Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
And for the category of Whitest Sitcom Ever.
*opens envelope*

Out Of This World

look it up, I'm pretty sure I'm right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Slugnoid posted:

just gonna take the opportunity to remind everyone how good it is to be a public servant tax thief. never ever deal with this poo poo

You must live in an alternate dimension to me.

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

funmanguy posted:

*opens envelope*

Out Of This World

Big Bang Theory or Little House On The Prairie.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I've just discovered the Paramotor Community.

It's a group of white male libertarians who don't need no book-lernin. They record themselves in their self-taught flying, during which they bitch about FAA regs and persecution by licensed pilots who sight them and report their ill-advised and illegal ventures into the national airspace to the FAA. Which is hilariously easy to prove as they love to share videos of themselves for likes and subscribes and prosecution.

And then they crash and post their crash to YouTube. And they learn precisely nothing. And every single one of them eventually crashes. And none of them know how to edit their videos for time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCrFrhrNj1Q

I don't know how I've missed out on these beautiful tedious dumb people with broken legs.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

funmanguy posted:

*opens envelope*

Out Of This World

Deffo. It even has real-life Troy McClure.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bethamphetamine posted:

It's a group of white male libertarians who don't need no book-lernin. They record themselves in their self-taught flying, during which they bitch about FAA regs and persecution by licensed pilots who sight them and report their ill-advised and illegal ventures into the national airspace to the FAA. Which is hilariously easy to prove as they love to share videos of themselves for likes and subscribes and prosecution.

And then they crash and post their crash to YouTube. And they learn precisely nothing. And every single one of them eventually crashes. And none of them know how to edit their videos for time.

I don't know how I've missed out on these beautiful tedious dumb people with broken legs.

Wow. I kinda want to give it to them, these dumb fools who want to fly, but yeah that's so dumb.

In the suggested videos is this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8GlZBKLieo climbing up to 15,000 feet in his lovely paraglider. He even mentions "making sure to be clear of air traffic" like there's gently caress-all he can do about it in that thing.

And then the next suggested video? "I've been reported to the FAA... three times!" lmao. You got balls kid but one thing goes wrong and you're toast.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Wow. I kinda want to give it to them, these dumb fools who want to fly, but yeah that's so dumb.

In the suggested videos is this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8GlZBKLieo climbing up to 15,000 feet in his lovely paraglider. He even mentions "making sure to be clear of air traffic" like there's gently caress-all he can do about it in that thing.

And then the next suggested video? "I've been reported to the FAA... three times!" lmao. You got balls kid but one thing goes wrong and you're toast.

Apparently he's internet famous. His first crash was on a golf course. He also decided to video record himself dropping poo poo while he was flying one time, for views. He also doesn't understand how the FAA works and how every infraction is additive until they finally drop the hammer. He legit doesn't get that it is most convenient and cost effective to the FAA if he kills himself, but they will act if he endangers others to the point where they have to act to stop him.

He also violated a NOTAM and was intercepted by the military, so he's not the shiniest spoon in the drawer.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bethamphetamine posted:

Apparently he's internet famous. His first crash was on a golf course. He also decided to video record himself dropping poo poo while he was flying one time, for views. He also doesn't understand how the FAA works and how every infraction is additive until they finally drop the hammer. He legit doesn't get that it is most convenient and cost effective to the FAA if he kills himself, but they will act if he endangers others to the point where they have to act to stop him.

He also violated a NOTAM and was intercepted by the military, so he's not the shiniest spoon in the drawer.

:doh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgtEpsEa8Qg wow that's a special kinda stupid

"I can't tell if they look happy or not?" He's lucky as poo poo he's white.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Bethamphetamine posted:

i live in podunk nc and I got to watch a guy flying a go cart with a hang glider attached get shouted at to land by some sheriffs deputies. He didn't and he took down a bunch of wiring going to someones house when he crash landed so they turned him in. He got off w/ paying fines.

Incredibly surreal to see and no one believed me when I tried to tell the people in the ice cream store I was going to.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
That lovely manager said:

"I also thought that her years of experience were irrelevant; she didn’t have anything beyond a bachelor’s degree (most of us were smart and dedicated enough to get a masters) and her experience was in a different subset of insurance."

As someone who started working in his field right out of high school and now can pretty much do anything and everything involved in his line of work after 25 years of experience, this is maddening.

Congratulations, you and your 'team' of sadbrains spend untold thousands on an education where someone with a 'mere' bachelors degree can do your job better and more efficiently to the point that you literally admit that's the case when asked about it.

And you and your clown car crew literally bully her into quitting, thinking no one would ask questions or notice that the best employee you have is getting the hell out?

Absolutely incredible. The fact she took the entire shithouse down when she left is purely perfect.

I"ve seen so, so many kids show up for the first day on the job at my workplace so woefully unprepared and unqualified for their position despite all their years of college and university that my earlier career decisions are vindicated over and over again, almost on an annual basis at this point.

