Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
It is indeed the awful android app, ops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Meat Wagon posted:

Stoke are going to replace Arnautovic with Jean-Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting. I don't know anything about him apart from him having 5 names and he's on a free. Is he any good?

this is a made-up name, you can't fool me

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

this is a made-up name, you can't fool me

I kept rereading it expecting it to be some sort of joke when sounded out like Sofa King We Todd Did, but unfortunately no

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
http://www.espn.com.mx/futbol/espana/nota/_/id/3441903/barcelona-amarra-al-brasileno-coutinho

Some guy from ESPN reckons Barca have agreed a move for Coutinho and he;s handed in a transfer

Don't believe it but there you go

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

http://www.espn.com.mx/futbol/espana/nota/_/id/3441903/barcelona-amarra-al-brasileno-coutinho

Some guy from ESPN reckons Barca have agreed a move for Coutinho and he;s handed in a transfer

Don't believe it but there you go

Except...

https://twitter.com/marcelobechler/status/894260220528087040

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

trem_two posted:

Sneijder has arrived in Nice for a medical tomorrow

Sneijder to Nice is a done deal

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
@SkyKaveh Sunday Times: Mystery billionaire Chinese investor wants to buy a stake in Manchester United. Source says 8% was offered for sale last week

Hmm. The idea of our financial power without debt is somewhat enthralling. If Football is already dead and all... I'm just saying. :thunk:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
mods please permaban PirateBob, tia

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

PirateBob posted:

@SkyKaveh Sunday Times: Mystery billionaire Chinese investor wants to buy a stake in Manchester United. Source says 8% was offered for sale last week

Hmm. The idea of our financial power without debt is somewhat enthralling. If Football is already dead and all... I'm just saying. :thunk:

I thought you were financial eunuchs now?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

PirateBob posted:

just sell a few ibra shirts, that seems to be the answer to all united's financial questions

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/894300627509141505

Barca officially bid for Dembele

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Did they actually?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

PirateBob posted:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Many places are reporting that Lemina to Southampton for €20m will be finalized in the next couple of days. I'm actually disappointed to see him leave Juve, but it is at least decent business.

It'll be good to see how he does as a starter.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

PirateBob posted:

Your gimmick is really confusing.

What's the policy on gimmick posting in TRP?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

CyberPingu posted:

Your gimmick is really confusing.

What's the policy on gimmick posting in TRP?

Is being a bad poster a gimmick because uhh I may need to change some things

Klopp's said he's totally fine with having three permacrocks and Klavan as his center backs going into a season with (hopefully) CL football. This is all absolutely fine.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

trem_two posted:

Many places are reporting that Lemina to Southampton for €20m will be finalized in the next couple of days. I'm actually disappointed to see him leave Juve, but it is at least decent business.

Wow I was just about to come in here to question Southamptons absence in any transfers this summer, and now I see they're maybe after Lemina. Would prolly be a good pickup for them.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

quote:

Neymar hasn't even made his Paris Saint-Germain debut yet, but already his transfer is causing an uproar in Brazil as Santos are reportedly seeking a percentage of his world-record 222 million euro transfer fee.

Not only are they looking for five percent of the amount being sent Barcelona's way, which would be 8.9m euros, but they are also demanding 4.5m euros for the supposed non-completion of a contract clause which required two friendly matches to be played between the Catalan and Sao Paulo clubs.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2017/08/06/598639d246163fc9618b4592.html

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

Is being a bad poster a gimmick because uhh I may need to change some things

Klopp's said he's totally fine with having three permacrocks and Klavan as his center backs going into a season with (hopefully) CL football. This is all absolutely fine.

Well he's hardly about to say "yes we desperately need a new centre back" and get every centre back on the market to tack 10m onto their asking prices

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

But he bought out his own contract, right?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Weaponized Cum posted:

Sneijder to Nice is a done deal

Does Sneijder have anything left in the tank?

Nice have a nice little squad

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Di Marzio is saying that Barca have already made a bid for Ousmane Dembele.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
got to agree with piratebob

people like steve gibson have ruined football for people who support small underdogs like manchester united.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

big clubs spending absurd amounts of money on single players is actually good for the overall health of the game as it'll make more clubs financially solvent.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

straight up brolic posted:

big clubs spending absurd amounts of money on single players is actually good for the overall health of the game as it'll make more clubs financially solvent.
Trickle-down soccernomics is extremely my poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

straight up brolic posted:

it definitely doesn't gently caress transfers up for clubs in those leagues that can't afford those prices

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think there are other reasons for newcastle loving up their transfers lol

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jose posted:

it definitely doesn't gently caress transfers up for clubs in those leagues that can't afford those prices
Idk the FA needs to figure out a way to distribute the tv and transfer windfall through the championship but championship players are regularly being sold to other championship clubs for 15m now which would have been absurd 10 years ago.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
This all sounds very sustainable.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose posted:

Gosh, they should just get bought up by slave driving Saudi oil billionaires or dodgy Chinese guys. I mean get with the program, guys!

E: or fat Americans who look like lawn ornaments.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Still having a big old LOL at Pirate Bob's double meltdown yesterday.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If Coutinho goes for 120m I'm going to cry.

And lol. Because someone on this forum said last summer if PSG offered 45m for him we should take it and then a load of people ripped into me for saying we could get at least 60 for him.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Der Shovel posted:

Gosh, they should just get bought up by slave driving Saudi oil billionaires or dodgy Chinese guys. I mean get with the program, guys!

E: or fat Americans who look like lawn ornaments.

to be fair newcastle did get bought by a slave owner

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

CyberPingu posted:

If Coutinho goes for 120m I'm going to cry.

And lol. Because someone on this forum said last summer if PSG offered 45m for him we should take it and then a load of people ripped into me for saying we could get at least 60 for him.

It's a shame that money is essentially meaningless for Liverpool, as even if we got £200m for him, Pulisic, Keita and van Dijk still wouldn't be for sale.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

CyberPingu posted:

Still having a big old LOL at Pirate Bob's double meltdown yesterday.

He was mostly just copying posts from redcafe.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

trem_two posted:

Sky reported last week that Stoke had made a bid for him. I don't know whether we were originally in for him and hosed it up or that Jim White is a retard and doesn't know the difference between teams that play in red and white stripes. I really hope its the latter because if we were after him and lost out I will be extremely unhappy let me tell you!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lot 49 posted:

He was mostly just copying posts from redcafe.

Copying his posts from redcafe.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Does Sneijder have anything left in the tank?

Nice have a nice little squad

According to swiss-french media Favre wanted him, Favre has a good eye for players. Apparently Sneijder wanted to leave Turkey for political reasons, he would have still had a spot in the squad. He should fit well into Favre's system.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Meat Wagon posted:

Sky reported last week that Stoke had made a bid for him. I don't know whether we were originally in for him and hosed it up or that Jim White is a retard and doesn't know the difference between teams that play in red and white stripes. I really hope its the latter because if we were after him and lost out I will be extremely unhappy let me tell you!

So do you think we will finish 19th or 20th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

United sure have earned every penny of their looney sponsorship deals

He's left the club so doesn't benefit from any of the Asian sponsors anymore

• Locked thread