Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
gently caress it

28-3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

gently caress it

28-3

Don't worry bro, the numbers on their shoulders will be our record going into week 14. When Matt Ryan suffers a season ending ACL tear. :suicide:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lmao

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Don't worry bro, the numbers on their shoulders will be our record going into week 14. When Matt Ryan suffers a season ending ACL tear. :suicide:

All good man. We will be back! Barring injury like you hinted at, I see no reason for this team to not make another deep run. It's just so weird in the NFL, ya never know.

Also, why is Kyle Shanahan wearing a #2 jersey in this pic?

e:

Chili, did you see D.J. Tialavea is moving to Tackle?!

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 3, 2017

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
this is an act of war

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

All good man. We will be back! Barring injury like you hinted at, I see no reason for this team to not make another deep run. It's just so weird in the NFL, ya never know.

Also, why is Kyle Shanahan wearing a #2 jersey in this pic?

e:

Chili, did you see D.J. Tialavea is moving to Tackle?!

If a guy is switching from TE to Tackle, we've got a loving TACKLE problem.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

If a guy is switching from TE to Tackle, we've got a loving TACKLE problem.

Eh, we have Matthews and Schrader and Garland as the potential swing along with some others...I am just wondering if they told his rear end he was getting cut unless he made the move? He is a good blocker...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So glad to see Morten Andersen get in the Hall of Fame. One thing Saints and Falcons fans can agree on is how great he was.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Was Coryell on the ballot this year?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FizFashizzle posted:

breaky claimed the panthers drafted jimmy clause to stop the saints offense

Still wondering wtf you're talking about here. Only way I would have posted something like that is if I was loving with someone or expecting it not to be taken seriously.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

You said something along the lines that everyone in the NFC south was drafting to stop the saints offense.

The panthers had just taken clausen and Edwards. I vividly remember scoffing involuntarily.

Let's all just admit saints fan posting during the sb->bountygate era was problematic and move on.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mighta been pushing a joke that drafting Clausen was going to tire out the Saints O.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

So glad to see Morten Andersen get in the Hall of Fame. One thing Saints and Falcons fans can agree on is how great he was.

Absolutely. Very happy for Mort.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The hype is real.

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/893814343174955008

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Im going to get my hopes up watching Hard Knocks then be horribly disappointed in the regular season aren't I?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I think the Bucs are going to be a legit threat to the division, which means they will probably be terrible

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I think the Bucs are going to be a legit threat to the division, which means they will probably be terrible

I honestly do too. Don't know about the terrible part, but that should be a good offense.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/HerbieTeope/status/893868248135020545

Yeesh

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

You and me both.

I'm excited to watch the Bucs this year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Supposedly he, Klein, and Warford all had heat cramps today. Hopefully that's all it was.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Im going to get my hopes up watching Hard Knocks then be horribly disappointed in the regular season aren't I?

If the offense doesn't work now it means we're loving cursed. Jameis has a lot of weapons, a developing but decent line and a third year of continuity with an offensive scheme. This is the year he should markedly improve so I'm the most hopeful I've been for a season since the early 2000s. It can still all go wrong, because it can always go wrong (unless your New England), but I think we're actually going to be good this year.

Please don't quote this in November when the Bucs are 4-6 coming out of the bye week.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Listen, I’ve lived in Tampa Bay for 27 years and I can say with certainty that the Bucs are going to be bad. That is the way of things. That said I am excited to see this offense, moral reservations about Jameis aside. I love me some Mike Evans and maybe they’ll have more than one WR threat this year!

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 6, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

Listen, I’ve lived in Tampa Bay for 27 years and I can say with certainty that the Bucs are going to be bad. That is the way of things.

So what was the 2002-2003 season?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
This is definitely in the 'beating a dead horse territory', but Dirty Coast (a NOLA t-shirt company) is raising money to erect a very mean-spirited billboard in Atlanta. I unironically rock some of their shirt designs on occasion. Their Jolly Satchmo design is baller, and they also sell a K&B shirt, and there's only a very small group of people on the planet who could possibly understand why that would be desirable.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

This is definitely in the 'beating a dead horse territory', but Dirty Coast (a NOLA t-shirt company) is raising money to erect a very mean-spirited billboard in Atlanta. I unironically rock some of their shirt designs on occasion. Their Jolly Satchmo design is baller, and they also sell a K&B shirt, and there's only a very small group of people on the planet who could possibly understand why that would be desirable.

I need to get one of the K&B shirts. I still have some bottles of K&B whisky and vodka floating around in storage somewhere.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Finally got to listen to Morton Andersens speech, missed it yesterday. It's really great :unsmith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The Bucs receiving corps is going to be absolutely insane this year. I am much less optimistic about the secondary.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

That Works posted:

I need to get one of the K&B shirts. I still have some bottles of K&B whisky and vodka floating around in storage somewhere.

WTB: 1 gallon bucket of K&B Neapolitan ice cream.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

WTB: 1 gallon bucket of K&B Neapolitan ice cream.

:jackbud:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

WampaLord posted:

So what was the 2002-2003 season?

An outlier.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I found our new slogan:

2017-2018: The Bucs Can Be An Outlier Again!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Jalen Collins is eating a 10 game ban for violating NFL PED policy.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Jalen Collins is eating a 10 game ban for violating NFL PED policy.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST

on a team that hands out pills like candy playing for a coach who's had his defensive players get busted numerous times throughout the years :thunk:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

on a team that hands out pills like candy playing for a coach who's had his defensive players get busted numerous times throughout the years :thunk:

Ah yes, the revisionist "the PED's in Seattle was all Quinn" history.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Ah yes, the revisionist "the PED's in Seattle was all Quinn" history.

There were rumors he had to get out of town for something or other which is why he randomly hosed off to florida

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Not worried about Jalen. He filled in for Tru admirably, but going into camp as a 4th stringer after getting scorched in the SB and now this...later dude. This pretty much seals Olatoye's roster spot.

Hopefully no one goes down at the position though...*knock on wood*

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Good news for Panther goons. If this moron says it won't work, it probably will work beautifully.

https://twitter.com/Andy_Benoit/status/894554471312838660

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Cam has zero touch on his passes. It's painful to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He can thread the needle like a motherfucker though and its not like cam can't throw short routes.

The whole touch thing wont be as much of an issue as the pundits think. Tolbert, Olsen, ginn, fozzy and Stewart have done plenty of work in the short areas for Carolina over the past two years. Theyre just designing routes and other poo poo for a guy who'll excel at it.

• Locked thread