Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

tanks are optional in 1-65 content and I love reminding the primadonna tanks of this fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
yojimbo trial should have an entry fee. how much you pay determines the difficulty and what rewards you get

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I don't think tanks asking you not to pull for them are primadonnas? That poo poo would get on my nerves too.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you ever say anything in chat other than "hello" at the beginning of the dungeon you're a primadonna

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Last night I said "gently caress I queued for the wrong roulette oh well" and got all 3 comms for not bailing so I may be onto a good commendation scam

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
[quote="“cheetah7071”" post="“475091611”"]
If you ever say anything in chat other than “hello” at the beginning of the dungeon you’re a primadonna
[/quote]

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
for the record I actually did queue up for the wrong roulette

I'm still a little salty about that

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

cheetah7071 posted:

If you ever say anything in chat other than "hello" at the beginning of the dungeon you're a primadonna

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If your reaction to a tank saying "Protect?" at the beginning of a dungeon is "I can't wait to gently caress this dude over in a few minutes and cause a wipe" then I think group content might not be for you

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Brainamp posted:

Screw that, I want that boss to be an actual Yojimbo trial.

i dont, that fight is extremely boring

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I entered Stone Vigil as a naked Gladiator, said "oh poo poo I can't equip my job stone" when I put my gear on, died multiple times on trash pulls, and got 3 comms at the end.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

If you ever say anything in chat other than {Hellfrog Medium} at the beginning of the dungeon you're a primadonna

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

strong bird posted:

^

I have trouble understanding why people like Yojimbo

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

nuru posted:

^

because he's yojimbo

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

strong bird posted:

People want YojimboEX because they don't like his existing fight. They don't want it to just get moved into its own trial with no difference.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So, once Balmung got closed off and it was free to transfer off Balmung to any 'fresh' servers, Mateus was the designated arrival spot for many roleplayers and people generally fed up from Balmung queues and all.
Because Mateus had been sparsely populated for a long time, two people were able to buy an entire housing ward for themselves before the arrival of all the people emigrating from Balmung and people were of course salty about this as it severely limited the availability of houses in the game.
So what does one then do? https://seraphaltima.tumblr.com/post/162409157558/an-open-letter-from-mateus-goblet-ward-12

Sperg the gently caress out about it :suicide:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I have memories of that player from when I was on Gilga. Shitter.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Stalins Moustache posted:

Sperg the gently caress out about it :suicide:

Equality of outcome vs equality of opportunity in action.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

nuru posted:

^

I think the sentiment is that people like the aeon in FFX, but feel like his fight in Kugane Castle is underwhelming. So they want a trial so that Square has a second chance to get it right. I don't think it'll happen because I don't think anything like that has happened before, but I don't blame people for wanting it. I dunno, maybe he could be like Odin and also be a FATE.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

I think the sentiment is that people like the aeon in FFX, but feel like his fight in Kugane Castle is underwhelming. So they want a trial so that Square has a second chance to get it right. I don't think it'll happen because I don't think anything like that has happened before, but I don't blame people for wanting it. I dunno, maybe he could be like Odin and also be a FATE.

Something like that has absolutely happened before. Diabolos.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The wife and I just resubbed yesterday. Is anyone on Famfrit?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Wow that's a very entitled meltdown. My favorite part is the unironic "how dare you."

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

yojimbo trial should have an entry fee. how much you pay determines the difficulty and what rewards you get

I unironically really like the idea of this.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Yojimbo should have been the end boss to Lost Canals.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

So what you're saying is that Super Yojimbo is going to be the end boss of the 5.0 24 man raid series.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Thundarr posted:

So what you're saying is that Super Yojimbo is going to be the end boss of the 5.0 24 man raid series.

Probably not.

But there's an unspoken hint we haven't seen the last of him in the mechanics. At no point in time is the dude in that dungeon capable of paying him enough to kill the party outright. At 100% on the meter his attack STILL doesn't change over to his signature autokill attack.

Someone with more money is going to have to hire him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yojimbo and Gilgamesh could go pretty well together in the Manderville story lines

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Kuvo posted:

Greg and Yoshi's Excellence Adventure would be the best Hildy story/trial

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Gearhead posted:

Probably not.

But there's an unspoken hint we haven't seen the last of him in the mechanics. At no point in time is the dude in that dungeon capable of paying him enough to kill the party outright. At 100% on the meter his attack STILL doesn't change over to his signature autokill attack.

Someone with more money is going to have to hire him.

Yeah, they go through lengths to show that he isn't remotely fighting at full strength. Not only does he survive when we beat him, we don't even really actually BEAT him. The merchant runs out of money and Yojimbo just leaves, not looking much worse for the wear.

Personally I want a Yojimbo fight that works like a tug-of-war against another opponent, with both sides working to outbid the other. Maybe the players get one of those wealthy lalafels on their side?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Actually I have easily defeated the clown car giant Yojimbo and his fucktard dog in combat many times.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Eh, they just need Lolorito to decide that he wants us dead this week. Or any syndicate person really.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yojimbo will be an add in rowena extreme

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Lolorito vs some Garlean merchant prince.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 6, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Shinryu Extreme is gonna be the best trial ever

what's the raid update schedule for 4.0 again? Getting Omega on even updates?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Augus posted:

Shinryu Extreme is gonna be the best trial ever

what's the raid update schedule for 4.0 again? Getting Omega on even updates?

Omega on the evens and Ivalice on the odds is what it sounds like.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

We're also getting some sort of super savage on odds.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, I specifically meant dungeon boss -> trial. I don't think that's ever happened. Unless you count Menagerie.

Mordiceius posted:

Yojimbo should have been the end boss to Lost Canals.

I wonder if someone had this thought and was shot down or if nobody even thought of it. Because clearly this would've made the most sense even if it would've pissed off a lot of people.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SonicRulez posted:

Oh, I specifically meant dungeon boss -> trial. I don't think that's ever happened. Unless you count Menagerie.

Nidhogg.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I think we have to consider the possibility that Yojimbo is just not actually very good at his job, given his habit of cleaning his clients completely dry of money and providing no useful services at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

The Grimace posted:

Wow that's a very entitled meltdown. My favorite part is the unironic "how dare you."

Dramatic maybe, but entitled? They bought out a ward when no one played on the server then everyone later gave them poo poo when it became a hot property. Maybe I'm crazy, but they seem in the right here. Hell, I could buy most of a ward at the prices they posted in a screenshot in 2016.