Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

How can anyone hate Dale at this point

Also, Elliott probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

He doesn't seem to understand how to set these cars up at all.

I like Dale but I'm not a die hard fan by any means. Actually I'm really digging a lot of the new talent. Blaney & Bubba bromance is one of my favorite things in racing right now.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Harveygod posted:

NASCAR 2017: lol, Kyle's fine

Larson would have won

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

VikingSkull posted:

Larson would have won

:suicide:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Norns posted:

He doesn't seem to understand how to set these cars up at all.

I like Dale but I'm not a die hard fan by any means. Actually I'm really digging a lot of the new talent. Blaney & Bubba bromance is one of my favorite things in racing right now.

The current crop of talent waiting in the wings is really exciting to see. It'll be great if NASCAR can survive long enough to get them to the top ranks.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

kidcoelacanth posted:

How can anyone hate Dale at this point

Also, Elliott probably

lets go roman

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/894199952041279488

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FuzzySkinner posted:

What frustrates me about JJ's 7 is not that it actually took a way few titles from Jeff in the process

Jeff really should have 7 Cup titles at this point, and JJ should have a respectable 4 or 5. JJ is GREAT! Don't get me wrong, but drat the chase is garbage.

Yeah, Jimmie is a great driver and took full advantage of the chase rulesets, unfortunately Gordon could not :smith:

:getin:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Jeff Gordon won the popular vote

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Gordon had an average finish of like 6th in the 2007 Chase and still got out-Jimmied. :suicide:

I'm a couple podcasts behind, but Junyer is currently railing against the start times again in the post-NHMS one and he and the co-host are talking about how the mid-2000s shift to 2-3pm EDT start times were promoted as a GREAT THING and then the 1/3:30/7:30 start times were a GREAT THING and now we're back on 2-3pm start times drivers can't even keep straight, which probably means we'll go back to NFL-style standard start times in like 2 years and IT'LL BE GREAT!

If you can't like the most popular driver in a sport who's totally candid about hating much of what they do, then I don't know what to tell you.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

dentist toy box posted:

they'll flock to not watching NASCAR

:tipshat:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

NASCAR doesn't deserve Junior.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gret posted:

No one does, but that's why we love him.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

CactusWeasle posted:

This is on the official NASCAR Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phMLs3StqS0

Amazing..

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kyle about to curbstomp the field today, whoops

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
he's a scary enough driver to have taken that loss streak personally and is about to unleash a string of wins IMO

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://streamable.com/bezh8

Truex with a new pit strategy.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

iospace posted:

https://streamable.com/bezh8

Truex with a new pit strategy.

Furniture Row is really making bold new strides in getting ahead in racing

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, in other news: Jimmie has turn 1 problems again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8veTVAHi5k

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Why are they putting windshield wipers on the cars and pretending anything other than a red flag will happen if there is the slightest drizzle

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CactusWeasle posted:

Why are they putting windshield wipers on the cars and pretending anything other than a red flag will happen if there is the slightest drizzle

Because ~reasons~.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CactusWeasle posted:

aero

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CactusWeasle posted:

When did Charlie Whiting become the chief steward of NASCAR?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CactusWeasle posted:

JGR left them on a couple years ago and got an aerodynamic advantage, so now they're all doing it.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Why do anyone but the 18 or 78 even show up most weeks

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Dale Earnhardt Jr. = Fernando Alonso

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Stage 2 result :cool:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Hail satan

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Kyle Busch should be parked for life for this dangerous driving setting a bad example for the kids.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Top 4 JGR

All 6 JGR cars in the top 10

:suicide:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Good finish, was really hoping Suarez could sneak a win

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Truex winning is acceptable.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm not a fan of Joe Gibbs.

I do think Toyota is cool though, and the idiots on twitter having meltdowns over them is borderline absurd. Literally calling the Japanese "Evil" is one of the comments.

Hot take? Without Toyota, NASCAR is probably in even worse shape right now. I think they're the only one's really throwing money out their for development and sponsorship. Goddamn what a bunch of morons.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Toyota is also the only one that advertises using NASCAR

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Toyota probably builds more vehicles in America than GM or Ford anyway. They've had plants here for, what, 40 years?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
gained a badass av

lost my gang tags

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Cygni posted:

the best case scenario is kyle bush winning every race to the championship in dominating form while getting minor cheating penalties every race, getting out of the car at the last race in a "gently caress donald trump" tshirt, and breaking the trophy over his knee

anything that upsets nascars fan base is GOOD

I hate you a little for this but I'd root for it.

Divine Styler posted:

As long as Dale Jr. doesn't win another race in his career I'll be happy. Curious who his legion of bandwagon fans will flock to after this year.

:frogout:

gret posted:

This 100%.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

VikingSkull posted:

gained a badass av

lost my gang tags

I'll fix when I get home

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
you are the best mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
Keselowski is such a doosh. If you can't beat em, wreck em.

• Locked thread