Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Weird, I'll have to double check. I was half asleep at the time I signed up for it and just trying to get the thing set up so I could wake up in 7 hours, but I would have sworn it was $30. 5/year is much more reasonable.

I worded it poorly, I have it set up as select song. I just meant it's a premium feature that I would want in any other app too.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Arcsech posted:

Sleep Cycle is $5/year, not $5/month, and I have a "Select song" button under the Sound preference panel in it.

I have $15?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

And mine is the same screen, but saying 1 month free then $30/year.

I thought I was grandfathered into all the features bar one on it too, as I had it so long. Weird.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Hurray for random A/B testing!

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

EL BROMANCE posted:

And mine is the same screen, but saying 1 month free then $30/year.

I thought I was grandfathered into all the features bar one on it too, as I had it so long. Weird.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Hurray for random A/B testing!
"Top In-App Purchases for Sleep Cycle"

🤔

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hey girl you up posted:

"Top In-App Purchases for Sleep Cycle"

🤔

lol that's garbage.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

We're giving you access to the premium feature of being able to pay $35/yr

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

$35 a year seems outrageous what the hell do you even get?

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Honestly I've found that using Sleep Cycle hurts my sleep more than helps it. Having the phone on the bed with me or on the table beside it is a surefire way to get me to fiddle with it more before I go to sleep.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Plus if you really need to track your sleep, wearables are way more accurate right now.

Though I guess the snore detection is unique and sort of cool.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

$35 a year seems outrageous what the hell do you even get?

I go the same thing. I can't ever remember *paying* for anything, but I do remember trying it out when it first dropped (I think it was either free, or a one time fee at the time). So basically everything is unlocked *except* backing up historical data to their cloud. I'm not sure, but I *think* you also have access to all that historical data or something? But the fact it hooks into Health Kit renders that moot I think.

If I actually cared, I could probably find out.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that's how it used to be for me. I'm not sure how the app knows how you got it, and I guess doing a fresh install of a phone was enough to lose my extra features. No big deal as I've not used it for years anyway.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I've just reinstalled Sleep Cycle after having not had it on my phone for at least a year and it seems I'm grandfathered into premium, wth the subscription showing as £24.99/year.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Can anyone recommend a weightlifting tracker app for iPad? I mainly want to enter in exercises, weights and reps to see progress over time. It doesn't need a phone app as I won't use it in the gym.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
The trick is their Life Cycle app won't show trends on Sleep Quality without the online backup:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

just go to bed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Weedle posted:

just go to bed

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Weedle posted:

just go to bed

Reminder that this is a thread that needs reminders to drink water.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Except that determining the quality of your sleep is a legit topic of concern.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

Weedle posted:

just go to bed

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Weedle posted:

just kill youre self

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Didn't see the notification to drink the water because I couldn't see the notification telling me I need a haircut.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I'm pretty sure knowing that I'm not paying a random amount of money for a subscription alarm clock will do wonders for my sleep.

Is there any way to get the built-in Bedtime alarm clock to use a glaring klaxon alarm instead of soft tinkly good-vibes poo poo? The damned thing doesn't wake me up half the half the time if I fall asleep with my phone in another room.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

My sleep will be interrupted by the horror of having payed $35 per year for a loving sleep tracking app.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Sri.Theo posted:

Can anyone recommend a weightlifting tracker app for iPad? I mainly want to enter in exercises, weights and reps to see progress over time. It doesn't need a phone app as I won't use it in the gym.

Strong is the best. Can even track workouts in real time on your Apple watch, adjusting weights and reps.

Depressing Box
Jun 27, 2010

Half-price sideshow.
Are there any other (non-subscription) apps that just have the gradual alarm? It usually takes a while for me to fully wake up, so having something gently disturb my sleep before the actual alarm helps.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

sleepwalkers posted:

My sleep will be interrupted by the horror of having payed $35 per year for a loving sleep tracking app.

My sleep tracking costs $5000 upfront.

That's not even a joke or an exaggeration. My sleep is tracked by a $5000 device.

I also need to remember to keep track of how much water I drink, otherwise I'll dry out and if I gets bad enough, I'll get hospitalized for it, again.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

xzzy posted:

practice good sleep hygiene and get a sleep study if necessary. That’ll do way more
for you than some app telling you you sleep bad.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

skull mask mcgee posted:

practice good sleep hygiene and get a sleep study if necessary. That’ll do way more
for you than some app telling you you sleep bad.
I always kind of wondered, if you use a sleep tracker and the results are “bad”, what do you do differently than you would without the tracker? If you feel you have a sleep problem, the first steps you take don’t really need a tracker, and if you feel well-rested in the first place, why bother tracking?

I can see the benefit of something like an all-night snoring recording app to use as a test. And maybe the “it seems you’re in a light sleep and your alarm is set for an hour from now so I'm going to wake you up now” thing which I personally think is kind of dumb but I can understand why some people might want it.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Having an alarm go off when you're at a less sound asleep stage of your sleep cycle is a good thing, though. Assuming it's accurate.

I still might just try some other ones.

I would be surprised if there aren't a bunch of other gradual volume alarm clocks.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

One of the things sleep cycle does is that if you use it as an alarm is that it tries to wake you up when it detects you’re in the ideal sleep phase to be woken up from. I liked that feature but not really enough to keep using it.

e: actually I think I stopped using sleep cycle when iOS added the “bed time” feature. Those alarms ramp up gradually which I guess is what I wanted more than anything else.

susan b buffering fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 7, 2017

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

There are other ones that do the alarm when it detects you to be closest to waking, but I haven't seen one that doesn't make you put it on the bed. I've ruined two phones by accidentally falling asleep with them in bed and lying on top of them all night, I don't want my phone on the bed.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Having an alarm go off when you're at a less sound asleep stage of your sleep cycle is a good thing, though. Assuming it's accurate.

I still might just try some other ones.

I would be surprised if there aren't a bunch of other gradual volume alarm clocks.

All of the alarms under Bedtime are gradual volume.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Reminder that this is a thread that needs reminders to drink water.

I just need an app for my haircuts

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
IIRC we developed an entire cross-platform application suite for tracking haircuts a few years back.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

withak posted:

IIRC we developed an entire cross-platform application suite for tracking haircuts a few years back.

Without a baseline of my past few years haircuts this is worthless.

Any apps that can data mine my bank statements and Google calendar to produce that baseline of every haircut I've had since 2009?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

TraderStav posted:

Without a baseline of my past few years haircuts this is worthless.

Any apps that can data mine my bank statements and Google calendar to produce that baseline of every haircut I've had since 2009?

yes

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

How about a cloud based solution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

TraderStav posted:

Strong is the best. Can even track workouts in real time on your Apple watch, adjusting weights and reps.

Agreed, Strong is great. A little annoyed that the premium features are not that useful but oh well.