Wow, you can discuss Plato and ancient poetry all day and you are an authority on the history of Mesopotamian developments as societal norms, but you need a full day to write a 300 word filler article on recent forest fire alerts? So sad to see you go, Captain Incompetent.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Hey does this count for the thread?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/noseless-man-who-swam-across-river-while-high-on-meth-pleads-guilty-to-assaulting-rescuer-1.4233870

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bethamphetamine posted:

CFR 91.15 posted:

No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gloomy Rube posted:

How blind was the car driver to manage to hit her turning right like that? :psyduck:

In case anyone was wondering it's from a youtube video called "NANA CAR CRASH PRANK!!' by noted prankster/"social experimenter" Ben Phillips. His other videos include such hits as "HE SPRAYED 1000 D*CKS ALL OVER MY HOUSE **PRANK!**", "20,000 BEES ATTACKED MY BRO! **PRANK!**", "HE BURNT ORPHANS CLOTHES **PRANK!**", "SUPERGLUED MY BRO TO A DWARF! **PRANK!**", "MY BRO HAD A POO IN A SUPERMARKET! **PRANK!**", "SUPERGLUED HIM TO THE TOILET **PRANK!** (RAGE)" and so on and so forth.

I didn't watch the video and I'm not going to post a link because gently caress this dumb rear end in a top hat.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

lmao

https://i.imgur.com/7yRxYJG.gifv

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Shake your head. Says "Feels good". Magic!

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 12:21 on Aug 6, 2017

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
That was totally what I needed when I am this hungover.

:barf:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Yeah rip.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

This is from a while back but this is wrong.

quote:

If Von Ormy is a libertarian experiment with democracy, it’s one that hasn’t turned out as expected.

I'd say it turned out exactly as expected by anyone who is not an idiot libertarian.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Heil Honey I'm Home¦

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hedenius posted:

This is from a while back but this is wrong.

I'd say it turned out exactly as expected by anyone who is not an idiot libertarian.

quote:

"There’s nobody competent enough to lead this city and we sure as hell can’t attract anybody to come and fix us."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I love how fast o-line men are when they let loose. Giant fat guys that can run you down is scary.

loving :lol:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Phoneposting incompetently atm. What's falling?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Karate Bastard posted:

Phoneposting incompetently atm. What's falling?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Falling_Man

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

How in the gently caress can any of you believe that Ask a manager thing is true? Like, who would write "She was perfect in every way, we were stupid and evil and then we all got fired"? Jeez.

E:

stdh.txt posted:

My team found her quietness and her ability to develop sales presentations and connect with each client was very show-off-like.

Seems legit.

Freudian slippers has a new favorite as of 15:00 on Aug 6, 2017

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

Shake your head. Says "Feels good". Magic!

I don't see feels good, to me it says gently caress YOU.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Two Chinese tourists were arrested in Berlin for making Hitler salutes outside the German parliament on Saturday.

Being terrible tourists is just another thing China has surpassed the west at.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Slime posted:

I don't see feels good, to me it says gently caress YOU.

Oh poo poo we were all waiting for this post. Sorry that you had to find out that you're colorblind in the PYF Schadenfreude thread like this.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Almost missed the naked man in the corner.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh poo poo we were all waiting for this post. Sorry that you had to find out that you're colorblind in the PYF Schadenfreude thread like this.

gently caress

Nude posted:

Almost missed the naked man in the corner.

I've seen this gif a bunch of times and I've never noticed him until now.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The ignominious origin of the Daleks.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Freudian slippers posted:

How in the gently caress can any of you believe that Ask a manager thing is true? Like, who would write "She was perfect in every way, we were stupid and evil and then we all got fired"? Jeez.
E:
Seems legit.
Having had some comically loving terrible supervisors, that story is absolutely plausible. Some people are just oblivious shitstains who cannot believe they aren't the center of the universe.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/sgKCYC3.mp4

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Germans are really tough on cultural appropriation.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Thanks for that, a woman getting run over by a thomas the tank engine on meth is exactly what I needed right now. I never even knew.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Is there video of this? I have to hear all those guys jumping around and laughing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Human Tornada posted:

Is there video of this? I have to hear all those guys jumping around and laughing.

https://twitter.com/CFBONFOX/status/893954514046275584

Edit:
https://twitter.com/espn/status/893910251807834112

:haw:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The dude bailing out like his push box car is going to explode on impact is the best part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Having had some comically loving terrible supervisors, that story is absolutely plausible. Some people are just oblivious shitstains who cannot believe they aren't the center of the universe.

Maybe, but is someone who specifically points out an employee's experience and ability to connect with clients/be liked by other higher up as flaws really oblivious? Or is she pulling our collective leg?

She writes well and has a graduate degree as per the story. Definitely reeks of troll, oblivious people don't leave so many giant obvious breadcrumbs for strangers to really dig into. This troll checked too many boxes. You gotta calibrate!!

Every follow up just gets more obviously tastier too. I don't buy it either even though I am all too familiar with the phenomenon of perfectly mediocre, insufferable, and downright terrible people generally finding a whole lot more success in middle management than in any other role they have ever held.