Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Chugga is not funny at all most of the time and is in fact a little infuriating

:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

A recommendation: Pete and Amy's recent LP of Mafia is a fun blast through a game that seems to actively resent being played.

A request: what are some of the best Castlevania LPs out there? I'm interested in any of the games in the franchise. Watching the great/terrible Netflix show has me jonesing for some Belmont action.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Weird request, but are there any multiplayer groups where people get salty and upset with each other during long recording sessions but go back to chill at the start of the next session in a cyclical fashion?

It's something I've noticed happens during northerlion's pubg sessions and for some reason I find it almost therapeutic

TheWanderingNewbie
Oct 12, 2007

Gotta Get Dem Cheevos
ModEdit: I think you meant to post this in the Stream thread.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 29, 2017

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Powerfrog posted:

Weird request, but are there any multiplayer groups where people get salty and upset with each other during long recording sessions but go back to chill at the start of the next session in a cyclical fashion?

It's something I've noticed happens during northerlion's pubg sessions and for some reason I find it almost therapeutic

Sounds like the Posse's Mario party thing.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Any good vlps of MGS 5?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Leal did one that's decent, and Chip is working on one (according to what Ironicus has hinted on a podcast).

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Some goons played 100% orange juice right? Where is the recording?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Herr Tog posted:

Some goons played 100% orange juice right? Where is the recording?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3638221 this one?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

YES

thank you

fieldmouse
Jul 1, 2013

Hello! Does anyone know if there are any Castlevania VLPs you'd recommend, especially of any of the 3D games?

E: second request -- any VLPs by women? Any games really.

fieldmouse fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 4, 2017

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

fieldmouse posted:

Hello! Does anyone know if there are any Castlevania VLPs you'd recommend, especially of any of the 3D games?

AccountingNightmare did some VLPs of the Devil May Cry series; they're on the archives.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

fieldmouse posted:

Faerie Fortune has a number of LPs under her belt including Pikmin and The Legend of Zelda.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

fieldmouse posted:

AllisonByProxy just wrapped up a VLP of Shadow Tower Abyss here. She's also doing OG Shadow Tower right now.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

fieldmouse posted:

Herpicle Omnicron 5 does some nice relaxing LPs if you're in the mood for something more chill. Battlefleet Gothic Armada is pretty great in particular.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Herpicle Omnicron 5 does some nice relaxing LPs if you're in the mood for something more chill. Battlefleet Gothic Armada is pretty great in particular.

It's flattering to see my LP recommended but BFG:A is neither a castlevania game and I am not a woman.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

fieldmouse posted:

Not on SA, but I really like Kay Plays. Unfortunately she's not active anymore but there's quite a bit of backlog to go through.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

fieldmouse posted:

Kathorynofsky does building gamese, plays similar games to Aavak and Splattercat. Lots and lots of factorio.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

It's flattering to see my LP recommended but BFG:A is neither a castlevania game and I am not a woman.

Yeah that one made me do a double take as well. Congrats on your transition I guess?

Dmar
Aug 19, 2004
yarg

Edmond Dantes posted:

Not on SA, but I really like Kay Plays. Unfortunately she's not active anymore but there's quite a bit of backlog to go through.

Unlike the others posted above (and Herp? :v: ) seems like all of Kay's Plays are live and blind.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Dmar posted:

Unlike the others posted above (and Herp? :v: ) seems like all of Kay's Plays are live and blind.

Yup. Her Dark Souls 1 run is one of the only blind DS runs that I loved to death and that I still rewatch from time to time; it's really fun watching her piece together bits of info from the lore and figure out mechanics, and she gets bloody good at the series as time goes on, especially considering she starts out not even being used to playing with a controller.

She also picks deprived at the start since she thinks the higher starting level will help her out. :v:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Let's Play Girl Games is an interesting look at how weird the gaming/programming industry can be.

fieldmouse
Jul 1, 2013

thanks everyone for the recs! i'm rly excited to dive into these. <3

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Are there any good Diablo 2 LPs out there?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Are there any good Diablo 2 LPs out there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6u9Ia33hRQ

Goes through all of Diablo 2 as a Necromancer, attempting to click as little as possible.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

fieldmouse posted:

If you're stilling looking, here's a few more:

SubponticatePoster's done a couple of great LPs of Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age: Inquisition. She's also getting ready to head into the endgame of Mass Effect 2. And Cartoon Violence and Pear-Drop are kind of doing a safari of every free-to-play MMO they can find, good, bad, or otherwise.

Beyond that I'll also second Jobbo's recommendation of Fae's work. She's great people.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Seconding SubponicatePoster's LPs. They're awesome and hilarious and the drinking games involved will likely kill you.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Not according to my fanfictions, cowboy.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

steinrokkan posted:

Not according to my fanfictions, cowboy.

You have fanfiction about admiral Speer secretly being a Belmont and going after the Blood Angels?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

nine-gear crow posted:

If you're stilling looking, here's a few more:

SubponticatePoster's done a couple of great LPs of Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age: Inquisition. She's also getting ready to head into the endgame of Mass Effect 2. And Cartoon Violence and Pear-Drop are kind of doing a safari of every free-to-play MMO they can find, good, bad, or otherwise.

Beyond that I'll also second Jobbo's recommendation of Fae's work. She's great people.

my dad posted:

Seconding SubponicatePoster's LPs. They're awesome and hilarious and the drinking games involved will likely kill you.
Aw, that's very nice! Sort of a caveat emptor, DAI was my first LP and the first couple episodes suffer from a lack of good equipment and just being stiff in general. I probably don't start hitting stride until episode 4 or so.

Dmar
Aug 19, 2004
yarg

SubponticatePoster posted:

Aw, that's very nice! Sort of a caveat emptor, DAI was my first LP and the first couple episodes suffer from a lack of good equipment and just being stiff in general. I probably don't start hitting stride until episode 4 or so.

I"m watching your ME LPs now on this advice and they're very good. I'm glad they were linked. I frequently actually laugh. :bravo:

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Well! I have made an rear end of myself! Sorry.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Has anyone started a good LP of The Long Dark yet? Been watching Skippy Granola's streams of it and I want to see more.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
Any skilled LPs of Prey out yet? Looking for something besides blind streams or facecams.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
What are some good, informative, voiced, video horror game LPs? I know some LPers sub them to preserve the atmosphere but I'd like voiced ones.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Getsuya posted:

What are some good, informative, voiced, video horror game LPs? I know some LPers sub them to preserve the atmosphere but I'd like voiced ones.

Bobbin Threadbare's LP of the Thief trilogy qualifies here, if you don't mind stealth gameplay.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Getsuya posted:

Niggurath does some great ones of some more obscure games. Supergreatfriend also does fantastic LPs.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Awesome. Those all look perfect!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Getsuya posted:

Awesome. Those all look perfect!

CJacobs is doing the original Silent Hill right now and previously did The Evil Within.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Can anyone recommend a good blind run of FF7? I signed up for an account here to read Elentor's but I'd like to see a blind one (video preferred). I poked around on youtube but a lot of them to be a single person who is also reading the dialog out loud which isn't my cup of tea.