Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

CapnAndy posted:

I would have much more happily accepted that, but nope, his note specifically says he took it to a lab and did a special rush-job DNA test on it.

just imagine Supes showing up to Barry's crime lab and dumping a mouldering river skeleton on his desk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He did the DNA test at super speed, obviously.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Autism Sneaks posted:

just imagine Supes showing up to Barry's crime lab and dumping a mouldering river skeleton on his desk

Again Kal?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

bobkatt013 posted:

Again Kal?

"well I can't exactly get a certified genealogy test at the Batcave"

also I don't remember Supes having DNA-sequencing vision but his Marvel pastiche Hyperion does, it was used in a one-shot to track a kid from space because comic books

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 5, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Superman could presumably use his telescopic vision to just see DNA similarities I guess?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Aphrodite posted:

Superman could presumably use his telescopic vision to just see DNA similarities I guess?

He's done that a lot in various comics.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Superman sounds like a crazy person.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

Lex doesn't need Waller though, he's got the perfect girlfriend: a fuckbot of Lois Lane.

i would rather have sex with a robot than amanda waller not even a lois grade fully functional one maybe one of those second hand realdolls people advertise on craigslist if it was washed out with disinfectant first

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
what made you think any of that was okay to post

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Superman has DNA sequencing vision.

No, he took it to his pal Batman, whose crime lab is surely so bullshit that it takes the DNA and just pops out a name with no need for a descendant's DNA to match it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TwoPair posted:

No, he took it to his pal Batman, whose crime lab is surely so bullshit that it takes the DNA and just pops out a name with no need for a descendant's DNA to match it.

Batman already has everyone's DNA.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Neurosis posted:

i would rather have sex with a robot than amanda waller not even a lois grade fully functional one maybe one of those second hand realdolls people advertise on craigslist if it was washed out with disinfectant first

What the gently caress is this?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Neurosis posted:

Why would you post this?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This thread is real loving strange a lot of the time.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Selling Sex doll. Nicknamed "The Wall". slighty used

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
somebody probably already said it but the best Superman story this week was Green Arrow

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Looks like the new Kirby trades will look pretty funky.
https://www.amazon.com/Mister-Miracle-Jack-Kirby-New/dp/1401277179/ref=sr_1_11?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1502127824&sr=1-11

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

rad.

I'm looking forward to Tom King's Mister Miracle #1 this week; more New Gods chicanery from a writer that gets the characters seems like a rare thing, and with Scott Free being almost totally absent from Morrison's Seven Soldiers/Final Crisis storylines (I don't recall seeing him ever mention it, but I assume it's because having Shilo and Scott together again would have jammed up the plot), King's mantra in interviews of "it's time to tell a story about Scott Free that speaks to how loving weird 2017 is" feels right.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDTLnlxXK-4
Promo interview with Tom King.
Funky Flashman confirmed.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Crusader posted:

rad.

I'm looking forward to Tom King's Mister Miracle #1 this week; more New Gods chicanery from a writer that gets the characters seems like a rare thing, and with Scott Free being almost totally absent from Morrison's Seven Soldiers/Final Crisis storylines (I don't recall seeing him ever mention it, but I assume it's because having Shilo and Scott together again would have jammed up the plot), King's mantra in interviews of "it's time to tell a story about Scott Free that speaks to how loving weird 2017 is" feels right.

It's very good. I haven't been so excited for a book in a very long time. It really does nail the sense of forboding and confusion that 2017 seems to be made of.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Got and read Mister Miracle. Very strange, even for Tom King's usual stylings, and I look forward to seeing how it all comes together.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Aww, Jason got himself a girlfriend

And just in time to deal with their genius children

Man, RHATO is so good :allears:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This is the darkest timeline

SMP
May 5, 2009

I know almost nothing about DC's New Gods pantheon but Mister Miracle #1 was insanely good.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
The end of the current New Super-Man arc felt a bit rushed. I think it could've used another issue to flush everything out.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

So the current issue of Superwoman did the thing I maybe hate most in comic book writing. It made me feel like I had skipped an issue. Doing an in media res opening is fine, but you have to explain how you got to that "starting" point, which it never does. Also, the flashback is literally an episode of Smallville.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Speaking of Superwoman, it looks like it might end up being the first Rebirth series to get the boot:

http://collectededitions.blogspot.nl/2017/08/zero-hour-armageddon-2001-deluxe-batman.html

quote:

• Superwoman Vol. 3 (Rebirth)

Issues #13-18. The solicitation calls this "the finale of one of the most unique tales in DC history," so it's possible the K. Perkins story ends with issue #18.

Kind of a bummer. I was really rooting for this book to be something good when it was initially announced, but I'll be the first to admit that it hasn't exactly had a stellar run. :rip:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Nothing got hit harder than the secondary retcon wave either, since Lana's origin story was that she got some of Superman's powers when he died and exploded, along with Lois, but Lois died on their first mission together. With none of those things true she just... has powers, don't think about it too hard.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Mister Miracle was fantastic! It does leave me with a question, especially after reading Godhead. These were clearly the pre-N52 version of the New Gods. Yet in the latest issue of Hal and the GLC, Orion looks like he did in the N52. Wtf is going on with that?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He said that he's aiming for it to be an evergreen story, so it's probably best to not really have ties that'd make you have to worry about whatever's happened since Kirby.

edit: I think he also said in that video I posted that it's in continuity, but I wouldn't expect him to play with anything exactly pointing to the current status quo of the DCU.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 10, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

Mister Miracle was fantastic! It does leave me with a question, especially after reading Godhead. These were clearly the pre-N52 version of the New Gods. Yet in the latest issue of Hal and the GLC, Orion looks like he did in the N52. Wtf is going on with that?

Shhhhhhhhhhh, just roll with it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Well as long as future Fourth World stuff is back to normal (pre-N52), I'll be happy.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I love Orion's N52 look. Especially the scooter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I love Orion's N52 look. Especially the scooter.

I like how he was a huge jerk and Wonder Woman crushed his balls.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I saw the news about the new Batman comic with Duke Thomas by Snyder. I like Duke Thomas as a character. But I really don't like his costume. And the codename The Signal is possibly one of the worst codenames I've ever heard.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

pubic works project posted:

It's a reboot. This poo poo happens like it did with 52, One Year Later, New 52, Identity Crisis.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And just in time to deal with their genius children

Man, RHATO is so good :allears:

How did you miss the actually important good parts of the comic? Like Lex dealing with his feelings RE: Bizzaro.

Like I actually feel embarassed to say it but this is one of... not necessarily near the top of the list of comics that DC's putting out right now, but definitely good comics.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Mostly good lex Luther is one of the best things about DC right now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

I saw the news about the new Batman comic with Duke Thomas by Snyder. I like Duke Thomas as a character. But I really don't like his costume. And the codename The Signal is possibly one of the worst codenames I've ever heard.

Seeing that costume my question is when did Wolverine start working for Batman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Signal is such a great codename. That costume is bad though, the one he's been wearing in All Star backups is way better.

I'm so glad they didn't go with Lark.