Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Somfin posted:

That is a distractingly low-cut top on that dude.

I thought the editor was a woman

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

"You can stop plucking the hole, now that I rammed this hollow barrel into another part of the wall!"

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Aug 6, 2017

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

mediadave posted:

I thought the editor was a woman

Zelda androgyny syndrome strikes again.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Wait, is that cartoon supposed to be sympathetic to Kelly? I'm a little thrown by the boy with the half-lidded eyes.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Nah, they all knew he was talking about black people.

edit: the police at that speech knew too.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Aug 6, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Somfin posted:

That is a distractingly low-cut top on that dude.

Low-cut tops on dudes isn't that uncommon in these days.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

If you change 'conservative' to 'liberal' it's also a completely plausible drunk duck cartoon, it's like an optical illusion.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Alhazred posted:

Low-cut tops on dudes isn't that uncommon in these days.

Didn't we have an election in November to sort all that poo poo out?

This is old, from 2014 when Netanyahu and Obama were having their rough patch, but it is striking and I don't remember ever seeing it before.

"Haaretz’s political cartoon on Thursday stirred controversy by depicting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu flying a plane into one of the World Trade Center towers attacked by al-Qaeda on September 11, 2001. Biderman [the artist] explained in a phone interview with The Times of Israel that the cartoon implied that Netanyahu was leading to 'a disaster in Israel-US relations on the scale of 9/11,' pointing to the prime minister’s 'arrogance' and unchecked settlement construction in retaliation for Palestinian terrorism and diplomacy alike."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There is absolutely no way a guy who dresses like that would be a tea party person, I cannot suspend my disbelief any longer

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

loquacius posted:

There is absolutely no way a guy who dresses like that would be a tea party person, I cannot suspend my disbelief any longer

That's how all Swedes dress.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Neodoomium posted:

Ramirez is such a little fascist fanboy.

How hard was he when he draw that tank? That's a whole lot of detail for the crosshatch king.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Starshark posted:

Wait, is that cartoon supposed to be sympathetic to Kelly? I'm a little thrown by the boy with the half-lidded eyes.

That's the message I got from it -- manly, powerful General Kelly and his mighty tank will stop the leaks much better than that wussy little boy.

(Because of course, the real problem is the leaks, and not what's being leaked.)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Selachian posted:

That's the message I got from it -- manly, powerful General Kelly and his mighty tank will stop the leaks much better than that wussy little boy.

But its still leaking from the wall.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Trogdos! posted:

Commissioned Cartoon for good buddy Mike Cernovich

so, uh, this cartoon might prove to have more relevance to the white house's internal feuds than initially thought

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/893971523974950912

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Who is the kid supposed to be? Also, is plugging up the hole with the barrel of a tank meant to be seen as a good plan? Still, great drawing of a tank manned by a guy with no eyes.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

Labels: Arab, Erekat, Intifada, Israel, medicine, Palestinians, PLO, terror

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is always the first thing I think of when someone mentions the little Dutch boy:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oh, I'd never heard of that myth and I've even been to Madurodam. I either missed that much better Achewood version or missed the reference too.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

loquacius posted:

Welcome to Scandinavia!

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
are we going to get a retrospective of satan worshipping illuminati cartoons for the next page or what

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

are we going to get a retrospective of satan worshipping illuminati cartoons for the next page or what
We already had a Garrison retrospective a few pages ago.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

loquacius posted:

Clothes don't always make the person, I've met rainbow-haired, tattooed, piercing-armed punks that worry about their 401ks and vote R. With all the anti conservative bias the RWM has been pushing I wouldn't assume that dressing weird equals to thinking weird.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

All the "Stock market is doing good under Trump" cartoons are funny because A) the stock market doesn't have a bearing on your average person's life and B) Trump hasn't done any economic policy yet, we're still experiencing growth under the previous administrations policies

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Then why do you continue supporting him, Stiglich?

Also: is it just me, or is Bish better than he used to be? When I lurked in previous years' iterations of this thread, I remember him being more conservative than he seems to be now.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Then why do you continue supporting him, Stiglich?

Also: is it just me, or is Bish better than he used to be? When I lurked in previous years' iterations of this thread, I remember him being more conservative than he seems to be now.

He's still conservative, he's just anti-Trump. And unlike a lot of conservative cartoonists, he doesn't pull his punches, he won't go out of his way to avoid mentioning Trump as much as possible, and he (usually) doesn't try to muddle it up with "but the other side is just as bad/worse."

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Honestly bish seems pretty unmemorable to me either way, outside of the fact that he drew the first black president with giant loving lips. And unlike others, it wasn't just part of his style. He never drew anybody else like that as far as I've seen.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

eXXon posted:

Oh, I'd never heard of that myth and I've even been to Madurodam. I either missed that much better Achewood version or missed the reference too.

tbh I don't know how the story actually goes. I only know the Lie Bot version.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pakled posted:

He's still conservative, he's just anti-Trump. And unlike a lot of conservative cartoonists, he doesn't pull his punches, he won't go out of his way to avoid mentioning Trump as much as possible, and he (usually) doesn't try to muddle it up with "but the other side is just as bad/worse."
The whole Trump thing was an interesting experiment in finding out which of the thread regulars have some shred of integrity, and which ones will suck whatever cock they've been told to suck and praise the flavor.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I wish I had a link to the post I saw way back in the day of a Bish toon dump being kicked off with a still from that old Star Trek board game with a VHS tape.

YOU! EXPERIENCE BIJ!

:allears:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Donald Trump, look behind you – Chris Riddell on the US president and the Russian bear that just won’t go away"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Extreme heat warnings issued in Europe as temperatures pass 40C

Times:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Welp we are approaching page 666 and my prayers and sacrifices received no response from the prince of darkness.
Though I suppose that is to be expected, I would not want to drag Donald trump into my house.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Any day now.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This hurts to look at in a very real and physical way.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

All the hundreds of cartoons on the theme of "oh no he done a stupid tweet here are some Bad Birds" are Wrong and it is Official so there. Also I am sick of them
https://twitter.com/freezydorito/status/893924279301156865

e: also I hope someone has some classic Kellys with jolly devils in them for the next page

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Zesty posted:

Any day now.

I mean, unlike Saddam Hussein and Iran, North Korea actually already has both nuclear weapons and the means to deploy them. "Any day now" is a retort to "Saddam did too have WMD, we'll find them! Just you wait!" and "If we don't bomb Iran immediately, they'll have nukes tomorrow! Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran!"

That doesn't mean the Iranian nuclear program wasn't a threat, or that invading North Korea is a good idea (that cartoon is arguing against provoking North Korea, for instance by invading), but the situation is completely different. Please don't be a partisan drone. :(

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Duke Igthorn posted:

Mmm. Every couple hundred pages someone comes up with the ASTOUNDING insight of...aw heck I'll just quote the last exchange:

*calls himself an idiot and I agree*

Also, you know, I'm in a thread specifically devoted to talking about political cartoons talking about political cartoons. Which you seem to be all aghast about.

"huh, when'd I say that?" "Oh, February." You're dumb as hell, dude.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This is really how conservatives dress when they go to protests on college campuses now, isn't it?

Also:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

:perfect:

• Locked thread