Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Still waiting for my Flense. Tum-te-tum and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I realized it's been awhile since I dropped by and told Jay Wilson to gently caress himself for ruining Diablo and being an rear end in a top hat. Apparently he finally got fed up with me doing it every six months.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I realized it's been awhile since I dropped by and told Jay Wilson to gently caress himself for ruining Diablo and being an rear end in a top hat. Apparently he finally got fed up with me doing it every six months.

What is wrong with you.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

^burtle posted:

They straight up include dialogue that says, "Then Diablo is out there again somewhere" when you finish Act 5, so D4 is inevitable.

HL 2 ep3 confirmed.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

What is wrong with you.

I apologize for nothing

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

What?

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mikec81-1133/hero/92075095

So I ran into a wall at GR 87. This is my first time pushing into this range. Should my primary focus be on grinding bounties to reroll pieces or should I be grinding gems for augmenting?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

^burtle posted:

They straight up include dialogue that says, "Then Diablo is out there again somewhere" when you finish Act 5, so D4 is inevitable.

pls no more.
D3 makes me fall asleep now when I play it.
Great for insomnia.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

:confused:

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i am also a regular person

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

keratinous scutes posted:

I can do most of that. The amulet/compass rose have been rolled already to a socket. Dunno why it doesn't show that.

I think I cubed my last Krysbin's. Just found an ancient CoE too. Oh well. I'll find another.

In addition to what others have said if you're having trouble with deaths swap the stone of vengeance for a esoteric alteration. The reduced damage isn't too terrible but the boost to your durability can make the difference if you're getting penalized for more than one or two deaths.

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone know a legitimate place to buy Diablo, as in Diablo 1? Getting back into D3 has got me a bit nostalgic and I'd like to do a play through. Blizzard shows gently caress all that I can spot. I don't mind tossing some money at someone, I just can't find anywhere to get it. Vastly, VASTLY prefer a digital version, don't care if I have to do the old game dosbox tango.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Outside of eBay and the like, perhaps, I don't think you can buy the original Diablo any more. It didn't use the CD key system that pretty much all Blizzard games from WC3 onwards did, so they probably don't see the point to selling it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

:stare:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So the top Demon Hunter on Xbox has 8 loving primals that are perfect for his build, he's obviously a cheating fucker. Anyone know what potential exploit he's using to have 3-5x as many primals as any other player on the leaderboards?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

So the top Demon Hunter on Xbox has 8 loving primals that are perfect for his build, he's obviously a cheating fucker. Anyone know what potential exploit he's using to have 3-5x as many primals as any other player on the leaderboards?

Never underestimate unemployed poop sockers. It's very, very possible that he's been sitting there grinding 18 hours a day since the season started.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cyrano4747 posted:

Never underestimate unemployed poop sockers. It's very, very possible that he's been sitting there grinding 18 hours a day since the season started.
This

Also possibly multiboxing with multiple accounts for rewards to siphon all the legendaries onto his account? Theoretically ups your chances at getting that primal 4x, plus funnelling Souls for reforging

idk

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

I would outsource to China

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Cyrano4747 posted:

I don't, but unless this guy has developed a way to poopsock 5x more efficiently than any other player, something is fishy. Also I don't think you can multibox your way to victory in seasons.

Edit: also he's always been near the top just with normal solid gear. Unless he was sandbagging 8 primals I highly doubt this is legit.

His gear is light years beyond any other player of any other class.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 5, 2017

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
He could also just be botting.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

^^ on console? is that a thing?

I've had 6 primals drop for the builds I'm using, it's not impossible.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Dross posted:

^^ on console? is that a thing?

I wouldn't know, but there are a bunch of threads on the b.net forums complaining about bots on PS4, several of which mention Demon Hunters in particular.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Bots must be bad at wizard/necro

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's particularly weird because the console editions have no item sharing, period, full stop, in Seasons. So somehow the dude went from "no primals and not in the top 10" to "#1 with 8 perfectly rolled primals" in a 72 hour span without multi boxing!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
more of a "pay some shop in china to do an account recovery and poopsock the poo poo out of your account for a week" kind of thing

I'm leaning towards that due to the fact that on the XBL leaderboards no other class has that kind of gear yet by a long shot and this kid is barely beating out someone with a fifth of his gear. money doesn't buy skill apparently.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Even playing 24/7 for weeks like likelihood of getting that gear is massively low. I've never seen any character geared so well.

I'm just salty AF that I'm number 7 with one primal that's not quite a perfect roll and not even full ancients, and this loving clown rolls up with that fake rear end gear.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Do grift drops keep scaling up? I could see a paid service where 3 big balling dudes drag your account through endless gr100+ speed runs for hours and hours maybe?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Do grift drops keep scaling up? I could see a paid service where 3 big balling dudes drag your account through endless gr100+ speed runs for hours and hours maybe?

If so, you would imagine at least one other person would be half as well geared.

Unless this guy is the chosen one in the matrix something is hosed here.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
it takes zero effort to gear a 3 person team to speed run T13 rifts and bounties and swap in 4th's to pick up loot on completion

hell, i think half you assholes in slack crash my fiance and I's 2-man just in time to hand that poo poo in to tyrael with suspect perfect timing :v:

i still don't think its an ingame exploit though or every hero leaderboard on xbl would be hosed, not just DH.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

i still don't think its an ingame exploit though or every hero leaderboard on xbl would be hosed, not just DH.

Not necessarily. There were privately-known duping methods in Diablo 2 that lasted for years without anyone leaking them.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Impressive, I did not know that. I only ever played D2 solo

mewse
May 2, 2006

I think Diablo 1 is available for free on archive.org??

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah, a gearing method that doesn't rely on exploits but relies on account recoveries or similar would see a lot more people taking advantage of it.

An actual exploit would see limited initial use followed by either a PR explosion when it goes public or little to no additional usage of kept private.

I mean maybe this guy has 8 perfect primals for a single build, 5 more than anyone else, a few weeks into a season through some legit method.....

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost
There was an exploit on consoles with crafting rares/upgrading to legendary then quitting without saving until you get a primal that was fixed, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was still a way to do it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

mewse posted:

I think Diablo 1 is available for free on archive.org??

There's probably an ISO around that you can find, but Diablo 1 isn't free in the same way that Blizzard has quietly made Blackthorne and Lost Vikings available for free.

The best thing to do is just buy a cheap copy on eBay. Diablo 1 should still come packed in with thhe Diablo II battle chest, which you can still find at Walmart for $20.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Fatigued posted:

There was an exploit on consoles with crafting rares/upgrading to legendary then quitting without saving until you get a primal that was fixed, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was still a way to do it.

Is this actually any more time efficient than normal farming? How long does it take to load the game on a console?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dross posted:

Is this actually any more time efficient than normal farming? How long does it take to load the game on a console?

30 seconds maybe? And yes it's way faster.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's a 0.25% chance for a Legendary to be primal, so... you should see one roughly every 400 legendaries. You were slightly lucky last time at 300, and slightly unlucky this time at 500, with an overall trend of "exactly what you'd expect"!

Basically don't concern yourself with primal's, if they happen they happen. You have to practically be botting 24/7 to get them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Nah it doesn't, the big thing someone would want to pay for is to get ran through greater rifts to level up legendary gems. But I really don't think you can do that without also being able to contribute.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Primals are only marginally better than any well rolled ancient anyway. And in some cases they're actually worse (Hellcat Waistguard).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

yeah you're definitely a completely normal person