? Wait this doesn't work what

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I know it's fun to pick a side and all, but at what point can we just randomly assign people to a team so we can actually play the team games more often? I felt like 20% of my games were against Mayo, and that makes sense seeing the popular vote.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Let's be real, these results were in the cointoss zone. There's no way a handful of Twitch streams gave you enough finely-tuned data to predict a 52/48 win.

Seriously.

The last 3 Splatfests on the Wii U had a 1% difference, and the solo games on the Splatoon 2 demo had a 1% difference.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Zaphod42 posted:

I won tons of games ketchup v mayo, but ultimately the minority team has a huge advantage

Not necessarily. Picking either team in a Splatfest is a huge gamble with the way the new scoring system works. Picking the minority team means that they have to win both categories (and the results on that were really close too) while the popular team only has to win one more, even if they're getting into matches with their own team most of the time.

And really, the only difference between a win or a loss is 3 Super Sea Snails at most, and you don't need those 3 snails that badly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I might need a day's break after this. Being thrust into a highly competitive situation like this on my third day owning the game hasn't been good for my broken brain.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Wait one can't join. Oh you picked mayonnaise. Ok I guess we can't play with you

Ok there are 3 of us

Get more friends.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ok there are 3 of us

Yes, this was a huge disappointment. I couldn't get a group of 4 together to try it, and I couldn't join my friend with solo play. I guess the don't want people getting the advantage doing voice chat outside of the app?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Waffleman_ posted:

I might need a day's break after this. Being thrust into a highly competitive situation like this on my third day owning the game hasn't been good for my broken brain.
There's nothing particularly competitive about a Splatfest other than it's a huge in game event. The final results have very little impact and it's meant to be more of a fun community thing.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
ketchup would have won if i didn't literally play 3 times as many matches against other ketchup players than i did mayo

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

I only got to play two games for Ketchup but I won both. I blame the rest of you for the white creamy hellscape we now live in.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

There's nothing particularly competitive about a Splatfest other than it's a huge in game event. The final results have very little impact and it's meant to be more of a fun community thing.

I know, but I kept feeling like I was letting thousands of people down every time I lost because I wasn't entirely used to the game yet :smith:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
everyone celebrating mayo keep this in mind: this is what zolthorg wanted

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So what's everyone's favourite Splatfest tunes? Ebb and Flow's still mine, but Muck Warfare kinda grew on me.

Mayo have won the day, but they'll go rancid soon enough while Ketchup stays Fresh :argh:.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So what's everyone's favourite Splatfest tunes? Ebb and Flow's still mine, but Muck Warfare kinda grew on me.

Is there a playlist of them somewhere?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I guess ketchup couldn't cut

the mustard

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

less than three posted:

Is there a playlist of them somewhere?
The Beatmania Arcade machine in the square.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

REAL MAYO HOURS HIT THAT MF LIKE

E: Also I just noticed you can totally "whatarrreeethooosseee" on someones profile by pressing the ZL button and ordering it from that shady crustacean.

E2:

incoherent fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Aug 6, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Anyone else catch Murch mentioning that Spyke will "get his fix" in regards to Sea Snails?

Nintendo's actually run with the joke on feeding his Super Sea Snail addiction :ohdear:.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

at least he's sleeping indoors now.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Oh I am not calling it any kind of calculable result, Im just amazed based off general hearsay that Ketchup didn't get completely loving annihilated.

Everyone I played with, watched, and spoke to (on both teams) reported back 'gently caress me mayo is unstoppable'

I unironically report all furry artwork that is 'too weird' as inappropriate. I had some giant breasted Zebra girl telling me that FURRIES RULE, so had to make it go away before I saw it on a billboard in-game

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo i gotta give it up to mayo, they brought the heat.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Sub-30% deficit of likes to bring a 51% win.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bill Barber posted:

Get more friends.

4 of us were sitting in the same room together! If we had 5 people someone would have had to sit out anyway.

We ended up just doing local multiplayer salmon run. Also the local multi disconnects a weird amount, but I heard this was a known problem with switch games in general

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

incoherent posted:

Sub-30% deficit of likes to bring a 51% win.

Popularity has no bearing on win rate. Only matches that have both teams get counted, so it's a level playing field and there's no deficit to overcome.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dr. Fetus posted:

And really, the only difference between a win or a loss is 3 Super Sea Snails at most, and you don't need those 3 snails that badly.

Oh yeah it def doesn't matter

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Get hosed tamato jam enthusiasts. You chose poorly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Still fighting the good fight for Mayo here in the UK, just managed Mayo Queen, but the fight against tomato marmalade still keeps going